PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go from here?

SneakersO'Toole
19-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Let's face it, utterly embarrassed today in the biggest derby of all time.

Even if we win 20 derbes in a row, they will probably have the upper hand on us for our lifetime. Some will argue what has changed but now it is confirmed. Some will also confirm why give them the satisfaction but again but does it matter.

As I pull into Leith at this precise moment I see Sunshine on Leith. I'm starting to think if the sun is actually shining on us because just now I'm heartbroken. Heartbroken!

Heartbroken by a team that didn't give 100% even though the fans were outstanding and showed Hearts fans how it was done. Shame the team couldn't do the same.

5-1. Shameful. The ultimate defeat which cemenets our place in the history of losers. Will I continue to support Hibs? Of course, but I'm resound to the fact that we will forever be 2nd best.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:25 PM

Even if we win 20 derbes in a row, they will probably have the upper hand on us for our lifetime. Some will argue what has changed but now it is confirmed. Some will also confirm why give them the satisfaction but again but does it matter.

As I pull into Leith at this precise moment I see Sunshine on Leith. I'm starting to think if the sun is actually shining on us because just now I'm heartbroken. Heartbroken!

Heartbroken by a team that didn't give 100% even though the fans were outstanding and showed Hearts fans how it was done. Shame the team couldn't do the same.

5-1. Shameful. The ultimate defeat which cemenets our place in the history of losers. Will I continue to support Hibs? Of course, but I'm resound to the fact that we will forever be 2nd best.

Not so sure I would say our fans were outstanding, huge numbers walked out and turned their backs on the team in a Cup Final???

DaveF
19-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Not so sure I would say our fans were outstanding, huge numbers walked out and turned their backs on the team in a Cup Final???

I left at 4-1.

So what?

I stayed to the end at the 0-4 but didn't get (or want) any medals for that.

Don't go giving me ****ing grief for leaving when I want to. Vent your frustration at the board \ management \ players.

3pm
19-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Specifically in relation to the thread title.....the pub!

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 06:28 PM

Fans didn't turn their back on the team, the team turned their back on the fans.

Hearts were playing for their fans today, our team clearly weren't.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I left at 4-1.

So what?

I stayed to the end at the 0-4 but didn't get (or want) any medals for that.

Don't go giving me ****ing grief for leaving when I want to. Vent your frustration at the board \ management \ players.

Fans didn't turn their back on the team, the team turned their back on the fans.

Hearts were playing for their fans today, our team clearly weren't.

Great well done, you must be pleased with your efforts.....

Kenny1875
19-05-2012, 06:32 PM

How can you blaim fans for leaving early? What's the point in staying to watch a bunch of ***** who don't even show any desire to win?

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:34 PM
How can you blaim fans for leaving early? What's the point in staying to watch a bunch of ***** who don't even show any desire to win?

Well, it was a Cup Final, granted it was a poor display, but walking out??

DaveF
19-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Great well done, you must be pleased with your efforts.....

I'm not going to get into a bunfight with you in terms of uberfanism :greengrin but your dismissive attitude is more than a bit grating.

Take a step of your high horse now and again.....

DaveF
19-05-2012, 06:35 PM

Easy, he's an uberfan :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm not going to get into a bunfight with you in terms of uberfanism :greengrin but your dismissive attitude is more than a bit grating.

Take a step of your high horse now and again.....

Not on a high horse, just galled at the mass exodus in a Scottish Cup Final.......

7Hero
19-05-2012, 06:36 PM

so just stay and watch hearts lift the cup.. Don't think so..

DaveF
19-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Not on a high horse, just galled at the mass exodus in a Scottish Cup Final.......

Not as galling as your crass mass opinion of the Hibs support is......

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Easy, he's an uberfan :wink:

If you want to be silly and give me a tag, then bash on.....Suppose I have been called worse things?

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:38 PM
so just stay and watch hearts lift the cup.. Don't think so..

Did I say watch them lift the cup, no.....

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Not as galling as your crass mass opinion of the Hibs support is......

If you think my opinion is galling fine, we wont agree, but some of our supporters get the team they deserve.....

