PDA

View Full Version : Derek Adams - Disrespectful

woodythehibee
21-10-2012, 10:45 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-midfielder-david-wotherspoon-says-1390903

The man can't even win with a bit of dignity, poor from him.

Tam McManus put this on his twitter today regarding the article and Adams' words:

Tam McManus‏@the_tman10

Just read Derek Adams comments in the Sunday Mail at least he's not bitter.Incredible I'm all for backing your own team but v disrespectful.

No wonder he is incredibly disliked in football circles.

Interesting.

Wotherspiniesta
21-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Aye, whatever Derek. Just a bitter man that you had to take a step down in your career because you weren't, and will never be, good enough to manage a club like Hibernian FC.

Better players? Do me a favour.

bingo70
21-10-2012, 10:50 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-midfielder-david-wotherspoon-says-1390903

Tam McManus put this on his twitter today regarding the article and Adams' words:

Interesting.

I think it was disrespectful comments, i'd expect him to be saying that to his players behind closed doors but to come out publicly and say they've got better players than us is bang out of order especially when the league table will tell you that he's wrong.

Hopefully it helps motivate the hibs players for future games though.

H18sry
21-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I think it was disrespectful comments, i'd expect him to be saying that to his players behind closed doors but to come out publicly and say they've got better players than us is bang out of order especially when the league table will tell you that he's wrong.

Hopefully it helps motivate the hibs players for future games though.

On the basis of yesterdays result, his players were better than ours unfortunately.

bingo70
21-10-2012, 10:56 AM
On the basis of yesterdays result, his players were better than ours unfortunately.

The league table never lies :wink:

On the basis of yesterday they maybe played better but that doesn't make them better players

LeighLoyal
21-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Adams can certainly blow his own trumpet. 'We knew we had better players' Don't think so, pal!

matty_f
21-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Hope Fenlon reminds him of these comments at the end of the season when we finish above them.

bingo70
21-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Hope Fenlon reminds him of these comments at the end of the season when we finish above them.

:agree:

Strange Quote from Adams as it's only going to motivate the hibs players for future games against them.

Thing is if he actually believed that he wouldn't have felt the need to come out with it, he wouldn't have said that if they'd just beat a 3rd division team (not sevco) in the Scottish cup for example.

On a sidenote though if Fenlon had said something like that after we beat Dundee i'd have thought he would have sounded like a right fanny, even if strictly speaking what he said was true.

Diclonius
21-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Hope we batter the **** out of them at Easter Road.

ALF TUPPER
21-10-2012, 11:25 AM
No class Adams. Cant wait till you come to Easter Road. Hopefully your newspaper quotes will appear in our dressing room. In fact I'm going to make this happen you sanctmonious little turd .

PeterboroHibee
21-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Daft comments by Adams. Anyone can win on the day but if their players are so superior to ours, why are they 4 points behind us, have a negative goal difference and have conceded 10 goals in their last 3 games? We had a massive cock up for the second goal and the winner wasnt much better. We also had chances to win the game, so its ridiculous for him to make out like they were such deserving winners.

Hainan Hibs
21-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I'd be embarassed if a Hibs manager came out with comments to the press like that.

Greendub
21-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Oh well then Derek, lets see how superior your team are at Easter Road eh chief?

Total bawbag

hfc rd
21-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Just read his comments and I thought I was reading Kenny Shiels' post match comments. "We have the better players"??? Yeah so players like Tokely, Munro, Scott, McMenniman are much better than McGivern, McPake, Claros, Griffiths etc. What's going to be the next stupid comment from this idiot? "I'm good enough to manage the current top three teams in the EPL down south."

RickyS
21-10-2012, 12:15 PM

Interesting.

that crap makes me angry, if i saw him in the street i wid knock the twat out:greengrin

Pretty Boy
21-10-2012, 12:25 PM
The guy always has been and always will be a total fud.

His mouths got him into bother before and he would do well to remember Hibs invested a lot of time, and possibly money, helping him get out of it.

lord bunberry
21-10-2012, 12:27 PM
For me his comments sound like they are coming from a man under pressure trying to convince himself and his board that he's doing a good job he sounds a bit like potter

The Green Goblin
21-10-2012, 12:30 PM
For me his comments sound like they are coming from a man under pressure trying to convince himself and his board that he's doing a good job he sounds a bit like potter

What do you mean by that? Everyone can see the Scotland team is making progress... :greengrin

Makaveli
21-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Derek who?

frazeHFC
21-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Why let these comments annoy us? Read the article to the players and let it be even more motivation to prove themselves and finish high in the table.

bingo70
21-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Why let these comments annoy us? Read the article to the players and let it be even more motivation to prove themselves and finish high in the table.

Unfortunately i don't know any players so debating the comments on here is the best i can do :wink:

Hibercelona
21-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Do people honestly believe that this pish will motivate the players to play better next time against them?

Jones28
21-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Talk about sour grapes!

Ozyhibby
21-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Can't believe we are getting so worked up over it. They won the match. To the victor the spoils and all that. We just have to suck it up and make sure it doesn't happen next time. We can start by giving defending a try.

Franck Stanton
21-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Derek Adams = Bellend. What a twat. There is no need to be spouting this rubbish, none what-so-ever. Just shows what a spiteful , arrogant wee turd he is. Better players my arse.

sahib
21-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Can't believe we are getting so worked up over it. They won the match. To the victor the spoils and all that. We just have to suck it up and make sure it doesn't happen next time. We can start by giving defending a try.

To tell the truth I prefer the opposition's true feelings to be aired. When everyone says how much improved we are and what a great job Pat Fenlons doing etc - I dont trust them. You know they are expecting us to implode at any moment and history ( if you know yours ) is on their side.

