PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 cup final tickets for walk up fans v Dunfermline (merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Weir7
02-05-2012, 12:42 PM
To look after walk up fans. Hibs should announce if you buy a tick for game, you get preference over public sale. Subject to availability.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2012, 12:43 PM
They have already said 200 tickets have been ring fenced for regular walk up fans.

fatbloke
02-05-2012, 01:01 PM
They have already said 200 tickets have been ring fenced for regular walk up fans.

How are they going to identify regulars?

bawheid
02-05-2012, 01:03 PM
There might be a few merricks at this game with one eye on the Hibs database...

jdships
02-05-2012, 01:46 PM
How are they going to identify regulars?

:agree::top marks

jgl07
02-05-2012, 02:05 PM
I would have closed the database prior to the semifinal for the purposes of any chance of a cup final ticket.

happiehibbie
02-05-2012, 02:13 PM
I am fortunate to have my tickets well not in my hand as yet but yes i agree

The_Todd
02-05-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm trying to top up my membership with Monday's game but can't get into eTicketing due to "high demand". Given that cup tickets aren't available from there, what's going on there, then?

hibee_girl
02-05-2012, 06:43 PM
It's been like that for a while, everyone's trying to get on to see if their cup final tickets have been allocated yet.

The_Todd
02-05-2012, 06:45 PM
That explains that. Now I'm in there's no events for sale so I can't buy a ticket for Monday's match online?

I'm suprised TBH that Ticketmaster can't cope with demand from Hibs supporters. In the grand scheme of things Ticketmaster deals with I'd be gobsmacked if it was Hibs causing that problem...

CabbageBoy
02-05-2012, 07:07 PM
That explains that. Now I'm in there's no events for sale so I can't buy a ticket for Monday's match online?

I'm suprised TBH that Ticketmaster can't cope with demand from Hibs supporters. In the grand scheme of things Ticketmaster deals with I'd be gobsmacked if it was Hibs causing that problem...

Just be glad it's not See tickets; the chaos every year when Glastonbury tickets go on sale is awful.

millarco
02-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Not sure how much of this problem is due to Ticketmaster, but I've found them to be a shambles this season.

With semi tickets I was twice offered concession tickets in the North, despite me saying you couldn't get them there, only for there to show no availability. Then told I could get 2 tickets with my club membership, despite it only being 1 per member. There's no way I should know more about the selling procedures than those selling them, would hate to think how much Hibs pay them for the privilege.

hibee_girl
02-05-2012, 09:32 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120502/dunfermline-decider_2262950_2757736

Wembley67
02-05-2012, 09:33 PM
sly dogs....excellent news though

Glory Lurker
02-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Great move by Hibs - ER should be heaving on Monday.

1two
02-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Tee hee

ronaldo7
02-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Petrie:aok:

Sammy7nil
02-05-2012, 09:36 PM

:aok::cb:aok:

PatHead
Well done to the board

Wotherspiniesta
Superb Hibs. :not worth

CallumLaidlaw
Absolutely spot on by Hibs!!!

Westie1875
Petrie:aok:

:agree: Hope to see Easter Road bursting at the seams on Monday night!

:pfgwa

hibee
02-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Wonder if the free kids tickets will be included in the draw!

Hibeesmad
02-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Well done Petrie my son ;)

Pretty Boy
02-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Does my free ticket that was added to my online account after I.bought a season ticket count?

If so I'll start the bidding at £75, do I hear £75?

Leithenhibby
02-05-2012, 09:42 PM

Can't help but feel that HFC have got their marketing spot on, "I got a feeling that the nighs gonna be a good night."

I feel a song coming on :wink:

Onion
02-05-2012, 09:44 PM
To look after walk up fans. Hibs should announce if you buy a tick for game, you get preference over public sale. Subject to availability.

IMHO the time has come to stop trying to incentivise Hibs fans to attend a game. THIS is a game when any self-respecting Hibs FAN will willing come out to support the team they love - not for a CF ticket or a chance of glory, but when the team really need us to cheer them on - and finally rid ourselves of this ball and chain we've been hauling around for the last 5 months. Fenlon deserves it, Many of the team deserve it and, if we finally rid ourselves of the spectre of relegation, we can then start to prep for the biggest game in a generation.

If people STILL need the incentive of a CF ticket to come along on Monday night ????

dp00
Could we end up filling parts of the south stand too ??

Geo_1875
Why 2 tickets?

007 Mickey Weir
02-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Brilliantly done by Hibs. Should add about 5k onto crowd for a huge game. Really hope Dunfermline bring a decent crowd through as well.

Spike Mandela
02-05-2012, 09:46 PM
In the 'unlikely event there will be a public sale' my erchie:rolleyes:

Does this mean we have sold or accounted for 19000 so far?

zlatan
Pain in the arse if you stay outside Edinburgh, good idea but. Can see a lot of no shows on Monday after paying £22 for one of these lottery tickets.

hibee
Why 2 tickets?

So you can sit with someone you know rather than going on your own.

Dinkydoo
Well done Petrie my son ;)

Think that Is the first ever fine I've heard of RP being called "Petrie my son" :faf:

HUTCHYHIBBY
Should be a double celebration!

The Hammers clinch a play off final place, then, along to ER to cheer on The Hibees!

Not guaranteed a Final ticket, but, very shrewd move by the board!

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Nae excuse for folk swithering to not head along now. Reduced - albeit slightly - prices and the chance to get 2 tickets to the Cup Final, not to mention the fact that Hibs need as much support as possible for a massive game.