HibsMax
19-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I left at 80 minutes. 4 goals in 10 minutes. I don't think do. But what galled me more was the team I love not trying.

Yuillsy
19-05-2012, 06:40 PM
If you want to stay and watch those ***** ole every pass at 47 mins that's up to you but don't claim the moral high ground over fans that hate them so much they feel like leaving is the only option.

What badges do you get for staying till the end?

None, you only got the pleasure of watching a bunch of spineless losers picking up the medals they deserved!!!

7Hero
19-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Did I say watch them lift the cup, no.....

no but your questioning a lot of fans commitment, fans like me who have watched this ***** for years and can't possibly take watching anymore of that than we could.

the guys who stay till the end, like you, maybe you don't feel the pain enough ..

cleanyman
19-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Hearts own us for the remainder of our lifetime.

Theyve completely dominated us and won EVERY game that has ever truly mattered. 4-0 and 5-1 Hampden defeats......they will always be better than us....its no shame but we have to pick ourselves up and make sure we have a good SPL campaign next year. As for the Holy Grail? We'll win it one day.....its probability.

DaveF
19-05-2012, 06:42 PM
If you want to be silly and give me a tag, then bash on.....Suppose I have been called worse things?

Humour bypass?

It seems to be OK for you to have open digs at me and other's for leaving early, but all of a sudden I'm 'silly'......

I'm a Hibs fan and hurting big style. 25 years of support, costing many thousands of £££'s but it's been done out of love not because I need or want recognition on a messageboard.

So to see you criticise me for me leaving early hurts. You are no bigger fan than me. You might go to more games than me nowadays, but that makes you no more a fan than me.

Give it a ****ing rest.....

Baldy Foghorn
If you want to stay and watch those ***** ole every pass at 47 mins that's up to you but don't claim the moral high ground over fans that hate them so much they feel like leaving is the only option.

What badges do you get for staying till the end?

None, you only got the pleasure of watching a bunch of spineless losers picking up the medals they deserved!!!

Our team was in a national final, we dont get there very often, stuck it out hoping we could get 4 goals back....

ChooseLife

No one wants to watch their rivals going mental due to being multiple goals up with 10 minutes to go in the biggest game ever, it's like watching two men fight to the death and supporting one of them, then sticking around to watch the winner stab his knife in a few more times while the guy you wanted to win was already down and dead.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:43 PM
no but your questioning a lot of fans commitment, fans like me who have watched this ***** for years and can't possibly take watching anymore of that than we could.

the guys who stay till the end, like you, maybe you don't feel the pain enough ..

Very good, I am hurting very much, but crack on if you wish.....

Hiber-nation
19-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh come on, why would anyone seriously stay on when we were getting humped 5-1 with a man down with half the players appearing not to give a toss.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Humour bypass?

It seems to be OK for you to have open digs at me and other's for leaving early, but all of a sudden I'm 'silly'......

I'm a Hibs fan and hurting big style. 25 years of support, costing many thousands of £££'s but it's been done out of love not because I need or want recognition on a messageboard.

So to see you criticise me for me leaving early hurts. You are no bigger fan than me. You might go to more games than me nowadays, but that makes you no more a fan than me.

Give it a ****ing rest.....

Whatever........If you think I am looking for recognition you are sadly mistaken, must have been sad for the players to see so many leaving so early into second half.....

DaveF
19-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Whatever........If you think I am looking for recognition you are sadly mistaken, must have been sad for the players to see so many leaving so early into second half.....

Aye OK.

Clearly you are ****ing bonkers.....:greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
19-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Our team was in a national final, we dont get there very often, stuck it out hoping we could get 4 goals back....

Like you, I stayed to the end (out of defiance and sheer bloody mindedness).

Unlike you, I wouldn't be having a go at anyone who left early.

Get off your high horse man.

Hiber-nation
19-05-2012, 06:50 PM

I totally applaud your passion for Hibs but most of that lot gave us zilch today, no bottle whatsoever and they deserved to be playing to an empty away end for the last 10 mins.

Kenny1875
19-05-2012, 06:52 PM
I left at 80 minutes. 4 goals in 10 minutes. I don't think do. But what galled me more was the team I love not trying.

