PDA

View Full Version : Had enough [thread dredged from last May]

SteveHFC
19-05-2012, 03:50 PM
I won't be back next season. Worst game ever!

HNA6
19-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I won't be back next season. Worst game ever!Ta ta then ..

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Ta ta then ..

Happy clapper alert.....already???

:wink:

The_Todd
19-05-2012, 04:08 PM
He won't be the only one feeling that way, I think a lot of STs are about to be returned.

Pretty Boy
19-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Normally I'd say that was an over reaction but after that?

That really was the worst, it will take a long, long time for me to feel any positivity about Hibs again.

The players will swan off and get their pay cheques from whatever club they weren't good enough for then enjoy a months holiday. We have to go and take the pish in work for the next weeks, months and years.

Not deserving of our support, not fit to wear the shirt.

HNA6
19-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Happy clapper alert.....already???

:wink:Happy clapper ..?...no Im as ****ed off as anyone else ..next season however will be different ..Im not a bedwetter though ..

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Happy clapper ..?...no Im as ****ed off as anyone else ..next season however will be different ..Im not a bedwetter though ..

Hope your right pal, but with the Farmer/Petrie axis I'm not holding out much hope

Ray_
19-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Happy clapper ..?...no Im as ****ed off as anyone else ..next season however will be different ..Im not a bedwetter though ..

You're right, we most likely won't be anywhere near a final to get the p£ss ripped all over us!

Twiglet
19-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Despite todays performance I will be back. Hibs are my team and as painful as it was today I will support them to the end.

virtualhibby
19-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Hibs need a change from top to bottom. Great time for Farmer to sell up, finally give Petrie his long overdue jotters and get a management team in place that can instill belief in a team. How can teams like Hearts and Dundee UTD regularly outperform Hibs, play with class and belief and put up a decent fight against the old firm. Hibs are often 3-0 down before a ball is kicked.

Credit to all the fans who went and believed. Badly let down again.

Hermit Crab
19-05-2012, 04:36 PM
He won't be the only one feeling that way, I think a lot of STs are about to be returned.

Good luck with that, they will still have to pay for them.

zero-seven
19-05-2012, 04:42 PM
just as well we didnt face a decent team in the final//like smeltic or Ross county, or motherwell, or St Js. or killie, or st mirren or dufc or the huns youth team or spartans , or .....wtf..dont give a **** any more..we were brutal

cocopops1875
19-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Hibs need a change from top to bottom. Great time for Farmer to sell up, finally give Petrie his long overdue jotters and get a management team in place that can instill belief in a team. How can teams like Hearts and Dundee UTD regularly outperform Hibs, play with class and belief and put up a decent fight against the old firm. Hibs are often 3-0 down before a ball is kicked.

Credit to all the fans who went and believed. Badly let down again.

Just out of interest you financial whizz you who wants to buy Hibs ?

davhibby
19-05-2012, 04:52 PM
I know we were terrible today but that is not what supporting is about. You support them through good times and bad. If we get to a cup final next year I'm sure you will be straight back

7Hero
19-05-2012, 04:57 PM
I know we were terrible today but that is not what supporting is about. You support them through good times and bad. If we get to a cup final next year I'm sure you will be straight back

I've supported them for 30 years, enough is enough now.

won't return until the board and owner are changed.

imagine forcing people to buy season tickets to watch that, imagine ruining the club by penny pinching and selling your best players, and imagine building a stadium and training ground which make EFF all difference.

Complete numpties who know nothing about football and will not get another penny from me..

nothing to do with being a fan or not, i have seen almost a thousand hibs games, right now ill be lucky to see 1 ever again..

KingFranck
19-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I made a decision weeks ago not to renew my ST and after today convinced that was correct decision Hibs have lost 3 generations of Hibees this season me my kids my brother and dad well done Petrie and all staff.
Used to watch Sauzee Rae Hunter Collins O'Neill (Michael and John) Latapy Broonie I could go on and on but is the team I've had to suffer this season the best we can expect ?
If the answer is yes then I wont be back.

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 05:00 PM

The menalties been the same for many many many years, it wont be any different next season.

We'll continue to roll over to Hearts, regardless of who they field.

We're absolute cowards.

Yuillsy
19-05-2012, 05:19 PM
I've had enough. I've got 2 kids a Mrs on statutory maternity pay and an average salary at best myself. I then spend my hard earned and much needed cash on those bunch of bottle merchants.
All i ask for is a bit commitment but today every one of them was completely spineless. I've renewed for next year but whether i actually go or not is a different story!!!

virtualhibby
19-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Just out of interest you financial whizz you who wants to buy Hibs ?

