PDA

View Full Version : Frankel

Pretty Boy
19-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Just wow. 10 lengths.

Really hope they step him up in distance after Goodwood, got tickets for the Juddmonte at York and that would be a likely target if they stepped him up.

Wonderful horse.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-06-2012, 11:36 AM
The August meeting at York is fantastic, pretty much went every year during the '90's, it can be a very messy few days!

Frankel was magnificent, the horse is a machine!

Pretty Boy
20-06-2012, 12:00 PM
The August meeting at York is fantastic, pretty much went every year during the '90's, it can be a very messy few days!

Frankel was magnificent, the horse is a machine!

Yeah been down the last couple of years.

Probably my favourite racecourse. Yorks no bad for a pub or 2 either.

easty
20-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Frankel was so impressive. The horses around it didnt even tire, but were left way behind when Frankel moved up through the gears.

I had backed Excelebration to win without Frankel (5/6), in a treble with Little Bridge (14/1) and Power (9/2). Power was massively dissapointing. Got stuck at the back a bit, but it was a poor ride from the jockey.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Frankel was so impressive. The horses around it didnt even tire, but were left way behind when Frankel moved up through the gears.

I had backed Excelebration to win without Frankel (5/6), in a treble with Little Bridge (14/1) and Power (9/2). Power was massively dissapointing. Got stuck at the back a bit, but it was a poor ride from the jockey.

Yep his stamina is frightening as is his turn off pace. I reckon he'll win over a mile and a quarter no bother at all.

His pedigree is like a who's who of breeding. By Galileo out of kind and 3/4s inbred by Northern Dancer. It's no wonder he's good.

'Conservative' estimates value him at £100M as a stud.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah been down the last couple of years.

Probably my favourite racecourse. Yorks no bad for a pub or 2 either.

Aye, you'll certainly not go thirsty in York!

Pretty Boy
01-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Just the 6 lengths today.

Can't wait to see him in the flesh in the Juddmonte in 3 weeks. He'll go the extra furlongs no bother at all imo.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Cannae see anything touching him at York, enjoy your trip mate.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Enjoy this PB! Atmosphere seems amazing. Reminds me of the affection the York crowd had for Persian Punch.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Long live the king! That was phenomenal!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2012, 03:01 PM
I burst out laughing when he came cruising towards St Nicholas Abbey, where now I wonder, The Arc or The Breeders Cup? The only sad thing about it was the state of Sir Henry, not long to go now for the genius unfortunately.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Indescribable.

Never seen a horse up close like it. When Queally shook the reins and he turned on the burners it was crazy, he was still running away after the line.

The atmosphere was brilliant, just a real feel good factor about the place.

Sadly not sure we'll see Frankel at the Arc and definitely not the Breeders. Interviews with connections today seemed to suggest back to a mile at Champions Day at Ascot then retired to stud. Shame as I have no doubt he could win either of the other two.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2012, 05:52 PM
You cannae say they havent been willing to run the horse, so, all the best to them whatever they do, the prices of his progeny will be interesting, I hope everything down below works for him with the ladies!

On a side note, big round of applause for Emma Spencer! Nice posh totty! :-) She might struggle against the Secret Escapes bird tho!
Claire to look forward? too on CH4 next year!

BroxburnHibee
22-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Hope the horse stays safe.

These wonder horses seem to meet some terrible fates.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2012, 08:00 PM
You cannae say they havent been willing to run the horse, so, all the best to them whatever they do, the prices of his progeny will be interesting, I hope everything down below works for him with the ladies!

On a side note, big round of applause for Emma Spencer! Nice posh totty! :-) She might struggle against the Secret Escapes bird tho!
Claire to look forward? too on CH4 next year!

No argument from me, they've run that horse plenty. Considering the injury he sustained in training they could quite easily have retired him quietly. He's their horse and they have to protect their investment.

I would just have loved him to win either of the aforementioned races to finally shut up the last of the critics. He's constantly acheived what they said he couldn't. Never beat a top horse, then he ran Canford Cliffs into the ground, wouldn't go over a mile then that today, the last criticism is he's never travelled, going to France or the US would end that talk. His stud value, if as you say alls well downstairs, is estimated at $100M so its easy to see why they don't want to risk a Spindrifter situation.

And the more we see of Emma Spencer the better imo.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Especially in yellow! ;-)

stantonhibby
23-08-2012, 12:20 PM
No argument from me, they've run that horse plenty. Considering the injury he sustained in training they could quite easily have retired him quietly. He's their horse and they have to protect their investment.

I would just have loved him to win either of the aforementioned races to finally shut up the last of the critics. He's constantly acheived what they said he couldn't. Never beat a top horse, then he ran Canford Cliffs into the ground, wouldn't go over a mile then that today, the last criticism is he's never travelled, going to France or the US would end that talk. His stud value, if as you say alls well downstairs, is estimated at $100M so its easy to see why they don't want to risk a Spindrifter situation.

And the more we see of Emma Spencer the better imo.

I'm heading to York this weekend and for the races on Saturday . Any top tips from those in the know ?? I need all the help I can get !

Pretty Boy
23-08-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm heading to York this weekend and for the races on Saturday . Any top tips from those in the know ?? I need all the help I can get !

Not had a look at Saturdays card yet but will send you a PM of a few to watch when I do.

Had winners in the first 2 today so up for the meeting thus far.

Saturdays card has some class handicaps though so sure thing tips are few and far between, fancies may he a more.accurate term.

stantonhibby
23-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Not had a look at Saturdays card yet but will send you a PM of a few to watch when I do.

Had winners in the first 2 today so up for the meeting thus far.

Saturdays card has some class handicaps though so sure thing tips are few and far between, fancies may he a more.accurate term.

cheers...........leaving tomorrow lunchtime for the weekend.........cannae wait

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2012, 10:33 AM
In big fields in races of 7f or more @ York i tend to concentrate on the horses drawn in single figures. Not paid much attention to the racing this week, apart from Frankels race, so, not sure how that idea has worked out so far.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-08-2012, 01:11 PM
In big fields in races of 7f or more @ York i tend to concentrate on the horses drawn in single figures. Not paid much attention to the racing this week, apart from Frankels race, so, not sure how that idea has worked out so far.

That wouldnae have been much use for todays first race!