PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound Racing

hibby rae
22-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Does anybody know if it's started in Wallyford yet? I can't see anything online. Or does anybody know if there's a place closer than Rutherglen?

MSK
22-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Does anybody know if it's started in Wallyford yet? I can't see anything online. Or does anybody know if there's a place closer than Rutherglen?Stadium/stand is no further forward ..political ping pong over land/costs etc ...tbh, cant ever see it being completed ..:agree:

s2hart
22-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I don't think Wallyford will ever get built, they've been talking about it for the past 15 or so years now. As for going racing, I think Armadale still race although it's an independent track, for official Greyhound board tracks only Shawfield in Scotland or Newcastle & Sunderland would be the next closest ones.

easty
22-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Me and the missus are going down to London next month and going to the dogs at Wimbledon, got a Groupon deal for £8 that gets us both entry, a drink each and a burger each. Not bad at all.

Pretty Boy
22-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Nae satisfaction in a dug, its over too quickly.

easty
22-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Nae satisfaction in a dug, its over too quickly.

There's condoms you can get that'll help you there. :wink:

aazza91
25-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Armadale race on a Monday and Thursday. never found anything online but only know this cause I'm living over the road and all i hear is dogs barking all night. especially right now!

Holmesdale Hibs
26-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Me and the missus are going down to London next month and going to the dogs at Wimbledon, got a Groupon deal for £8 that gets us both entry, a drink each and a burger each. Not bad at all.

I used to go there when I lived in Wimbledon a few years ago. Always had a really good time although never did better than breaking even.

There are a couple of pubs nearby but I've not been in either as they didn't look that good. If you're going out before I'd recommend Wimbledon Village and a taxi.

easty
26-06-2012, 10:29 PM
I used to go there when I lived in Wimbledon a few years ago. Always had a really good time although never did better than breaking even.

There are a couple of pubs nearby but I've not been in either as they didn't look that good. If you're going out before I'd recommend Wimbledon Village and a taxi.

Cheers Mikey.:aok:

s2hart
27-06-2012, 08:05 PM

You could also try the Corner Pin, boozer on the edge of the car park at the stadium or the Prince of Wales just around the corner from it, both are local pubs but you get the dog folk going there before racing starts, been a few times myself always seemed friendly enough.

Hope you have a good night, enjoy it as the place is close to closing for development!

essexhibee
27-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Ahhh Romford dogs. Classy place. Classy people.

If you like skinhead blokes big earing women and there ugly child to complete the overweight Mitsubishi shogun driving family. :greengrin

Hibspirational
28-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Went to the dogs (so to speak) in Galway. Had a fantastic time!

Chuck Rhoades
05-07-2012, 09:41 AM
My Uncle & Granddad run a successful breeding company if any posters are looking to get involved in the Greyhound Racing scene.

Both use to be passed out at Vexham Park, but moved to Foulden (just before England, near Berwick) to start their business around 7 years ago. Prior to becoming involved in breeding, they both owned Greyhounds.

www.questhousekennels.co.uk (http://www.questhousekennels.co.uk/)