HTD1875
21-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Hopefully give them a doing at Easter road, highland league team for god sake anyone can win a one off game the league table doesn't lie though.

marinello59
21-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Hopefully give them a doing at Easter road, highland league team for god sake anyone can win a one off game the league table doesn't lie though.

That's the disrespectful **** told. :greengrin

Famous5forever
21-10-2012, 05:05 PM
The guy always has been and always will be a total fud.

His mouths got him into bother before and he would do well to remember Hibs invested a lot of time, and possibly money, helping him get out of it.

DA was brought in by RP in the vain hope that him and CC Would be our dream team even BB Had more of a clue than these 2 numpties.

weonlywon6-2
21-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Do people honestly believe that this pish will motivate the players to play better next time against them?

not sure too many will be bothered..............till the next time we play them :thumbsup:

shagpile
21-10-2012, 05:42 PM
DA was brought in by RP in the vain hope that him and CC Would be our dream team even BB Had more of a clue than these 2 numpties.

Not the case.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-10-2012, 05:59 PM
He has the right to say what he wants about his own team but surely these comments are two days late? To say that you know that you are going to win, is a Saturday morning comment?

IWasThere2016
21-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Odd little gimp.

Bishop Hibee
21-10-2012, 08:28 PM
He "knew" we'd gift his team 3 goals :confused: Can he tell us what next week's lottery numbers are? Eejit who brought nothing to Hibs in his time at ER.

CmoantheHibs
22-10-2012, 08:53 AM
They have had an "excellent start" to the campaign, have just beaten us and yet still lie 4 points behind us.I dont think he actually believes the crap he is spouting.Seems to be the words of someone that is a bit bitter towards us.Disrespectful but who really cares what the insignificant little toad spouts.

johnrebus
22-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Dearie me.....,

What a precious little lot we are.

Opposing manager bigs up his team when they gub us and we get all hot and bothered about it?

Like it or not, Adams is a good manager, the fact that he has taken a club like Ross County into the SPL proves that.

And maybe, just maybe, he has good reason to be bitter towards us.

Anyway, I'm more concerned with our defensive frailities than bothered about what Derek Adams says.

:rolleyes:

JimBHibees
22-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Dearie me.....,

Opposing manager bigs up his team when they gub us and we get all hot and bothered about it?

Like it or not, Adams is a good manager, the fact that he has taken a club like Ross County into the SPL proves that.

Anyway, I'm more concerned with our defensive frailities than bothered about what Derek Adams says.

He has proven he is a decent manager getting Ross County to the Scottish cup final and also running away with the First division last season however some of his comments are obnoxious in the extreme and unecessary IMO. If his team were so much better than Hibs why did it take until the 87th minute to score the winner.

Pretty Boy
22-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Dearie me.....,

I mentioned it earlier but its worth saying again.

When Derek Adams arrived at ER he had all kinds of disciplinary issues hanging over him, a 14 game touchline ban springs mind.

Hibs devoted a hell of a lot of time to helping him appeal decisions and answer other charges. Whilst obviously it became Hibs issue, we were essentially helping him with problems that had occurred before he was our responsibility. Amanda Jones certainly earned her money when she got a few games knocked off his ban.

Now maybe Adams is bitter about how things ended up for him at Hibs but a little bit humility and gratitude for what we did do for him is surely bot to much to ask. He's supposed to be a good, forgiving Christian man after all.

Cabbage East
22-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Dearie me.....,

I don't think anyone is getting hot and bothered about it, I think they're merely pointing out that he's talking pish :confused:

NYHibby
22-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Speaking of Tam McManus, I did not know that he was playing for the Rochester Rhinos. The Rhinos used to play the team I worked for in America. Their jersey this year looks familar too.

http://uslpro.uslsoccer.com/imgs/Rochester-Antigua0703.jpg

Owain_1987
22-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Adams can certainly blow his own trumpet. 'We knew we had better players' Don't think so, pal!

Is that why they have two of our players who where deemed not good enough for the green of Hibs! Take a jump Derek I hope we hump you at Easter Road you manage a club in tiny remote town where you should stay!!! :pfgwa:pfgwa

Hibercelona
22-10-2012, 05:45 PM
If his team were so much better than Hibs why did it take until the 87th minute to score the winner.

Are you kidding?

Whats the timing of goals got to do with anything?

They won. They beat us fair and square. The timing of when goals are scored is completely irrelevant. Only the points matter and they took them all.

I don't like Adams or his big mouth, but he's obviously doing something right.

sleeping giant
22-10-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm with Rebus on this one.

What do folk want him to say ? " Wish i'd never left Hibs " ?

tamig
22-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Dearie me.....,

Couldn't agree more. Can't believe some of the reaction to his comments on this thread. Nothing like hearing your manager talk you up to fill you with confidence. The guy's just doing his job imo.

3pm
22-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I suppose it shouldn't surprise us we got beat. While we have improved, we're still not where we need to be.

Saying that, we'll beat them comfortably at ER unless the s***3 has hit the fan by then.

JimBHibees
23-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Are you kidding?

Whats the timing of goals got to do with anything?

They won. They beat us fair and square. The timing of when goals are scored is completely irrelevant. Only the points matter and they took them all.

I don't like Adams or his big mouth, but he's obviously doing something right.

The timing in that if they were so much better then they would have been well ahead before the late goal. Its not that difficult to follow surely.

McHibby
23-10-2012, 11:48 PM
This is a genuine question, is there a reason so many people on here (this thread, at least) dislike Adams so much? Living in England means I can sometimes be a bit out of the loop when it comes to non-Hibs stuff. I was wondering if I had missed something?

I don't think his comments are that bad. He comes over as a wee bit ungracious and arrogant, but meh. I am sure we'll have worse said about us over the course of the season.