PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup 2012 Official Thread

theonlywayisup
24-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Who is looking forward to it?

Me, I cannot wait. It should be a cracker!

Just looking at the players that should be in the US team and it looks stronger than previous years.

Woods
Bubba
Dufner
Bradley
Simpson
Zach Johnson
Kuchar
Mickelson
Mahan
Stricker

are the top ten in the rankings with Fowler and Snedeker 11th & 12th. Looks pretty strong to me, but our team looks strong too. Bring it on!!!

HibsMax
25-08-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm looking forward to it more this year than any other year because of my ramped up interest in golf over the past couple of years. I'm in a tough spot, like the Olympics....who do I pick to win? The way my current thinking is with sports is : Scotland > USA > Great Britain.

Golden Bear
25-08-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm looking forward to it more this year than any other year because of my ramped up interest in golf over the past couple of years. I'm in a tough spot, like the Olympics....who do I pick to win? The way my current thinking is with sports is : Scotland > USA > Great Britain.

Where does Europe fit into your thinking Max?

:wink:

HibsMax
25-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Where does Europe fit into your thinking Max?

:wink:

That would be just below Great Britain. :) But since they are not competing with one another i guess it's almost one in the same.

theonlywayisup
26-08-2012, 05:47 PM
The Europe team so far is listed below. Looks like Poulter and possibly Colsaerts, who won the World Match Play Championship in May, as the wildcards.

Rory McIlroy (NI) Age: 23 Caps: 1
Justin Rose (Eng) Age: 32 Caps: 1
Graeme McDowell (NI) Age: 33 Caps: 2
Paul Lawrie (Sco) Age: 43 Caps: 1
Francesco Molinari (Ita) Age: 29 Caps: 1
Luke Donald (Eng) Age: 34 Caps: 3
Lee Westwood (Eng) Age: 39 Caps: 7
Sergio Garcia (Spa) Age: 32 Caps: 5
Peter Hanson (Swe) Age: 34 Caps: 1
Martin Kaymer (Ger) Age: 27 Caps: 1
Wildcard
Wildcard

Golden Bear
26-08-2012, 06:04 PM
The Europe team so far is listed below. Looks like Poulter and possibly Colsaerts, who won the World Match Play Championship in May, as the wildcards.

Rory McIlroy (NI) Age: 23 Caps: 1
Justin Rose (Eng) Age: 32 Caps: 1
Graeme McDowell (NI) Age: 33 Caps: 2
Paul Lawrie (Sco) Age: 43 Caps: 1
Francesco Molinari (Ita) Age: 29 Caps: 1
Luke Donald (Eng) Age: 34 Caps: 3
Lee Westwood (Eng) Age: 39 Caps: 7
Sergio Garcia (Spa) Age: 32 Caps: 5
Peter Hanson (Swe) Age: 34 Caps: 1
Martin Kaymer (Ger) Age: 27 Caps: 1
Wildcard
Wildcard

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Kaymer declines to play. He's not satisfied with his game right now and I got the impression at the last Ryder Cup that he wasn't relishing the particular pressure that the Ryder Cup throws up.

Olazabal will be under pressure to pick Harrington but I've a feeling the the picks will be Poulter and Colsaerts and if Kaymer does decline to play then I'd prefer Cabrero Bello to Harrington who is very much a hit or a miss (mostly misses,) these days.

H18sry
27-08-2012, 11:04 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/19379504

Ian Poulter and Nicolas Colsaerts have received the two wildcard picks :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
27-08-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/19379504

Ian Poulter and Nicolas Colsaerts have received the two wildcard picks :thumbsup:

The right choices imo.

Hainan Hibs
27-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Great to see a Scot back in the team, Lawrie has been on fire recently:thumbsup:

Golden Bear
04-09-2012, 03:42 PM
The USA team has just been announced:-

http://www.pgatour.com/2012/r/09/04/ryder-cup-captains-picks.ap/index.html

No real surprises I guess.

theonlywayisup
04-09-2012, 04:46 PM
The US team looks strong! I think this will be another hard fought, nail biting, edge of the seat match.

US TEAM:
Tiger Woods
Bubba Watson
Jason Dufner
Keegan Bradley
Webb Simpson
Zach Johnson
Phil Mickelson
Matt Kuchar
Steve Stricker
Jim Furyk
Dustin Johnson
Brandt Snedeker

3pm
09-09-2012, 06:37 PM
IMHO, I thimk Garcia and Kaymer will make or break the result. I am not an expert though.

Viking
11-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I cannot wait.

I would always back Europe in the Ryder Cup as as they always seem to be a team whereas the US play as individuals. However, its a strong US team this year and they are young so think they will have a big fight in them!

