PDA

View Full Version : Who knows Manchester?

CropleyWasGod
27-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Ok, people, I am looking for advice from anybody who knows Manchester.

I am driving down there next month, principally for The Stone Roses gig at Heaton Park. However, I am going there the previous night, for another gig.

I am needing advice about the car situation, and would welcome the views of anyone who knows the city, Heaton Park, and the best way to get around and back home. I have two options, I think:-

1. to get a hotel in the centre, that has a car park. Leave the car there until after the Roses gig, go back there and then drive home.

2. take the car to Heaton Park, suffer the long queues to get out afterwards, but get on to the M6 quicker.

Any thoughts?

lucky
27-05-2012, 10:40 PM
McDonald hotel just down from the station is a good hotel and has secure parking. I've stayed loads of times. It's also popular with EPL teams when they play the Manchester sides.

HH81
28-05-2012, 06:00 AM
You would think with the amount of Man u followers on this this board this thread would be on page 2 now :greengrin

Me personally I would do it this way.....

1. to get a hotel in the centre, that has a car park. Leave the car there until after the Roses gig, go back there and then drive home.

Just because i wouldn't be bothered sitting in the queue's.

IWasThere2016
28-05-2012, 12:13 PM
You won't regret it - reasonable, convenient, parking etc. - http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/MANWIL/manchester-north-middleton?cmp=GLBC

LancashireHibby
28-05-2012, 01:30 PM
It will be absolutely mobbed whichever way you try it, car parking situation will be a nightmare and there will be very little chance of getting a bus/taxi back in to town. That said, once you're in the centre then you'll be easy enough, though personally I'd just go down on the train if I were you - quicker and cheaper than driving.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2012, 06:25 PM
You would think with the amount of Man u followers on this this board this thread would be on page 2 now :greengrin

When I saw the thread title I thought it was one of them asking for directions :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
08-06-2012, 07:26 PM

Aye, very gid :na na:

CWG, if you're looking for somewhere nice but reasonably priced, the Copthorne on Salford Quays is very good. Car parking, five minutes from town with excellent access to motorway. You'll get to Prestwich in no time. Probably more convenient than staying right in the city centre, where getting in and out can take longer than getting to Heaton Park. Tram stop is right outside too, to get you into town in a couple of minutes.