PDA

View Full Version : Us pga

Sylar
13-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Amazed there isn't a thread on this already!

After all of the feelgood factor generated by team GB, British Golfers kept our positive sporting run going, taking the top 3 places at the USPGA.

McIlroy won it (-13) and David Lynn finished in second place (-5). Ian Poulter and Justin Rose finished one further back at (-4) with Carl Pettersen (Sweden) tied for third.

Well done lads :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
13-08-2012, 12:21 PM
:thumbsup:

Can't wait for the Ryder Cup, reckon we will be just fine. :agree:

Golden Bear
13-08-2012, 04:42 PM
It's fair to say that for some reason this tournament didn't exactly enthral me.

Well played Rory all the same - a record beating eight stroke winning margin speaks for itself.

Joy Zipper
13-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I played the Ocean Course last year and how anyone managed -13 over four rounds is beyond me.

When he's on, the lad McIlroy can play a bit.

greenlex
13-08-2012, 07:46 PM
It's fair to say that for some reason this tournament didn't exactly enthral me.

Well played Rory all the same - a record beating eight stroke winning margin speaks for itself.
Eclipsed by the Olympic coverage I think. :agree:

Golden Bear
14-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I played the Ocean Course last year and how anyone managed -13 over four rounds is beyond me.

When he's on, the lad McIlroy can play a bit.

I was there for the 1991 Ryder Cup - "the War on the Shore" as it became known as. And yes, it was a hard enough course for spectators never mind the golfers.

I still think that the course Architect was mentally insane!