PDA

View Full Version : Aberdonian Hibees...

Northernhibee
27-08-2012, 03:32 PM
...would there be enough bodies or interest to get a seven a sides team going? Seems to be a handful of leagues kicking about, would be good to bring some Hibs class to the area :flag:

GraniteCityHibs
27-08-2012, 03:59 PM
...would there be enough bodies or interest to get a seven a sides team going? Seems to be a handful of leagues kicking about, would be good to bring some Hibs class to the area :flag:

I'm well up for that!

Six a side league at Strikers or 7's at the sports village on a sunday night would be good.

Five a side at Strikers through the week (Tue or Thurs)

I know another couple of Hibees up here who might be up for it.

Northernhibee
27-08-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm well up for that!

Six a side league at Strikers or 7's at the sports village on a sunday night would be good.

Five a side at Strikers through the week (Tue or Thurs)

I know another couple of Hibees up here who might be up for it.

I was thinking Sunday - 7's at Banks o' Dee.

Not played in a good while, but can play GK, CB, RB or the Kuqi role :greengrin

If anyone is interested, no talent required, would be a good laugh and good to get some of the Hibees in this city together.

HibeeBigFly
27-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Would be up for this if it happens. What abouts a 5's goals team?

bigstu
27-08-2012, 06:48 PM

i am a Hibs fan living in aberdeen who has 2 legs & enjoys playing football, so i tick some boxes but unfortunately i wasnt born with any talent & therefore i am fairly gash (& no im not just saying that) so id probably not be what you were looking for!! I play at Goals on a Thursday night casually at the moment, mid week suits me as often im in edinburgh at weekends watching Hibs!

So if its quality your looking for...im not your man :greengrin

Northernhibee
27-08-2012, 07:19 PM
i am a Hibs fan living in aberdeen who has 2 legs & enjoys playing football, so i tick some boxes but unfortunately i wasnt born with any talent & therefore i am fairly gash (& no im not just saying that) so id probably not be what you were looking for!! I play at Goals on a Thursday night casually at the moment, mid week suits me as often im in edinburgh at weekends watching Hibs!

So if its quality your looking for...im not your man :greengrin

You're welcome to join, certainly not good enough myself to be anything other than semi-casual for this!

shaunsinky
27-08-2012, 07:53 PM
ive got 2 left feet and the stamina of a 60year old asthmatic, but i play in goals every Tues indoors At shedocksley.

shaunsinky
28-08-2012, 08:36 AM
ive got a voucher for a free hour at goals.
If we can get enough for 2 teams great, if not ill speak to my pals tonight and we could play some of them.
The voucher has to be booked online but lasts until October i think.

1875HFC
28-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Superb idea, I would be keen, Flatmate and I are big Hibees up in Aberdeen at Uni. In desperate need of meeting some Hibbies in the Granite City!

:pfgwa

GraniteCityHibs
28-08-2012, 09:01 AM
I was thinking Sunday - 7's at Banks o' Dee.

Not played in a good while, but can play GK, CB, RB or the Kuqi role :greengrin

If anyone is interested, no talent required, would be a good laugh and good to get some of the Hibees in this city together.

If it was Banks of Dee or Goals i'd probably have to go on a back up list as it's a bit of a pain in the hoop to get to from where I live compared to Strikers or Sports Village.

I play and train regularly anyway and have another baby coming in a few weeks so spare time for 5's etc might be limited. I'd be happy to be on a reserve list etc.

Calvin
28-08-2012, 10:42 AM
I'd be up for it. Used to play 7s quite often at the ASV but haven't played in ages so would like a kick about. Unfortunately, I too am absolutely rubbish. I'm pretty sure To Madeira on here would be up for it also.

Sylar
28-08-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm up here finishing off my PhD, so timing isn't great but the 7's league which goes on at the Sport Village is outstanding.

The pitch is second to none and well worth the chance to play on if it presents itself.

BonnieFitbaTeam
28-08-2012, 11:53 AM
I could well be up for that too - age-related injuries and a rank lack of fitness permitting !

PS. Don't let 'The Honest Toun' fool you, I'm in Stoney these days. Must get around to changing that...

cocopops1875
28-08-2012, 12:03 PM
I'd be up for it. Used to play 7s quite often at the ASV but haven't played in ages so would like a kick about. Unfortunately, I too am absolutely rubbish. I'm pretty sure To Madeira on here would be up for it also.
To Madeira "the Gel Boyz Drogba" we miss him

cam75
28-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Yes I'm nae that good and unfit but I'd be up for that!