This x100 :agree:

Yuillsy
19-05-2012, 06:54 PM

You seriously thought we could get 4 goals back???

We were down to 10 men and were to busy standing off hearts and admiring everything they done as if they were Barcelona.

There's more chance of me going out tonight and nailing every bird in the saturdays than there was of Hibs getting 4 goals back!!!!

HibbySpurs
The problem with Hibs is wholly apparent, no stability in the team = no passion.

We turn over players like McDonalds turn over weekend staff, are you surprised we get F***ed in games like this?

My only hope is that today will be a watershed for the whole club, sometimes you've got to hit rock bottom before you can climb out the hole.

Going forward, the mnager needs to be given funds to build a backabone for a team to last for several seasons and not loan players who will bu**er off in January or at season end.

We must rebuild properley and stop tring to stick plasters on shotgun wounds.

More important we must sign players of "Hibs Quality", we only had one today in our captain but sadly I fear that was his last game for us.

Support must be given to the Manager ans he must be given time, his mission when appointed was to avoid relegation and he did that, sadly the team we had were only good enough to achieve that, he must clear the whole squad out and rebuild and if that costs real money then all eys are on STF because if he is not embarrassed and humilitaed enough by today to act then thanks for everything you did Tom but it's time to sell up to someone who'll take us forward.

Today hurts like hell and will take time to get over but we will be back because we are Hibs.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
Aye OK.

Clearly you are ****ing bonkers.....:greengrin

Yip, bonkers is probably a better title for me than uberfan......No comeback on that one......

Kenny1875
19-05-2012, 06:56 PM
And that's exactly how they should have felt after that shocking display. Maybe if they showed a bit of fight then peope would have stayed.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 06:57 PM

4 goals from where?

The players weren't even there today.

Who cares if fans left early, at least they actually turned up in the first place!

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:57 PM
You seriously thought we could get 4 goals back???

We were down to 10 men and were to busy standing off hearts and admiring everything they done as if they were Barcelona.

There's more chance of me going out tonight and nailing every bird in the saturdays than there was of Hibs getting 4 goals back!!!!

No I never seriously thought it, but even a second goal might have seen a wee charge, and not been as humiliating....Hey ho, thats what we do, scottish cup and us, never a great combo, if the famous five or the tornadoes could not lift it, are we surprised the current squad cant?

Yuillsy
19-05-2012, 06:58 PM

The players didn't deserve anything today!

Are any of them hurting right now as much as we are?

I seriously doubt it!!!

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:59 PM
4 goals from where?

The players weren't even there today.

Who cares if fans left early, at least they actually turned up in the first place!

Well hopefully we see three full stands at Easter Road next season then........

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 07:01 PM
The players didn't deserve anything today!

Are any of them hurting right now as much as we are?

I seriously doubt it!!!

Only the players can answer that one, but I would imagine some of them might be upset in doing themselves no justice whatsoever today?

DaveF
19-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Well hopefully we see three full stands at Easter Road next season then........

I'll be there as I have been for the last 20 odd years. Am I now exempt from your criticism or still a 'pot hunter'.

The_Todd
19-05-2012, 07:02 PM
sometimes you've got to hit rock bottom before you can climb out the hole.

GGTTH

I'm getting worried we haven't done that yet.

DaveF
19-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Yip, bonkers is probably a better title for me than uberfan......No comeback on that one......

I'll ask the Admins to change your title :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I'll be there as I have been for the last 20 odd years. Am I now exempt from your criticism or still a 'pot hunter'.

Let me have a fag, a coffee and I will hopefully ponder and reflect....OK, are we shaking hands (virtually) of course:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I'll ask the Admins to change your title :greengrin

NO, i like baldy foghorn, it suits me down to a tee......

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2012, 07:08 PM
NO, i like baldy foghorn, it suits me down to a tee......

I thought you were gonna kill some of these fans leaving at 4-1 today! ;-)

HibbySpurs
19-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm getting worried we haven't done that yet.

I'm just praying we have mate.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 07:09 PM

Haha Callum, me and my big gob.....Will I ever learn?

