PDA

View Full Version : lance armstrong

Haymaker
24-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Drops his case - is stripped of all titles.

jodjam
24-08-2012, 03:29 PM
It's been a sad tale. He's always said the French authorities were after him but i'm not so sure.

Read his first book (up to his 2nd TDF win) and I found it a drag. I know these athletes can be very focused but he came across as one boring laddie.

H18sry
24-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Can Lance Armstrong not just change his name, say to "The Lance Armstrong", then claim that his titles shouldn't be stripped from him because it was the old Lance Armstrong that cheated

Eyrie
25-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Don't think that USADA has the authority to strip him of his titles. Only the UCI can do that.

It's a very murky case. On the one hand Armstrong has never failed a test, on the other hand USADA has lined up numerous witnesses who claim that he did dope. Previously I've always believed that he is innocent, but his uncharacteristic decision to drop his defence of the latest investigation has shifted me to the undecided camp.

PatHead
26-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Can Lance Armstrong not just change his name, say to "The Lance Armstrong", then claim that his titles shouldn't be stripped from him because it was the old Lance Armstrong that cheated

Think you should email him with this suggestion.:greengrin

Purple & Green
26-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Don't think that USADA has the authority to strip him of his titles. Only the UCI can do that.

It's a very murky case. On the one hand Armstrong has never failed a test, on the other hand USADA has lined up numerous witnesses who claim that he did dope. Previously I've always believed that he is innocent, but his uncharacteristic decision to drop his defence of the latest investigation has shifted me to the undecided camp.

This way Armstrong never allows the evidence to be heard against him, which is entirely unsatisfactory - something I hope the uci are going to address.

S.sct
05-09-2012, 07:52 PM
The evidence is damming and centers around tests taken during his comeback a couple of years ago. If he had stayed retired he probably would have got away with it. Bottom line is (and not excusing anything) the sport was rife with doping at the time, you either did it to keep up or didn't and got nowhere. Hopefully the sport is cleaning it's act up now.

S.sct
05-09-2012, 07:56 PM

I think you are right but WADA can push on this. If they don't cycling could be excluded from future Olympics. Interesting times.

I hoped that he was innocent, an inspirational story and one hell of a competitor. Unfortunately the latest evidence points toward doping (also undeclared failed tests lurking in the background).