PDA

View Full Version : So....Hibs v Dundee...who's coming ?

Hibby Gav
05-10-2012, 01:46 PM
It's Sevco Saturday

Any people coming home this saturday who haven't been this season yet?
Lets fill ER and bring as many people as possible...

GGTTH

:flag:

marinello59
05-10-2012, 01:49 PM
This is a great game to show the Hun hordes the SPL doesn't need them. All we have to do is go along and support OUR team .
:hibees

Thecat23
05-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Correct.. I hope it's a good crowd and show the SPL is thriving without them.

Chuck Rhoades
05-10-2012, 01:55 PM
Will be under 10,000 I feel. Club missed a trick by not promoting this game in all ways possible.

Hibby Gav
05-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Will be under 10,000 I feel. Club missed a trick by not promoting this game in all ways possible.

Strange...stadium ammouncer mentioned it a few times at the ICT game, then nothing until PF mentions it again in the Evening News last night...I haven't seen any other promotions other than on the Fishy site....
looks like it's up to us then !

:pfgwa

HibeeN
05-10-2012, 02:00 PM

I sort of agree. It would have been a good idea for the club to remind the fans that this is the 'would-be Rangers' game to encourage fans to get along and support that fact that Hibs did the right thing in voting against their entry into the SPL. But at the same time, I really think it's the fans job to turn up and support the club tomorrow - the club did what we wanted, so we should be backing them now by turning up in numbers. I think it falls more on the fans than the club.

PatHead
05-10-2012, 02:16 PM
I was thinking about this just before I came on Hibs.net. Tomorrow is the day when all these supporters who said they would never come back if "Rangers" got off scot free have to attend. Even if it is only for one day.

There can't be any excuses or they are hipocrites of the highest order. If they can't make it the least they can do is send a cheque to Hibs for the gate money. Hibs stood up and were counted now is the time for supporters to do the same. Put your money where your mouth is.

Before anyone calls me an uberfan or the likes I wouldn't demand this from supporters if it were not for the exceptional circumstances. Tomorrow is the day when the board will find out the cost of not backing "Rangers". Don't let them down. Best of all be there and enjoy yourself watching and cheering Hibs on to victory.

GGTTH

Chuck Rhoades
05-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Exactly, the club should have been driving this by stating that theyhave been hit by not hosting Oldco twice a season and the financial implications this has caused. Then marketing for a sell-out to make up this loss.

Chuck Rhoades
05-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I was thinking about this just before I came on Hibs.net. Tomorrow is the day when all these supporters who said they would never come back if "Rangers" got off scot free have to attend. Even if it is only for one day.

There can't be any excuses or they are hipocrites of the highest order. If they can't make it the least they can do is send a cheque to Hibs for the gate money. Hibs stood up and were counted now is the time for supporters to do the same. Put your money where your mouth is.

Before anyone calls me an uberfan or the likes I wouldn't demand this from supporters if it were not for the exceptional circumstances. Tomorrow is the day when the board will find out the cost of not backing "Rangers". Don't let them down. Best of all be there and enjoy yourself watching and cheering Hibs on to victory.

Yet they still expect us to break the bank by signing quality players?

GGTTH

Exactly, but some people will always have an excuse whether it be, pricing, on TV, kick-off time, opposition, out of the country etc. The list is endless and some people will always find an excuse despite stating they would come back and help support our club during what would a difficult season for the books.

Yet they still expect Hibs to break the bank when it comes to the transfer window?

marinello59
05-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Exactly, the club should have been driving this by stating that theyhave been hit by not hosting Oldco twice a season and the financial implications this has caused. Then marketing for a sell-out to make up this loss.

Aye. Fan power is all well and good when we are demanding Rangers are punished but when it comes to honouring the promises made if the club do the right thing then it's up to the club to do more. Or something like that.:confused:

Chuck Rhoades
05-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Aye. Fan power is all well and good when we are demanding Rangers are punished but when it comes to honouring the promises made if the club do the right thing then it's up to the club to do more. Or something like that.:confused:

Not at all, it's up to those fans who made the promises to stand up and be counted. However, knowing our support, that was never going to happen. So I feel the club should have been pushing for it.

Apologies if the previous post came across the wrong way.

Lucius Apuleius
05-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Exactly, but some people will always have an excuse whether it be, pricing, on TV, kick-off time, opposition, out of the country etc. The list is endless and some people will always find an excuse despite stating they would come back and help support our club during what would a difficult season for the books.

Yet they still expect Hibs to break the bank when it comes to the transfer window?

Yes

No

PatHead
05-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Yes

No

These folk who are out of the country can still stick a cheque in the post to Hibs for tomorrow's gate fee. If you don't and Hibs continue to struggle financially you won't have the opportunity to bust the bank in the next season or two when we get to Hampden again.

As I said time to stand up and support the club for demanding "Rangers" get bumped.

marinello59
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Not at all, it's up to those fans who made the promises to stand up and be counted. However, knowing our support, that was never going to happen. So I feel the club should have been pushing for it.
Apologies if the previous post came across the wrong way.