What was the attendance of the Dundee United game before the LC Final a few years back where Hibs pulled a similar ploy- 15-16k IIRC??

dp00
02-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Its the perfect marketing ploy.... just think that it should have been 1 ticket per ticket. but who cares

Hibs 4 The Cup :flag::pfgwa:hibees:not worth

Jonnyboy
02-05-2012, 09:50 PM
IMHO the time has come to stop trying to incentivise Hibs fans to attend a game. THIS is a game when any self-respecting Hibs FAN will willing come out to support the team they love - not for a CF ticket or a chance of glory, but when the team really need us to cheer them on - and finally rid ourselves of this ball and chain we've been hauling around for the last 5 months. Fenlon deserves it, Many of the team deserve it and, if we finally rid ourselves of the spectre of relegation, we can then start to prep for the biggest game in a generation.

If people STILL need the incentive of a CF ticket to come along on Monday night ????

In an ideal world, yes. Sadly, we don't live in an ideal world and the importance of the game wont mean much to thousands of fans who have drifted away. Contrary to your view, I think the Club is absolutely correct to incentivise as the brand of football/importance of the game will not, in itself, encourage attendance

CropleyWasGod
02-05-2012, 09:50 PM
In the 'unlikely event there will be a public sale' my erchie:rolleyes:

Does this mean we have sold or accounted for 19000 so far?

Where does it say that?

Spike Mandela
02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Where does it say that?

What:confused:

The_Todd
02-05-2012, 09:53 PM
This explains why I couldn't buy a ticket for the Dunfy match online earlier then. I'm not sure this is a good thing, its made buying a ticket for monday nigh on impossible now and negates the idea that I can just top up my membership card.

How does taking membership ticket sales off the website free up TO staff, exactly? Not impressed.

CropleyWasGod
02-05-2012, 09:53 PM
What:confused:

In the 'unlikely event there will be a public sale'

lucky
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Great move by Hibs. Rewarding fans who attend games. RP might know hee haw about football managers but he could sell sand to Arabs

Spike Mandela
02-05-2012, 09:56 PM
In the 'unlikely event there will be a public sale'

Initial announcement, near bottom.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120420/cup-final-tickets-_2262950_2742379

CropleyWasGod
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Initial announcement, near bottom.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120420/cup-final-tickets-_2262950_2742379

Ah okay.. sorry, I was looking at the latest announcement.

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 09:58 PM
This explains why I couldn't buy a ticket for the Dunfy match online earlier then. I'm not sure this is a good thing, its made buying a ticket for monday nigh on impossible now and negates the idea that I can just top up my membership card.

How does taking membership ticket sales off the website free up TO staff, exactly? Not impressed.

From what I can tell, the ticket "pods" (which I suspect make them sound much more hi-tech than they actually are) are open all day on Monday. How is buying a ticket therefore "nigh on impossible".

If you're going to the game, presumably you'd be in the ER area a bit beforehand anyway?

Spike Mandela
02-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Ah okay.. sorry, I was looking at the latest announcement.

Stick to the Rangers stuff CWG:wink:

Great result tonight eh:flag:

Ultrabee1-0
iv got my final ticket as am a season ticket holder my dad on the other hand hasn't.
this is a smart move by petrie top marks to him really hope my dad gets a ticket tho my heart goes out to any hibee that isnt going to manage to get to the game must be soal destroying.
but get your selfs along to the san serio on monday and cheer on the boys:flag:

Jonnyboy
From what I can tell, the ticket "pods" (which I suspect make them sound much more hi-tech than they actually are) are open all day on Monday. How is buying a ticket therefore "nigh on impossible".

If you're going to the game, presumably you'd be in the ER area a bit beforehand anyway?

:agree: Huts, basically :greengrin

Once you're in the ground you can buy a pie at the catering pod and place a bet at the bookie pod :wink:

Makaveli
02-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Do free U16s count? I booked my niece a ticket before the Killie game, will be her 5th in a row and she was at the semi. I'd be upset if not because I would have happily paid the tenner.

All I can see is "The Under 16's Go Free Offer is now closed" and no indication that kids tickets purchased from now on won't count — do I take from that free tickets already claimed will also be included?

easty
02-05-2012, 10:02 PM

Once you're in the ground you can buy a pie at the catering pod and place a bet at the bookie pod :wink:

take a dump in the poo pod. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
02-05-2012, 10:03 PM
take a dump in the poo pod. :greengrin

:faf:

Onion
02-05-2012, 10:05 PM
In an ideal world, yes. Sadly, we don't live in an ideal world and the importance of the game wont mean much to thousands of fans who have drifted away. Contrary to your view, I think the Club is absolutely correct to incentivise as the brand of football/importance of the game will not, in itself, encourage attendance

Sadly I can't disagree. I crave for utopian football world where systematic cheating is appropriately punished (RFC) and so called fanatics genuinely and without question support their team when most in need. For all that have followed Hibs in the last couple of years, Monday may at long last prove to be the turning point that we have all be waiting for - with the holy grail as the ultimate reward on 19 May ?

The_Todd
02-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Because making ticket sales only available up til 5pm and only in person makes things awkward for those of us who work in the day? All I wanted was to top up my access card for the game, an option now closed to me. I'll try and get to ER during my lunch tomorrow but its going to probably take more than that if there's a queue of people trying to get on the cup final lottery, when all I want is to go to the Dunfy game!

TheEastTerrace
02-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Any chat on when they might get Ticketmaster to reinstate the account history? Still no word on the application submitted for a ticket.

Jonnyboy
02-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Sadly I can't disagree. I crave for utopian football world where systematic cheating is appropriately punished (RFC) and so called fanatics genuinely and without question support their team when most in need. For all that have followed Hibs in the last couple of years, Monday may at long last prove to be the turning point that we have all be waiting for - with the holy grail as the ultimate reward on 19 May ?

