PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Burns

HibeeHendo
22-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Anyone else watch it? What a fantastic four rounds! I think he's more than capable of unifying the division now.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Awesome.

And he put it to bed early as well which is something I've criticised him for not doing in the past.

Just hope Frank Warren let's him have a defining fights against Brandon Rios and a chance to unify.

HibeeHendo
22-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Awesome.

And he put it to bed early as well which is something I've criticised him for not doing in the past.

Just hope Frank Warren let's him have a defining fights against Brandon Rios and a chance to unify.

I never thought he could punch with so much power as he did, moving up a weight has done him the world of good.

Rios would be a great fight but with Broner supposed to be fighting DeMarco next I think he should fight Vazquez and the the winners of each fight could possibly face off against each other.

I just hope he doesn't face Scott Harrison next. He should be chasing more titles!

Pretty Boy
22-09-2012, 11:58 PM
I never thought he could punch with so much power as he did, moving up a weight has done him the world of good.

Rios would be a great fight but with Broner supposed to be fighting DeMarco next I think he should fight Vazquez and the the winners of each fight could possibly face off against each other.

I just hope he doesn't face Scott Harrison next. He should be chasing more titles!

Fair points mate especially re Harrison.

Hearing a few whispers the plan may be a unification fight then targetting Khan at 140lbs. Ricky finding 135 a little bit tight.

Matty_Jack04
23-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Fair points mate especially re Harrison.

Hearing a few whispers the plan may be a unification fight then targetting Khan at 140lbs. Ricky finding 135 a little bit tight.

I thought burns looked massive last night compared to Mitchell I can quite believe he's struggling to make that weight

Pretty Boy
23-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I thought burns looked massive last night compared to Mitchell I can quite believe he's struggling to make that weight

Agreed.

He looked really gaunt at the weigh in and I have to admit I feared the worst, he must have rehydrated a stone at least overnight, he was huge. He's desperate to have a long career because he genuinely loves boxing so think a another step up must be a logical move, there's no point in killing himself to keep making 135 as that's not good for anybody.