They could have done much more. That they didn't is confusing, that's for sure.

Lucius Apuleius
05-10-2012, 03:18 PM
These folk who are out of the country can still stick a cheque in the post to Hibs for tomorrow's gate fee. If you don't and Hibs continue to struggle financially you won't have the opportunity to bust the bank in the next season or two when we get to Hampden again.

As I said time to stand up and support the club for demanding "Rangers" get bumped.

Would having bought a season ticket even though I will be lucky to make 4 games be enough?

marinello59
05-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Would having bought a season ticket even though I will be lucky to make 4 games be enough?

As long as you have also pledged 20% of your salary every month. :agree:

francobaresi
05-10-2012, 03:37 PM
First of the season for me and junior... Looking for a result and entertainment, all lacking last season...

Lucius Apuleius
05-10-2012, 03:41 PM
As long as you have also pledged 20% of your salary every month. :agree:

:shocked::take that:no way::grr::devil::greengrin

VickMackie
05-10-2012, 03:46 PM
I'll be there for the first time this season. No longer working a Saturday night.

muzzhfc
05-10-2012, 04:06 PM
just back from ER and got my ticket. First game of the season, Sect 43, row HH. Cant wait

LeighLoyal
05-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Shouldn't we have a big banner of a Zombie hun with "Sevco GTF" written under it? The most despicable excuse for a football club I know of. I hope they never come back. :fenlon

Anyway, I'll be there to support my club who have paid their taxes since 1875.

Chuck Rhoades
05-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Shouldn't we have a big banner of a Zombie hun with "Sevco GTF" written under it? The most despicable excuse for a football club I know of. I hope they never come back. :fenlon

Anyway, I'll be there to support my club who have paid their taxes since 1875.

One is just being finished as we speak.

whiskyhibby
05-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Not me unfortunately, off to Oban with friends for a meal in Seafood Temple!

FranckSuzy
05-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm nightshift all weekend but planning to head along tomorrow (sleep permitting :wink:) but before the uber fans round on me, I'm also a ST holder :greengrin

Onceinawhile
05-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Think we will manage to sneak over 10,000 as I'm sure Dundee will bring a bigger support than ict. Crowd was 9908 or 9809 so even 200 extra Dees would make a difference. Was surprised the club didn't put put a bit more comms pre game trying to increase the crowd though.

Piqué
05-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Made the trip today so I'll be there. Hopefully get one or two of my college pals down here persuaded as well.

hfc rd
05-10-2012, 07:11 PM
Currently on the Megabus heading to Edinburgh from Manchester to not only visit my parents but head along to ER to watch this game.

I know this might be a bit off topic but what is the best time to head to the ticket office to avoid queues and purchase a ticket for tomorrow?

Hibby 2005
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
The last two results, plus it's Dundee, will make a 10,000+ crowd hard to achieve.

monktonharp
05-10-2012, 08:00 PM

Yet they still expect Hibs to break the bank when it comes to the transfer window?out o' the country is a good excuse, especially if ye are, naw? or deid, that's defo a good excuse.no allowed in if yer deid,or not to my knowledge. some of the other excuses are quite relevant though, tv, times,days etc all of which are the fault of spl clubs,HFC et all. not making an excuse, but for tommorow's game, the fact that it is not on tv, and is on Saturday, at 3pm.................I will definately be there! unless I get run o'er wi a bus before ko.

monktonharp
05-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Would having bought a season ticket even though I will be lucky to make 4 games be enough?done that, so you've nae excuse:greengrin

english_hibee
05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
hoping to :-)

Will be bringing my little girl too, for her first game ever, so lets have a great atmosphere and an even better result eh?!!

:thumbsup:

english_hibee
05-10-2012, 08:21 PM
This is a great game to show the Hun hordes the SPL doesn't need them. All we have to do is go along and support OUR team .
:hibees

Totally agree, the Board listened to the fans in the sevco vote, and voted in the way the fans wanted, despite it not being best for the Club financially, and most SPL clubs did the same. Now the fans need to do their bit. We've been disappointed and let down over previous seasons, and its perfectly understandable that people have stayed away for the beginning of the season. Now PF has shown his hand, shown he is more than capable of the job, and the current squad is clearly passionate about the club, is reason enough to get back to ER and vocally show support. The disappointment in the teams' faces after a draw against ICT shows they feel they let themselves, and the fans down, by anything less than a win, whereas last seasons squad would have treated a draw as a victory........

GGTTH!!!

EdinMike
05-10-2012, 08:25 PM
i'm actually excited for tomorrow, almost like a Kid on xmas eve !!

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 05:06 AM
done that, so you've nae excuse:greengrin

:greengrin Yer right, what else can I do? (they are not getting 20% of my salary!!!!) I did actually think of telling the club to use my ticket for someone else or give it away for free on here but decided Nah, that would be doing the club out of £22.