Gonna be the best Ryder Cup ever!!:agree:

theonlywayisup
15-09-2012, 09:04 PM
I cannot wait.

I would always back Europe in the Ryder Cup as as they always seem to be a team whereas the US play as individuals. However, its a strong US team this year and they are young so think they will have a big fight in them!

Gonna be the best Ryder Cup ever!!:agree:

You are correct - it is going to be the best ever.

What I love about the Ryder Cup is that one team can be heading for a 3 - 1 win in the fourballs or foursomes, then three holes later it can completely turn around and it could be a 1 - 3 loss. Great entertainment. Less than two weeks to go.

I have a feeling that Woods is going to play well for once. It could be his Ryder Cup! Hope not, but I can see the US winning it.

Golden Bear
17-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Looks like the TV coverage will still be at semi respectable times despite the different time zones.

Coverage will commence at 12:30pm on the first two days then the final day singles will commence about 4pm on the Sunday.

Bring it on.

:thumbsup:

PS There will be an unfortunate clash with TV coverage of the Dons v Hibs game on the Saturday.

Petrie!!!! :fuming::fuming::greengrin

theonlywayisup
22-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Looks like the TV coverage will still be at semi respectable times despite the different time zones.

Coverage will commence at 12:30pm on the first two days then the final day singles will commence about 4pm on the Sunday.

Bring it on.

PS There will be an unfortunate clash with TV coverage of the Dons v Hibs game on the Saturday.

Petrie!!!! :fuming::fuming::greengrin

I see that the first day foursomes starts at 7:20am Central Standard Time. Am I correct in saying that is 6 hours behind us in the UK, so that means 1:20pm in the UK.

Cannot wait for it to start.

theonlywayisup
24-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Latest betting odds show that the USA are the bookies favourite and who would disagree with that. Bet365 has the USA @ 8/11, with Europe @ 6/4. Similar odds elsewhere.

The USA team does look strong, but I hope that Europe make it fives wins out of the last six Ryder Cups.

Golden Bear
25-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Latest betting odds show that the USA are the bookies favourite and who would disagree with that. Bet365 has the USA @ 8/11, with Europe @ 6/4. Similar odds elsewhere.

The USA team does look strong, but I hope that Europe make it fives wins out of the last six Ryder Cups.

:agree:

There are a couple of players in the European team who are currently struggling with their form and maybe a couple of others who can be a bit inconsistent. However with golf being the game it is, you just never know what's going to happen so let's hope they can turn turn it on when they really need to.

Form is temporary --------- class is permanent.

'Mon the Europeans!

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Got a bad feeling that Europe might take a bit of a tanking here, hope I'm wrong.

Sylar
28-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Jim Furyk/Brandt Snedeker vs Graeme McDowell/Rory McIlroy

Phil Mickelson/Keegan Bradley vs Luke Donald/Sergio Garcia

Jason Dufner/Zach Johnson vs Lee Westwood/Francesco Molinari

Tiger Woods/Steve Stricker vs Ian Poulter/Justin Rose

I fancy 3-1 Europe on opening day!

Godsahibby
28-09-2012, 08:32 AM
I know it's 2 years away but for those interested you can now register your interest for tickets for the 2014 Ryder Cup tickets a Gleneagles.

www.europeantour.com/rydercup/tickets/index.html

Hibee87
28-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Jim Furyk/Brandt Snedeker vs Graeme McDowell/Rory McIlroy

Phil Mickelson/Keegan Bradley vs Luke Donald/Sergio Garcia

Jason Dufner/Zach Johnson vs Lee Westwood/Francesco Molinari

Tiger Woods/Steve Stricker vs Ian Poulter/Justin Rose

I fancy 3-1 Europe on opening day!

I agree...I see europe wining the first 3 but think Woods and stricker will win the last

mon the europe :thumbsup:

Sylar
28-09-2012, 10:06 AM
I know it's 2 years away but for those interested you can now register your interest for tickets for the 2014 Ryder Cup tickets a Gleneagles.

www.europeantour.com/rydercup/tickets/index.html (http://www.europeantour.com/rydercup/tickets/index.html)

I was interested in volunteering. Every time I enter into the "register for tickets/volunteer" section, all it does is ask me to confirm my details and hit submit. It doesn't confirm what happened at all.

BroxburnHibee
28-09-2012, 10:41 AM
I was interested in volunteering. Every time I enter into the "register for tickets/volunteer" section, all it does is ask me to confirm my details and hit submit. It doesn't confirm what happened at all.

