PDA

View Full Version : Petie - disgust

dirtydirk
19-05-2012, 03:46 PM
We may have prepared ourselves for the long run financially but at the end of the day hearts have the Scottish cup and we don't. We have a training ground, amazing stadium but what's the point in having a big d**k but not using it. Petrie and farmer should be ashamed.

cabbageandribs1875
19-05-2012, 03:53 PM
dunno what to say/think :( certainly not as gutted as i thought i would be, but then i didn't build my hopes up and honestly think we had any chance whatsoever of beating they ****S today, we can't even produce players that make any good use of a simple f****n throw-in for the luv o ******

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-05-2012, 03:56 PM
We can argue about this until we are blue in the face, Farmer will not give Hibs up (was he there today?) so as long as he is there so will Rod.

This was an absolute humiliation on a scale I've never seen in 55 years of supporting Hibs, we will do well to recover from this terrible day, any other board in this situation would have the decency to stand down but I can assure you the biscuit tin will stay firmly closed while we have to face our tormentors, not just next season but forever.

There is no way in hell I would pay any kind of money to watch that garbage again.

Arch Stanton
19-05-2012, 04:25 PM
We can argue about this until we are blue in the face, Farmer will not give Hibs up (was he there today?) so as long as he is there so will Rod.

This was an absolute humiliation on a scale I've never seen in 55 years of supporting Hibs, we will do well to recover from this terrible day, any other board in this situation would have the decency to stand down but I can assure you the biscuit tin will stay firmly closed while we have to face our tormentors, not just next season but forever.

There is no way in hell I would pay any kind of money to watch that garbage again.

That's the truth!

Farmer can't expect an easy ride after this one though.

People are going to ask themselves - did Farmer really save HIbs? Would Hibs really still not exist had he not come along?

The answere to that one is no! No more than Rangers will cease to exist if they go into liquidation and form a NewCo.

When Farmer took over Hibs, Livingston FC did not yet exist yet they worked themselves from the bottom up to SPL and part of the way back down again (what a real shame huh?).

Now, I don't actually believe that Petrie being an accountant first and foremost is a bad thing in itself - the root problem is that, over the years, a losing mentality has become evident at Hibs - a losing mentality that begins and ends with the Farmer/Petrie partnership!

Now, over the years,I have taken a long time coming to that conclusion, but, as of today, I am now certain it is true, there is no other explanation!

CRAZYHIBBY
19-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Whos petie?

sesoim
19-05-2012, 06:35 PM
That's the truth!

Farmer can't expect an easy ride after this one though.

People are going to ask themselves - did Farmer really save HIbs? Would Hibs really still not exist had he not come along?

The answere to that one is no! No more than Rangers will cease to exist if they go into liquidation and form a NewCo.

When Farmer took over Hibs, Livingston FC did not yet exist yet they worked themselves from the bottom up to SPL and part of the way back down again (what a real shame huh?).

Now, I don't actually believe that Petrie being an accountant first and foremost is a bad thing in itself - the root problem is that, over the years, a losing mentality has become evident at Hibs - a losing mentality that begins and ends with the Farmer/Petrie partnership!

Now, over the years,I have taken a long time coming to that conclusion, but, as of today, I am now certain it is true, there is no other explanation!

That's actually a good point. Hibs would have reformed at Meadowbank and eventually got back to what we are. STF did us a huge favour, but there would always have been a Hibs regardless of his help. I'm still grateful to STF, but let's not pretend that Hibs haven't been a good investment for him - he paid a fraction for Hibs of what we are worth now.

I've said for years Petrie should step aside, and if Farmer wants that investment to keep ticking along he needs to look at getting a more suitable guy in now - one who actually knows how to appoint decent managers would help.

Dirkster23
19-05-2012, 06:40 PM
We may have prepared ourselves for the long run financially but at the end of the day hearts have the Scottish cup and we don't. We have a training ground, amazing stadium but what's the point in having a big d**k but not using it. Petrie and farmer should be ashamed.

Your spot on! It's about time we ran up £40 million in debt in the hope we win the cup :agree:

Fergus52
19-05-2012, 06:43 PM
i know, there's loads of multi-millionaires willing to take on an under achieving club in one of Europe's lesser leagues.

Sick of Petrie and Farmer knocking them all back!

oh wait...