As do I mate but it's a long way off, if ever

hibbysam
02-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Because making ticket sales only available up til 5pm and only in person makes things awkward for those of us who work in the day? All I wanted was to top up my access card for the game, an option now closed to me. I'll try and get to ER during my lunch tomorrow but its going to probably take more than that if there's a queue of people trying to get on the cup final lottery, when all I want is to go to the Dunfy game!

If you read it properly the pods will be open until 6pm and then there will be for the first time in a while a "cash gate" opening at 6.45.

"
Pods are open from Midday tomorrow (Thursday) to 5pm, Friday 4 May from 10am to 5pm and Saturday 5 May from 10am to 3pm. Both the Famous Five and East Stand Ticket pods will be open from 9am to 6pm on Monday 7 May.
There will be a full cash gate facility at turnstiles throughout the stadium on Matchday and gates will open at 6.45pm."

All your problems are now solved as you can just walk up to a turnstile, pay your money, get your ticket, watch us send a fat jambo down, then sit and sweat on seeing if you get a ticket by tuesday evening!:flag:

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2012, 10:13 PM

What you on about? Read it again properly this time!

monktonharp
02-05-2012, 10:17 PM

Once you're in the ground you can buy a pie at the catering pod and place a bet at the bookie pod :wink:think I'LL rename my garden sheds "the pods". can now tell the wife,I'M away to the wine cellar pod, if anyone calls me.:cb

aljo7-0
02-05-2012, 10:19 PM
I was down at lunchtime today to buy myself a ticket for Monday's game. I got a free ticket for my daughter which was great (I'd forgotten that offer was on). We are away for the Cup Final weekend (can't describe how p****d off I am about that) but was contenting myself (that as I'm not a season ticket holder and can't afford one for the new season) with the fact that I would probably not have got a ticket anyway. Sod's Law now says my number will come up when they draw the 500 - would really rub my nose in it.

Then again I might suddenly become really popular!

monktonharp
02-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Because making ticket sales only available up til 5pm and only in person makes things awkward for those of us who work in the day? All I wanted was to top up my access card for the game, an option now closed to me. I'll try and get to ER during my lunch tomorrow but its going to probably take more than that if there's a queue of people trying to get on the cup final lottery, when all I want is to go to the Dunfy game!you could go on saturday, naw?:confused:

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Wonder how many ST holders will maybe pay to get in to the game on Monday night. :wink:

Great move Rodney Boy. :not worth :cb :thumbsup:

stoneyburn hibs
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I was down at lunchtime today to buy myself a ticket for Monday's game. I got a free ticket for my daughter which was great (I'd forgotten that offer was on). We are away for the Cup Final weekend (can't describe how p****d off I am about that) but was contenting myself (that as I'm not a season ticket holder and can't afford one for the new season) with the fact that I would probably not have got a ticket anyway. Sod's Law now says my number will come up when they draw the 500 - would really rub my nose in it.

Your a superstar :greengrin

priorparkhibby
02-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Am i right in saying even if you pay at the cash gate you will be entered into the draw for cup final tickets or do you have to pre-purchase your dunfermline ticket at one of these pods for that to happen?

PatHead
02-05-2012, 10:23 PM

Hi pal

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Am i right in saying even if you pay at the cash gate you will be entered into the draw for cup final tickets or do you have to pre-purchase your dunfermline ticket at one of these pods for that to happen?

Yes you are right.

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2012, 10:26 PM
you could go on saturday, naw?:confused:

He can just PATG on the night! Every time Hibs make an announcement it seems half of our support either can't read properly or have trouble comprehending the information.

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
What you on about? Read it again properly this time!

Ok, so it wasn't just me then :greengrin

Tickets are available much like any other game from 6.45pm or at the "pods" at the East and FF stands all day on Bank Holiday Monday.

monktonharp
02-05-2012, 10:28 PM
iv got my final ticket as am a season ticket holder my dad on the other hand hasn't.
this is a smart move by petrie top marks to him really hope my dad gets a ticket tho my heart goes out to any hibee that isnt going to manage to get to the game must be soal destroying.
but get your selfs along to the san serio on monday and cheer on the boys:flag:could still buy a ticket,keep the stub? or has the other part need to be handed in?dont know , but it is a lottery to get 2 final tickets. hand an extra one in with your own and tell the guy" he canny make it mate"??

monktonharp
02-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Wonder how many ST holders will maybe pay to get in to the game on Monday night. :wink:

Great move Rodney Boy. :not worth :cb :thumbsup: your a sly old silverfox, ar'ent you:wink:

MacBean
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
So do we have to buy them at a "pod" or will the gate tickets count?

lyonhibs
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM

Wily old dog isn't he? Way more than 500 people will have already bought tickets for this game anyway, this promotion will make them feel they've got a chance of 2 Cup Final tickets (which might be 2 extra if the person in question was a Hibs Member). The promotion will, in of itself, draw in extra sales that may not have otherwise have happened, with the tempting carrot of the ballot (the stick being that all the seats in ER face the pitch :greengrin:greengrin) thus decreasing the chance that any 1 "walk-up" person has of winning tickets, but maximising revenue as people who aren't in any of the 3 priority groups think "maybe, just maybe............."

It's the equivalent of offering the chance of a £20,000 holiday if you answer a question like "What colour is grass" - easy question, loads of folk enter, decreasing the individual's chance of winning and whoever is operating the phonelines is quids in.

And in the immediate short term, ER is much busier for a vital game that it would otherwise have been.

GGTTH

BEEJ
02-05-2012, 10:42 PM

To take up another seat while their own regular seat remains empty during the match? :confused:

Hope not.

BEEJ
02-05-2012, 10:50 PM
He can just PATG on the night! Every time Hibs make an announcement it seems half of our support either can't read properly or have trouble comprehending the information.
Assuming that the ground isn't sold out long before then. :greengrin

It does make arrangements a bit more tricky for those without a season ticket living some way from ER.