That's what I love about people like you on these forums...people voice an opinion and you all start bickering amongst yourselves and trying to have a go at each other. Makes ma larf. :-)

Steve20
19-05-2012, 05:20 PM
I won't be back either. An utter disgrace.

c31
19-05-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm finished as well, 45 years of supporting Hibs has now ended, it has been getting worse and worse but today was a disgrace, a complete slap in the face to all Hibs fans.

There will need to massive bridge building to get this club back in favour with the fans. Six of us have been season tickets for more years that I care to remember but were all finished - game over, good night Vienna.

And to all the Hibs players who went out there today - YOU ARE A ****IN DISGRACE TO THE JERSEY.

end off.......

cocopops1875
19-05-2012, 05:25 PM
That's what I love about people like you on these forums...people voice an opinion and you all start bickering amongst yourselves and trying to have a go at each other. Makes ma larf. :-)

Great comeback, I asked a simple question and in case you didn't understand it I shall reiterate it, anyone who says farmer should sell can you suggest any willing buyers ?. Simple question nae answers

Hal Jordan
19-05-2012, 05:26 PM
After enduring that 90 minutes in a Danish pub next to a couple of Hearts supporters, I can safely say I won't even go back to watch that garbage on Sky in the pub.
I've seen Hibs relegated twice and lose THAT final to Livi, but this has to be the most embarassed and depressed I've ever felt at being a Hibby.

N.Wales Hibby
19-05-2012, 05:29 PM
We knew for a while that this was not a good Hibs team but what disappointed and hurt me most is them knowing how much this game meant to us, showed no passion, desire or fight. They owed us that.

virtualhibby
19-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Great comeback, I asked a simple question and in case you didn't understand it I shall reiterate it, anyone who says farmer should sell can you suggest any willing buyers ?. Simple question nae answers

Cocopops. Read the words. I did not say I had a buyer did I? Highlight the words if I did. In voicing my opinion I suggested it was time for a change at hibs. I admit, it's true I am not a financial whizzkid, but that does not mean I can't air my views - unless you are the owner of this forum and its against the rules? The other thing I'd be happy to do is listen and critique your grand plan or views. I accept they may well be better than my view but I will respect your views.

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2012, 05:43 PM
So all of you who are not going back, do you mean to Hampden or Easter Rd??

You'll be back next year if we're in a cup final.

You can all p*** off as far as I'm concerned. ******g fair weather, glory hunting bassas.:take that

Hibs 'till I die.

c31
19-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Easter road I mean - this team is an embarrassment and if ur happy watching Hibs laying down to these ***** then on you go..

cocopops1875
19-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Cocopops. Read the words. I did not say I had a buyer did I? Highlight the words if I did. In voicing my opinion I suggested it was time for a change at hibs. I admit, it's true I am not a financial whizzkid, but that does not mean I can't air my views - unless you are the owner of this forum and its against the rules? The other thing I'd be happy to do is listen and critique your grand plan or views. I accept they may well be better than my view but I will respect your views.
My point is that "its time to sell" is a throw away statement as Hibs are for sale as we speak, there are no buyers

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Easter road I mean - this team is an embarrassment and if ur happy watching Hibs laying down to these ***** then on you go..

Not happy at all, but no way am I going to turn my back on MY club because of a defeat to them.

Thick and thin and all that. We'll be back much bigger and better in the future and I'll be there. You'll miss out.

Hiber-nation
19-05-2012, 05:55 PM
All this "manning up" was a complete joke, not one person who seemed convinced we woiuld win today had any idea how we were actually going to do it other than hearts having a complete off day and us somehow playing out of our skin for the first time in about 4 seasons.

Bollox to the lot of them, except McPake, losers.

Golden Bear
19-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Aye ye will.

Cropley10
19-05-2012, 06:00 PM
imagine forcing people to buy season tickets to watch that.

Will be interesting to see what happen when New Club Rangers are allowed straight back in the SPL

Hibercelona
19-05-2012, 06:00 PM
All this "manning up" was a complete joke, not one person who seemed convinced we woiuld win today had any idea how we were actually going to do it other than hearts having a complete off day and us somehow playing out of our skin for the first time in about 4 seasons.

Bollox to the lot of them, except McPake, losers.

Was listening to Billy Brown on the radio and he basically sums up whats wrong with the club.

