PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Edinburgh.

RamblingJack
11-08-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm coming over next month and i need to know if i am better parking the car up and using public transport as iv'e heard there are some road works in the city,also do i still get the number 26 to the zoo? I also need a good chippy where i can sit in and eat.I'm staying in Leith.Thanks.

Gatecrasher
11-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm coming over next month and i need to know if i am better parking the car up and using public transport as iv'e heard there are some road works in the city,also do i still get the number 26 to the zoo? I also need a good chippy where i can sit in and eat.I'm staying in Leith.Thanks.

I commute in and out of the city every day and i can confirm Edinburgh is one big roadwork at the moment. I'm sure the city folks can give you bus numbers and chippy advice :agree:

Jay
11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
26 still goes to the zoo. I was on it on thurs. Dont panic when it goes unusual ways, once you are at haymarket it gets back on track, its the roadworks! :greengrin

Jack
12-08-2012, 08:05 AM
The Montgomery Fish Bar on Montgomery Street is good, a sitdoonery too.

The one at the Fit o the Walk is OK.

I think you can get multi day tickets for the bus which is probably what I'd do in similar circumstances. Parking round all the attractions is difficult or expensive or both.

You also get the chance to take in more of the sights from upstairs on a bus.

hibsbollah
12-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Edinburgh is possibly the worst city in Europe to drive in, certainly at the moment. Even locals struggle with the weekly changing road works, diversions, closures oneway systems and predatory fascist jambo traffic wardens.

Get yourself a day pass on the bus.

HibernianBohs
12-08-2012, 01:38 PM
I was in Edinburgh recently and walked everywhere, it was really easy to find everything.

Mon Dieu4
12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
If you are in leith the only chippy you want is the Tailend!!!

Future17
12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
If you are in leith the only chippy you want is the Tailend!!!

Agree.

Also, public transport all the way. There is nowhere worth being in Edinburgh that you can't reach by bus. It's increasinly expensive, but not compared to what you pay in other major European cities.