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Assuming that the ground isn't sold out long before then. :greengrin

It does make arrangements a bit more tricky for those without a season ticket living some way from ER.

:faf: :greengrin

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
To take up another seat while their own regular seat remains empty during the match? :confused:

Hope not.

I'am sure they will just sit in there normal seats, but they have the chance after paying in of getting the chance to get some more tickets for the final, worth the £20 i would say and so does Rod Boy.

BEEJ
02-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I'am sure they will just sit in there normal seats, but they have the chance after paying in of getting the chance to get some more tickets for the final, worth the £20 i would say and so does Rod Boy.
So that seat they pay for on the night will remain empty?

silverhibee
02-05-2012, 11:18 PM
So that seat they pay for on the night will remain empty?

Well they have been empty all season, why shouldn't ST holders who have had to watch the crap we have watched all season try and get there selfs a extra ticket for the final, the club don't lose, the ST seat is paid for already and the club also get the money for the empty seat, it won't sell out on Monday so everyone going to the game will get in, wee won't suddenly have an extra 12,000 people turning up on Monday on the of chance they may get a ticket for the final, the club are doing everything they can to get bums on seats on Monday night to support the team, if ST holders pay to get in in the chance of getting extra tickets for the final then good luck to them, shows they are willing to put there hand in there pocket to help the club, where as there will be a lot of folk wanting to go this game and they probably don't even support Hibs wanting tickets, let them go to Hibs fans.

ginger_eejit
02-05-2012, 11:44 PM
bugger, land at Turnhouse at 19:45. Don't think the missus or my family would appreciate me jumping off a plane from NZ straight into a joe to ER! :wink:

jgl07
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM

Hope not.

But 2012-13 season tickert holders may not have have a seat to be empty in the first place.

Maybe I will get a second ticket for the final?

tamsonsbairn
02-05-2012, 11:57 PM
What's to stop jambo's taking a chance on buying a ticket for mondays match with the chance they could be lucky in the ballot. Are these tickets sold for mon's match subject to the purchaser being on the clubs database or is it a free for all. What's to stop ticket touts taking advantage of this as well, just wondering. :confused:

Pete
03-05-2012, 12:03 AM
What's to stop jambo's taking a chance on buying a ticket for mondays match with the chance they could be lucky in the ballot. Are these tickets sold for mon's match subject to the purchaser being on the clubs database or is it a free for all. What's to stop ticket touts taking advantage of this as well, just wondering. :confused:

If there's 5000 walk ups then each ticket has a one in ten chance. What jambo would spend ten or twenty pound for a game they won't see, that goes straight into our fighting fund for a one in ten chance of getting a ticket for the wrong end?

madabouthibs
03-05-2012, 12:16 AM
I've already got my tickets for Monday night, including the free kids ticket *waves willy whilst singing na na na na na*, but no doubt I'll miss out for being such a smert erse! :greengrin

Seriously, good idea from Hibs, we could be near selling out on monday night now, which will be great seeing as how we still have a lot to play for, but I feel this doesn't really benefit the regular walk up supporters. :wink:

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 12:22 AM
your a sly old silverfox, ar'ent you:wink:

:cb

SteveHFC
03-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Watch all the gloryhunters come to the game on Monday :rolleyes:

hibs0666
03-05-2012, 12:33 AM
More tickets available (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hearts-and-hibs-to-get-extra-scottish-cup-final-tickets-1-2270181)

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Watch all the gloryhunters come to the game on Monday :rolleyes:

:tee hee::tin hat::greengrin

JohnStephens91
03-05-2012, 12:48 AM
This must be where the raffle tickets for the final are coming from then. Or I would presume so otherwise they wouldn't have managed to get 1,000 tickets to raffle off to fans at the Dunfermline game

JohnStephens91
03-05-2012, 02:17 AM
Rod Petrie is a better business man than Alan Sugar. Petrie even has a tache to prove it! Great scheme to get people in to back the team.

Weir7
03-05-2012, 05:37 AM

Good theory poorly executed. It should just be one tick. Then 1000 fans will benefit.

Also, to get two ticks you had to but two season ticks.

scoopyboy
03-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Good theory poorly executed. It should just be one tick. Then 1000 fans will benefit.

Also, to get two ticks you had to but two season ticks.

Surely you buy two season tickets to follow the team for the following season

Moulin Yarns
03-05-2012, 05:56 AM
here's a wee thought. why don't they make the draw at half time?

"First out of the hat is...........(long pause for effect).... Seat number H18 :greengrin

HH81
03-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Hibs should announce all the seat numbers and ask them to contact the club first with their details. This way they can check if they are on database before handing them the tickets.

Weir7
03-05-2012, 06:21 AM
Surely you buy two season tickets to follow the team for the following season

I do. Thanks for asking. You missed the point.

TornadoHibby
03-05-2012, 07:08 AM
here's a wee thought. why don't they make the draw at half time?

"First out of the hat is...........(long pause for effect).... Seat number H18 :greengrin

Draw 500 tickets in 15 minutes?! :rolleyes:

That's around one drawn and announced every 1.8 seconds! :wink: :greengrin

Never gonna happen like that! :cool2:

Keith_M
03-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Draw 500 tickets in 15 minutes?! :rolleyes:

That's around one drawn and announced every 1.8 seconds! :wink: :greengrin

Never gonna happen like that! :cool2:

I think he MAY have been joking.

Whoosh :wink:

Hibi
03-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Firstly I think this is a good idea and I'm looking forward to what should hopefully be a good crowd on Monday night. However from a selfish point of view I can't help but be worried about my own chances of getting a ticket. I handed in our group application earlier this week and despite us all being either ST or membership holders I was told we had no guarantee of a ticket. Now they are giving an additional 1000 out to walk up fans, surely ST and membership holders retain priority?