Statements like "We were hoping for Hearts to have an off day" made me sick to my stomach.

virtualhibby
19-05-2012, 06:04 PM
My point is that "its time to sell" is a throw away statement as Hibs are for sale as we speak, there are no buyers

That may be so. If they are then I am not aware of that, but the point is that there is something fundamentaly wrong at Hibs and its hard to see how bringing in a new manager or better players will change this. My view is that it do wonder that even if the likes of Sir Alex or the likes could make us stop bottling it and constantly underperforming.

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:06 PM

Good, the type of "fan" we could do without....

essexhibee
19-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I feel so terribly sorry for those that travelled thousands of miles from around the world to see that and paid all that money.

WhileTheChief..
19-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Whatever mate.

We're all hurting right now but are the players????

Why should we turn up week in week out spending our cash and getting that in return?
In a Hibs crowd that size there was bound to be some glory hunters but to label

Fair point. Just angry myself and maybe got a wee bit carried away there. No offence.:thumbsup:

Yuillsy
19-05-2012, 06:10 PM
So all of you who are not going back, do you mean to Hampden or Easter Rd??

You'll be back next year if we're in a cup final.

You can all p*** off as far as I'm concerned. ******g fair weather, glory hunting bassas.:take that

Hibs 'till I die.

Whatever mate.

We're all hurting today but are the players???

In a Hibs crowd that size there was bound to be a few glory hunters but to label everyone who's had enough a glory hunter is just childish.

Mikeystewart
19-05-2012, 06:19 PM

Good, we don't need that attitude at this club.

cocopops1875
19-05-2012, 06:24 PM
That may be so. If they are then I am not aware of that, but the point is that there is something fundamentaly wrong at Hibs and its hard to see how bringing in a new manager or better players will change this. My view is that it do wonder that even if the likes of Sir Alex or the likes could make us stop bottling it and constantly underperforming.

See this I agree with, Hibs are not activity seeking a buyer but could be bought if there is interest sadly there is not. I'm not picking arguments just hate the go to "STF should sell" or that other classic "get Petrie out" statements that get chucked about

AlbertK86
19-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Out of the current team none of them bar maybe McPake would have got anywhere near Turnbull, mcLeish or Mowbrays teams.

Problem is we lost our best Scout ever in John Park, sold on the golden generation that he brought to the club.
That paid for stand and training ground which Petrie took credit for.

Replaced Park with some nomark cause he was related to one of the board !! Only at Hibs

We need major changes at every department of the club

ChooseLife
19-05-2012, 06:34 PM
we lost the biggest game in our history today, it will never ever get bigger, which means if we ever did win the cup, it would never be as special as it would have been had we won today, the only thing that can come close to making this better is if hibs and hearts meet next season in the final, which wont happen.

Music, food and television are alot more exciting and entertaining than supporting hibs, I'm investing in that next season :aok:

brianmc
19-05-2012, 06:39 PM
After that spineless,shambolic, woeful performance I am absolutely scunnered and ****in raging anaw-but I'll be back, it's what I do. Hibs are my team ALWAYS-not just when the chance of glory comes round.
All in the garden of Hibernian definitely isn't well at the moment -but I'll be there through thin and thinner hoping for the kind of day out we had a few years back when we pumped Killie. Not demanding or FFS expecting a day like that, but supporting and hoping for it!
This is life as a hibee, mostly it's hard to take, sometimes it's absolutely ****in brilliant.... Like it or lump it-but it's ALWAYS been like this.
If you want to turn up at a stadium expecting/ demanding to see your team win then it's time you picked another team.
GGTTH

MSK
19-05-2012, 06:39 PM
we lost the biggest game in our history today, it will never ever get bigger, which means if we ever did win the cup, it would never be as special as it would have been had we won today, the only thing that can come close to making this better is if hibs and hearts meet next season in the final, which wont happen.

Music, food and television are alot more exciting and entertaining than supporting hibs, I'm investing in that next season :aok:Bye then ..

Baldy Foghorn
19-05-2012, 06:41 PM
After that spineless,shambolic, woeful performance I am absolutely scunnered and ****in raging anaw-but I'll be back, it's what I do. Hibs are my team ALWAYS-not just when the chance of glory comes round.
All in the garden of Hibernian definitely isn't well at the moment -but I'll be there through thin and thinner hoping for the kind of day out we had a few years back when we pumped Killie. Not demanding or FFS expecting a day like that, but supporting and hoping for it!
This is life as a hibee, mostly it's hard to take, sometimes it's absolutely ****in brilliant.... Like it or lump it-but it's ALWAYS been like this.
If you want to turn up at a stadium expecting/ demanding to see your team win then it's time you picked another team.
GGTTH

Spot on, some sense on this board at last.....

cad
19-05-2012, 07:00 PM
I didnt see anything in our season that would make me think we were capable of winning today ,
I hoped for a Hibs win .

