PDA

View Full Version : The deep web/dark net

R'Albin
08-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Anyone heard of this? Pretty scary stuff. I'd type some sort of an explanation but I think all that you need to know about it is on here.

http://thebotnet.com/guides-and-tutorials/49828-how-to-access-the-hidden-wiki/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xlGTqXf0o&feature=related

Been freaked out for hours since learning about this. There are some messed up folks in the world.

deeks01
08-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Anyone heard of this? Pretty scary stuff. I'd type some sort of an explanation but I think all that you need to know about it is on here.

http://thebotnet.com/guides-and-tutorials/49828-how-to-access-the-hidden-wiki/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xlGTqXf0o&feature=related

Been freaked out for hours since learning about this. There are some messed up folks in the world.

Can't read it properly as the screen on my phone is too small! Will check it out on my laptop in a short while. But seriously though from what I could make out before I gave up squinting at the screen like a loon , is there seriously a site called 'black market reloaded' that sells guns and terrorist handbooks and stuff? I mean seriously what are security services busy doing all day playing ker-****ing-plunk?!! Surely to god they could shut down such an obvious site and trace the people selling this stuff? They're quite good at tracing people via the internet when they want to be , why not with this?

Of course I could be being an utter plank and picking it up wrong since I could only make out pictures and the banner at the top left so feel free to correct me. I'll know when I put my laptop on tonight or in the morning but that's just the vague impression I'm left with. Still scary that you can apparently buy this kind of stuff online though!

Future17
09-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I haven't read it but the security services let a number of sites, to which they have complete access, operate in order to track the activities of those on their watch lists and identify individuals not already on said lists.

Dinkydoo
09-10-2012, 06:13 PM
This is what happens when you provide that level of anonymity; good and bad people will use it for their own purposes - and in many cases the 'bad' have more of a requirement to protect their identity and location.

VickMackie
09-10-2012, 06:59 PM
How can it be truly anonymous when you're still connected to an ISP?

Also, contract killers for 20k. Half now, half later. Yeah, I'll give someone who I have no chance of tracking 10k. If its truly anonymous then why would you pay the other 10k?

I get the impression that it's full of BS.

No doubt there's probably some use of being anonymous online.

I wouldn't mind taking a look to see if there's any insider trading info but if there is you'd probably pay a lot.

There's still going to be some money trail when you buy the bit coins.

All a bit bizarre.

Dinkydoo
09-10-2012, 09:27 PM

Also, contract killers for 20k. Half now, half later. Yeah, I'll give someone who I have no chance of tracking 10k. If its truly anonymous then why would you pay the other 10k?

I wouldn't mind taking a look to see if there's any insider trading info but if there is you'd probably pay a lot.

All a bit bizarre.

It's not 'completely anonymous', though for the most part, your online activity is very difficult to monitor through tor.

Not entirely convinced about the video myself, to be honest. But the 'deep web' and the usefulness of tor is real, and if you look hard enough you will be able to find some pretty disturbing (usually illegal) stuff.

deeks01
09-10-2012, 09:53 PM
I haven't read it but the security services let a number of sites, to which they have complete access, operate in order to track the activities of those on their watch lists and identify individuals not already on said lists.

I suppose that's logical , better to keep them where you know you can keep an eye on them and know their systems rather than have them move to a new site that might take you a while to find and start using different systems etc. Still (if genuine) the thought that some nutcase could stumble onto this and end up with an AK47 assault rifle is extremely disturbing.

All a bit bizarre.

Aye I found a lot of it a bit "bizzare" and I'm not sure just how genuine most of it is however the hitman business must be complete BS. I mean say I'm a hitman and someone gives me 10k but they've no way of knowing who I am or how to get hold of me and they can't very well go to the police or trading standards so why would I go ahead and murder the target , risking spending the rest of my life in the big hoose? Or say I'm the one hiring the hitman - once I've paid the 10k in the unlikely event they killed said person why would I give them another 10k? They don't know who I am , where I live or have any way to get hold of me. Doesn't work on so many different levels.

The "experiments" part I also struggle to believe but that's a whole new topic and I've had a long day so won't risk going into it for fear of sparking a debate that keeps me online and away from my much needed sleep.

Thanks to the OP though found parts of it very interesting if a bit disturbing. Think everyone would realise there is some very dark stuff out there on the web to cater for some of the sick and twisted people out there. Just that no decent person is inclined to go looking for it so this was rather enlightening in a way.

Haymaker
11-10-2012, 05:43 AM
The Internet is very strange. I know of people who route themselves through several countries (dont ask me details, I dont understand). There is a whole internet world out there that most of us will never see or know. What they can get up to is possibly scary but also probably bull****.

Speedy
11-10-2012, 09:03 AM

All a bit bizarre.

If you were the hitman, why would you kill them?
10k is 10k, and if your line of work is assassinating people then you're going to be pretty good at covering your tracks . It's not like the same level of risk that joe bloggs off the street would take.

Why would I pay?
The guy has just killed someone and while it is annonymous to most, it's not annonymous to those with the right tools and skillset. You can guarantee I'd pay rather than having that hang over me for life.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2012, 03:21 PM
I'll do it for £5k now, £5k later. :wink:

nonshinyfinish
11-10-2012, 08:53 PM
I'll do it for £5k now, £5k later. :wink:

Allan Preston. Don't make it too quick.

Hermit Crab
26-10-2012, 07:38 AM
Some really strange things on that.