PDA

View Full Version : Famous hibbys.

Sparky9
09-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Anyone know famous hibbys? I know the boy off garry tank commander is one. Any others??

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Which Boy ?

Sparky9
09-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Which Boy ?
Garry, He was born and raised in leith. ST holder and Went to St. Thomas's of aquins.

Hibernia&Alba
09-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Proclaimers
John Leslie
Andy Murray
Irvine Welsh

Are all Hibs fans

Dumfrieshibs
09-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Billy McElhaney who plays Jimmy in River City is a Hibby.....worked with Billy mega years ago when he worked part time at the Kings Manor as a barman . Cracking bloke and was Hibs daft !!

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Garry, He was born and raised in leith. ST holder and Went to St. Thomas's of aquins.

Thought he was a Morningside Lad, Did not know he was a Season Ticket Holder
:agree:

cocopops1875
09-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Dave Baxter - Goalkeeper Glove Guru :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
09-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Dougray Scott

Golden Bear
09-10-2012, 06:39 PM
Billy McElhaney who plays Jimmy in River City is a Hibby.....worked with Billy mega years ago when he worked part time at the Kings Manor as a barman . Cracking bloke and was Hibs daft !!

I'm sure I saw him in the lower West a couple of games back.

Golden Bear
09-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Bernard Gallagher - ex Ryder Cup captain.

FranckSuzy
09-10-2012, 06:44 PM

:agree: met him at the Hands Off Hibs anniversary bash at the Usher Hall. Good lad.

YehButNoBut
09-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Used to see Fish at a lot of the games.

The Marillion singer Derek Dick that is, not the thing that goes with chips. :greengrin

Dumfrieshibs
09-10-2012, 06:58 PM
:agree: met him at the Hands Off Hibs anniversary bash at the Usher Hall. Good lad.

One of the funniest and most genuine people I have ever met.......Billy , if you are a .net user then please PM me...... Purv

EH6 Hibby
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Sean Hughes the comedian is a Hibs fan.

Paisley Hibby
09-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Anyone know famous hibbys? I know the boy off garry tank commander is one. Any others??

Hey Sparky9 - don't you know that the Yams think it's a hoot that we Hobos are always going on about all the famous fans we've got? During the summer they started a whole thing with photos of famous people doing a 5-1 with their hands. At the moment there's probably a Yam or two reading this thread and about to to go back to Brokeback to have a giggle about us Hobos having yet another thread about all our famous fans. And by the way, if you are a Yam reading this then you can **** off.

Edinburgh Green
09-10-2012, 07:11 PM

Really? Isn't he from London?

Hibernia&Alba
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
What about this Robert de Nero story? Is Bobby a Hibs fan?

Hibernia&Alba
09-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey Sparky9 - don't you know that the Yams think it's a hoot that we Hobos are always going on about all the famous fans we've got? During the summer they started a whole thing with photos of famous people doing a 5-1 with their hands. At the moment there's probably a Yam or two reading this thread and about to to go back to Brokeback to have a giggle about us Hobos having yet another thread about all our famous fans. And by the way, if you are a Yam reading this then you can **** off.

Who did they manage to get photos of doing 5-1 gestures? Alex Salmond and Stephen Hendry :greengrin

Onceinawhile
09-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Andrew Maxwell the Irish comedian is a Hibs fan. He used to do a bit about being at a Hibs vs rangers game. It's on youtube somewhere.

EH6 Hibby
09-10-2012, 07:28 PM

No idea, he's originally from Ireland, don't know where he lives, but he's definitely a Hibby. Seem him at a few games and spoke to him in the dockers a few times before games.

Paisley Hibby
09-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Who did they manage to get photos of doing 5-1 gestures? Alex Salmond and Stephen Hendry :greengrin

The one I saw (on Hibs Net) was of David Hasselhoff :greengrin Which is probably the average Yam's idea of a classy celebrity.

Hibernia&Alba
09-10-2012, 07:31 PM
The one I saw (on Hibs Net) was of David Hasselhoff :greengrin Which is probably the average Yam's idea of a classy celebrity.

David Hasselhoff is a Yam. How apt - naff and talentless :thumbsup:

johnbc70
10-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Thought he was a Morningside Lad, Did not know he was a Season Ticket Holder
:agree:

He is from Morningside, well more Comiston and Braids. I was mates with his big brother and would never have thought Greg who was probably 8 or 9 would be an actor and comedian, was a quiet lad. As far as I know he has no big interest in football but years since I last saw him.

Sodje_18
10-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Dave Baxter - Goalkeeper Glove Guru :thumbsup:
Is that the fella who works for sondico? I hear they're attempting to make a big comeback to the market so it would explain why Stacky changed his Sells to Sondico last season and why Williams has appeared to drop his sponsorship with react :agree:

Hibbyradge
11-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Vladimir Romanov :wink:

Allant1981
11-10-2012, 06:35 PM
ET is a hibby

Pete
12-10-2012, 01:35 AM

Craig Thomson.

And I'm sure Jimmy Saville wouldn't take much encouragement if he were alive.

cocopops1875
12-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Is that the fella who works for sondico? I hear they're attempting to make a big comeback to the market so it would explain why Stacky changed his Sells to Sondico last season and why Williams has appeared to drop his sponsorship with react :agree:

The very man he was credited with many of the things that made Sells so good and worked with Uhlsport amongst others, and yes Sondico are back and looking great ( pretty expensive though for a First premium line of the relaunch ) but certainly a huge player in that industry and one of our own

Holmesdale Hibs
16-10-2012, 03:29 PM
I've heard Shirley Manson is a Hibs fan, can't guarantee it's true though.

Jamie Murray is a Hibs fan as well.

Biff Tannen
19-10-2012, 12:42 PM
He is from Morningside, well more Comiston and Braids. I was mates with his big brother and would never have thought Greg who was probably 8 or 9 would be an actor and comedian, was a quiet lad. As far as I know he has no big interest in football but years since I last saw him.

I was pals with him in school and hes no feel leit or morningside. He was brought up just down from the commy at priestfield.

He played when he was younger but never ever had an interest in Hibs...dunno where Sparky9 was getting his info!!!!!! Leith?? Aye right!!

iwasthere1972
22-10-2012, 11:41 PM

Saw him at a couple of games with some of his mates. Think it was during the Edinburgh Festival.

Once at Easter Road when we played Aberdeen. 3-1 down and came back to draw 3-3. Another time was through at Motherwell when we won 3-1 a couple of seasons ago.

johnbc70
23-10-2012, 11:53 AM
I was pals with him in school and hes no feel leit or morningside. He was brought up just down from the commy at priestfield.

He played when he was younger but never ever had an interest in Hibs...dunno where Sparky9 was getting his info!!!!!! Leith?? Aye right!!
Before he lived in Preistfield his family lived in Comiston.