PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.net & 2001 Final

johnrebus
18-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Feeling really weird, kinda numb actually. Managed to avoid the tension, up until now......., :worried:

Got to thinking back eleven years to the 2001 SCF and to the team we had then.

Can remember how up for it everyone on the old Rivals.net site were, but it was just not to be. Looking back, our only real hope went when Eck displayed the worst timing of any football manager in history by sacking Latapy.......,

I'm not saying we will do it tomorrow, but it will surely be a better day than back in 2001, I can only recall us having one chance in the whole game - Libbra?

Anyway, own up.

I posted under the name Midlothianhibby back then, can't remember why I changed it.

Who else is still here posting on this site from the old days of Rivals?

:I'm waiti

HibeeMG
18-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Aye, I'm a Rivals veteran.

Same username now as back then.

:hnet:

Captain Trips
18-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Feeling really weird, kinda numb actually. Managed to avoid the tension, up until now......., :worried:

Got to thinking back eleven years to the 2001 SCF and to the team we had then.

Can remember how up for it everyone on the old Rivals.net site were, but it was just not to be. Looking back, our only real hope went when Eck displayed the worst timing of any football manager in history by sacking Latapy.......,

I'm not saying we will do it tomorrow, but it will surely be a better day than back in 2001, I can only recall us having one chance in the whole game - Libbra?

Anyway, own up.

I posted under the name Midlothianhibby back then, can't remember why I changed it.

Who else is still here posting on this site from the old days of Rivals?

:I'm waiti

I was there on the old site as well and think I had the same username. Tomorrow is a totally different situation than 2001. Celtic were an excellent team Im know we had a good team too but they were good. The difference between the teams this time is way less.

Hibbyradge
18-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Yep.

Just_Jimmy
18-05-2012, 02:29 PM
I was wee_mad_mental_hibby.

I was 15, and remember greeting my eyes out when we got beat. Ian Murrays drag back on the by line was the highlight for me. Oh the joys eh!

We've earned this.

Go and take it Hibs.

Speedway
18-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Yep, was there under this username myself.

We lost to the better team that day, no complaints.

hibbymac
18-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Ohhhh yesss.

GGTTH

johnrebus
18-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I was there on the old site as well and think I had the same username. Tomorrow is a totally different situation than 2001. Celtic were an excellent team Im know we had a good team too but they were good. The difference between the teams this time is way less.

You're right of course - Celtic were a very good side then, I suppose I find it difficult to be confident because its THEM we are playing.

But the tide has to change sometime, so what better day than tomorrow?

Have been praying for five weeks now.....,

:everythin

MSK
18-05-2012, 03:05 PM
I was there ..here ..everywhere ...& at that final ..:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
18-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Me too, just plain old GordonTurnbull. Erin web before that too though I was Hibby on there for a long time.

phoenixfire
18-05-2012, 03:53 PM
yes
Anyone stil got one of the old
songsheets, that were belted out
in the Boswell
Thats a Sauzee was my fav
And fond memories of Hibbyradge
getting us all barred from the corstorphine inn:flag::hibees:pfgwa

1two
18-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Celtic had probably the best side the league has had in the last 20+ years.
When you look back on it we were never going to win that year. This is different though.

LancashireHibby
18-05-2012, 04:12 PM
I was on Rivals as well (same username) shortly before they binned off all the SPL sites (in fact, all of their sites apart from Premier League ones if memory serves me right).