PDA

View Full Version : Greggs McPake to sign for hearts

CyberSauzee
19-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Have been told our captain and season saviour will be joining the yams next week. Thought it best to get all the bad news out the way in one day.

BEEJ
19-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Have been told our captain and season saviour will be joining the yams next week. Thought it best to get all the bad news out the way in one day.
Just away and do one - troll! :cb

SteveHFC
19-05-2012, 11:04 PM
http://www.craigboyce.com/w/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Homer_Simpson_Facepalm1.jpg

SRHibs
19-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Obviously he's not going to the yams, but he's going to be offski anyway. Will be a wee bit sad to see him leave, but it's not the end of the world. Been a good servant to the club in his short spell here, so good luck to him! Shame the other 10 men around him didn't have the same fighting spirit, or we could've been singing a different song tonight. Hey-ho...

Saturdays Hero
19-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Obviously he's not going to the yams, but he's going to be offski anyway. Will be a wee bit sad to see him leave, but it's not the end of the world. Been a good servant to the club in his short spell here, so good luck to him! Shame the other 10 men around him didn't have the same fighting spirit, or we could've been singing a different song tonight. Hey-ho...

Spot-on unless Petrie decides to open the purse strings.

TheMentalHibees
19-05-2012, 11:14 PM
http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/nice-try.jpg

Stevie Reid
19-05-2012, 11:19 PM
If there are positives to take from McPake being here on loan, other than helping to keep us in the SPL, they are: -

- that having a genuine leader as captain makes a huge difference to the whole team

- Paul Hanlon (who previously looked like another promising youngster who had completely lost his way) showed how good a player he can be when played alongside a good partner.

HibeeHendo
19-05-2012, 11:20 PM
**** off

Liberal Hibby
19-05-2012, 11:23 PM
I'd be surprised if he ended up at Hearts - but it is not out of the question.

Romanov sniffs an opportunity with a weakened Rangers and might go for it.

What is now clear that our signing and youth policy has failed - we need to open the biscuit tin to just avoid relegation - when we should be in the top six as a matter of course. If we'd won today McPake might have signed - with European football to play. But without it we have now almost no chance. We have to be able to put together a whole new squad from scratch in two months with a manger who is basically untested at this level and with a youth policy that has stalled (unlike Hearts).

Unless we can start to make offers that attract the best professionals in the SPL from other clubs - like Ian Black - then we will probably go down next year.

There is little evidence that Fenlon's enthusiasm will be sufficient for us next time - particularly if we are not prepared to start matching the weekly wages middling SPL professionals can get elsewhere.

Now for that second bottle of wine... (on top of the various beers that haven't so far had the desired effect)

PapillonVert
If there are positives to take from McPake being here on loan, other than helping to keep us in the SPL, they are: -

- that having a genuine leader as captain makes a huge difference to the whole team

- Paul Hanlon (who previously looked like another promising youngster who had completely lost his way) showed how good a player he can be when played alongside a good partner.

I agree. I think a major part of the problem for the likes of Paul Hanlon has been the lack of leadership and proper role models to help and guide them. The young lads have had to take on a huge amount of responsibility - unfairly - instead of being allowed to develop their experience under expert tutelage. No wonder they are all terrified to do anything for fear of making a howler and bringing the wrath of the crowd down on them.

One Day Soon
**** off

I think you speak on behalf of all of us Lewis

leither17
20-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Heard a rumour that McPake asked for 3 grand and we wouldn't offer anywhere near it also that Swanson was in talks and he was offered half his wage at united Swanson has signed for a championship team will be announced at the end of his contract

SlickShoes
20-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Heard a rumour that McPake asked for 3 grand and we wouldn't offer anywhere near it also that Swanson was in talks and he was offered half his wage at united Swanson has signed for a championship team will be announced at the end of his contract

Hibs in low wage offer shocker.

I wish fenlon the best in the summer trying to bring in players, it definitely won't be an easy task.

McPake gave everything while he was here and that's all that we can ask from him.

Beefster
20-05-2012, 08:19 AM
I'd be surprised if he ended up at Hearts - but it is not out of the question.

McPake to Hearts was started on Sickbag in order to wind us up. It's absolute nonsense.

It's entirely out of the question - they can't afford to keep Black, Skacel or any other decent player out of contract this summer but they're likely to sign a player earning more than all of them?

BarneyK
20-05-2012, 08:24 AM
We have to be able to put together a whole new squad from scratch in two months with a manger who is basically untested at this level and with a youth policy that has stalled (unlike Hearts).

What has brought you to this conclusion? Was it the East of Scotland game where our Under 17s beat theirs, or the Under 19 league this year where we finished 3rd, winning 14 out of 22 and scoring 49 in the process? Danny Handling - 7 goals in 7 appearances on his loan spell to Berwick...mibbe that's what you're referring to...:hmmm::hmmm:

HibbySpurs
20-05-2012, 08:27 AM
It's no great surprise that if McPake asked for 3K per week we said no but it's truly demoralising that a club of our size wont pay this.

It's not as if every player needs to do this but 4 or 5 players on this salary (who perform to an according level) could make all the difference.

Sign 4 x players on £3K per week plus with bonuses an max of £4K from winning performances = a max salary of £208,000 per year or £832,000 for the four of them....

If the average price of a ticket at ER is £22 and the average attendance was say 10,000 thats £220,000 per game so 4 home games covers these salaries....

I know that's all very simplistic but come on none of the above figures are outlandish, surely we can afford that even if it means lacking a bit of stength in depth and having a smallish squad.:confused:

Pretty Boy
20-05-2012, 08:33 AM

Hibs offered wages in the £3k a week range to Andy Webster before he signer for Hearts.