Northernhibee
28-08-2012, 12:08 PM
We can always vote on where to play if we have to; never actually played at the Sports Village before.

onlyonesauzee4
28-08-2012, 12:18 PM
very keen for this - and because I am a student at Aberdeen will get discounted rates for the sports village if we can get enough bodies together. Won't be back in Aberdeen until mid-September though

Hibernian Verse
28-08-2012, 12:45 PM
To Madeira "the Gel Boyz Drogba" we miss him

Yeah I'm keen for anything, I play for the Uni though and work part-time so would depend on times but count me in initially.

Agree with only one Sauzee about getting it at ASV cos we get discounted rates.

Hibernian Verse
28-08-2012, 12:48 PM
If you guys want I can book a pitch for this week or next at ASV and just see who turns up and we can chat there whilst having a kickabout? I'm free Wed-Fri.

shaunsinky
28-08-2012, 01:00 PM
If you guys want I can book a pitch for this week or next at ASV and just see who turns up and we can chat there whilst having a kickabout? I'm free Wed-Fri.

sounds good, i already play on Tuesdays and Im on call from Thurs next week so if you do
book it ill only be available Wednesday.

Hibernian Verse
30-08-2012, 04:11 PM
So...can we all make this happen?

DAVE1875
30-08-2012, 04:33 PM
I'd probably be up for it. Despite living in Ellon, both my parents work for Stagecoach in Aberdeen so I get a free bus pass :greengrin Also a student at Gallowgate so I'd probably get discounts. Currently trying to find work so I'll be looking at how that goes as well

GraniteCityHibs
31-08-2012, 07:51 AM
I think the OP was about getting a team together for a league but a couple of folk seem to be suggesting a game just between us.

I think getting a team together for a league would be a good idea but you need a lot of bodies to ensure you get 6/7/8 every week. (especially if we limit it to Hibees). Not sure if the ASV student discount works for leagues but worth an ask.

I think it would be a decent idea to get a game between us all to start with and see if we can get numbers and commitment for a league.

shaunsinky
31-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I think the OP was about getting a team together for a league but a couple of folk seem to be suggesting a game just between us.

I think getting a team together for a league would be a good idea but you need a lot of bodies to ensure you get 6/7/8 every week. (especially if we limit it to Hibees). Not sure if the ASV student discount works for leagues but worth an ask.

I think it would be a decent idea to get a game between us all to start with and see if we can get numbers and commitment for a league.

i agree, get a game together 1st and take it from there

GraniteCityHibs
03-09-2012, 12:19 PM
So- who's in for a fun game between us first then?

shaunsinky
03-09-2012, 04:29 PM
put my name down, but only if i can play in goals :)

Northernhibee
03-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Me in the sticks for team two!

Hibernian Verse
07-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Think a kickabout is the best idea, even at Seaton Park or something simple like that. Someone reliable take control!!! :greengrin

If noone reliable is keen, then if folk want to pm me mobile numbers I can send a group text about when and where?

cam75
07-09-2012, 02:53 AM

5-10 mins swap and I'm in?

Pm and lets get it sorted !

HFC07
07-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Count me in lads, I'm game for a kick around. Possible another one I will try and get rubber mal to come along too.

When are we going to meet?

rosco-hibee
07-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi all, this is my first post on the forums. I'm a hibee living in the granite city also, and would be up for a game. 7s at the sports village is quality if you can get enough folk. I'm nae messi like...

I'm aware that everyone who posts for the 1st time wears a tin hat so I'll be no different. *puts tin hat on*

TonyStokeprano
07-09-2012, 09:03 AM
My mate who has just moved to Aberdeen is definitely interested in a game, when's it likely to happen?

banchoryhibs
07-09-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm way too old, fat and unfit for this but Banchoryhibs jnr would be interested - he might not be able to make every game due to his shifts but could make some.

Nice one guys:agree:

GraniteCityHibs
07-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Hi all, this is my first post on the forums. I'm a hibee living in the granite city also, and would be up for a game. 7s at the sports village is quality if you can get enough folk. I'm nae messi like...

I'm aware that everyone who posts for the 1st time wears a tin hat so I'll be no different. *puts tin hat on*

Get back to Jambo Kickback yi yam!!!:fenlon

Right that's that out of the way.....