Volunteering sounds a good idea in theory but is there a chance you could end up working in the car parks all day? :greengrin

DaveF
28-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Looking forward to it, and will try to persude work colleagues to get it on the big screens here in the office :greengrin

BTW, did anyone watch the opening ceremony last night? The flyover was er, unspectacular, and as usual the good ol' US of A managed to murder their national anthem with a screaming diva :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
28-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Looking forward to it, and will try to persude work colleagues to get it on the big screens here in the office :greengrin

BTW, did anyone watch the opening ceremony last night? The flyover was er, unspectacular, and as usual the good ol' US of A managed to murder their national anthem with a screaming diva :greengrin

Been suffering with the flu all week but watching this for the next few hours is gonna cheer me right up :thumbsup:

Godsahibby
28-09-2012, 02:06 PM
I think that's all there is now, I had the same thing when I submitted my interest in tickets and also volunteering.

Back to this years event, got to say loving having the golf in 3D all day and not just for a couple of hours at night. 3D teles and golf coverage were made for each other!

H18sry
28-09-2012, 02:07 PM
In the morning foursomes what ball will they be playing with GMac uses Srixson balls and Rory uses Titleist balls so what will they use today? :wink:

Godsahibby
28-09-2012, 02:23 PM
I would guess the pro v's as GMac previously used them. It's not just them there are other no doubt in the same position, Westwood with the Titliest I think and Molinari using Nike normally.

Thats one thing Monty actully spoke about the other day saying that's something he had to keep in mind when puting the pairings together.

Godsahibby
28-09-2012, 02:52 PM
A fist punch by Duffner, so the man does have emotions!!

Sylar
28-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Form is temporary --------- class is permanent.

!

Sums this American crowd up in a nutshell.

Absolutely poisonous.

theonlywayisup
28-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Fairly even in the foursomes, but the Americans have been awesome in the fourballs. An unbelievable number of birdies - the difference between the teams is the putting and the fact that the Americans are more aggressive. I can't believe that many of our players are close to or even above par in a fourballs match.

Woods was extremely poor in the morning - some of his shots were worse than mine!

Matty_Jack04
28-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Mickelson has played some great stuff today also been impressed with the Belgian lad

some hard work needed tomorrow by the looks of things to give us a hope going into the singles

theonlywayisup
29-09-2012, 06:04 AM
I feel totally drained having watched virtually every shot yesterday. Not great to watch from a European point of view, but the golf on show was fantastic.

Unfortunately, this course looks suited to the American style of play. It does not penalise the long, but wayward hitters, so they just stand up and wallop it! On the greens they also have holed much more putts than us. Add to that some of our players looking slightly off their game. Westwood, along with Donald & Garcia, are struggling a bit on the greens. Westwood especially looks as if he will never hole a putt. Kaymer looks as if he would rather be somewhere else - am I right in saying that he did not make one birdie in his fourball match.

Credit to the USA, they played some great shots when it mattered. I also believe that the USA crowd have been respectful, though noisy in their support of their team.

Hibbyradge
29-09-2012, 09:45 AM
We're in deep trouble.

It's a putting competition and the USA are excelling.

I can't believe Westwood reappeared after lunch, and if I was captain, he wouldn't get a game today.

He hasn't had a birdie yet, and hasn't holed a single putt. Literally.

He's the most undeserving European to GET a point yesterday and I'm counting his singles tie on Sunday as another win for the USA.

I'm very disappointed.

Looking forward to watching it again after my round this afternoon though. :greengrin

theonlywayisup
29-09-2012, 10:04 AM
We're in deep trouble.

It's a putting competition and the USA are excelling.

I can't believe Westwood reappeared after lunch, and if I was captain, he wouldn't get a game today.

He hasn't had a birdie yet, and hasn't holed a single putt. Literally.

He's the most undeserving European to GET a point yesterday and I'm counting his singles tie on Sunday as another win for the USA.

I'm very disappointed.

Looking forward to watching it again after my round this afternoon though. :greengrin

We need to win the morning foursomes and then hope that we play better in the fourballs. If not this could be a thumping to what looked like a very strong European team. Unfortunately, rankings hide the fact that some players are off their game at the moment, or don't hole enough putts for an 18 hole matchplay competition.

Our players really need to perform today. Looking at the foursomes line-up, I do fancy Poulter (why was he dropped yesterday afternoon) / Rose and McIlroy / McDowell to win. Bradley / Mickelson look unstoppable. I also think that Dufner / Johnson will be too strong for Colsaerts / Garcia, unless Garcia plays some inspirational golf. I really hope that Donald, Garcia and Westwood play better today.

