PDA

View Full Version : Murray v Djokovic Shanghai Final

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2012, 09:34 AM
6 breaks of serve in the first 8 games, yet another great match between these two.

Match still on serve at 4-4.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Murray takes set 1 7-5

Pretty Boy
14-10-2012, 10:08 AM
6 breaks of serve in the first 8 games, yet another great match between these two.

Match still on serve at 4-4.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I read yesterday that Murray is statistically the best returner of the last 20 years.

Incredible stat if true.

Biggie
14-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Murray's probably the number 1 in the world at the moment....I think he's moved from hoping to compete/beat them, to knowing he has the measure of them...ESP federer. Djokovisc is next....oh nice, another break...

DarrenSQH
14-10-2012, 10:32 AM
He has looked excellent so far. Hope be sees it out.

Pretty Boy
14-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Murray's probably the number 1 in the world at the moment....I think he's moved from hoping to compete/beat them, to knowing he has the measure of them...ESP federer. Djokovisc is next....oh nice, another break...

With Nadals knees still bothering him, Djokovic no longer unbeatable and Federer coming to the end of an Indian summer I think Murray has a real chance to get a few big titles in the bag in the next couple of years.

Biggie
14-10-2012, 10:45 AM
With Nadals knees still bothering him, Djokovic no longer unbeatable and Federer coming to the end of an Indian summer I think Murray has a real chance to get a few big titles in the bag in the next couple of years.
Agree...Jesus, that was some last game there...

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2012, 10:47 AM
i must be a bogey, only started watching this game and murray is p@sh :(

Biggie
14-10-2012, 10:50 AM
i must be a bogey, only started watching this game and murray is p@sh :(

Right, switch over, cos its going belly up now !...I'll tell you when you can switch back :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Right, switch over, cos its going belly up now !...I'll tell you when you can switch back :wink:

naw, i'm in it for the long haul now :greengrin

Biggie
14-10-2012, 11:04 AM
**** me, what defence

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2012, 11:07 AM
whatever the final outcome here, i always find it incredibly frustrating watching murray

Biggie
14-10-2012, 11:12 AM
whatever the final outcome here, i always find it incredibly frustrating watching murray
Yeah, it's rarely straightforward....bloody ups and downs....this will be sore one if he loses now.

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2012, 11:16 AM
dearie me

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2012, 11:18 AM
no wonder murray carrys 30 rackets in his bag for each game

Biggie
14-10-2012, 11:20 AM
dearie me

Right, that's me switching over.....:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2012, 11:21 AM
Djokovic wins set 2 on the tie break.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Not sure how he managed to lose that match! Oh well, at least Heather Watson won!

Biggie
14-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Bollocks, that's a bar steward of a result...two tournaments on the bounce that have slipped from his grasp....match points in both where he's not closed it out....i'm sure he'll be raging at that, but he'll get his head straight and into the biggie at the end of year in London.

Sir David Gray
14-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Didn't catch any of the match today as I was working. :boo hoo:

I followed the text updates on the BBC website though and it was looking so good for him during the second set.

It was always going to be an uphill battle though once he lost the second set after having five match points and Djokovic wasn't going to allow a match against Murray to slip away from him twice in a row.

I saw a bit of the highlights on Sky earlier on when I got in and some of the shot making from the two of them was just absolutely incredible.

When men's tennis is played at that level, I really don't believe that there is a better sport out there.

With the two of them just 25 years old, there's hopefully going to be some crackers between the pair of them for many years to come.

Hopefully Rafael Nadal will come back in 2013 fit and healthy and we can have the top four all pushing each other once again. There's no doubt at all that tennis has really missed his presence over the past four months and I just hope we can enjoy watching him again in the very near future as he is one of the greatest champions, not just in tennis but within sport in general.

Although it was disappointment for Murray today, a huge well done has to go to Heather Watson who has become the first British woman to win a WTA singles event for almost a quarter of a century with victory at the Japan Open today.

Fantastic achievement for her and hopefully she and Laura Robson can push each other and achieve great things in the women's game over the next few years.