I fail to see why we wouldn't offer similar to McPake if the manager deemed him worth it

BarneyK
20-05-2012, 08:35 AM
It's no great surprise that if McPake asked for 3K per week we said no but it's truly demoralising that a club of our size wont pay this.

It's not as if every player needs to do this but 4 or 5 players on this salary (who perform to an according level) could make all the difference.

Sign 4 x players on £3K per week plus with bonuses an max of £4K from winning performances = a max salary of £208,000 per year or £832,000 for the four of them....

If the average price of a ticket at ER is £22 and the average attendance was say 10,000 thats £220,000 per game so 4 home games covers these salaries....

I know that's all very simplistic but come on none of the above figures are outlandish, surely we can afford that even if it means lacking a bit of stength in depth and having a smallish squad.:confused:

Let's not take this rumour as gospel just yet. I'd be amazed if we refused him 3k. The only thing I'd say, there is the potential absence of Rangers from the SPL...

marinello59
20-05-2012, 08:35 AM

Even by hibs.net standards for a rumour to become FACT within so few posts is remarkable. The only thing we know about this is that we know nothing.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Why do folk keep defending Paul Hanlon?

So he needs another quality player alongside him to make him better ?

Wake the **** up folk, he's not good enough.

Now imagine this, two players with the talents McPake at the back.

Hanlon is weak, and all the other SPL players know it, he's a strikers dream.

HibbySpurs
20-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Even by hibs.net standards for a rumour to become FACT within so few posts is remarkable. The only thing we know about this is that we know nothing.

Yeah OK, maybe just the blues still making me a pessimist. TBH I'd be surprised if we cant/wont offer that sort of money:rolleyes:

cad
20-05-2012, 09:00 AM

McPake was the only bit of sunshine in a very dark season for Hibs ,£3k find that hard to believe ,
but if its true and £3k is out of our league thats pretty scary .
So a team of trying footballers costs £33k per week Hmmm ,Rod how much would it cost on a punters season ticket to get a team like that ,
or is the £400+ being payed already , more than enough.?????

20-05-2012, 09:01 AM
McPake has far more ambition than to go to hearts, if he goes (which I think he will TBH) it will be down south I reckon.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 09:05 AM

As ridiculous as that seems, this week has been a complete and utter nightmare and there is always 1 last thing to top it off.

I really hope this isn't it.

HibbySpurs
20-05-2012, 09:08 AM
McPake has far more ambition than to go to hearts, if he goes (which I think he will TBH) it will be down south I reckon.

I agree but it may depend onhis relationship with the manager. If there is a strong relationship there who knows? He may take the view that he can re-ignite his career at Hibs over the next season before getting a big move but I imagine Hibs will want a minimum 2 year contract signed wih the view of ££££ this time in 2013. I dont have a problem with that, godd buisness if it comes off.

In reality though I think he'll be playing down south again.

Hibees07
20-05-2012, 09:10 AM

Spot on mate, Hanlon has never been good enough to stand on his own two feet, to suggest he needs a good player supporting him is pathetic. If he cannot perform on his own get rid. I wish it was O'Hanlon & McPake yesterday, a physically stronger combination.

Baader
20-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Following in the footsteps of Riordan, O'Connor and Liam miller no doubt...

SneakersO'Toole
20-05-2012, 09:16 AM
You have got to ask yourself, why would McPake want to stay? Especially that shambles

Jim44
20-05-2012, 09:27 AM

........ and did you also hear that the word 'gullible' has been removed from the Oxford Dictionary?:rolleyes:

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2012, 11:52 AM
worryingly, Swanson was seemingly offered peanuts by Hibs and his girlfriend said no for him!

Only at Hibs eh.

I'd also get rid of our "scouting" network. It sure as hell doesn't work. What do they "scout".

Jones28
20-05-2012, 12:02 PM
**** off

Seconded

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Unfortunately you've got to ask yourself why he would want to play for us next season.

Fergus52
20-05-2012, 12:43 PM

clearly you're info is wrong as out AVERAGE is around 3.5k, i highly doubt we'de offer a weekly wage below our average.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Heard that McPake has had discussions with Hearts. Who knows what was said or agreed too?

Poo poo away but I heard this from a good source who is in the know.

Personally I don't think they can afford him as one poster has already stated they are cutting their cloth accordingly.

Who knows if they decide to meet 50/50 he could just be wearing maroon next season which would be an absolute nightmare and I'd probably never forgive RP for doing more to keep such s talent, who is everything we need as a club in abundance.
Signing McPake should be the start of our recovery, sadly I don't think that'll happen either.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 12:46 PM
clearly you're info is wrong as out AVERAGE is around 3.5k, i highly doubt we'de offer a weekly wage below our average.

Ha ha brilliant, top marks!

Fergus52
20-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Ha ha brilliant, top marks!

Someone posted it a couple of weeks ago on here, a table with all the SPL clubs and their weekly wage.

We were 4th and that's what it was, you don't beleive me look at the clubs accounts ffs.

TRC
20-05-2012, 01:07 PM
he still has a year on his coventry contract so us or the yams would have to pay a transfer fee can't see either of us doing that in the current financial situation in our game

Ryan91
20-05-2012, 01:35 PM
he still has a year on his coventry contract so us or the yams would have to pay a transfer fee can't see either of us doing that in the current financial situation in our game

Hibs have an option with Coventry to take him for £100k, I believe, so we aren't going to be paying big bucks for him.

Weir7
20-05-2012, 01:58 PM

Speak for yourself.

He wants £3k per week and 3 year deal. Hibs donwant to commit to that with his back problem. Also need to pay £100k to coventry.

Hibs offered £2500 plus £250 apperance and 2 year deal.

Scouse Hibee
20-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Speak for yourself.

He wants £3k per week and 3 year deal. Hibs donwant to commit to that with his back problem. Also need to pay £100k to coventry.