Fenlon saved us from the drop thats it , as for our players you could terminate every contract and start again and get a better result.
Mc Pake would be a great signing a start. wouldnt hold your breath tho

WE played within our means today magic eh ,to sell season tickets on the back of a humbling like that will be some task ,very peed off but used to it ,maybe next year .

IWasThere2016
19-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I feel so terribly sorry for those that travelled thousands of miles from around the world to see that and paid all that money.

Yup - we spoke to a boy who'd flown fae Oz, bought a hospy ticket etc .. Days of travel and thousands wasted!

virtualhibby
19-05-2012, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE=cocopops1875;3234431]See this I agree with, Hibs are not activity seeking a buyer but could be bought if there is interest sadly there is not. I'm not picking arguments just hate the go to "STF should sell" or that other classic "get Petrie out" statements that get chucked about.

I dont particularly blame STF. He saved Hibs and wants to play the role of a sleeping owner but if there was a buyer I think it might bring about a lot of change that is IMHO required. I really do have a beef with Petrie. He runs the club too much like a business and forgets that its first and foremost a football club. The club might have become financlally well run during his stewardship, but its no coincidence that for the most part, at the same time they have become a worse football team and not really challenged or won anything. Certainly not as much a DU or the likes or even motherwell !! Its just my view, but I'd prefer not to watch Hibs die by not being attractive or appealing to the customer if thats the flipside of uber financial focus.

I know how these fans who are making emotional statements about not going back feel. I made that very decision while Hughes was the manager and promised I would vote with my feet not go back until Hughes and Petrie were out as I felt neither were good for Hibs. I dont regret this one bit even tho I was at the time I had been going for 40 years and a ST holder for more half of that time. It feels like tough love a bit, but I am not prepared to watch hibs slowly be strangled and keep that mustached twat in a job. Problem is you become detached and wean yourself off it and the dependency on the Saturday fix wanes. Petrie et al are making many long time hibbys walk away and have their vote heard the only way they can.

SaudiHibby
23-05-2012, 01:29 PM

You know something we had an absolute blast up until the start of the second half. The trip over was great, the buzz in the build up great, the atmosphere in the HI in East Kilbride reinforced my decision to spend nearly 5 grand and the walk up and first half was tremendous. We were cheated out of at best a win that would have done me for life or at worst another chance to dance around like a 10 year old with another goal. I hope those who are going back give it large to Thompson when he is next at Easter Road a you will be doing it for all of us. I was a hibby, am a hibby and will be a hibby regardless of one result :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Good, the type of "fan" we could do without....

No its not good BF, thats just the kind of comment that alienates folk who are pissed off, and make these statements in the heat of the moment even more unlikely to come back.

We cant do with any fans leaving us, and those who do we need to entice back.

I have a season ticket for next season, but i'm buggered if i will use it as frequently as i did this season.

Unless things change, you might be in a crowd of 4 or 5 thousand in a few years time, begging those to come back?

Some people have more important things in their life than Hibs, maybe not you BF but others see it differently, we need every type of fan.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 01:45 PM

Come back and support Hibs. I don't mean the players from Saturday or the board or the accounts or the infrastucture. I mean the club. Staff will come and go but Hibs will remain. Fans come and go too but they generally stick around for a lot longer. I would say that the fans make us what we are more than anything else - speaking about over the decades.

Do not let that one game, those pitiful performances sour your love for Hibs. Remember the good times. They are few and far between but they are worth it!

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 01:47 PM

I wouldn't say that's the best turn of phrase for an Admin to use. Pretty insulting if you ask me. Incontinence is not a joke (although this sentence is). ;)

$0.02.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I've supported them for 30 years, enough is enough now.

won't return until the board and owner are changed.

imagine forcing people to buy season tickets to watch that, imagine ruining the club by penny pinching and selling your best players, and imagine building a stadium and training ground which make EFF all difference.

Complete numpties who know nothing about football and will not get another penny from me..

nothing to do with being a fan or not, i have seen almost a thousand hibs games, right now ill be lucky to see 1 ever again..

I know exactly the point you are trying to make but nobody forced you into buying a season ticket.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 01:51 PM
The menalties been the same for many many many years, it wont be any different next season.