Arch Stanton
19-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Your spot on! It's about time we ran up £40 million in debt in the hope we win the cup :agree:

I think you'll find that most people would be happy if we managed to be competitive with teams that have smaller budgets than us - £40 million isn't being asked for, only a management/playing staff that can deliver their money's worth.

gbur123ukgb
19-05-2012, 06:55 PM
[petrie and farmer gtf now
i know farmer saved us but come on this is crazy get him and petrie to f until they go we wont progress

Golden Bear
19-05-2012, 06:55 PM
This thread seems all very petie to me.

Arch Stanton
19-05-2012, 07:00 PM
i know, there's loads of multi-millionaires willing to take on an under achieving club in one of Europe's lesser leagues.

oh wait...

Hibs being unsellable hardly makes Farmer/Petrie good owners does it? Not in my book for sure.

If they wan't to continue in their own incompetent ways then there is absolutely nothing to stop them - on that you are right.

Dirkster23
19-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I think you'll find that most people would be happy if we managed to be competitive with teams that have smaller budgets than us - £40 million isn't being asked for, only a management/playing staff that can deliver their money's worth.

I agree with you, however, Hearts aren't a team with a similar budget to ours.

Arch Stanton
19-05-2012, 07:07 PM
I agree with you, however, Hearts aren't a team with a similar budget to ours.

I know that - but we have bigger budgets than Dundee United and Motherwell don't we? And I think you'll find that both these teams have better winning records against Hearts than we do.

Dirkster23
19-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I know that - but we have bigger budgets than Dundee United and Motherwell don't we? And I think you'll find that both these teams have better winning records against Hearts than we do.

yip- my initial response to the OP was regarding Hearts though.

leithsansiro
19-05-2012, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=fergy;3234502]i know, there's loads of multi-millionaires willing to take on an under achieving club in one of Europe's lesser leagues.

And this is the sad truth. All those who advocate Petrie/Farmer moving on have to have a good look at the bigger picture. Nobody is falling over themselves to invest in football clubs, particularly not those like Hibs

iain nolan
19-05-2012, 07:50 PM
dont blame the board for today or the manager it was the PLAYERS that let HIBERNIAN down today and all season i expect 100% off everyone off them what did we get a team going on there summer holidays:flag:

sesoim
19-05-2012, 08:25 PM

:agree: Motherwell have a much smaller budget than us. So why are they above us in the league so often? Because they usually appoint much better managers than us.

The buck stops with Petrie as far as I'm concerned. He has overseen this decline, and is ultimately responsible for the bad managerial appointments.

I don't think Hibs will ever get better again until Petrie is ejected from this club and we get a better, more positive, more football minded chairman.

The Falcon
19-05-2012, 08:33 PM

Well dont then and gie the rest of us some peace.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-05-2012, 08:40 PM

Great incisive comment there matey, well thought out and a good idea for the future.

lucky
19-05-2012, 08:45 PM
It was the players who let us down today not RP or STF

The Falcon
19-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Great incisive comment there matey, well thought out and a good idea for the future.

Your not going to watch them again so ..... dont. Nothing incisive about the comment. Merely a statement.

I trust you will continue moaning to all and sundry though?

The Green Goblin
19-05-2012, 09:00 PM

The boy has supported Hibs for 55 years but you don't care that he (and many others like him) have had enough of being taken for fools by the team and the club. I seem to remember you are a big defender of the Board on here, so it's maybe no surprise you have no problem showing such casual disdain and disrespect for a life-long fan.

The Falcon
19-05-2012, 09:07 PM
The boy has supported Hibs for 55 years but you don't care that he (and many others like him) have had enough of being taken for fools by the team and the club. I seem to remember you are a big defender of the Board on here, so it's maybe no surprise you have no problem showing such casual disdain and disrespect for a life-long fan.

There were thousands of life long fans there today, and I can think of one who couldnt make it through serious ill health and wont be around to see any more Finals.

But the poor wee soul is so upset he wont be back, like he's never been dissapointed before in 55 years of following Hibs, and you then have a pop at me.

Crack on.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-05-2012, 10:13 PM
There were thousands of life long fans there today, and I can think of one who couldnt make it through serious ill health and wont be around to see any more Finals.

But the poor wee soul is so upset he wont be back, like he's never been dissapointed before in 55 years of following Hibs, and you then have a pop at me.

Crack on.

So it's ok for you have a pop at me and no get it back?

Gie yersel a shake pal eh?, tell yer mate Petrie he's a fanny

Love the Green
19-05-2012, 10:43 PM
dont blame the board for today or the manager it was the PLAYERS that let HIBERNIAN down today and all season i expect 100% off everyone off them what did we get a team going on there summer holidays:flag:

Who picked the PLAYERS AND ORGANISED TACTICS??