:agree: Spot on.

Beefster
20-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Speak for yourself.

If this is true, what the **** are Hibs doing haggling over £13k a year? Rodders and co have learned absolutely **** all since the days of John Collins.

paulhfc88
20-05-2012, 02:37 PM
you got to look at some players, even if we did offer them the same wages as a championship club, why would they want to stay playing in the SPL. The way the league is with the Rangers situation and the performance of hibs this season. Its an easy decision to move down south.

Westie1875
20-05-2012, 02:56 PM
If this is true, what the **** are Hibs doing haggling over £13k a year? Rodders and co have learned absolutely **** all since the days of John Collins.

Exactly, he hasn't had any problems with his back since he came here, get it done FFS Hibs.

Scotsgirl
20-05-2012, 03:02 PM

would it surprise you if i said the club are skint

ScottB
20-05-2012, 03:09 PM
would it surprise you if i said the club are skint

On the other hand, signing McPake for £13k a year more than currently offered (if true) would be a much needed shot in the arm for the support, might get us a bit up again, sell a few season tickets, some of the new kit when it launches etc.

Him going, especially if it becomes an accepted FACT that he wanted to stay and those on the edge after yesterday will go tumbling off it.

We'll be more skint from not signing him frankly.

Fergus52
20-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Speak for yourself.

source?

leither17
20-05-2012, 03:36 PM
source?

i heard it from a players brother

Eyrie
20-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Speak for yourself.

Then Hibs need to up their offer. If they're concerned about McPake's back, keep the basic at £2.5k but increase the appearance money to £750 to make up the difference. And give him the three years for stability and commitment, neither of which we have at the moment.

Fenlon has spoken out about the need to change the culture of the dressing room. McPake can provide an example to the other players, so he's worth that bit more.

Since90+2
20-05-2012, 03:58 PM
worryingly, Swanson was seemingly offered peanuts by Hibs and his girlfriend said no for him!

Only at Hibs eh.

I'd also get rid of our "scouting" network. It sure as hell doesn't work. What do they "scout".

No he wasnt. Hibs offered him a decent wage but he turned it down , the reason he said no is he is aware this is the time to try and make some serious money and he can get more in The Championship.

Hibs did not offer him 'peanuts'.

silverhibee
20-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Speak for yourself.

That bit puzzles me. That is s**t for appearance money.

Or has the appearance money dropped that far as i would take it every player gets the same appearance bonus.

Bostonhibby
20-05-2012, 04:24 PM

On the strength of what I watched yesterday we simply don't do the defensive basics at all, our full backs are a gift to anyone running at them and McPake was left to try and play several positions. Full backs who defend and can command their space / tackle are a must. We just back off until the attacking side decide what they fancy doing with the ball next, an average yam side got round and past us far too often.

Rather than have a go at Hanlon I'd actually just prefer to say we probably need a much harder more physical guy alongside McPake as part of any rebuild, we need experience and steel immediately, I agree that we are definitely an attackers dream, they know they ca blast past most of our defence.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 04:27 PM
If Hibs don't get McPake signed up by any means possible, then I honestly think i've had it.

McPake is our one shining light at the end of what has been an extremely long dark tunnel.

If he isn't in a Hibs top next season, then i've literally given up all hope.

Billy Whizz
20-05-2012, 04:31 PM
It looks to me like a bit of a negotiation between Coventy, Hibs and McPake's agent Mr Preston. If we'd one won yesterday he might have had more suiters.

gerry70
20-05-2012, 04:33 PM
That bit puzzles me. That is s**t for appearance money.

Or has the appearance money dropped that far as i would take it every player gets the same appearance bonus.

How about offering more in win bonuses?

DH1875
20-05-2012, 04:35 PM
You have got to ask yourself, why would McPake want to stay? Especially that shambles

Spot on. Even if it is 3k a week, he'll easily going to get that some place where he has a chance at actually winning some games.

No danger our average is 3.5k a week. Does make me wonder if the talk of us having the fourth biggest budget in the league is a myth though :confused:.

Hibiza
20-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Have been told our captain and season saviour will be joining the yams next week. Thought it best to get all the bad news out the way in one day. nonsence.

gbur123ukgb
20-05-2012, 04:41 PM
if it is true then shocking best defender we have had for a while and actually cares want to win.
Surely with all the extra season tickets scrooge could agree and extra misely 500 quid.
Have to say i think it is getting close to demostratinos and protests to get petrie out of the club get someone in with half a football mind think petrie had taken club as far as he could when the whole collins debacle happened it is time for him to go and now shut the door behind you rod thanks for your service.

scoopyboy
20-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Exactly, he hasn't had any problems with his back since he came here, get it done FFS Hibs.

Wrong, he struggled at Tynecastle and had to go down south for an injection.

The injection kept him out for 10 days, can't remember offhand what game he missed.

Hibs know that every time he gets the injection he's out for ten days.

Liable to happen for the rest of his career.

marinello59
20-05-2012, 04:45 PM
i heard it from a players brother

Is this the norm in all dressing rooms then that a random players brother would have detailed inside information of negotiations between the club and another player? I ask because I really don't know.

leither17
20-05-2012, 04:47 PM
No he wasnt. Hibs offered him a decent wage but he turned it down , the reason he said no is he is aware this is the time to try and make some serious money and he can get more in The Championship.

Hibs did not offer him 'peanuts'.

Was he not offered half his dundee utd wage?. You are right about the championship part though he is going to signing down there for next season Brighton is where i have heard

One Day Soon
20-05-2012, 04:49 PM
if it is true then shocking best defender we have had for a while and actually cares want to win.
Surely with all the extra season tickets scrooge could agree and extra misely 500 quid.
Have to say i think it is getting close to demostratinos and protests to get petrie out of the club get someone in with half a football mind think petrie had taken club as far as he could when the whole collins debacle happened it is time for him to go and now shut the door behind you rod thanks for your service.