We'll continue to roll over to Hearts, regardless of who they field.

We're absolute cowards.

Nah, you can't say that. If that's the case then how would ANY team reverse a downward trend? If we had the same playing staff next season then I would agree with you but from what I understand next season's team is going to be substantially different than the team that fought so bravely on Saturday :rolleyes: :wink:

I think we need to wait and see how the club responds before making any predictions for next season.

If anyone sees Petrie trying to dribble between cones then it's time to worry.

StokePogesHibs
23-05-2012, 02:10 PM
You know something we had an absolute blast up until the start of the second half. The trip over was great, the buzz in the build up great, the atmosphere in the HI in East Kilbride reinforced my decision to spend nearly 5 grand and the walk up and first half was tremendous. We were cheated out of at best a win that would have done me for life or at worst another chance to dance around like a 10 year old with another goal. I hope those who are going back give it large to Thompson when he is next at Easter Road a you will be doing it for all of us. I was a hibby, am a hibby and will be a hibby regardless of one result :thumbsup:

Exactly how I feel.:top marks

Famous5forever
23-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Out of the current team none of them bar maybe McPake would have got anywhere near Turnbull, mcLeish or Mowbrays teams.

Problem is we lost our best Scout ever in John Park, sold on the golden generation that he brought to the club.
That paid for stand and training ground which Petrie took credit for.

Replaced Park with some nomark cause he was related to one of the board !! Only at Hibs

We need major changes at every department of the club

How long have we been saying this for now it seems like years and the problem is we are getting worse and worse every year Paddy has got us to the cup final which has only papered over the cracks Petrie is the one i blame for this mess

Hibercelona
23-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Nah, you can't say that. If that's the case then how would ANY team reverse a downward trend? If we had the same playing staff next season then I would agree with you but from what I understand next season's team is going to be substantially different than the team that fought so bravely on Saturday :rolleyes: :wink:

I think we need to wait and see how the club responds before making any predictions for next season.

If anyone sees Petrie trying to dribble between cones then it's time to worry.

I personally don't think players are our soul problem.

We could bring in great/highly rated players to the club and they still wouldn't perform under us.

I can't help feeling that their is much more going on behind the scenes, I don't know what it is, but something certainly doesn't add up.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I personally don't think players are our soul problem.

We could bring in great/highly rated players to the club and they still wouldn't perform under us.

I can't help feeling that their is much more going on behind the scenes, I don't know what it is, but something certainly doesn't add up.

I definitely agree with that. Hard to argue when you consider we have had lots of new players and managers. But with new playing staff comes new hope and that's what I am clinging to. There are only so many managers and players that the board can bring in before the fans eventually turn and leave. I think lots of people are close to that edge.

What makes this different for me is that Fenlon is saying the right things. I hope he can transform his words into actions. If he tries to rebuild the team and ends up with the same short stick as Collins got then there will be riots.

The Tubs
23-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Yup - we spoke to a boy who'd flown fae Oz, bought a hospy ticket etc .. Days of travel and thousands wasted!

At least we got to make a speedy exit from the scene of the crime.

Hibercelona
23-05-2012, 03:28 PM
I definitely agree with that. Hard to argue when you consider we have had lots of new players and managers. But with new playing staff comes new hope and that's what I am clinging to. There are only so many managers and players that the board can bring in before the fans eventually turn and leave. I think lots of people are close to that edge.

What makes this different for me is that Fenlon is saying the right things. I hope he can transform his words into actions. If he tries to rebuild the team and ends up with the same short stick as Collins got then there will be riots.

Thats why its important right now that he brings in performers that won't go complaining when they're made to work that little bit harder to push the boundaries.

Every player that comes through that door needs to have it made clear to them exactly what we expect from them as a club.

Theres no room for any slackers what so ever, next season is a pivotal point for the club and they have to get it spot on.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Thats why its important right now that he brings in performers that won't go complaining when they're made to work that little bit harder to push the boundaries.

Every player that comes through that door needs to have it made clear to them exactly what we expect from them as a club.

Theres no room for any slackers what so ever, next season is a pivotal point for the club and they have to get it spot on.

I agree, and that is why I said somewhere else (probably here, I don't know) that the players should be made to go through boot camp. They need to learn discipline and that should be instilled right at the start.

ehf
23-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Exactly how I feel.:top marks

Ditto: and I live in the Burgh:fuming:

heretoday
23-05-2012, 04:25 PM
I'll be back, as Arnie used to say. In fact I'm planning to go and see Hibs more often next season. I've been saying that since 1963.