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 07:10 PM

The woman behind me made a point of telling me she was only going to the toilet, must have scared her??

HibbySpurs
19-05-2012, 07:12 PM
The woman behind me made a point of telling me she was only going to the toilet, must have scared her??

:faf: That's cheered me up a wee bit.

Yuillsy
19-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Only the players can answer that one, but I would imagine some of them might be upset in doing themselves no justice whatsoever today?

Not as upset as we are!!!!

Yuillsy
19-05-2012, 07:16 PM

Well done. You must feel like a real hard man.

Mikey
19-05-2012, 07:17 PM

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Not as upset as we are!!!!

Maybe we should try a different tact, like the italians, we should all go out and batter them all senseless with bats, fish, anything we can muster......:greengrin:

CallumLaidlaw
19-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Haha. Most likely.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Well done. You must feel like a real hard man.

It was a joke yuillsy, dont take everything you read as being serious.....

iain nolan
19-05-2012, 07:38 PM
we come back stronger from this lets not forget this team has been poor all season and they finnished 11th in the spl and we expected them to win us the scottish cup, all day we talked abouit great hibs players who never won:flag: us the cup and this squard off players will go in our history books after all as the worst and not the scottish cup winners.
i dont blame fans for walking out as they went from such a high to such a low .it went from the greatest hibee dream to a nightmare at 4 - 1. i know it would have been harder for some fans to walk than sit and watch as some guys always give hibernian 100% but they need something back from the players and today the team gave up at 3-1
so instead off being heros must off today players will never play at easter road again and pat can build his team he done what was asked and kept us in the spl .

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 07:42 PM

What a completely w4nk comment.

One Day Soon
19-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Theyve completely dominated us and won EVERY game that has ever truly mattered. 4-0 and 5-1 Hampden defeats......they will always be better than us....its no shame but we have to pick ourselves up and make sure we have a good SPL campaign next year. As for the Holy Grail? We'll win it one day.....its probability.

Jesus, the drama queens are out in full on drag tonight. You might be owned by Hearts, but I'm not and my team never will be.

sesoim
19-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I never leave early, but then again I don't generally go to games I expect us to lose - I didn't even bother to try and get a ticket for this one.

Full credit to every one who went today, but we were onto a loser from the start. This IS the worst team we have had since I started watching Hibs, so it was terrible timing for us to finally get Hearts in the Final. If only it had happened when we had Sauzee, Latapy......

Having said all that, Hearts can't keep spending £4M or £5M more than they are taking in each season, and we can't go on being this bad, so maybe next time we WILL be ready - and we will all have a reason to stay the whole game.

SneakersO'Toole
19-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Guys, I didn't want this to turn into “I'm a better fan than you contest“. Its been a horrible day.

We have been well and truly defeated. No complaints. Does that mean I support Hearts? Good one!

GGTHH

Hibees07
19-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Hearts will NEVER own me or the club I love. Yes they have had the upper hand in recent years but like Rangers they have cheated their way to any success they have had. They can have their moment of glory but we will always have our integrity intact.

FLHIBS
19-05-2012, 10:59 PM

dunno but it was sad for the fans to see the players leaving the game after 10 minutes.......so were are supposed to stay when they left ?...don't think so !

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Apart from maybe. Mcpake we need a total clear out next season,the entire team needs punted , hibs have been ***** this season, we need a clear out.

Hibernia&Alba
19-05-2012, 11:19 PM
We've an enormous re-building job ahead, and not just on the pitch. The whole club is demoralised and today just put the lid on it. The past four years or so have been utterly miserable. Where we should now go is down the path of root and branch change in the way we operate. The club is drifting without a sense of direction, which is ultimately the responsibility of the board.

We must use today as a watershed moment; a low point from which we determine to rise. Never again should we allow ourselves to be placed in this dreadful position. We need real leadership and a proper plan to utulise the club's full potential. The entire club needs shaking up. I can't believe we achieving anything like our potential just now.

jacomo
20-05-2012, 12:05 AM

We were discussing walking out at 4-1, when the 5th went in and leaving became the only rational option. I applaud those who stayed to the bitter end, but the fans turned up. Shame the team didn't.