The stench of Yam is strong in this one.

leither17
20-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Is this the norm in all dressing rooms then that a random players brother would have detailed inside information of negotiations between the club and another player? I ask because i really don't know.

im not sure thats why i said it was a rumour casue i cant say if its true or not but 2 other folk on here have said the same thing might be from the same player though

marinello59
20-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Was he not offered half his dundee utd wage?. You are right about the championship part though he is going to signing down there for next season Brighton is where i have heard

Was he offered anything at all? He made it quite clear in the press last week that he wanted to give England a go and had no interest in remaining in the SPL so why would he have even been talking to Hibs. . Still if we keep saying that the club offered him half of his Dundee United wage it will be FACT soon enough.

Brooster
20-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Hearts were looking at him before he signed for us. He is out for ten days each time he gets a back injection, I dont know how often that is though. No danger our weekly wage is anywhere near half of 3.5k a week. Petrie must open the purse and get good spl players signed and we must promote our best youth players quicker.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 04:58 PM

The injection kept him out for 10 days, can't remember offhand what game he missed.

Big deal if he has occasional back troubles.

The rest of our squad look like they have sore backs every weekend.

3kPW for McPake is nothing and we should be biting his fingers off. If its true that we're trying to re-negotiate this deal, then the club have a nerve and a half.

McPake would be a priceless signing for us next season.

scoopyboy
20-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Big deal if he has occasional back troubles.

The rest of our squad look like they have sore backs every weekend.

3kPW for McPake is nothing and we should be biting his fingers off. If its true that we're trying to re-negotiate this deal, then the club have a nerve and a half.

McPake would be a priceless signing for us next season.

Who said it was or wasn't a big deal?

I merely replied to a poster who stated he had no back trouble since he came to us.

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Who said it was or wasn't a big deal?

I merely replied to a poster who stated he had no back trouble since he came to us.

It wasn't directed at you.

I'm just clutching at straws hoping that RP is reading these threads. :wink:

Since90+2
20-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Was he offered anything at all? He made it quite clear in the press last week that he wanted to give England a go and had no interest in remaining in the SPL so why would he have even been talking to Hibs. . Still if we keep saying that the club offered him half of his Dundee United wage it will be FACT soon enough.

Hibs offered a deal so they did talk but he thinks he can get more by going to the Championship so thats why he said no.

Halifaxhibby
20-05-2012, 05:10 PM

Beat it you yam troll!!!, Hmmmm lets think about this for a second a player who was on the football scrapheap(due to injury not due to talent) gets a chance to play again and he himself has admitted it was hibs who rescued him, the guy is a leader and a perfect example of a hibs class of footballer, if hibs don't offer him a half million signing on contract to offset the shan wages we offer then the tache should be hung drawn and quartered. Why would he go to the yams when they can't afford to pay the players they've got let alone bring in new ones. He isn't yam class anyway, he doesnt groom children, get caught with a gun in his car or hang around toilets when theres blatant drug abuse going on.

leither17
20-05-2012, 05:12 PM

i will keep my mouth shut from now on then until i have FACTS ill make sure they are written in blood too :aok:

IanFaeClerrie
20-05-2012, 05:14 PM

I think it's because he is one of our best players.

We have 19 other players to improve on before we get to Paul.

marinello59
20-05-2012, 05:16 PM
i will keep my mouth shut from now on then until i have FACTS ill make sure they are written in blood too :aok:

Post what you want up. Rumour and innuendo is fair game for debate though surely?

scoopyboy
20-05-2012, 05:17 PM
It wasn't directed at you.

I'm just clutching at straws hoping that RP is reading these threads. :wink:

Fair enough wh.

Frazerbob
20-05-2012, 05:38 PM
Preston said on Sportsound on Friday night that he was out for dinner with McPake on Thursday night and that he still had a year at Coventry. As things stood he would be returning. However he also said that he would be delighted to stay at Hibs but no discussions had taken place. He also slipped in that McPake had "a few suiters". Pretty much standard agent chat from what I heard but the general opinion seems to be that he and his wife would be happy to settle at Hibs for a few years. I get the impression he could get more cash elsewhere but that doesn't mean we are out of the running. He seems to have enjoyed his time here and the length of contract is more important than the salary.

kentao
20-05-2012, 05:51 PM
i'm not surprised Mcpakes got back problems having to carry this shower of *****. He's been the first name on everyone's team-sheet this season. Petrie and co must do everything to ensure he signs on for next season.

GGTTH

muirhousehibby
20-05-2012, 05:56 PM

Only at Hibs eh.

Do we have a scouting network?

The days of getting players from france etc are long gone.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 06:05 PM
I think it's because he is one of our best players.

We have 19 other players to improve on before we get to Paul.

Most whom won't be here next season, regards Hanlon,........ Are you frikking serious?

He's murder, the sooner you lot realise this the sooner we can get on with rebuilding our team.

He's a weak link. I've seen it too many times.

I laugh when I hear people say he's got better with McPake by his side.

Of course he's better with McPake, what we need is another just like McPake, that would make us solid.

Sudds_1
20-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Most whom won't be here next season, regards Hanlon,........ Are you frikking serious?

He's murder, the sooner you lot realise this the sooner we can get on with rebuilding our team.

Of course he's better with McPake, what we need is another just like McPake, that would make us solid.p lose

yep..sooner or later you have to lose your nappy and stand on your own two feet. He's old enough now. If he can't play without a nanny beside him he's no use to us.

J-C
20-05-2012, 06:11 PM

Of course he's better with McPake, what we need is another just like McPake, that would make us solid.