Fed up watching them on that First Row channel.

I don't give a monkeys about the cup final. It's one match in a lifetime of supporting Hibs.

scoopyboy
23-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Has mainboy still had enough or is he going back now?

Hibs90
23-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Has mainboy still had enough or is he going back now?

Does it matter? I'm assuming he'll be back, as will plenty others including myself who said after the final or a previous game they wouldn't be. It's just the pain and hurt of the defeat and at the time I'm sure alot of others were thinking the same.

One Day Soon
23-05-2012, 04:41 PM
I'll be back, as Arnie used to say. In fact I'm planning to go and see Hibs more often next season. I've been saying that since 1963.

I don't give a monkeys about the cup final. It's one match in a lifetime of supporting Hibs.

My man! Excellent.

sh00byd00
23-05-2012, 04:42 PM
You know what; aye, it was embarrassing, ******g embarrassing, but i forgive them like i always do because i'm Hibs until i die.

I'd rather sit through a 5-1 thrashing every single day of the week than be a jambo for one single day! :flag:

Time to stop with all the bitching and either back the club we grew up supporting or get yerself oan a bus through to Darkheid.

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 04:43 PM
You know what; aye, it was embarrassing, ******g embarrassing, but i forgive them like i always do because i'm Hibs until i die.

I'd rather sit through a 5-1 thrashing every single day of the week than be a jambo! :flag:

Time to stop with all the bitching and either back the club we grew up supporting or get yerself oan a bus through to Darkheid.

Agree and disagree. I think it's time to get back to supporting the club but we should NEVER stop bitching as long as there is something to bitch about. No more blind acceptance. Let's keep pushing the club.

sh00byd00
23-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Agree and disagree. I think it's time to get back to supporting the club but we should NEVER stop bitching as long as there is something to bitch about. No more blind acceptance. Let's keep pushing the club.

Bitching can't change the past, so it's a wasted exercise. I'm not going to give up on the club just because we lost a cup final 5-1. There will be more drubbings, there will be more bad days, it's what supporting Hibs is all about.

One Day Soon
23-05-2012, 04:48 PM

Yep. We go back next season mob handed but hardened and ready to take no pi5h from wage thieves. Play for the green with all you've got and no George Street Fight Club boozerama stuff and we will make you our Gods. Go anywhere remotely near the class of 2012 behaviour and we will leave you without a name on the pitch and through social media.

Back in big numbers, backing Fenlon to do WHATEVER it takes with no sacred cow players (and making sure every player knows that) and ready to let the club rebuild over the time it takes as long we can see incremental progress.

Gerard
23-05-2012, 04:54 PM
X

sorry to hear:wink

Pretty Boy
23-05-2012, 05:00 PM
I'll be back.

Of course I will, its what I do.

Relegation didn't get rid of me, that semi didn't get rid of me, 6 years of 240 mile round trips (sometimes alone) didn't get rid of me, the Livi final didn't get rid of me so I'm damn sure a defeat of that lot won't be getting rid of me.

I'm angry right now but come the new season I'll have that stupid hope that this year will be different, this team will click and it will all fall into place. Who knows? This could be the year.

DevonLoch
23-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Despite todays performance I will be back. Hibs are my team and as painful as it was today I will support them to the end.

Absolutely agree. However bad it gets, the team you inherit/adopt should be yours for life. My father-in-law (f****n turncoat!) switched from Man C to Man U about ten years ago.Wife grew up with and stayed with Man C....and the smile from last day of the season hasn't yet worn off - nor from the 'six and the city' stuffing. All the better since they stuffed it to Man U again in the final seconds when Man U thought they had won it! Our time will come and after all the s**t of the recent seasons, it will be so much sweeter. Anyone know another billionaire arab with a shedload of money to 'invest' !

:thumbsup:

HibsMax
23-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Bitching can't change the past, so it's a wasted exercise. I'm not going to give up on the club just because we lost a cup final 5-1. There will be more drubbings, there will be more bad days, it's what supporting Hibs is all about.

Bitching and giving up are two different things and nobody suggested it can change the past. Since we're all just pals on a forum I don't see the harm of some "constructive" criticism. ;)

Twiglet
23-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Absolutely agree. However bad it gets, the team you inherit/adopt should be yours for life. My father-in-law (f****n turncoat!) switched from Man C to Man U about ten years ago.Wife grew up with and stayed with Man C....and the smile from last day of the season hasn't yet worn off - nor from the 'six and the city' stuffing. All the better since they stuffed it to Man U again in the final seconds when Man U thought they had won it! Our time will come and after all the s**t of the recent seasons, it will be so much sweeter. Anyone know another billionaire arab with a shedload of money to 'invest' !