Simpson/Watson v Poulter/Rose Europe Win
Bradley/Mickelson v Westwood/Donald USA Win
Dufner/Z Johnson v Colsaerts/Garcia USA Win
Furyk/Snedeker v McIlroy/McDowell Europe Win

Sylar
29-09-2012, 11:24 AM
I feel totally drained having watched virtually every shot yesterday. Not great to watch from a European point of view, but the golf on show was fantastic.

Unfortunately, this course looks suited to the American style of play. It does not penalise the long, but wayward hitters, so they just stand up and wallop it! On the greens they also have holed much more putts than us. Add to that some of our players looking slightly off their game. Westwood, along with Donald & Garcia, are struggling a bit on the greens. Westwood especially looks as if he will never hole a putt. Kaymer looks as if he would rather be somewhere else - am I right in saying that he did not make one birdie in his fourball match.

Credit to the USA, they played some great shots when it mattered. I also believe that the USA crowd have been respectful, though noisy in their support of their team.

I don't mind the noisy support but when it gets to the point of cheering mistakes and shouting "in the water/trees/bunker" (which was quite audible yesterday), it makes for a very poisonous environment and not something which happened at Celtic Manor or The K Club. It's not in the spirit of the game IMO.

I genuinely reckon we're already sunk. It's not just that America are playing some stellar golf (which some of their players really are) - there are too many players in the European team who aren't even at level par or better. The course doesn't look too difficult, even when wild off of the tees. They weren't outdriving us yesterday but their approach play and putting has been outstanding.

If the form of yesterday continues, it could be an annihilation.

Sylar
29-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Simpson/Watson v Poulter/Rose USA Win
Bradley/Mickelson v Westwood/Donald USA Win
Dufner/Z Johnson v Colsaerts/Garcia USA Win
Furyk/Snedeker v McIlroy/McDowell A/S

I can't see past the above today.

Simpson and Watson were stellar yesterday, as were Bradley and Mickelson. Colsaerts might manage to put up a fight against Dufner and Johnson but Garcia didn't look overly hot yesterday. There was very little between the last match yesterday and I dare say it'll be close again.

Sylar
29-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Bradley and Mickelson picking up where they left off yesterday.

Sadly, so is Lee Westwood, dumping his tee shot at the second into the water and now 2 down...

Pretty Boy
29-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Westwood shouldn't have been playing this morning. Hunched over, not committing to shots, looks totally lacking in confidence.

Needs a break this afternoon unless Donald can get him going in the next couple of holes.

Sylar
29-09-2012, 01:23 PM
This is steaming toward a 4-0 rout in the morning session. They're playing some untouchable golf and we can't compete.

cocopops1875
29-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Bubba taking 70yards out of poulter off the tee unbelievable

Pretty Boy
29-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Crowd cheering and mocking bad shots is a bit off imo.

cocopops1875
29-09-2012, 01:55 PM
I would have booed that shot from poulter :-)

Pretty Boy
29-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I would have booed that shot from poulter :-)

Fair point well made.

Sylar
29-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Can we launch a motion to have their golf balls and the holes checked for magnetic substances?

Ridiculous how much they're holing.

Hainan Hibs
29-09-2012, 06:28 PM
The scoreboard makes for horrible viewing.

I expected the USA to win, but this is like a cavalry charge.

DaveF
29-09-2012, 07:30 PM
If Europe don't win at least 3 of this afternoon's games then it'll be a complete rout.

Also getting a bit bored of Montgomerie and his crass comments on Woods. Maybe he should turn his attention Westwood, McIlroy and McDowell who are all have shockers for supposed world class players.

theonlywayisup
30-09-2012, 06:49 AM
If Europe don't win at least 3 of this afternoon's games then it'll be a complete rout.

Also getting a bit bored of Montgomerie and his crass comments on Woods. Maybe he should turn his attention Westwood, McIlroy and McDowell who are all have shockers for supposed world class players.

:agree: I like Monty, but he is really annoying me with his comments too.

The longer this match goes on, it shows that the main difference between the teams is that the USA hole much more putts that Europe. I could not believe the number of times that our putts spun out of the hole.

The funny moment yesterday was Kuchar's recovery shot that hits a tree thirty yards in front of him, only to end up ten yards behind him.

The sad moment yesterday was that American idiot that shouts (clearly audible on TV) "**** you Seve". Why do they say these things? What is the point of it? American golf needs to drive these idiots away from their sport.

Sylar
30-09-2012, 08:47 AM
:agree: I like Monty, but he is really annoying me with his comments too.

The longer this match goes on, it shows that the main difference between the teams is that the USA hole much more putts that Europe. I could not believe the number of times that our putts spun out of the hole.