Welcome......sure we'll get something sorted for this game ASAP.

yeezus.
07-09-2012, 11:15 AM
If you guys are still looking for folk I'm interested.

The minute I can find a flat in Aberdeen I will be back. Hopefully within the next week or so.

rosco-hibee
07-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Get back to Jambo Kickback yi yam!!!:fenlon

Right that's that out of the way.....

Welcome......sure we'll get something sorted for this game ASAP.

Sound. Glad we got that out the way!

How many we got so far? Good to hear there's a nice wee contingent of hibees up here!

rubber mal
07-09-2012, 12:15 PM

I'd be up for a game, although I may not manage every week depending on when & where you're playing. I see myself filling the Ivan Sproule/headless chicken role.

Hibernian Verse
07-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Clearly we're all interested...

As I say, if folk pm me I can try and organise something for next week?

Or even if we just say Monday at 5 at Seaton Park? Everyone wear hibs tops so it's obvious.

shaunsinky
07-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Thats me on call until next Fri so count me out this week.

bigstu
07-09-2012, 09:59 PM

Or even if we just say Monday at 5 at Seaton Park? Everyone wear hibs tops so it's obvious.

a couple of the guys have said they get discounts at the sports village so we could try there, don't know what sort of availability they usually have though? seaton park is a bit of a hole.

once weve had a bit of practise in we could try & get a game against aberdeen based yams & teach them a lesson or two!

HibeeBigFly
07-09-2012, 11:41 PM

Can't manage any midweek games till after 7pm due to work. Am up for this if it's a bit later.

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Ok I'll phone the asv on my break today and see what they're saying. If I book something I lose the money if it doesn't go ahead so please make an effort.

shaunsinky
08-09-2012, 11:33 AM
i think ive still got that free hour at goals we could use. Ill check when i get back home

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Right guys I've booked Tuesday at 9 at the asv. It will be about a fiver each :) if you have student cards please bring them, if not then its no problem. Hope to see you all there. My mobile number is 07411586337.

Cheers! Is that ok for most people? It can be changed.

HibeeBigFly
08-09-2012, 12:37 PM
Right guys I've booked Tuesday at 9 at the asv. It will be about a fiver each :) if you have student cards please bring them, if not then its no problem. Hope to see you all there. My mobile number is 07411586337.

Sorry but I can't make Tuesday as I play at goals that night. Hope you get a good turnout and it turns into a regular thing.

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2012, 12:43 PM
That's the plan mate, unfortunately Tuesday was all they had for a late start but if we get even 15 boys on Tuesday then I'm sure we can start to arrange a better block booking time.

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Also if folk can pm me mobile numbers and a first name then I can get a spread sorted and be able to text around weekly.

Northernhibee
08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Won't get Tuesday, got a job interview down south for up here which is awkward, but shall hopefully make future weeks.

DAVE1875
08-09-2012, 01:53 PM

My only concern is the length of the block for getting back to Ellon

Hibernian Verse
08-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Dave, I think with a discussion with everyone who comes on Tuesday we would be able to get a time that suits everyone.

Hibernian Verse
10-09-2012, 08:37 AM
So guys who's all coming? Need to know numbers.

bigstu
10-09-2012, 03:27 PM
So guys who's all coming? Need to know numbers.

scotland game is on tuesday. are you able to postpone until next week? then in the next few days we can get everyone rounded up & numbers confirmed.

Hibernian Verse
10-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Ok guys moving to next week not enough interest! Sorry.

shaunsinky
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Thats a shame, only nights i cant manage next week are Tues and Fri. Im free after 6 any other night

Shell7
11-09-2012, 01:40 PM
I can't manage a Tuesday night for a kick-about unfortunately but will check to see how things go with your scheduling of future game. I have a team that plays in a league at Goals on a Wednesday night and have been for a few years now. We're always looking for new players as our squad is ever depleting through injuries and work commitments, so anybody interested in a game give me a shout. Current K.O. time is 8.50 and we can probably arrange a pick-up and drop-off depending on location. Our team is fairly average but ageing, so could do with some young blood :-)

yeezus.
11-09-2012, 04:33 PM
This may be slightly off topic/already been mentioned but does anyone think there is enough interest for a bus to run from Aberdeen? I know it's a long shot but I was told to look on the bounce last time I asked...?