I've been saying this for long enough, Hanlon has had 3 partners in central defence, he's the common denominator in our weakness there, get rid.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 06:14 PM
p lose

yep..sooner or later you have to lose your nappy and stand on your own two feet. He's old enough now. If he can't play without a nanny beside him he's no use to us.

I can understand why people have a soft spot for Hanlon but to put this feeling before that of the team being solid at the back is very strange to me, I just don't get it.
Hanlon may or may not become a good player but he's definitely a weak link in what is one of the most important positions on the park.

Colin191078
20-05-2012, 06:18 PM

Spot on about Hanlon, like the rest of the younger players they have went so far back the way it is unreal, Stevenson, Wotherspoon, Booth

Ireallywasthere
20-05-2012, 06:18 PM

They wont be signing anyone, they are having a clearout, both players and backroom staff. All the high earners will be leaving - just a pity they didn't **** off a bit earlier

scoopyboy
20-05-2012, 06:23 PM
I've been saying this for long enough, Hanlon has had 3 partners in central defence, he's the common denominator in our weakness there, get rid.

What have you got against Hanlon?

You have not posted about him being poor for a few weeks now, simply because he hasn't been. I predicted you would be on today moaning about him.

Has he soiled your taxi in the past or something?

You definitely have an agenda against him.

Westie1875
20-05-2012, 06:32 PM

I thought they'd said it was a groin problem he had that time (similar to what kept him out of the ICT match) but you obviously know better than me so fair enough.

Even with this, I still think it is worth giving him £3k per week if this is what he wants.

scoopyboy
20-05-2012, 06:35 PM
I thought they'd said it was a groin problem he had that time (similar to what kept him out of the ICT match) but you obviously know better than me so fair enough.

Even with this, I still think it is worth giving him £3k per week if this is what he wants.

I agree.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 06:40 PM

You have not posted about him being poor for a few weeks now, simply because he hasn't been. I predicted you would be on today moaning about him.

Could it be that he agrees along with a number of us that Hanlon isn't quite good enough rather than having an agenda?

Or if he does have an agenda, I'm thinking it might be to make us more solid at the back?

Wouldn't you like to see another experienced CH along side McPake?

silverhibee
20-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Hibs offered a deal so they did talk but he thinks he can get more by going to the Championship so thats why he said no.

So did you say that Hibs had offered him half the wages he was on at Utd, that would only be about £800 or round about that, plus i cannot see Hibs offering a player 3-3-1/2 k a week.imo

Since90+2
20-05-2012, 06:46 PM
So did you say that Hibs had offered him half the wages he was on at Utd, that would only be about £800 or round about that, plus i cannot see Hibs offering a player 3-3-1/2 k a week.imo

No I never said that.

Someone mentioned that he was offered peanuts by Hibs and I know this not to be the case as the wage he was offered was pretty decent in my book.

IanFaeClerrie
20-05-2012, 07:00 PM

Was he one of the guys who did not rate Rankin?

We have to prioritise our rebuilding efforts so unless we start from a blank sheet of paper, Hanlon would be my #4 on the list. If we have the money to find a better players than everyone, great but we need to focus on targets way ahead of Paul Hanlon. Personally, I think he has a fantastic first touch, he makes attacking headers when others wouldn't and he reminds me of Stanton in the way he goes forward prodding the ball with his foot.

scoopyboy
20-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Could it be that he agrees along with a number of us that Hanlon isn't quite good enough rather than having an agenda?

Or if he does have an agenda, I'm thinking it might be to make us more solid at the back?

Wouldn't you like to see another experienced CH along side McPake?

Could be, but I have noticed he hasn't replied to me.

I would like to see McPake and Hanlon stay together next season. McPake has spoken highly of him and that's good enough for me.

Plus JC, MP, JH, CC and PF all thought he was good enough plus he is highly thought of at the SFA.

Bostonhibby
20-05-2012, 08:11 PM

I would like to see McPake and Hanlon stay together next season. McPake has spoken highly of him and that's good enough for me.

Plus JC, MP, JH, CC and PF all thought he was good enough plus he is highly thought of at the SFA.

No taking issue with any other parts of your point Scoopy but Craig Thomson's highly thought of by the SFA as well, they even gave him a cup final! :wink:

scoopyboy
20-05-2012, 08:17 PM
No taking issue with any other parts of your point Scoopy but Craig Thomson's highly thought of by the SFA as well, they even gave him a cup final! :wink:

good point ma man.

Littlest Hobo
20-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Fair enough, but I'd expect McPake to say these things.
My opinion is that he's a weak link.
He does have good games and I'm sure he could become the player we all want to see but we need to build a solid defence.
I'm sick and tired of us being a soft touch.
Another player like McPake at the back for me please.

J-C
20-05-2012, 09:53 PM

Yes he's played slightly better but again when when he's really needed he disappears and plays a shocker, just don't think he has what it takes that's all, my opinion.

J-C
20-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Didn't reply immediately as I don't sit with my laptop 24/7, I do other things in the house. :confused:

Billychaotic182
21-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Seen this brought up in another thread and also heard this from a few hearts supporting mates. Does anyone in the 'know' know anything about this????

500miles
21-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Seen this brought up in another thread and also heard this from a few hearts supporting mates. Does anyone in the 'know' know anything about this????
Second hand source tells me that Hibs and Coventry have already done the deal, and Hibs have an agreement with McPake ready for the pre-season.

Paisley Hibby
21-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Sorry mate but I thought we've already had a thread about this...or did I dream it?

It's just Yamish wind up pish waffle if you ask me.

AlbertK86
21-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Second hand source tells me that Hibs and Coventry have already done the deal, and Hibs have an agreement with McPake ready for the pre-season.