The funny moment yesterday was Kuchar's recovery shot that hits a tree thirty yards in front of him, only to end up ten yards behind him.

The sad moment yesterday was that American idiot that shouts (clearly audible on TV) "**** you Seve". Why do they say these things? What is the point of it? American golf needs to drive these idiots away from their sport.

I've found their fans to be increasingly odious the more this goes on. Cheering mistakes, derisory shouts and even booing yesterday (audibly different from the chants of Kuch or Luke).

That shout really took the cake though and quite angered everyone in our household who was watching!

BroxburnHibee
30-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Some of the quotes that came before the game were outrageous IMO (specifically thinking of Snedeker's "kick their brains in") and this has encouraged an atmosphere that is getting close to the Brookline nonsense.

Needs to be reeled in ASAP or there will be unsavoury scenes later when the inevitable happens.

Not sour grapes - USA have played brilliantly and will win deservedly unless something spectacular happens.

DaveF
30-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Some of the quotes that came before the game were outrageous IMO (specifically thinking of Snedeker's "kick their brains in") and this has encouraged an atmosphere that is getting close to the Brookline nonsense.

Needs to be reeled in ASAP or there will be unsavoury scenes later when the inevitable happens.

Not sour grapes - USA have played brilliantly and will win deservedly unless something spectacular happens.

Pretty sure I heard Poulter say 'you can be friends with these guys but in a ryder cup you wanna kill them' so its the same on both sides. Over inflated, patriotic nonsense.

BroxburnHibee
30-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Pretty sure I heard Poulter say 'you can be friends with these guys but in a ryder cup you wanna kill them' so its the same on both sides. Over inflated, patriotic nonsense.

Yep - I'm not trying to say its only one side doing it just that its gonna get out of hand.

Since Brookline the teams have worked really hard at improving the spirit of the match and its been brilliant.

Moments like this yesterday...................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o573pqCNvAE&feature=player_embedded

...........could see all that work undone.

Not trying to be a killjoy - just hope we don't see a repeat of '99 later.

DaveF
30-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Poulter was just being an arse there, so you can hardly blame the crowd for responding to his taunts.

If the players do not like the bad atmopshere they need to start showing some maturity.

Golden Bear
30-09-2012, 01:38 PM
It's got to be said that the USA team have performed magnificently so far but their brilliance has been aided by the inability of the European team to put them under pressure.

The biggest disappointment to me is the actual course itself. It's the prerogative of the home team to set up the course in a manner that will give them the best chance of winning, but I still think that the "grip it and rip it" brigade should be punished for the really wild shots that are a mile off line. As things stand, the only players that are really getting punished are the guys who can hit it up the middle as they gain no advantage whatsoever.

It's still a magnificent event to watch but this year more than ever, it's been turned into a putting contest.

theonlywayisup
30-09-2012, 02:35 PM
It's got to be said that the USA team have performed magnificently so far but their brilliance has been aided by the inability of the European team to put them under pressure.

The biggest disappointment to me is the actual course itself. It's the prerogative of the home team to set up the course in a manner that will give them the best chance of winning, but I still think that the "grip it and rip it" brigade should be punished for the really wild shots that are a mile off line. As things stand, the only players that are really getting punished are the guys who can hit it up the middle as they gain no advantage whatsoever.

It's still a magnificent event to watch but this year more than ever, it's been turned into a putting contest.

:agree: I do think that had this game been played at a course with rough that rewards straight hitting (ie a typical US Open course) then the match result would have been a lot closer. Even when they hit the ball into the trees, there is little punishment.

Houchy
30-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Well done Bubba, build the crowd into a frenzy then practically shank your drive, into the crowd. Good recovery though unfortunately:agree:

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Europe could do with a few more Ian Poulters.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Rory McIlroy sleeping in and the forgetting what time zone he's in so no warm up. Unbelievable stuff.

Golden Bear
30-09-2012, 05:54 PM
So far so good but it's still a farcical golf course.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Good start from the Europeans, could be closer than I thought.

Hibs Class
30-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Good start from the Europeans, could be closer than I thought.

Giving themselves a chance - a lot to pull back though.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 07:53 PM
Getting really tight now, 5 up and 4 all square!

Golden Bear
30-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Looks unlikely but still a possibility and what a brilliant win by Paul Lawrie.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Looks unlikely but still a possibility and what a brilliant win by Paul Lawrie.

Different class from Lawrie.

McIlroy wins to make it 10-9 and Poulter plays a blunder from the trees. Sergio brings it back to all square as well. USA still big favourites but Europe have made a fight of it.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 08:28 PM
What a putt by Justin Rose.