Johnny0762
06-10-2012, 09:48 AM
3 of us leaving shortly. Mon the Hibees. :pfgwa

edinburghhibee
06-10-2012, 10:08 AM
4 us all ST holders though heading to BTG shortly

erin go bragh
06-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Taking the grandson [£12 is a bit steep for a 5y old ]

ggtth

tbfhibs
06-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Despite having a season ticket I've missed the last three, (work) managed to get today off so me and the wee man buzzing. Come on Hibs

Craig_in_Prague
06-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Taking the grandson [£12 is a bit steep for a 5y old ]

ggtth

wow. That is shocking!!
Should be free or nominal fee like 2 pound.

yeezus.
06-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Sorry folks, Stranraer play Queen of the South today.

matty_f
06-10-2012, 12:09 PM
******* roadworks and resulting traffic from Fife means i am missing the game. Not impressed.

hibee1875
06-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Just heading through from Glasgow. Will there be cash turnstiles?

The official site is crap for info such as this!

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 12:23 PM

?????? Course there will be cash turnstyles. Why not? Wee pods sell the tickets.

hibee1875
06-10-2012, 12:27 PM
?????? Course there will be cash turnstyles. Why not? Wee pods sell the tickets.

Calm down!!!!!!!

Didn't no of it was a case of having to go the ticket office window first or if I could physically hand over cash at the turnstiles.

Sorry über fan.

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Calm down!!!!!!!

Didn't no of it was a case of having to go the ticket office window first or if I could physically hand over cash at the turnstiles.

Sorry über fan.

*** all uberfan about it, wtf would it be all ticket against Dundee? At least think before posting. Not been able to hand over cash at the turnstyles for ages.

HibeeN
06-10-2012, 12:34 PM
******* roadworks and resulting traffic from Fife means i am missing the game. Not impressed.

Same problem. Sitting on bus just now, hope it gets there in time.

Future17
06-10-2012, 12:39 PM

Bit harsh from you on a thread aiming to encourage fans to go to games.

hibee1875
06-10-2012, 12:39 PM
*** all uberfan about it, wtf would it be all ticket against Dundee? At least think before posting. Not been able to hand over cash at the turnstyles for ages.

Did I say anywhere 'is it all ticket?'

I usually buy my tickets in advance but got a last min day off today. Sorry boss!

Simple question was asked. Out pops a knob. Good one.

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Bit harsh from you on a thread aiming to encourage fans to go to games.

Dont think so. Has he not got a phone? Stupid question IMO.

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Did I say anywhere 'is it all ticket?'

I usually buy my tickets in advance but got a last min day off today. Sorry boss!

Simple question was asked. Out pops a knob. Good one.

careful with the personal abuse son eh.

hibee1875
06-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Dont think so. Has he not got a phone? Stupid question IMO.

'she'

Grade A twat. Get over yourself ffs

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 12:44 PM
'she'

Grade A twat. Get over yourself ffs

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Definitely no lady then.

hibsmad
06-10-2012, 12:46 PM

Bloody stupid question!!!! You will now have to spend two hours detention after the match helping clear litter.

hibee1875
06-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Definitely no lady then.

Seriously don't understand what your issue is.

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Seriously don't understand what your issue is.

Good. Neither does my psychologist. Sorry if it came over prattish. I am an out of towner. As you might have read further up the thread I am lucky to get to 4 games a year. I just don't understand how anyone who goes to Hibs games would not be aware of where to get a ticket.

hibee1875
06-10-2012, 12:57 PM
You've got me... I'm a jambo!

This is the first time in the last 3 seasons (had a season ticket the 10 years before that) where I'm walking up to the ground without a ticket in my hand.

Get off your high horse.

Cheerio hibs.net. Seems you don't fit in here of you don't know the ins and outs of everything hibs related.

mcvie7
06-10-2012, 12:58 PM

Same!! Had to turn back there was no chance of making the game. Gutted!!!

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Calm down!!!!!!!

Sorry über fan.

i bet you regret asking that simple question now eh :rolleyes: jeezo

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 01:03 PM

This is the first time in the last 3 seasons (had a season ticket the 10 years before that) where I'm walking up to the ground without a ticket in my hand.

Get off your high horse.

Cheerio hibs.net. Seems you don't fit in here of you don't know the ins and outs of everything hibs related.

*** me I apologised what more do you want?

BroxburnHibee
06-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Get off your high horse.

Aye cheerio then :rolleyes:

Albanian Hibs
06-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Not that much of a crowd so far

matty_f
06-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Same problem. Sitting on bus just now, hope it gets there in time.

Decided to go for it. Missed the first half hour but glad i came.

Lucius Apuleius
06-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Decided to go for it. Missed the first half hour but glad i came.

Good man. Shows commitment!!!

VickMackie
06-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Made it to the game and brought the girlfriends wee one to her first game. If you heard continuous 'go hibs' shouts for the second half I apologise to your ears!