Geo_1875
03-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Firstly I think this is a good idea and I'm looking forward to what should hopefully be a good crowd on Monday night. However from a selfish point of view I can't help but be worried about my own chances of getting a ticket. I handed in our group application earlier this week and despite us all being either ST or membership holders I was told we had no guarantee of a ticket. Now they are giving an additional 1000 out to walk up fans, surely ST and membership holders retain priority?

I think you're safe in the knowledge that you'll get your tickets before any of the ring-fenced or public sale tickets are issued. Hibs are only doing everything they can to maximize income. Still don't agree with 2 tickets for walk-UPS when STs only got one.

down-the-slope
03-05-2012, 07:35 AM

You noticed that too :greengrin

Hibi
03-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I think you're safe in the knowledge that you'll get your tickets before any of the ring-fenced or public sale tickets are issued. Hibs are only doing everything they can to maximize income. Still don't agree with 2 tickets for walk-UPS when STs only got one.

Thanks Geo, that's what I was looking for really, a little reassurance that it's going to be ok. Going to be anxious until I get my hands on those tickets and have taken my seat at hampden to watch my bonnie boys get there hands on that trophy.

aob4green
03-05-2012, 07:45 AM
I've had a season ticket for the last 5 years and it entitles me to 1 ticket. Poured my money into the club over the last while buying a season ticket for my son and I, mostly suffering having to watch complete and utter tripe week in week out. But buy 1 ticket for 1 game on Monday and potentially end up with 2 cup final tickets?!?!??!

Something not quite right about that.

I'd love to have had 2 to give 1 to a friend/family member who have frequently come to games with me over the last while, but who for a number of reasons can't afford a season ticket.

Rewarding loyalty my arse. This whole episode has been an exercise by Petrie and co for blatant profiteering. Never mind i'm sure the board will reward us with some better standard (loan) signings.

Spike Mandela
03-05-2012, 07:49 AM
I've had a season ticket for the last 5 years and it entitles me to 1 ticket. Poured my money into the club over the last while buying a season ticket for my son and I, mostly suffering having to watch complete and utter tripe week in week out. But buy 1 ticket for 1 game on Monday and potentially end up with 2 cup final tickets?!?!??!

I'd love to have had 2 to give 1 to a friend/family member who have frequently come to games with me over the last while, but who for a number of reasons can't afford a season ticket.

Rewarding loyalty my arse. This whole episode has been an exercise by Petrie and co for blatant profiteering. Never mind i'm sure the board will reward us with some better standard (loan) signings.

I understand why you might find this galling aob but I think RP would unashamedly admit to profiteering here and would say "why not" as it helps the club.

CorrieHibs
03-05-2012, 07:50 AM
This is a quote from another deluded yam on the Scotsman he wrote:

BaldrickThursday, May 3, 2012 at 02:09 AM
Surely the bigger issue here is whether Hibs will sell their allocation or whether we will see a debacle like April 2006. I think the SFA must demand the reurn of unsold tickets at least a week before the final in order that they can be allocated to Hearts supporters. Hibs selling some of their allocation to Hearts supporters next Monday is a very smart initiative and I commend them for it.

They really do think they are massive and we're just their whipping boys. Fair enough i admit it was embarrassing in the semi but for what ever reason we didn't sell out but i'm sure they didn't either. Their was only 10k at their semi against Celtic.

one day maybe...
03-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Yeah Hibs are profiteering by doing this, but it is not better for our club to make some extra income from this that can be given to pat or helpt to pay the wages to retain a player. I am sure all that are due a ticket for the various reasons ie; ST holder, memberships and the like will get theirs. How Hibs distribute the rest is entirely up to them and if it means making some extra finance for the club then so be it.
PS. I do not fall into any of the catergories for a priorty ticket, I take my chance like everyone else getting one.

Speedy
03-05-2012, 07:56 AM

The majority of people will go to the Dunfermline game in a group of more than one, and not all of them will get tickets from the draw. I'd imagine most would agree to share the tickets amongst the guys they go to the Dunfermline game with.

hibeenicol
03-05-2012, 08:14 AM

:agree: This is how I see it as well.

Also they could have said if you were at cowdenbeath, ayr and the semi you've got a better chance of a ticket. I just don't see how the club are rewarding Fans that have been at easter road for the majority of games this season but don't have a season ticket or took up the club membership deal.

Green Man
03-05-2012, 08:27 AM
I was planning on going on Monday anyway - while I can see the sense in looking to maximise the crowd, a selfish part of me wishes the club hadn't announced it till we were in the ground, hence giving me a better chance of a ticket :greengrin

Squealing pig
03-05-2012, 08:36 AM
I'll be there +1. Four tickets for me hopefully

scoopyboy
03-05-2012, 08:51 AM
I do. Thanks for asking. You missed the point.

I've not missed any point.

Houchy
03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I'll be there on Monday but can't make the final. It'll be just my luck that me and my mate will be plucked out in the ballot. If that's the case, I presume I just notify the club that I don't wish to take up the option.

Barney McGrew
03-05-2012, 08:55 AM
This whole episode has been an exercise by Petrie and co for blatant profiteering

What profit do 'Petrie and co' make from it?

vein
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
I'll be there on Monday but can't make the final. It'll be just my luck that me and my mate will be plucked out in the ballot. If that's the case, I presume I just notify the club that I don't wish to take up the option.

Or you could notify your pal :wink:

I'll be heading along too so may see you there mate :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
03-05-2012, 09:28 AM

I dont think you would need to do anything. The ones who are chosen have until a certain time to claim tickets if you dont want them dont go.