Hibs Class
30-09-2012, 08:38 PM
It's certainly looking a lot closer than I expected at the start of play today.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 08:39 PM
What a putt by Justin Rose.

Will be getting at least a half, but we need him to win it.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 08:42 PM

Get in!

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 08:43 PM

And he does. In style. Need Kaymer, Garcia and Molinari to step up to the plate.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Projected score now 14-14. Surely couldn't pull this off. Furyk fluffs a chip to give Garcia half a chance.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 08:47 PM
And he does. In style. Need Kaymer, Garcia and Molinari to step up to the plate.

Do the yanks have the mental steel when they're out solo?

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Kaymer goes in the water :(

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Hanson gets back to one

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 08:56 PM
As it is it could well come down to the last game.

Anyone put money on Molinaro holing a 6 footer to win it?

Hibs Class
30-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Swung back towards the americans in the last five minutes or so.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Fek me, how did that no drop?

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Beautiful bunker shot by Garcia. Dufner back to 2 up v Hanson.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Ha, furyk

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Ha Furyk looking like a twat, celebrating before it dropped.

McDowell with a generous concession imo.

Golden Bear
30-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Pneumatic underpants time! This is brilliant viewing!

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Ha Furyk looking like a twat, celebrating before it dropped.

McDowell with a generous concession imo.

Not looking good now,

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Not looking good now,

Agreed. Needs something special now. The way this has swung though who knows.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:09 PM
What a putt Kaymer!

Golden Bear
30-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Westwood is back!

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Tis is all too much!! Go on Lee, Sergio looking like all square going up the last.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Kaymer now back 1 up and Garcia now back to all square. Momentum changing again?

Golden Bear
30-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Could all rest on molinari v tiger. Not sure if our guy is mentally strong enough to.handle that one.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Could all rest on molinari v tiger. Not sure if our guy is mentally strong enough to.handle that one.

Not sure if his putting is strong enough! Beauty of a drive by Garcia on 18. Furyk finds the bunker.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Not sure if his putting is strong enough! Beauty of a drive by Garcia on 18. Furyk finds the bunker.

:) ?

Hibs Class
30-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Kaymer dreadful putt.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Kaymer dreadful putt.

Yep just lag it and guarantee the half. Now a tricky 7 feet to avoid losing the hole.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:28 PM
And he gifts it to Stricker. Muppet.

I'm_cabbaged
Ffs Kaymer

Hibs Class
Could really do with garcia getting the win here. Wouldn't be surprised if furyk holes his.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Westwood makes it 12-12. He was due a performance and delivered.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Kuchar- dickhead, well done Lee!

Hibs Class
30-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Americans don't like conceding short putts - maybe they remember stadler at the belfry.

I'm_cabbaged
Yes! Go on Sergio!

Pretty Boy
Garcia beats Furyk 1 up. Get in.

Furyk was in control for so long as well. Mental block.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Hanson only 1 down going to 18.

Mission impossible looking almost, almost doable.

jodjam
30-09-2012, 09:35 PM
This is amazing tv

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:36 PM
All down to bottle now, they've all got the talent.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Molinari pulls a chance to go 1 up.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Good putt Martin

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:41 PM
2 great bunker shots and putts by Kaymer and Stricker.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Dufner beats Hanson.

13-13 and the last 2 games all square. Advantage Europe??

Hibs Class
30-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Dufner beats Hanson.

13-13 and the last 2 games all square. Advantage Europe??

Molinari's a dark horse but I'd be happiest if kaymer can get the win.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Beauty of a shot by Molinari.

Kaymer and Stricker safely on the 17th green. This is too much.

Golden Bear
30-09-2012, 09:51 PM
This beats the Olympics anyday. Shame aboot the adverts though.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Kaymer 1 up thru 17.

It's in our hands!

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Stricker misses! Kaymer holes!

Hibs Class
30-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Kaymer guarantees another half at least.

jodjam
30-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Kuchar- dickhead, well done Lee!

Mon the German felly :)

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 09:55 PM
This beats the Olympics anyday. Shame aboot the adverts though.

Gives me time to go for a puss lol, ironically drinking German pils. Mon the Kaymer!

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Decent bunker shot by Kaymer. Stricker rolls long.

Good chance now.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Molinari thins it horribly.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Poor putts Stricker. Kaymer put this close and it should be game over! Should be.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 10:09 PM
I cannae take this!

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 10:10 PM
That just picked up momentum from nowhere.

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 10:12 PM
****ing hell, Mon Kaymer stick it in.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Stricker holes it. Kaymer holes.

Get in there.

