PDA

View Full Version : Cash Gate

eebsie
13-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Can you pay cash at turnstile on Saturday or do you have to go buy a ticket at the "pod" first?
What is the thinking behind that?

Pretty Boy
13-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Pods or ticket office.

Think the reason is that a few of the people who were working the turnstiles were 'forgetting' to issue tickets when they let people through the gates and took their cash. The pods eliminate this as no ticket means no entry.

jgl07
14-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Pods or ticket office.

Think the reason is that a few of the people who were working the turnstiles were 'forgetting' to issue tickets when they let people through the gates and took their cash. The pods eliminate this as no ticket means no entry.

I am not convinced.

The turnstiles should be able to record how many go through so if this did not tally with the number of tickets issued and the cash collected it would be easy to identify.

The pods means that Hibs need to pay extra staff and the punters have to queue twice

I'm_cabbaged
14-09-2012, 05:38 AM
I am not convinced.

The turnstiles should be able to record how many go through so if this did not tally with the number of tickets issued and the cash collected it would be easy to identify.

The pods means that Hibs need to pay extra staff and the punters have to queue twice

what if the clicks on the turnstiles were right but everyone of them was a concession? ;)

Pretty Boy
14-09-2012, 06:58 AM
I am not convinced.

The people involved were certainly caught and dragged up to the Sheriff Court. It was in the papers a while back.

Whether the current set up is the answer is another matter.

tamig
14-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Can you pay cash at turnstile on Saturday or do you have to go buy a ticket at the "pod" first?

:violin:

eebsie
14-09-2012, 08:22 PM
:violin:

Should be making it as easy as possible for folk. Paying cash at the gate worked for decades.

scoopyboy
14-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Should be making it as easy as possible for folk. Paying cash at the gate worked for decades.

And for decades turnstile operators were at the fiddle costing the clubs a fortune.

SquashedFrogg
14-09-2012, 08:36 PM

How difficult is it to buy a ticket?

Seriously... If you walk up to the game with cash, what difference does it make who you give it to?

theeaststand
14-09-2012, 09:29 PM
How difficult is it to buy a ticket?

Seriously... If you walk up to the game with cash, what difference does it make who you give it to?

I missed the first 5 minutes of the St.Johnstone game as I had to wait 15 minutes in a queue to buy a ticket. I think the pod is a good idea but it can't cope with unexpected demand as there's not enough people selling the tickets. :rolleyes:

eebsie
14-09-2012, 09:31 PM
That was my point! Got to the St Johnstone game just before kick off, missed k.o. and first 10 mins queuing at pod!

FranckSuzy
14-09-2012, 10:22 PM
There were queues at the turnstiles too though :dunno:

RyeSloan
14-09-2012, 10:28 PM
I missed the first 5 minutes of the St.Johnstone game as I had to wait 15 minutes in a queue to buy a ticket. I think the pod is a good idea but it can't cope with unexpected demand as there's not enough people selling the tickets. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Hibs have effective reduced the cash gate to the East to three turnstiles...wasn't enough for the old easy so no wonder it's not enough for the new one.

Sure plenty of people will suggest you just get their earlier but that's not always possible and any business that was suffering 15 minute queues at it's busiest time should be considering it's level of customer care...a poor example of Hibs taking advantage of their captive market.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2012, 10:31 PM
You can still pay cash at turnstile in the West

eebsie
15-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Running late already, will have ****ty wee pod queue once I get to ground. Pish. Should be making it as easy as possible for fans to get in. Do the turnstiles the way supermarkets manage the cash tills. In 2012 we shouldn't be having to stand in line at all!

iwasthere1972
15-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Bought my "pay at the gate" ticket at the ticket office by the west stand. Do they really have to ask you what your name and address is before they issue you with a ticket. I can understand it if we were playing Celtic, Rangers or them but this was against Killie. The guy in front of me was a bit peeved off especially when they asked him what his phone number was. His reply was you don't need it. Quite right too. Just take the money and give us a ticket. Then of course you have to go and join the real queue to get him. There must be a simpler system but if it means Hibs not getting ripped off as they did in the past then I will happily keep queuing twice. Might even treat myself to a season ticket if we win the league.

c31
15-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Walked up to the wee pod east stand at 2:50 no queue never got asked any details. Got ticket walked in to ground nae probs.