The only way I can see this happening is if Fenlon and ROD have promised him another ten new committed players to go straight in the team with mcpake

steviehibsleith
21-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Not sure what Mcpake is after wekly but Hearts let Eggert Johnsson go to wolves - were only offering £1500 a week to renew. This is the same for Black hence hes off. Dont see how they will offer Mcpake more and RP should be making sure we keep Mcpake he will bring Hanlon on and help other youngsters like Booth while at the same timing being a great defender and captain for hibs.

Macaroon
21-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Would be genuinely surprised/pissed off if this was even close to true :confused:

joe t
21-05-2012, 07:08 PM

As far as i remember, in recent times Hibs players that have gone to Hearts have been Brian Hamilton and Mikey Stewart.

Would anyone else like to add to this thread those other players rumoured to be taking the same path that haven't?

I'll start the ball rolling

Riordan
O'Conner
Whittaker
Brown
Thomson
Killen
Jones
Boozy
Murphy
Miller
Stokes
Fletcher
Zemmama
Shiels
Benji
Mowbray
Me
My mum

S.sct
21-05-2012, 07:10 PM

Its bollocks end of.....

scott7_0(Prague)
21-05-2012, 07:19 PM
So what I heard was McPake wants 3k and a 3year deal, he has been offered 2K and 2years. His agent is Alan Preston ex-Hearts, who is touting him in Gorgie.

Just what I heard at the Edinburgh airport yesterday. Not one for starting anything normally, but this has came from someone who is in regular contact with current players, ex players and agents.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 07:25 PM
So what I heard was McPake wants 3k and a 3year deal, he has been offered 2K and 2years. His agent is Alan Preston ex-Hearts, who is touting him in Gorgie.

Just what I heard at the Edinburgh airport yesterday. Not one for starting anything normally, but this has came from someone who is in regular contact with current players, ex players and agents.

If I was RP, i'd have offered him 10k p/w if thats what he was asking for.

McPake would be priceless to us next season. He isn't only a great player, he'd make the players around him bust their guts in every game, i'm certain of that.

If what you say is true, then its an absolute joke.

Great way to get fans that are already beyond furious, even futher beyond!

sesoim
21-05-2012, 07:53 PM

Considering our wage bill for the year is usually around £4M each year (or about £78k a week), we could afford to pay 20 odd players more than £3k a week, plus bonuses etc. So frankly, I think these rumours are bull.

Unless McPake is looking for over £4k, I think we have a decent chance.

Eyrie
21-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Considering our wage bill for the year is usually around £4M each year (or about £78k a week), we could afford to pay 20 odd players more than £3k a week, plus bonuses etc. So frankly, I think these rumours are bull.

Unless McPake is looking for over £4k, I think we have a decent chance.

I just checked the accounts and that £4.2m figure is the gross wages for all employees and not just players, so it also includes admin, shop, ticket office, hospitality, maintenance and coaches. Don't know how much of it is for players though.

Kato
21-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I just checked the accounts and that £4.2m figure is the gross wages for all employees and not just players, so it also includes admin, shop, ticket office, hospitality, maintenance and coaches. Don't know how much of it is for players though.

...and the board.

Eyrie
21-05-2012, 08:07 PM
...and the board.

£400k, although I was thinking of them as part of the admin. But you're right that they should be specifically mentioned.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-05-2012, 08:08 PM
hearts have no money. That's a stark fact folk are forgetting. They have nothing.

keithkeith
21-05-2012, 08:18 PM
McPake is in Dubai for a week's holiday (not that it stops him from signing a deal with us?)

DH1875
21-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't think he will end up there. The £100k price tag is for us. Anyone else will have to pay at least double that. Coventry must be kicking themselves they put the clause in the deal.

Geo_1875
21-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Hearts don't know who their manager will be next season so I doubt they're lining up signing targets yet.

cabbageandribs1875
21-05-2012, 08:26 PM
If I was RP, i'd have offered him 10k p/w if thats what he was asking for.

McPake would be priceless to us next season. He isn't only a great player, he'd make the players around him bust their guts in every game, i'm certain of that.

If what you say is true, then its an absolute joke.

Great way to get fans that are already beyond furious, even futher beyond!

i am seriously delighted that you are not RP, you want the club to splash out half a million £/year on just one player ? and bankrupt the club at the same time ? this aint the championship:confused: even if you said 5K p/w no chance, i reckon 3k/3.5k(tops)/week is maybe possible

MyJo
21-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Hearts are releasing their two best midfielders who both adore the club and would run through brick walls for them because they are skint, they don't have any manager in place and the one who wants the job and just delivered the scottish cup to them is awhome certain if he has a job any more while the owner wants nothing to do with them and wants to sell ASAP. They are ****ed good and proper and will be in no position to be signin players like mcpake

DH1875
21-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Hearts don't know who their manager will be next season so I doubt they're lining up signing targets yet.

Their manager doesn't sign the players though :wink:.

scott7_0(Prague)
21-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Hearts are releasing their two best midfielders who both adore the club and would run through brick walls for them because they are skint, they don't have any manager in place and the one who wants the job and just delivered the scottish cup to them is awhome certain if he has a job any more while the owner wants nothing to do with them and wants to sell ASAP. They are ****ed good and proper and will be in no position to be signin players like mcpake

They can't afford to pay 10k a week, but 3k might just be affordable...... People are not thinking this right through.

Cropley10
21-05-2012, 08:32 PM
i am seriously delighted that you are not RP, you want the club to splash out half a million £/year on just one player ? and bankrupt the club at the same time ? this aint the championship:confused: even if you said 5K p/w no chance, i reckon 3k/3.5k(tops)/week is maybe possible

Bankrupt the Club?! Yer drama Queen.

Cropley10
21-05-2012, 08:33 PM

Black is leaving, who's the other one? That odious creep Skacel?