:thumbsup:

Good on your wife for sticking with her club. Shows what you can get after years of heartache. Hopefully in the nest couple of years our unwavering loyalty to our club will be rewarded just like your wife's was. :thumbsup:

Crab apple
23-05-2012, 05:44 PM
There's a lot of anger about Saturday. The good thing is it shows we care about wanting to improve things. Fenlon's starting tactics were wrong imho and a number of the players underperformed. However my main outlet is anger at Thomson's performance. We should be doing all we can to make sure he never refs one of our games again

DevonLoch
23-05-2012, 06:08 PM

Didn't travel as far as you but share the sentiments exactly - trip brilliant, Friday night in Edinburgh amazing and when we got the goal, danced around like a ten year old as well. Just for a moment, it looked like we might have a chance. Wholesale changes needed but I'll be back.

DevonLoch
23-05-2012, 06:18 PM

The cup final hurt but I'll be back more often next season too!

http://youtu.be/Zek3ZXNcCwU

Franck Stanton
23-05-2012, 06:30 PM

Me too, but I have to admit, it's getting harder to do. Need to show a massive improvement in personnell for next season.

Saturdays Hero
23-05-2012, 06:37 PM
"To this day I still & will avidly follow Hibernian ... as I always say, you change your house, you change your motor, you even change your wife, but you never change your team. You're stuck with the useless

:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Its understandable that some folk are thinking hard about future commitment to Hibs and especially sad to read posts from folk who have been going to see Hibs and supporting the club in person for decades saying that they might not, or definately wont, be back.

I probably fall roughly into the middle on this board having seen my first Hibs game when I was 15 and gradually seeing more and more games until I had enough money to become a regular season ticket holder for about the last 15 years ... I'm 52 now.

That was the 8th cup final I have seen Hibs in ... 5 League cup and 3 Scottish Cup and out of that as everybody knows we have won 2.

Apart from regular league and cup games I have been to every major game played by this club in that time apart from the 1991 LC semi v Rangers due to having to be in London.

In all of that time it has been a 70 to 80 mile round trip just to get to ER and by bus for years coz I didnt own a car until I was 32.

I dont have to tell most of the folk on here, or anybody who has supported Hibs over that time ( or for longer ) what a trial it has been at times with the disappointments far outweighing the good parts ..... with the last 3 to 4 years probably being some of the most difficult seasons I and every other Hibby has had to endure.

Not forgetting that our apalling derby record has been an ongoing theme over all of those years, culminating in the ultimate let down, humiliation, betrayal ( call it what you will ) at Hampden last Saturday.

Aye ... the people who own and run Hibernian football club have a lot to answer for and had better step up to the sodding plate quick sharp, or bloody well move over for someone who will ........ I am enraged by the biggest let down I have ever had from Hibs.

But for all of that:

I will be damned if I will EVER let a defeat by ffng Heart of Midlothian be the straw that broke the Camels back, no matter by how many goals, no matter in what stage of any competition and no matter where !!! IMO that would be the ultimate betrayal of myself, it would mean that everything I have endured for years has been for nothing .... and they have won.

Instead of giving the Yams an even bigger laugh at our expense by deserting the club in droves now is the time to stick two fingers up in the direction of the PBS and say " sod you ... Hibees forever !!! "

Keep bitching, keep moaning, keep keeping the pressure on the powers that be at ER over this and the last 3 seasons of misery ................ But keep the faith and keep going !!!

GGTTH

Bovril

DevonLoch
23-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Its understandable that some folk are thinking hard about future commitment to Hibs and especially sad to read posts from folk who have been going to see Hibs and supporting the club in person for decades saying that they might not, or definately wont, be back.

I probably fall roughly into the middle on this board having seen my first Hibs game when I was 15 and gradually seeing more and more games until I had enough money to become a regular season ticket holder for about the last 15 years ... I'm 52 now.

That was the 8th cup final I have seen Hibs in ... 5 League cup and 3 Scottish Cup and out of that as everybody knows we have won 2.

Apart from regular league and cup games I have been to every major game played by this club in that time apart from the 1991 LC semi v Rangers due to having to be in London.