BEEJ
03-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Well they have been empty all season, why shouldn't ST holders who have had to watch the crap we have watched all season try and get there selfs a extra ticket for the final, the club don't lose, the ST seat is paid for already and the club also get the money for the empty seat, it won't sell out on Monday so everyone going to the game will get in, wee won't suddenly have an extra 12,000 people turning up on Monday on the of chance they may get a ticket for the final,

the club are doing everything they can to get bums on seats on Monday night to support the team, if ST holders pay to get in in the chance of getting extra tickets for the final then good luck to them, shows they are willing to put there hand in there pocket to help the club, where as there will be a lot of folk wanting to go this game and they probably don't even support Hibs wanting tickets, let them go to Hibs fans.
I'm amazed you don't see the contradiction in the part highlighted. :greengrin

If the sole purpose of this initiative is to generate revenue for the club then your argument holds. The far more important objective, however, is to fill the stadium as far as possible with Hibs supporters for what is a crucial league fixture.

I already have a ticket for the final; another one would be great and I'm sure were I to get one I'd have a few candidates who would be willing to take advantage of it on May 19th. But it's not going to be my prime reason for wanting to be at ER on Monday evening.

Bristolhibby
03-05-2012, 09:36 AM

Then watch the game at the Easter Road Football Pod, while sitting on your horizontal reclining consumer receptacle.

J

H18sry
03-05-2012, 09:56 AM

As above, what's to stop yam's going along to the pods and spending a tenner on a kids ticket, and not even attending on Monday and having a chance of 2 tickets.

I think the board needs to clarify this :agree:

Hainan Hibs
03-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Good idea to get bums on seats for Monday but I don't agree with it being 2 tickets for each person when people have forked out a few hundred for a season ticket and got 1.

Ross4356
03-05-2012, 10:07 AM
As above, what's to stop yam's going along to the pods and spending a tenner on a kids ticket, and not even attending on Monday and having a chance of 2 tickets.

I think the board needs to clarify this :agree:

I would never ever sit in their end at any game never mind the final, I do think Hibs should have said, if you win you must be on the db to claim your ticket, problem solved

LancashireHibby
03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Good work Hibs. Already bought two tickets yesterday for the Dunfermline game (not really bothered about claiming the refund, mind) and the lad attending with me thought he'd have no chance of a ticket for the final (I've already got mine with my membership), so this at least gives him a chance though I've no idea how on earth he's going to be able to present his ticket at the club store at such short notice - hopefully there will be some way of claiming it by other means if he's lucky enough to win?

Bristolhibby
03-05-2012, 10:21 AM
I would never ever sit in their end at any game never mind the final, I do think Hibs should have said, if you win you must be on the db to claim your ticket, problem solved

But that would exclude pay at the gate fans who are not on the database.

As has been said, I woul rather not go than be in their end at the cup final.

J

aob4green
03-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Based on the fact that i'm a season ticket holder, so have effectively already bought a ticket for the game on Monday night (plus every other game this season) does this entiltle me get involved in this tombola for cup final tickets.....? Anyone? No. I thought as much.

Meanwhile, those who have not been for years, Johnnycomelately's, possible jambos, gloryhunters, call them what you will, etc, etc, etc, roll-up roll-up for the big Hibs cup final ticket giveaway. Form an orderly queue at the pod please and have your £22, £44 (dependant upon how many lottery tickets you require) ready please.

Bizarre indeed.

madabouthibs
03-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Surely you'd have to be on the database already for this? I've got a feeling that anyone turning up on the Thursday with their winning pod-bought lotto ticket will need to be on the database, but won't find out this until they get to the ticket office.

Cabbage East
03-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Based on the fact that i'm a season ticket holder, so have effectively already bought a ticket for the game on Monday night (plus every other game this season) does this entiltle me get involved in this tombola for cup final tickets.....? Anyone? No. I thought as much.

Meanwhile, those who have not been for years, Johnnycomelately's, possible jambos, gloryhunters, call them what you will, etc, etc, etc, roll-up roll-up for the big Hibs cup final ticket giveaway. Form an orderly queue at the pod please and have your £22, £44 (dependant upon how many lottery tickets you require) ready please.

Bizarre indeed.

You're already entitled to a ticket for the final so to put it bluntly, what you moaning at?

easty
03-05-2012, 10:43 AM

Bizarre indeed.

Leave Johny Comelately out of this, he was a season ticket holder for years before he was made redundant. He's an uberfan.

easty
03-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Surely you'd have to be on the database already for this? I've got a feeling that anyone turning up on the Thursday with their winning pod-bought lotto ticket will need to be on the database, but won't find out this until they get to the ticket office.

Cant people just go buy a ticket for Monday and be added to the database there and then?

madabouthibs
03-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Cant people just go buy a ticket for Monday and be added to the database there and then?

Possibly, if they're selling them on the night from the ticket office, but not if they only buy a ticket from one of the kiosks outside the stands as you don't give any details out.

EDIT: Ah, you obviously mean go before Monday......

lyonhibs
03-05-2012, 11:06 AM
I must have been imagining this, but have there not been a bazillion threads/posts saying that Hibs don't reward walk-up fans (£20 Membership aside.......) and that wouldn't it be great if Hibs encouraged a massive support for our most important league game of the season by offering supporters a chance to get a SC Final ticket if they buy a Dunfermline ticket.

The club has downed two birds with one stone, and yet people immediately pick apart the scheme and think it's an avenue for Jambos to get tickets for our end?? I'd estimate that there will be somewhere between 7 and 10 times the number of walk-ups vs the 500 "winning tickets"

If Johnny Jambo is willing to a) give Hibs money at those odds and b) watch his/her team get rammed at Hampden from the Hibs end, then, the obvious requirement for an immediate CAT scan aside, I'd let them.

A great scheme, with no real negatives from what I can see.

GGTTH

vein
03-05-2012, 11:20 AM

Bizarre indeed.

