PDA

View Full Version : Hearts v Hibs (02/01/2013)

Ken
16-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know if the kick-off time has been agreed for the above game and if it's to be televised?

I notice from the official site that it's down as a 7.45pm kick off but wanted to know what the chances of this being changed. I'm guessing it's down as a 7.45pm kick off with it being on a Wednesday but wouldn't be suprised it this changes with it being a holiday for alot of people and the probablity of it being on tv.

Anyway, the reason I ask is that I will be in New York on the day of the game and the later the kick off the better, as with NY being 5 hours behind the kick off time there could be anything from 7am in the morning to 2.45pm.

Also does anyone know any bars near Times Square or in New York that shows UK 'soccer' games :greengrin?

Sorry for the million questions :blah:

Stevie Reid
16-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know if the kick-off time has been agreed for the above game and if it's to be televised?

I notice from the official site that it's down as a 7.45pm kick off but wanted to know what the chances of this being changed. I'm guessing it's down as a 7.45pm kick off with it being on a Wednesday but wouldn't be suprised it this changes with it being a holiday for alot of people and the probablity of it being on tv.

Anyway, the reason I ask is that I will be in New York on the day of the game and the later the kick off the better, as with NY being 5 hours behind the kick off time there could be anything from 7am in the morning to 2.45pm.

Also does anyone know any bars near Times Square or in New York that shows UK 'soccer' games :greengrin?

Don't know for sure yet, but will be amazed (and delighted) if it ends up kicking off at that time.

.Sean.
16-10-2012, 12:03 PM
It isn't a public holiday though, is it?

I'll be off and I'd like a later kick-off. 7:45 would be brilliant.

PatHead
16-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Can't see the police being happy at the chance for supporters to drink all day on a public holiday then go off to the match. When you consider their reasons for changing kick off times in the past there isn't a snowball in hells chance of an evening kick off.

Hiber-nation
16-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Not sure what the story is with this - both Hibs and hearts websites have it as 7:45 but the SPL website has it as a 3pm ko.

Sky's schedule for live games goes up to 2 January but its not included. As far as I can see from their crappy website ESPN's live schedule only goes up to 17 November.

Pretty Boy
16-10-2012, 12:10 PM

I'll be off and I'd like a later kick-off. 7:45 would be brilliant.

2nd January is a public and bank holiday in Scotland.

A late kick off would be far better imo, doubt it will happen though.

HH81
16-10-2012, 12:11 PM
2nd is not a bank holiday here so 7:45 would be good.

Whats chances of it been moved to the 1st?

Hibee87
16-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Am working on the 2nd and assumed it was a 3pm kick off.....meaning id miss my first derby in about 7 year.........but if its a 7:45 pm kick off :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
16-10-2012, 12:18 PM
The corteo when it's dark will be amazing! Hope it stays late kick-off, and hope we sell out this time with a better team on the park. :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
16-10-2012, 12:30 PM
It will be 3pm or before.

Saorsa
16-10-2012, 12:36 PM
The corteo when it's dark will be amazing! Hope it stays late kick-off, and hope we sell out this time with a better team on the park. :thumbsup:What songs will you be singing and drumming on the way there :wink:

.Sean.
16-10-2012, 12:36 PM
The corteo when it's dark will be amazing! Hope it stays late kick-off, and hope we sell out this time with a better team on the park. :thumbsup:
And hopefully those of us who bother our ***** going to Tynecastle even when we're playing **** get a ticket before those that don't. We'll sell this one out.

monktonharp
16-10-2012, 01:50 PM

I'll be off and I'd like a later kick-off. 7:45 would be brilliant.It Is a public holiday. in fact, it is a National Holiday, has been for a long ,long time in SCOTLAND.

monktonharp
16-10-2012, 01:54 PM

Whats chances of it been moved to the 1st? 2nd of January is a National Holiday.............in Scotland, and anyone who allows their employer to steamroller them into working, needs their heid looked, unless they are offered treble time,or self employed.

HH81
16-10-2012, 01:55 PM
2nd of January is a National Holiday.............in Scotland, and anyone who allows their employer to steamroller them into working, needs their heid looked, unless they are offered treble time,or self employed.

No the case in England though.

dangermouse
16-10-2012, 02:10 PM
If you work in certain areas of the bank it's NOT a holiday

LancashireHibby
16-10-2012, 02:17 PM
"Matt,

Currently this match is scheduled for a 3pm kick-off on the Saturday 2nd January 2012 – the agency who administer this part of our website have listed the incorrect details and have been asked to amend this.

The TV selection from for matches 15/16 December 2012 going forward have still to be confirmed and obviously this could have a bearing on the date and time the match will be played.

If you trying to make arrangements to attend this match my suggestion would be to hold of until after the TV arrangements for this round of matches have been announced.

Kind regards
Garry"

That's the e-mail I got from Garry O'Hagan when I got in touch with him last week about the Hearts game.

YehButNoBut
16-10-2012, 02:28 PM

Plenty to choose from is it going to be on Sky or ESPN would imagine you'll have a better chance if it's Sky :greengrin

http://www.firsttouchonline.com/soccer-pubs-nyc/

http://www.livesoccertv.com/pubs/new-york/

silverhibee
16-10-2012, 02:40 PM
What songs will you be singing and drumming on the way there :wink:

:faf:

Rudi.

Merger.

He's deid.

6 feet.

Drummer knows the beat to these ones. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
16-10-2012, 02:41 PM
And hopefully those of us who bother our ***** going to Tynecastle even when we're playing **** get a ticket before those that don't. We'll sell this one out.

Pish when there is no comps Sean. :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
16-10-2012, 02:45 PM
"Matt,

Currently this match is scheduled for a 3pm kick-off on the Saturday 2nd January 2012 – the agency who administer this part of our website have listed the incorrect details and have been asked to amend this.

The TV selection from for matches 15/16 December 2012 going forward have still to be confirmed and obviously this could have a bearing on the date and time the match will be played.

If you trying to make arrangements to attend this match my suggestion would be to hold of until after the TV arrangements for this round of matches have been announced.

Kind regards
Garry"

That's the e-mail I got from Garry O'Hagan when I got in touch with him last week about the Hearts game.

nice you got a reply but the game is on a Weds and its in 2013, this has cleared it up big time

LancashireHibby
16-10-2012, 04:04 PM
nice you got a reply but the game is on a Weds and its in 2013, this has cleared it up big time
:greengrin Hadn't spotted that! It's a genuine reply last week anyway from the Hibs club secretary.

Mon Dieu4
16-10-2012, 04:12 PM
:greengrin Hadn't spotted that! It's a genuine reply last week anyway from the Hibs club secretary.

i have no doubt at all it is genuine, just like how they have added to the confusion haha

Iggy Pope
16-10-2012, 08:52 PM

Whats chances of it been moved to the 1st?

To be encouraged even if only for the enormous polis bill they won't pay!