In all of that time it has been a 70 to 80 mile round trip just to get to ER and by bus for years coz I didnt own a car until I was 32.

I dont have to tell most of the folk on here, or anybody who has supported Hibs over that time ( or for longer ) what a trial it has been at times with the disappointments far outweighing the good parts ..... with the last 3 to 4 years probably being some of the most difficult seasons I and every other Hibby has had to endure.

Not forgetting that our apalling derby record has been an ongoing theme over all of those years, culminating in the ultimate let down, humiliation, betrayal ( call it what you will ) at Hampden last Saurday.

Aye ... the people who own and run Hibernian football club have a lot to answer for and had better step up to the sodding plate quick sharp, or bloody well move over for someone who will ........ I am enraged by the biggest let down I have ever had from Hibs.

But for all of that:

I will be damned if I will EVER let a defeat by ffng Heart of Midlothian be the straw that broke the Camels back, no matter by how many goals, no matter in what stage of any competition and no matter where !!! IMO that would be the ultimate betrayal of myself, it would mean that everything I have endured for years has been for nothing .... and they have won.

Instead of giving the Yams an even bigger laugh at our expense by deserting the club in droves now is the time to stick two fingers up in the direction of the PBS and say " sod you ... Hibees forever !!! "

Keep bitching, keep moaning, keep keeping the pressure on the powers that be at ER over this and the last 3 seasons ................ But keep the faith and keep going !!!

GGTTH

Bovril

Well said! With you all the way!

capitals_finest
23-05-2012, 07:02 PM
No its not good BF, thats just the kind of comment that alienates folk who are pissed off, and make these statements in the heat of the moment even more unlikely to come back.

We cant do with any fans leaving us, and those who do we need to entice back.

I have a season ticket for next season, but i'm buggered if i will use it as frequently as i did this season.

Unless things change, you might be in a crowd of 4 or 5 thousand in a few years time, begging those to come back?

Some people have more important things in their life than Hibs, maybe not you BF but others see it differently, we need every type of fan.

Well said BH.

All this 'bye then' crap needs to stop.

There are a lot of angry hibs supporters at the moment (myself being one of them) but we are in this together. Players are a disgrace (captain excluded). I have always supported the board but my anger will be directed at them next season if things don't DRASTICALLY change. I m backing the manager but BB needs to go. He has shown his true colours recently and has done very little in his time here it appears.

IT HAS BEEN SAID BY MANY SO TAKE NOTICE BOARD: McPake needs to be signed and the rest need shown the door.

SteveHFC
19-05-2013, 12:21 AM
If we get to a cup final next year I'm sure you will be straight back

You were saying :greengrin :thumbsup:

davhibby
19-05-2013, 12:31 AM

Can I get paid for these predictions?

givescotlandfreedom
19-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Can I get paid for these predictions?
It'll never happen >:-(

SaulGoodman
19-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Name change isn't fooling anyone :wink: :greengrin

Keith_M
19-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Maybe we should have a name and shame thread, where everybody that said they would never-go-back can declare to the world that they're actually going to the final this year?

I'll start..

....eh, me :greengrin

Hibercelona
19-05-2013, 11:54 AM

Bet you were back the very 1st home game of the season.

Am I right? :devil:

lord bunberry
19-05-2013, 11:56 AM
You're right, we most likely won't be anywhere near a final to get the p£ss ripped all over us!

Wrong

inglisavhibs
19-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Hope your right pal, but with the Farmer/Petrie axis I'm not holding out much hope

I know that it's sometimes difficult following Hibs, but it always has been and no one can blame any fan for being angry last year. History tells you though that any upsurge in our fortunes usually comes about with the emergence of talent from our own ranks. There are signs over the last month or so that we just might have another batch that can give us better times ahead. Yo also need a decent manager who can blend in a few experienced payers to complement these youngsters. Time will tell if Fenlon can do it. Fans who blame Petrie and Farmer are wide of the mark in my opinion although it can be argued that Hibs have not chosen their managers too well in recent years.

SteveHFC
19-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Bet you were back the very 1st home game of the season.

Am I right? :devil:

Yes :devil:

Jack Hackett
19-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes :devil:

The fact that the previous game was the disgraceful capitulation to Dundee United, shows us just how full of piss and wind you are when it comes to saying 'you'll never be back' :greengrin

SteveHFC
19-05-2013, 01:02 PM
The fact that the previous game was the disgraceful capitulation to Dundee United, shows us just how full of piss and wind you are when it comes to saying 'you'll never be back' :greengrin

:boo hoo::greengrin