I can usually see both sides of an argument but I'm afraid I cant agree on this one at all.

The way I see it the majority of ST's will already sit with friends/family so have been guaranteed to get tickets together in a group. If the ST holder renews their ticket they get an extra for a mate. Therefore you as a ST holder have already had your priority benefit and got your ticket(s).

If Hibs were to draw 1000 tickets out of a hat you are going to get the majority of people sitting with people they dont know. That would be no issue for me but I can see why people would want to be sitting with someone they know. You might end up with Johnnycomelately sitting next to Jimmycomelatley and those guys dont get along. 500 tickets with an entitlement for 2 tickets makes perfect sense to me.

Hibs are taking advantage of the situation here and are going to add a few K onto the gate that would otherwise have not been going (me included). I agree with the majority on this one, Hibs should be applauded for this one.

Captain Trips
03-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Bugger I cannot make this one.

Billy Whizz
03-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Bugger I cannot make this one.

If you dont buy a ticket you can't enter into the draw!

joe breezy
03-05-2012, 11:36 AM
My dad's going to go on my behalf but he's not on the database so probably going to get him to say he's me just in case.. :confused:

Captain Trips
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
If you dont buy a ticket you can't enter into the draw!

Yeah I know hence why it is a bugger.

Captain Trips
03-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Could I buy one online as I have an account and I am on database, although I cannot go but allowing me a draw chance?

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 11:40 AM
What profit do 'Petrie and co' make from it?

Petrie just bought a new plasma TV. :confused:

STF got new tyres for his Jaguar but not from Farmers Autocare, to dear apparently. :greengrin

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm amazed you don't see the contradiction in the part highlighted. :greengrin

If the sole purpose of this initiative is to generate revenue for the club then your argument holds. The far more important objective, however, is to fill the stadium as far as possible with Hibs supporters for what is a crucial league fixture.

I already have a ticket for the final; another one would be great and I'm sure were I to get one I'd have a few candidates who would be willing to take advantage of it on May 19th. But it's not going to be my prime reason for wanting to be at ER on Monday evening.

Nor is it mine, i'm along to support the Hibs, bet you there is still plenty empty seats left after kick-off, and they won't have been paid for. :greengrin

vein
03-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Could I buy one online as I have an account and I am on database, although I cannot go but allowing me a draw chance?

Says on the press release that online and phone sales not avaliable any more. I guess thats to stop people buying a ticket to be in the draw and then not attending.

CropleyWasGod
03-05-2012, 11:46 AM
With respect, did you read the article? It clearly states that tha you can not buy tickets in advance and that they will only be available at the kiosks onmatch day until 6pm then at the turnstyles from 6.45. IMO this is to stop people buying tickets to get into the draw with no intention of going the game (or that can't make it like yourself).

With respect, did YOU read it?

They're freakin' PODS!!! :greengrin

vein
03-05-2012, 11:46 AM
With respect, did you read the article? It clearly states that tha you can not buy tickets in advance and that they will only be available at the kiosks onmatch day until 6pm then at the turnstyles from 6.45. IMO this is to stop people buying tickets to get into the draw with no intention of going the game (or that can't make it like yourself).

They are also being sold today and tomorrow (edit and Saturday!) from a 'pod' outside the FF are they not? I thought I read they are open up until 6pm.

Captain Trips
03-05-2012, 11:47 AM

I am on a mobile so could not access article.

lyonhibs
03-05-2012, 11:48 AM

No online or phone sales for this game now. You could buy in person b4 Monday tho.

Gatecrasher
03-05-2012, 11:49 AM
a quick question, I dont normally book tickets as i am a STH but i booked 2 for the Pars game online at the start of the week so my brothers can sit near me and picked the option to pick them up from ER. Do you pick up from the club shop or TO? Also how long does it take for the cash too come off?

Frazerbob
03-05-2012, 11:49 AM
They are also being sold today and tomorrow (edit and Saturday!) from a 'pod' outside the FF are they not? I thought I read they are open up until 6pm.

Oops....yes they are. Looks like I've been a twat.....sorry Carlsberg!

Frazerbob
03-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I am on a mobile so could not access article.

I was talking pash...sorry!

You can buy them in advance from the "pods" but not onlie or aver the phone.

vein
03-05-2012, 11:51 AM

As a way of saying sorry I'm sure Carlsberg would accept a cup final ticket, then you can both put this all behind you :greengrin

BEEJ
03-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Nor is it mine, i'm along to support the Hibs, bet you there is still plenty empty seats left after kick-off, and they won't have been paid for. :greengrin
Solution for your scheme is quite simple.

Invite along with you on Monday a Hibs supporter who is not otherwise planning to attend the match and give him / her for free the seat you purchase. You retain the ticket stub after the match, of course. :greengrin

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM

You been on an Leo Sayer. :greengrin

silverhibee
03-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Solution for your scheme is quite simple.

Invite along with you on Monday a Hibs supporter who is not otherwise planning to attend the match and give him / her for free the seat you purchase. You retain the ticket stub after the match, of course. :greengrin

Glad we got that one sorted Beej. :aok: :greengrin

McSwanky
03-05-2012, 12:49 PM
So I'm imagining this is this how it's going to go:

I/you/we/your Mum/your dog buys a ticket for Monday night and either goes or doesn't go.
Hibs do a draw of all the seat numbers that were sold at the ground and publish the numbers somewhere (internet?)
If my/your/our/your Mum/your dog's seat number is on the list, it gives me/you/us/your Mum/your dog the right to buy 2 tickets for the final.

So no need to be on any database to gain the right to buy a ticket for Monday as it's a regular walk-up kinda game, but surely you're going to have to be on the database to actually buy 2 tickets for the final????

i.e. if your Mum or your dog comes up as one of the winners, they can't exercise their right to buy final tickets?