Mr 'get in the hole' girfuy!!

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Yes!! Get it right up ye ya bunch of ignorant bassas

Golden Bear
30-09-2012, 10:17 PM
From zero to hero - well played you Martin!

Hibs Class
30-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Super viewing - well done Europe.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Did I just hear a chant of 'you're not whooping anymore'?

Golden Bear
30-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Nae sleep for me tonight - I'm so pumped up after that!

KingFranck
30-09-2012, 10:19 PM
I don't even like golf but that was amazing, fans singing your not singing anymore ha ha well done Europe

I'm_cabbaged
30-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Only two molanaris lol.

NOLA
30-09-2012, 10:23 PM
to all the septics shouting "get in the hole" GIRUY :na na:

Pretty Boy
30-09-2012, 10:25 PM
And Europe win outright.

Good sportsmanship by Woods to concede a tricky putt.

Hibs Class
30-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Nice concession by woods there.

J-C
30-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Davis Love giving no credit to Europe, saying they didn't get long putts and chip ins when needed, should've been further ahead on 1st day, glad all the GET IN THE HOLE numbskulls are shut up now.

Well done Europe, showed the Yanks. :greengrin

PatHead
30-09-2012, 10:33 PM
That was absolutely brilliant.

PatHead
30-09-2012, 10:34 PM
That was absolutely brilliant

woodythehibee
30-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Sensational day of golf. Just amazing!

iwasthere1972
30-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Just thought I would say George Washington, John Adams,Thomas Jefferson, James Madison,James Monroe, John Quincy Adams, Andrew Jackson, Martin Van Buren, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, James Knox Polk, Zachary Taylor, Millard Fillmore, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Johnson, Ulysses Simpson Grant, Rutherford Birchard Hayes, James Abram Garfield, Chester Alan Arthur, Grover Cleveland, Benjamin Harrison, Grover Cleveland, William McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren Gamaliel Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Clark Hoover, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Harry S. Truman, Dwight David Eisenhower John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Lyndon Baines Johnson, Richard Milhous Nixon, Gerald Rudolph Ford, James Earl Carter, Jr.,
Ronald Wilson Reagan, George Herbert Walker Bush, William Jefferson Clinton,
George Walker Bush, Barack Obama, Donald Duck, Daffy Duck, Mickey Mouse, Shirley Temple, JR Ewing, Bobby Ewing. Your boys took one hell of a beating.

iwasthere1972
30-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Absolutely brilliant even though I "watched" the entire final day on the radio.

:top marks

Bishop Hibee
30-09-2012, 10:44 PM
There is NOTHING like top level sport for drama and excitement and that had everything. Well done Europe. Makes me want to dig out the golf clubs. Unsuspecting members of the public beware :greengrin

iwasthere1972
30-09-2012, 10:53 PM
The Yanks were 33/1 on to lift the cup.

Guess there will be a fair few yanks not looking forward to going home to the missus tonight. :greengrin

cocopops1875
30-09-2012, 10:55 PM
simply awesome :thumbsup:

PatHead
30-09-2012, 10:55 PM
There is NOTHING like top level sport for drama and excitement and that had everything. Well done Europe. Makes me want to dig out the golf clubs. Unsuspecting members of the public beware :greengrin

Bit dark to be doing that now Bish. Maybe better wait until the morning.

frazeHFC
30-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Absolutely fantastic! :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Brilliant entertainment, what a fantastic year for so many different sports it has been.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Not too sure about the Jamesie Cotter team jackets!

deeks01
30-09-2012, 11:28 PM
That was sensational viewing! What a come back , I had Europe written off last night and wasn't even going to bother watching but I'm glad I did glued to the TV all night! I'm emotionally drained just watching the damn thing so I can't imagine what the players are feeling like! Think a certain Severiano Ballesteros had a hand in this today seen both Garcia and Rose take a moment to look skywards before holing important putts on the 17th/18th holes. So pleased for Olazabal you can see what it means to him to win the cup , feel for the yanks a bit though they played sensationally the first 2 days. Although the American fans are possibly amongst the most annoying people to have ever lived. Ever. Does anybody else who's still watching SS1 get the feeling Sergio Garcia is plastered already? Haha! Miguel Angel will be whipping out a cigar the size of a tree in a minute...

WELL DONE EUROPE , FANTASTIC!!!

Ryan91
30-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Surely there must be some sort of record set at this Ryder Cup, only a single match (the final singles Match) was halved during the entire weekend.

But what a comeback, one that is already being branded "The Miracle of Medinah".

:giruy: USA

:fenlon USA

Sir David Gray
30-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Never watch golf but I watched a great deal of that today and it was quite exciting stuff.

