PDA

View Full Version : Ref

Northern Hibby
21-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Was the Ref yesterday as bad as I thought he was or was I watching through green tinted glasses?

ronaldo7
21-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Posted on another thread that I thought he was poor. He seemed to want to stop the game for wee nigly 50/50s that should have been allowed to run. It's a man's game after all:wink:

Both strikers got late bookings for mouthing off to him after some dodgy decisions.

Fenlon had a go at him at full time as well. Not happy

Iggy Pope
21-10-2012, 07:36 PM
No idea what the foul count was, but he stopped the game far too often. Very much a 'look at me, it's all me' sort.
Conned repeatedly by shameless Ross Co simulation and crucially, missed a foul on Wotherspoon that led to the 3rd goal.

A trumpet.

Piqué
21-10-2012, 07:38 PM
So many soft free kicks given. Frustrating to watch.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2012, 09:16 PM
If you were the home side then you were happy but if you were the away side, you were not.We will get days like that as well when we are at Easter Road. I did think that he often blew up for fouls when neither side were claiming for anything, which doesn't achieve anything else but stopping the game. The foul that was the start of County's third game, just undermined his own abilities because he had two more or less identical situations to deal with in the space of 30 seconds and gave two different answers. That said, it ended up as no more than a bread and butter hump up the park that should have been dealt with.

CMac1988
21-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Thought the ref had a poor game to be honest.

Far too many needless free kicks for nothing as the previous posters have allouded to.

The foul on Wotherspoon that went unnoticed before they got a free kick was rediculous.

Also at the time I could've sworn that we managed to give away a foul for almost every corner we had.

Having said all this though our defending from long balls and set pieces was criminal and cost us the game long before the ref.

Hopefully this gets nipped in the bud soon as it begining to happen far too often. I can almost imagine this is what Derek Adams was reffering to as one of our weaknesses.

Northern Hibby
21-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I was wright then or is it green glasses all round :-)

Northern Hibby
27-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Thought I'd better just mention that I thought the Ref was a wee bit biased last night in OUR favour

SaulGoodman
27-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Thought I'd better just mention that I thought the Ref was a wee bit biased last night in OUR favour

Wouldn't say the referee, was biased last night. But would agree he gave some poor decisions in our favour :agree:

cad
27-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Terrible display by the ref , wouldnt expect him to be given an SPL game for a while that was a shocker .
Hibs have had an awful lot of bad calls over the years, last night we got it back in spades,what goes around comes to around ,so expect it to catch up with us around the time we play The Unwashed and The ****