PDA

View Full Version : Last season's loan players

Billy Whizz
20-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Had a look to see how some of the loan players we had last season, who moved on, got on with their teams on Saturday.

Matt Docherty - Wolves, not in the squad
Georgie Francomb - Norwich, not in the squad
Roy O'Donnovan - Coventry, not in the squad
Tom Soares, un attached but believed to be training with Pompey!

Nice to see they have all moved onto bigger and better things since leaving Hibs

lucky
20-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Only one I would allow back is Francomb

Pretty Boy
20-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Shame for Docherty. Such a professional lad should have been in the Wolves squad.

Hibs7
20-08-2012, 05:51 PM
None of them are missed.

juniorhibbee
20-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Wouldn't mind francombe back as cover for numerous positions but would much rather funds were spent on other players.

Baldy Foghorn
20-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Had a look to see how some of the loan players we had last season, who moved on, got on with their teams on Saturday.

Nice to see they have all moved onto bigger and better things since leaving Hibs

Soares was a billy big-baws who thought he was the best player in the World, sadly he was only the best player in his own head.....I was actually worried when he mentioned he would like to return.....Thankfully PF had him sussed....

wazoo1875
20-08-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd have liked to see Francomb back, I thought he was pretty decent, he was also quite versatile.

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2012, 07:44 PM
I thought Matt Doherty was the best out the lot, but he also comes across as a complete bellend who i'd rather see at Wolverhampton reserves than back at easter road.

Jonnyboy
20-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Soares was a billy big-baws who thought he was the best player in the World, sadly he was only the best player in his own head.....I was actually worried when he mentioned he would like to return.....Thankfully PF had him sussed....

:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-08-2012, 08:15 PM
The only loan players we needed back from last season were McPake and Griffiths.

Ferryhibby
20-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I said at the time they were released that these guys were loan players with a view to see how they would cope in afirst team situation in a pressure enviroment of fighting relegation, if they done ok they would be in their respective teams for this season...as has happened none of them shone to any extent and have paid the price.

givescotlandfreedom
20-08-2012, 08:32 PM
I thought Matt Doherty was the best out the lot, but he also comes across as a complete bellend who i'd rather see at Wolverhampton reserves than back at easter road.

:agree: My thoughts exactly.

AlbertK86
20-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Thought Doherty Francomb and Soares were all good players but not sure about Soares attitude.

Think Matt was excellent other than cup final

Francomb I would have back as didn't feel he got a decent run

woodythehibee
20-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Defensively i thought Doherty was pretty rubbish. Hearts away, Motherwell away (cost all 4 goals) and a few others. Terrible attitude too. Glad he's gone.

Hibee Ryan
20-08-2012, 08:42 PM
I think people were slightly harsh on Soares, he saved us against Killie scoring 2 goals, was a tall CM which was what we were crying out for and had a decent dead ball delivery. He was sooooo unfit but he hadn't played proper football for about 2 seasons, there was a player in there it just never came out when he was with us :cb

Hibby Bairn
20-08-2012, 08:58 PM
If you have nothing better to do then you can watch Doherty mixing it in the big time on Liverpool TV now for Wolves U21 v Liverpool U21.

PeterboroHibee
20-08-2012, 09:57 PM
I think people were slightly harsh on Soares, he saved us against Killie scoring 2 goals, was a tall CM which was what we were crying out for and had a decent dead ball delivery. He was sooooo unfit but he hadn't played proper football for about 2 seasons, there was a player in there it just never came out when he was with us :cb

I accept players might not be comfortable in other positions, but a central midfield spot was there for the taking last season, and apart from the odd glimmer, he never applied himself.

As for the others, Doherty was probably the most talented but what an idiot.

1875STEVE
20-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Spot on, PF said not that long ago, that the actions and attitudes of some players on cup final night, made his mind up about signing them.

JIm
21-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Defensively i thought Doherty was pretty rubbish. Hearts away, Motherwell away (cost all 4 goals) and a few others. Terrible attitude too. Glad he's gone.

Thought i was the only one who saw this, thankfully not. Couldn't defend if his life depended on it. Hopeless.

Golden Bear
21-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Thought i was the only one who saw this, thankfully not. Couldn't defend if his life depended on it. Hopeless.

:agree:

Central defender or full back?

Neither in my opinion.