MB62
21-05-2012, 08:33 PM

I spoke to a friend of James just over a week ago and before I had heard anything about this rumour. His friend told me that at least James will not be signing for hearts, to which I replied 'I didn't know he was meant to be signing for them'. James friend told me it was a rumour doing the rounds but he can assure me, there is NO WAY he is signing for hearts.

I am happy with that and trust the source.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Bankrupt for increasing the wage limit on 1 player? :faf:

You must be the real Rod Petrie.

Dr Jimmy
21-05-2012, 09:05 PM
McPake posted on Twitter a few weeks back that he wanted to nip the rumour that he was going to Hearts in the bud. He said it was complete nonsense.
I am happy with that statement and its end of rumour for me.

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 09:20 PM
McPake is a good player in a very poor team.

In his short time here he has played in games where Hibs have lost 5 goals (twice) 4 Goals and 3 Goals and was probably at fault for Beatties goal at the PB.

I think peeps need to get some perspective if we had a good team there would not be this made clammer to break the bank for a good player. If he stays fine if he goes fine I won't lose sleep.

hibeemikey21
21-05-2012, 09:23 PM

In his short time here he has played in games where Hibs have lost 5 goals (twice) 4 Goals and 3 Goals and was probably at fault for Beatties goal at the PB.

I think peeps need to get some perspective if we had a good team there would not be this made clammer to break the bank for a good player. If he stays fine if he goes fine I won't lose sleep.

Beatties goal was 100% dohertys fault iirc

Dr Jimmy
21-05-2012, 09:26 PM

I am genuinely shocked at your post. Despite being factually incorrect, it is ignorant beyond belief.

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Beatties goal was 100% dohertys fault iirc

Who was standing on his own playing him on side ?
If Kujabbi can be blamed for the 1st on Saturday I am sure McPake may be man enough to stick his hand up for Beatties :cb

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 09:28 PM
I am genuinely shocked at your post. Despite being factually incorrect, it is ignorant beyond belief.

Sorry to shock you I will try to be more gentle next time

hibeemikey21
21-05-2012, 09:35 PM
If Kujabbi can be blamed for the 1st on Saturday I am sure McPake may be man enough to stick his hand up for Beatties :cb

Just watched it again on YouTube.

I would stand by what I said. McPake had no option but to drop off because Doherty wasn't tight to his man and Beattie was making the run from inside his own half, thus, wouldn't have been offside if played in early.

If Doherty had been goal-side, they could have both stepped out once Beattie was in hibs' half.

And trust me, you will be losing a lot of sleep next season if McPake doesn't come back!

Glory Lurker
21-05-2012, 09:39 PM

I know it's been a brutal few days, but am I so shaken up by the whole thing that I can't remember Beattie scoring? Maybe we all just dreamed different versions of the same thing? Has the game actually happened yet?

Part/Time Supporter
21-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I know it's been a brutal few days, but am I so shaken up by the whole thing that I can't remember Beattie scoring? Maybe we all just dreamed different versions of the same thing? Has the game actually happened yet?

He's talking about the first goal in the last league game.

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Just watched it again on YouTube.

I would stand by what I said. McPake had no option but to drop off because Doherty wasn't tight to his man and Beattie was making the run from inside his own half, thus, wouldn't have been offside if played in early.

If Doherty had been goal-side, they could have both stepped out once Beattie was in hibs' half.

And trust me, you will be losing a lot of sleep next season if McPake doesn't come back!

All about opinions I think he is a good player I hope he signs I still think if we had a good team there would be no clammer to break the bank to sign him.

5 Goals against Celtic and Hearts
4 Goals against Motherwell and Rangers
3 against Hearts
2 against several teams

He did not exactly shore up the defence we have lost nearly 2 goals a game since he arrived (he did not play in them all) as I say a good player not a great. No breaking the bank for McPake for me.

If we can let Deek, Broon, Thomson, Jones, Caldwell etc go without breaking the bank I am happy to pass on McPake too.

Still hope he stays.

Hibercelona
21-05-2012, 09:49 PM
All about opinions I think he is a good player I hope he signs I still think if we had a good team there would be no clammer to break the bank to sign him.

5 Goals against Celtic and Hearts
4 Goals against Motherwell and Rangers
3 against Hearts
2 against several teams

He did not exactly shore up the defence we have lost nearly 2 goals a game since he arrived (he did not play in them all) as I say a good player not a great. No breaking the bank for McPake for me.

If we can let Deek, Broon, Thomson, Jones, Caldwell etc go without breaking the bank I am happy to pass on McPake too.

Still hope he stays.

It's a bit hard to keep so many goals out the net when:

A) You haven't played in all of those games
B) You're the only football player in the team

Dr Jimmy
21-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Are you at the wind up or on something? Check your facts and then go to a few games, u will see the impact he had.

I ****in despair of people like u!

Glory Lurker
21-05-2012, 09:53 PM
He's talking about the first goal in the last league game.

Sorry - should have read back properly.

Also very disappointed to let go of the slim hope that we all had just dreamed it.

ScottB
21-05-2012, 09:54 PM
I think a Celtic supporter at work summed it up nicely today after watching Saturdays debacle:

McPake is trying to be a one man defence, constantly covering for those around him, he's trying to get himself in front of everything, so obviously sometimes he's been caught out, but if you put another player of his quality alongside him, or at least some other defenders that can do their damn jobs then he would be even better.

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Are you at the wind up or on something? Check your facts and then go to a few games, u will see the impact he had.

I ****in despair of people like u!

Don't despair I have seen plenty of him, he is a good player in a poor team.
He stands out so much as all around him are pissssh
He made a huge difference to the the general spirt of the team but we still got humped most weeks.

