PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings v Inverness

CK_HFC
12-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Not seen it posted elsewhere, interested to know how individual performances were today.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Not seen it posted elsewhere, interested to know how individual performances were today.

My view is it was a pretty lacklustre performance as a team. Guys like spoony and sproule had a chance to prove their worth for being in next weeks squad, and both failed to deliver again. Murray looked well off the pace, and can't see him staying at this level much longer.

A number of changes which was to be expected, with both centre halves changed, a change at full back, and three regular midfielders never played....We never really created any real chances of note, and can only recollect their keeper making one save (may have been more but I was struggling to remain awake).....

CK_HFC
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
My view is it was a pretty lacklustre performance as a team. Guys like spoony and sproule had a chance to prove their worth for being in next weeks squad, and both failed to deliver again. Murray looked well off the pace, and can't see him staying at this level much longer.

A number of changes which was to be expected, with both centre halves changed, a change at full back, and three regular midfielders never played....We never really created any real chances of note, and can only recollect their keeper making one save (may have been more but I was struggling to remain awake).....

Cheers for the info, how did the Grant in goal play?

allmodcons
12-05-2012, 09:23 PM

:agree: Absolute non event of a game. Really disappointed that Ivan and Spoony didnae make more of their chance to stake a claim for
next week but, that said, think we all have a very good idea as to what line up will be for final anyway. FWIW, I too struggled to stay
awake.

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Cheers for the info, how did the Grant in goal play?

Had a couple of saves from shots that were straight down his throat, no chance with either goal, had a couple of dodgy kicks, but did OK

Curly1875
12-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I thought soares was very poor today, wasn't a particularly interesting game anyway and no one really seemed up for it

Baldy Foghorn
12-05-2012, 09:39 PM
I thought soares was very poor today, wasn't a particularly interesting game anyway and no one really seemed up for it

Fair assessment Curly

Jonnyboy
12-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Had a couple of saves from shots that were straight down his throat, no chance with either goal, had a couple of dodgy kicks, but did OK

Clearly been training with Stacky and Broon then :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
12-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Clearly been training with Gordon Marshall then :greengrin

Fixed:greengrin

Jonnyboy
12-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Fixed:greengrin

:greengrin

R'Albin
12-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Clearly been training with Stacky and Broon then :greengrin

:greengrin

I noticed at half time Brown was playing a game of "bar-ey" and kept managing to hit it. Why the hell if he can do that can he not even keep the ball on the pitch when he kicks it!?

Golden Bear
12-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Our keepers have got to be 100% accurate with their kick outs though. A mere 95% is simply unacceptable.

snooky
13-05-2012, 05:06 AM

The lethargy in his play is Soare point with a lot of us.

BEEJ
13-05-2012, 01:46 PM
How was Stanton during his half hour on the pitch?

Any flashes of the talent we have heard about in the U-19s?

Albion Hibs
13-05-2012, 02:38 PM
It was a non event of a game, no one over committing to challanging...passing...or shooting etc A case up keeping up sharpness, and seeing out a fixture. As usual, and despite the fact it was pretty sunny, it was blowing a gale which did not make conditions any better for trying to play football.

Wotherspoon was his usual self, was a bit surprised as I thought give here is only 5 slots on the bench he would have done more to ensure a space through merit.

Disappointed in Fenlon for deciding to play Docherty for the full game only to see him lifted off with about 5 to go - not a great idea Pat.

Disagree with comments about Soares, thought as ever his delivery into the box from corners etc was excellent, just a shame we have only just found someone that can perform this role.

O'Hanlon and Francomb played well as did Murray for his first game back.