Frazerbob
15-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Bought my "pay at the gate" ticket at the ticket office by the west stand. Do they really have to ask you what your name and address is before they issue you with a ticket. I can understand it if we were playing Celtic, Rangers or them but this was against Killie. The guy in front of me was a bit peeved off especially when they asked him what his phone number was. His reply was you don't need it. Quite right too. Just take the money and give us a ticket. Then of course you have to go and join the real queue to get him. There must be a simpler system but if it means Hibs not getting ripped off as they did in the past then I will happily keep queuing twice. Might even treat myself to a season ticket if we win the league.

Is it not to get you on the database making it easier for everyone to buy tickets for the Cat A games?

I went with my cousin today, who was up from Birmingham for the game. He only gets to a couple of games a season and tried to give the staff at the East Pod his details so that he'd get on the database but she wouldn't take it.

iwasthere1972
16-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Is it not to get you on the database making it easier for everyone to buy tickets for the Cat A games?

I went with my cousin today, who was up from Birmingham for the game. He only gets to a couple of games a season and tried to give the staff at the East Pod his details so that he'd get on the database but she wouldn't take it.

Been on the database for years. Maybe they should just ask if you're on the database and if the answer is yes then just hand over the ticket and take the payment.

LancashireHibby
16-09-2012, 09:26 AM
And then the same guy will be complaining that he can't get a ticket for a Hertz game because he's not on the database.

Judas Iscariot
16-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Running late already, will have ****ty wee pod queue once I get to ground. Pish. Should be making it as easy as possible for fans to get in. Do the turnstiles the way supermarkets manage the cash tills. In 2012 we shouldn't be having to stand in line at all!

Anything for a moan eh..

I'm guessing it was Hibs' fault you were running late too?!

Did the 2-1 scoreline & 3 points manage to crack a smile on yer huffing puss?

:na na:

john18722
16-09-2012, 09:29 AM
I really don't know what the problem is. People can't moan about the team at the moment so they have to moan about something else. I walked up to the pod on the east at 2.30, bought my ticket and was in my seat by 2.35 after putting a few bets on at Ladbrokes. If you ate worried about missing first five mins, turn up five mins earlier.

LancashireHibby
16-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Been on the database for years. Maybe they should just ask if you're on the database and if the answer is yes then just hand over the ticket and take the payment.
But the whole point of having the database is to have an ongoing record of which games are being attended etc. Not only helpful to stop away fans getting in the home sections but also for marketing purposes.

Pretty Boy
16-09-2012, 10:06 AM
I had to buy a ticket yesterday for a non ST holder mate. He was running late and was worried about queues etc (he must read here). Walked up to the FF stand pod at 2.35, had a ticket in my hand by 2.36, sneaked a quick pint in Behind the Goals and still got to our seats with a couple of minutes to spare.

iwasthere1972
16-09-2012, 10:07 AM
But the whole point of having the database is to have an ongoing record of which games are being attended etc. Not only helpful to stop away fans getting in the home sections but also for marketing purposes.

Although I commented on the thread it doesn't really bother me that much. I just think queuing twice is a bit of an inconvenience. Nothing to stop an away fan from getting on the database for years by just going to one non category A match. Anyway second in the league I would probably queue three times if we finishes in that position.

LancashireHibby
16-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Although I commented on the thread it doesn't really bother me that much. I just think queuing twice is a bit of an inconvenience. Nothing to stop an away fan from getting on the database for years by just going to one non category A match. Anyway second in the league I would probably queue three times if we finishes in that position.
Stop being so selfish and queue four times so that we finish top:wink:

iwasthere1972
16-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Stop being so selfish and queue four times so that we finish top:wink:

I'd even camp out the night before.

eebsie
16-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Anything for a moan eh..

I'm guessing it was Hibs' fault you were running late too?!

Did the 2-1 scoreline & 3 points manage to crack a smile on yer huffing puss?

:na na:
This is 2012. Eastern bloc communist countries used to run supermarkets that way to create jobs.
The score and atmos in section 43 were great ;-) , thanks for asking!