Would you really break the bank for him ? As I said I still hope he stays

PS sorry if "facts" are wrong enlighten me ?

Sammy7nil
21-05-2012, 10:02 PM
It's a bit hard to keep so many goals out the net when:

A) You haven't played in all of those games
B) You're the only football player in the team

We did not concede 2 or more in every game he did not play.

WeAreHibs
22-05-2012, 09:27 AM
McPake currently sitting in the Marriott in Corstorphine with John Colquhoun and a Hearts director.

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Thought he was in Dubai?

dp00
22-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Thats weird cause his wife said on twitter they were off to dubai ???

Having just checked her last post, it came from dubai so think someone may be telling porkeys

Darth Hibbie
22-05-2012, 09:29 AM
McPake currently sitting in the Marriott in Corstorphine with John Colquhoun and a Hearts director.

James McPake ‏@JamesMcPake (https://twitter.com/#!/JamesMcPake)
Thanks 4 all the messages regarding the call up. Away on holiday just now and phone is broke so any1 who needs me get me on @DawnyMcPake (https://twitter.com/#!/DawnyMcPake)

Expand (https://twitter.com/JamesMcPake/status/204861274482417665)

Reply (https://twitter.com/#)
Retweet (https://twitter.com/#)
Favorite (https://twitter.com/#)

He just posted this on twitter :dunno:

IFONLY
22-05-2012, 09:29 AM

Get a life.

Mikey
22-05-2012, 09:30 AM

Did you see this yourself, or has your Yam mate just texted you the news?

oldbutdim
22-05-2012, 09:30 AM

How do you know it's ' a Hearts Director'?

Just curious.

Hibbylad86
22-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Positive he is in Dubai with his missus. His mate tweeted last night that he has forgot his phone and will reply to tweets when he is back. He passes on thanks to fans for support etc.

His missus re-tweeted this last night.

WeAreHibs
22-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Did you see this yourself, or has your Yam mate just texted you the news?

A business acquaintance (Celtic fan) who knows McPake just called to tell me, he was in there having a meeting and spoke to him VERY briefly.

WeAreHibs
22-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Get a life.

Get a grip!!!!!

Beefster
22-05-2012, 09:35 AM

Beefster
22-05-2012, 09:36 AM
A business acquaintance (Celtic fan) who knows McPake just called to tell me, he was in there having a meeting and spoke to him VERY briefly.

Who's lying - McPake, his family and his missus or your 'acquaintance'? It's a toughie.

Jim44
22-05-2012, 09:36 AM

What a pillock to even consider writing this gash on this board. At best you want to have a gullibility check. :rolleyes:

WeAreHibs
22-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Positive he is in Dubai with his missus. His mate tweeted last night that he has forgot his phone and will reply to tweets when he is back. He passes on thanks to fans for support etc.

His missus re-tweeted this last night.

Just checked and saw this also. I cant think of any reason for my mate to make it up so unsure unless McPake's off later today???

WeAreHibs
22-05-2012, 09:41 AM
What a pillock to even consider writing this gash on this board. At best you want to have a gullibility check. :rolleyes:

So you telling me this couldn't have happened?

Beefster
22-05-2012, 09:42 AM
So you telling me this couldn't have happened?

He left for Dubai yesterday, according to his missus. So, no, it couldn't have happened.

dp00
22-05-2012, 09:43 AM
and this is when twitter is very useful ..... for quashing rumours before they starts

2 things, firstly if he was gonna meet anyone connected with hearts it would not be in edinburgh where they could be seen and secondly if he is lieing about being in dubai he has went to some extream lengths conidering various friends of his have tweeted him to relax and have fun , not just random friends but family as well

scott7_0(Prague)
22-05-2012, 09:44 AM

James McPake ‏@JamesMcPake (https://twitter.com/#!/JamesMcPake)
Thanks 4 all the messages regarding the call up. Away on holiday just now and phone is broke so any1 who needs me get me on @DawnyMcPake (https://twitter.com/#!/DawnyMcPake)

Expand (https://twitter.com/JamesMcPake/status/204861274482417665)

Reply (https://twitter.com/#)
Retweet (https://twitter.com/#)
Favorite (https://twitter.com/#)

He just posted this on twitter :dunno:

Maybe on holiday in Edinburgh and staying at the Marriott :greengrin:na na:

Pretty Boy
22-05-2012, 09:44 AM
There just isn't a facepalm big enough really.

bawheid
22-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Mummy....Mummy...I've wet the bed again....

WeAreHibs
22-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Looks like I may need to take it on the chin and not be so hasty in the posting in future. I should have checked Twitter properly but was carried away in the rage.

Apologies!

No need to be called a pillock though :confused:

MrSmith
22-05-2012, 09:51 AM

I thought you didn't do this anymore? :devil:

green glory
22-05-2012, 09:57 AM

Ha ha, that's cheered me up after a **** couple if days. Maybe an adult nappy and giant dummy-tit are needed lol.

kj79
22-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Looks like I may need to take it on the chin and not be so hasty in the posting in future. I should have checked Twitter properly but was carried away in the rage.

Apologies!

Being called a pillock seems to be getting off lightly in this case imo :na na: but at least you seem to realise error of ways :)

Rumours like these are scaremongering at it's worst particuarly at our clubs lowest ebb suffered currently. Lets not give the Yams another reason to laugh at us over panic at some wind-up going about! :flag:

Benny Brazil
22-05-2012, 09:58 AM

Apologies!

No you need to go back to your Celtc supporting mate and give him a kick in for winding you up

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-05-2012, 09:58 AM

:applause:

DH1875
22-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Just checked and saw this also. I cant think of any reason for my mate to make it up so unsure unless McPake's off later today???

Hope you gave your mate a good what's what for spinning you utter bulls*** :greengrin.