PDA

View Full Version : (shc) some light relief Fave ch4 Comedy - Absolutely!

Viva_Palmeiras
05-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Remember Callum Gilhooley, MacGlashan reading the news?
Remember Hibees Jack Docherty and his contribution to comedy?
"An Englishman rowing the Atlantic ina bathtub hasn't been heard of in two weeks"

Then consider voting...

Channel 4's 30 Greatest Comedy Shows

Vote for Your Favourite Channel 4 Comedy

Why not vote for Absolutely?...

Channel 4 are celebrating their 30th anniversary by with a viewer vote to find the most popular comedy show ever on C4. Vote for Absolutely at:

http://www.channel4.com/apps26/play-win/30-great-comedy-shows/30-great-comedy-shows-competition/

Tell your friends tweet, stick the link on Facebook...

One Day Soon
05-07-2012, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=VivaPalmeiras;3285607]Remember Callum Gilhooley, MacGlashan reading the news?
"An Englishman rowing the Atlantic ina bathtub hasn't been heard of in two weeks"

Then consider voting...

Channel 4 are celebrating their 30th anniversary by with a viewer vote to find the most popular comedy show ever on C4. Vote for Absolutely at:

http://www.channel4.com/apps26/play-win/30-great-comedy-shows/30-great-comedy-shows-competition/

Tell your friends tweet, stick the link on Facebook...[/QUOTE

Isn't McGlashan First Minister now?

jgl07
05-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Too late the vote has closed.

Billy McKirdy
05-07-2012, 01:06 PM
I bought the complete series last year because I remembered it as hilariously funny at the time :thumbsup:
However when I started watching it second time around I must admit I was bitterly let down at how crap it really was :confused:
Apart from the excellent Callum Gilhooley and Morwena Banks little girl, the rest of it, give or take the odd scene and character, was pure pants and totally unfunny (or maybe I've just grown up now) :wink:
The Scottish Monty Python it most definately is not :confused:

Hibercelona
05-07-2012, 01:09 PM
"Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooofs!!!!"

Viva_Palmeiras
05-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Too late the vote has closed.

Boo - I just received the email this
Morning

Speedway
05-07-2012, 03:35 PM
I bought the complete series last year because I remembered it as hilariously funny at the time :thumbsup:
However when I started watching it second time around I must admit I was bitterly let down at how crap it really was :confused:
Apart from the excellent Callum Gilhooley and Morwena Banks little girl, the rest of it, give or take the odd scene and character, was pure pants and totally unfunny (or maybe I've just grown up now) :wink:

Morwenna Banks little girl was the worst part.

Stoneybridge Town Council and Peter Baikie's 'I can do anything' character were the highlights for me.

EskbankHibby
05-07-2012, 03:47 PM

:agree:,Callum Gilhooley, by far the best. "at the front of every queue is Callum Gilhooly", played by a jambo but quality nevertheless.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Gonna invent a time machine, go back to 1966 and shoot Geoff Hurst. Brilliant.

iwasthere1972
05-07-2012, 10:40 PM

Then consider voting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MnD7q7EFt0

1min 54sec. :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
05-07-2012, 11:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MnD7q7EFt0

1min 54sec. :thumbsup:

That's the fella

Lungo--Drom
06-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Absolutely was brilliant! Remember the sketch about the "tartan jock on the tractor" stopping behind the Mini Metro at the traffic lights? :faf:

Can someone remind me what the name of the spin-off show was called about the two guys living in a batchelour flat?

Then consider voting...

Lungo--Drom
06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Brilliant!!! They think it's all over, well it is now :faf:

Gonna invent a time machine, go back to 1966 and shoot Geoff Hurst. Brilliant.

micka_weer
06-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Can someone remind me what the name of the spin-off show was called about the two guys living in a batchelour flat?

Mr Don & Mr George

Hibs Class
06-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Morwenna Banks little girl was the worst part.

Stoneybridge Town Council and Peter Baikie's 'I can do anything' character were the highlights for me.

This. I can think of few things in any comedy programmes less funny than the little girl sketches.

Lungo--Drom
06-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Cheers Micka! I just remember it was really funny but totally offbeat. One of them wore a crazy pair of glasses, the wee yin with the curly top hair.

Mr Don & Mr George

micka_weer
06-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Cheers Micka! I just remember it was really funny but totally offbeat. One of them wore a crazy pair of glasses, the wee yin with the curly top hair.
Moray Hunter(?) had the odd specs mate :-) big Jack Docherty was just as odd, Absolutely remains one of my all time favourites!

SurferRosa
06-07-2012, 07:49 PM
I loved Absolutely. Don and George, McGlashan and The Family were ma faves....:faf:

NGP
07-07-2012, 10:19 AM
On the lavertory with Frank Hovis & the twitching guy (can't remember his name) - 'My ambition is to live forever. So far so good'.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Mr Don & Mr George

Get tae Falkirk! :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
08-07-2012, 11:30 PM
On the lavertory with Frank Hovis & the twitching guy (can't remember his name) - 'My ambition is to live forever. So far so good'.

Chadwelllll :)

jgl07
09-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Chadwelllll :)

It was Siadwell.

He once went to a fancy dress party as a smell.