PDA

View Full Version : The Swallowing Noises of Tom English

The Green Goblin
19-10-2012, 09:08 PM
I really like Tom English's articles and his voice has been a bit of a breath of fresh air on the Radio Scotland football shows...he talks a lot of sense and tells it as it is, but...

He makes these weird "swallowing noises" when he pauses mid-sentence when he is talking that just does ma nut in. It actually makes me physically cringe every time he does it. Is it just me? :greengrin

Are there habits that radio journos do that annoy you a lot more than they rationally should? Chick Young's stuttering? Richard Gordon's habit of slowing down towards the end of a sentence because...he...is....,listening......to.......the. .......producer......,,.in his ear?

What radio pundits' sounds and styles and habits annoy you the most?

GG

green glory
19-10-2012, 09:13 PM
I really like Tom English's articles and his voice has been a bit of a breath of fresh air on the Radio Scotland football shows...he talks a lot of sense and tells it as it is, but...

He makes these weird "swallowing noises" when he pauses mid-sentence when he is talking that just does ma nut in. It actually makes me physically cringe every time he does it. Is it just me? :greengrin

Are there habits that radio journos do that annoy you a lot more than they rationally should? Chick Young's stuttering? Richard Gordon's habit of slowing down towards the end of a sentence because...he...is....,listening......to.......the. .......producer......,,.in his ear?

What radio pundits' sounds and styles and habits annoy you the most?

GG

Jim Traynor's habit of being a Hun ****.

ScottB
19-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Alan Preston sounding like and being Alan Preston.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-10-2012, 09:37 PM
"Eu não accredito" snr Meldrew-inho ;)

Pedantic_Hibee
20-10-2012, 04:49 AM
David 'gulp' Tanner is another one.

basehibby
20-10-2012, 10:05 AM
I know it's not punditry but I HATE it when the DJ blabs on without telling you what the record was he just played cos he just loves the sound of his own voice so much - drives me demented so it does :furious:

HibbyAndy
20-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Natalie ( With those come to bed eyes looking at the autocue) Sawyer.

Chibs
20-10-2012, 10:53 AM
On a radio...:cb

Hibercelona
20-10-2012, 10:57 AM

I wouldn't mind hearing her swallowing sounds. :drool:

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
20-10-2012, 11:01 AM

:hilarious :hilarious

:top marks

brianmc
20-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Cosgrove either guessing the last word his guest is going to say or repeating the last word they do say.
Every single sentence spoken by his studio guests are ruined in this manner. Twat.

Franck Stanton
20-10-2012, 01:38 PM
Alan Preston sounding like and being Alan Preston.

This. He is a total yambo fud who just has to breath to do ma nut in.:fenlon

soupy
20-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Brilliant :-)

FranckSuzy
20-10-2012, 02:48 PM
The whole team of pundits taking the pee when Hibs fans complain of bias against Hibs in their commentary :rolleyes:

Oh, and Billy Dodds inability to say situation :grr:

lord bunberry
20-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I really like john Collins but whenever he is talking i always get an urge to clear my throat