Don't really 'get' the concept of a European team but it was a great effort to come back like that, from 10-4 down.

What a few months it's been for sport. :agree:

Dibben
30-09-2012, 11:48 PM
An absolute stunning performance by the Europe team today!!!

Well done lads!

lucky
01-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Great golf amazing finale. But why did Alex Salmond get booed?

matty_f
01-10-2012, 12:06 AM

He's a yam fud. :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Surely there must be some sort of record set at this Ryder Cup, only a single match (the final singles Match) was halved during the entire weekend.

But what a comeback, one that is already being branded "The Miracle of Medinah".

:giruy: USA

:fenlon USA

Funky Golf Medinah - surely ?!

LeighLoyal
01-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Was a bit choked watching that. The great Sevvy's spirit was there in all of them. Greatest win ever, just a shame it wasn't live on BBC.

Sylar
01-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Not ashamed to admit that I joined most of the rest of Europe in having a good bubble at points tonight.

To see just how much that meant to everyone and the ever-present memory and influence of the great man himself emanating out of every single member of team Europe was awesome.

Our thirteenth man was on the sleeve of every single member of that team today and they served him and the rest of us immensely proudly.

DaveF
01-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Well I didn't give them a chance, so I was well and truly shut up :greengrin

An amazing comeback, the top match victories really putting pressure on the Americans and they could not handle it further down the line.

Absolutely brilliant - No idea what price Europe were at the start of the day to win but I imagine they were long odds so I hope some of the gamblers had a few quid on that.

Hibs Class
01-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Well I didn't give them a chance, so I was well and truly shut up :greengrin

An amazing comeback, the top match victories really putting pressure on the Americans and they could not handle it further down the line.

Absolutely brilliant - No idea what price Europe were at the start of the day to win but I imagine they were long odds so I hope some of the gamblers had a few quid on that.

Around 13-1 at start of play - was worth a punt with a couple of quid.

PeeJay
01-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Never watch golf but I watched a great deal of that today and it was quite exciting stuff.

Don't really 'get' the concept of a European team but it was a great effort to come back like that, from 10-4 down.

What a few months it's been for sport. :agree:

Used to always be a competition between the US and GB, but the "European" addition to the team was an initiative by J. Nicklaus to give the Americans a bit of a challenge as they usually beat the British team ... since 1979 when the "Europeans" have been on board, the Americans have had it anything but easy...

... so, are you all "Europeans" now or what?:greengrin

ronaldo7
01-10-2012, 07:24 AM
This guy will be heading for the hills as I post.

http://m.espn.go.com/golf/story?storyId=8434982&i=FB&w=1c6x7

DaveF
01-10-2012, 08:03 AM

Can you link to his piece today please? If he's man enough to write one :greengrin

Dibben
01-10-2012, 08:08 AM

:faf:

To be fair, we were all pretty much thinking it...

Was pleased with my £2 bet at 11-1 for a Europe win yesterday before the first tee!!! :cb

ronaldo7
01-10-2012, 08:40 AM
Can you link to his piece today please? If he's man enough to write one :greengrin

This is about how gracious a yank gets.

http://espn.go.com/golf/rydercup12/story/_/id/8438185/medinah-memories-surely-linger

PatHead
01-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Singing of God Save the Queen during his speech was out of order as well.

Hibbyradge
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Are there any highlights videos on the go?

Edit: That was easy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/19780625

Pretty Boy
01-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Singing of God Save the Queen during his speech was out of order as well.

I'm sure Eck can handle it.

Not a huge fan of his politics but as a person he seems capable of dealing with any flak that comes his way. He seemed to be having a ball when on stage and his smile suggested he quite enjoyed the banter. He probably loved the fact he was considered important enough for abuse.

--------
02-10-2012, 11:18 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/19795404

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/19795404

theonlywayisup
02-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I believe you cannot beat the Ryder Cup for rollercoaster excitement. It is such an unbelievable spectacle.

When I saw the draw, I thought we might have a chance if our early guys got up quickly and most of them did. This then quietened the crowd and put doubts in the mind of the USA players. You could see one or two of them looked like they needed a change of trousers, especially the irritating Keegan Bradley. That said, we also needed amazing fightbacks from Rose, Poulter & Garcia to turn their games around. They all had moments that a missed put at any stage would have changed the final result.

Truly fantastic and unexpected result. Well done to all of them.

Re the Yanks, what an unsporting bunch they are. I believe that many of the papers moved the golf away from their front pages because of the result. And I can't still get over the "**** you Seve" shout. I tell you, I bet Seve is laughing at them right now.