DAVE1875
21-08-2012, 01:05 PM

When was the last time we had one of those guys?... Oh yes!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/BENJI%3A+I+could+be+a+star+for+Real+Madrid+YOGI%3A +Why%3F+Do+they+have+a...-a0208181843

muzzhfc
21-08-2012, 03:08 PM
i thought doucherty was decent, but not the charicter that PF wants in the swuad this season so better off without.
francomb, he was decent and could of done better with a run in the team, however, theres no point in bringing him back to see IF he could do a job, would rather the money was spent else where
o'donnavan - not really given a chance but wouldnt want to see back at ER as he didnt do enough (wish him well though)
soares - could be a player, just lacks the application
mcpake- pish, never want to see in a hibs top again
griffiths - see mcpake

BarneyK
21-08-2012, 03:23 PM
i thought doucherty was decent, but not the charicter that PF wants in the swuad this season so better off without.
francomb, he was decent and could of done better with a run in the team, however, theres no point in bringing him back to see IF he could do a job, would rather the money was spent else where
o'donnavan - not really given a chance but wouldnt want to see back at ER as he didnt do enough (wish him well though)
griffiths - see mcpake

Eh? :rolleyes:

archiebald
21-08-2012, 03:28 PM
griffiths - see mcpake

What a F---Y

BarneyK
21-08-2012, 03:39 PM
What a F---Y

Aye, a quite bizarre post. I've been reading it and re-reading it in an attempt for it to make some sense - for me to have maybe missed some sophisticated humour - but no, I reckon you've summed it up best there.

erin go bragh
21-08-2012, 03:47 PM
griffiths - see mcpake
We have a winner :cb worst post this season :agree:

:kbacker:
ggtth

jamieross
21-08-2012, 03:49 PM
griffiths - see mcpake

Il have whatever your on... :confused:

Walter
21-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Il have whatever your on... :confused:

I took it as a post tinged with irony

RoYO!
21-08-2012, 04:11 PM
It's fairly obvious he's not being sincere, no?

Golden Bear
21-08-2012, 04:14 PM
I took it as a post tinged with irony

Tinged with irony or soaked in booze.

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
21-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Tinged with irony or soaked in booze.

:greengrin

It was posted at 4.08pm, surely not booze!

muzzhfc
21-08-2012, 04:24 PM
waw, remind me never to be sarcastic in a post again . . .

CropleyWasGod
21-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Never be sarcastic in a post again.

muzzhfc
21-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Never be sarcastic in a post again.

thanks, i was about to post another sarcastic post! imagine what would of happened! :aok:

BarneyK
21-08-2012, 05:33 PM
It's fairly obvious he's not being sincere, no?

Yip that's right, no :greengrin

Eyrie
21-08-2012, 07:08 PM

Was this post meant to be sarcastic? :na na:

zlatan
21-08-2012, 07:18 PM
When was the last time we had one of those guys?... Oh yes!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/BENJI%3A+I+could+be+a+star+for+Real+Madrid+YOGI%3A +Why%3F+Do+they+have+a...-a0208181843

If only Soares had two cup final goals in him. Would have still lost 5-3 tbf, but still.

Gala Foxes
21-08-2012, 07:22 PM

No surprises there then

muzzhfc
21-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Was this post meant to be sarcastic? :na na:

oh yeah, that was a very sarcastic post. but no where near as sarcastic as this one. confused yet?

Eyrie
21-08-2012, 07:28 PM
oh yeah, that was a very sarcastic post. but no where near as sarcastic as this one. confused yet?
Very easily :)

jamieross
21-08-2012, 08:46 PM
It was obvious irony, the same way my post was obvious sarcasm no?

hfc rd
21-08-2012, 09:05 PM
What happened about Doherty saying something on twitter after the cup final? What did he say?

muzzhfc
21-08-2012, 10:07 PM
For the easily confused; my first post was serious (until the final 2 which were sarci) my 2nd post was serious and my 3rd post was sarci.

Doherty pretty much laughed at the suggestion of returning to Hibs which pretty much ****ed us all off, specially after THAT performance

BarneyK
21-08-2012, 10:10 PM
For the easily confused; my first post was serious (until the final 2 which were sarci) my 2nd post was serious and my 3rd post was sarci.

Doherty pretty much laughed at the suggestion of returning to Hibs which pretty much ****ed us all off, specially after THAT performance

That's the part that easily confused me. Fair play.