So we could end up with significantly fewer than 1000 tickets actually being purchased from the ballot?

Or is it going to be a total free for all, allowing your Mum/your dog/Peter Sutcliffe/Hearty Harry/Roy Walker to do 2 'decent Hibbies' out of a cup final ticket?

Cabbage East
03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
So I'm imagining this is this how it's going to go:

I/you/we/your Mum/your dog buys a ticket for Monday night and either goes or doesn't go.
Hibs do a draw of all the seat numbers that were sold at the ground and publish the numbers somewhere (internet?)
If my/your/our/your Mum/your dog's seat number is on the list, it gives me/you/us/your Mum/your dog the right to buy 2 tickets for the final.

So no need to be on any database to gain the right to buy a ticket for Monday as it's a regular walk-up kinda game, but surely you're going to have to be on the database to actually buy 2 tickets for the final????

i.e. if your Mum or your dog comes up as one of the winners, they can't exercise their right to buy final tickets?

So we could end up with significantly fewer than 1000 tickets actually being purchased from the ballot?

Or is it going to be a total free for all, allowing your Mum/your dog/Peter Sutcliffe/Hearty Harry/Roy Walker to do 2 'decent Hibbies' out of a cup final ticket?

You'll have to be on the database to buy cup final tickets is my understanding, like any other category A game. Not possible to do it any other way for obvious reasons.

Pete
03-05-2012, 01:17 PM
You'll have to be on the database to buy cup final tickets is my understanding, like any other category A game. Not possible to do it any other way for obvious reasons.

It doesn't say that on the article though. If someone who isn't on the database has a winning ticket and are refused they would have a case for taking it further surely.

However, I'm not sure this will be an issue. I've a feeling that tickets they pick which don't match with names on the database will be discarded to avoid touts and jambos getting final tickets. They'll have given us their money but if they think they're getting a ticket then tough 'tache!

McSwanky
03-05-2012, 01:22 PM
It doesn't say that on the article though. If someone who isn't on the database has a winning ticket and are refused they would have a case for taking it further surely.

However, I'm not sure this will be an issue. I've a feeling that tickets they pick which don't match with names on the database will be discarded to avoid touts and jambos getting final tickets. They'll have given us their money but if they think they're getting a ticket then tough 'tache!

...this is where I get a bit hazy.

As far as I'm aware, you can buy a ticket without being on the database. So even though I am on the database, I could still just buy a ticket on the night of the game without giving my details. Then my ticket comes up trumps. I'm on the database, but there's no way of linking me with my client ref number or whatever it's called. I'm entitled to 2 tickets but I'll be refused?

Also, buying a ticket for a game actually gets you registered on the database, yes? So how would that work? Surely everyone that buys a ticket will then be on the database?

:confused:

Frazerbob
03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
You been on an Leo Sayer. :greengrin

Suffering the effects of yesterday's Leo......ooft!

Andy Bee
03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
How would the draw be made? I'm guessing it would be the half of the ticket that gets retained at the turnstyles would go in the pot, if so you'd need to attend naw?

1875 NO 1
03-05-2012, 01:27 PM

As far as I'm aware, you can buy a ticket without being on the database. So even though I am on the database, I could still just buy a ticket on the night of the game without giving my details. Then my ticket comes up trumps. I'm on the database, but there's no way of linking me with my client ref number or whatever it's called. I'm entitled to 2 tickets but I'll be refused?

Also, buying a ticket for a game actually gets you registered on the database, yes? So how would that work? Surely everyone that buys a ticket will then be on the database?

I think it could be a non issue. You didn't have to say who your 2nd tick was for. You could give it to somebody on a banning order.

Pete
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM

I think the key is whether they take your details and client ref at these "pods" on the days before the game. If they don't then it might actually be a total free for all.

jgl07
03-05-2012, 01:44 PM
How would the draw be made? I'm guessing it would be the half of the ticket that gets retained at the turnstyles would go in the pot, if so you'd need to attend naw?

But they don't retain anything of the ticket at the turnstile. They simply scan it.

Maybe they will have an electronic data base showing those who entered the ground?

I assume that they will post the successful seat numbers on the website.

Maybe there will be no lottery and everyone who attends can claim a ticket?

Hibs seem to have got an extra 1,000 tickets.

TornadoHibby
03-05-2012, 02:42 PM
I think he MAY have been joking.

Whoosh :wink:

There's just no keeping up with the wit of all you clever smart guys now is there? :wink::greengrin

The_Todd
03-05-2012, 05:53 PM
I think the key is whether they take your details and client ref at these "pods" on the days before the game. If they don't then it might actually be a total free for all.

They don't. I'm a member and I bought my Dunfy ticket at the pod today. No questions, just "Two tickets please, here you go, job done". The tickets are pre printed, they're just giving them out randomly.

DH1875
03-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Does my free ticket that was added to my online account after I.bought a season ticket count?

If so I'll start the bidding at £75, do I hear £75?

Have you got a free ticket? I had one sitting in my account all week but it's away now :hmmm:. Total pain in the **** not being able to buy a ticket online as don't live in Edinburgh.

So you can sit with someone you know rather than going on your own.

What's wrong with going on your own? I go most weeks on my tod :confused:.

The_Todd
03-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I go most weeks on my tod :confused:.

Leave me out of this.

Captain Trips
03-05-2012, 06:09 PM
As a way of saying sorry I'm sure Carlsberg would accept a cup final ticket, then you can both put this all behind you :greengrin

That I do agree with :greengrin

skipster7
03-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Brilliant scheme to maybe add a few thousand on to the gate when we need it most.:agree: For some reason i cant the old " Golden Ticket " Willie Wonka song out my head when reading this thread :greengrin

Buffalo75
03-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Brilliant scheme to maybe add a few thousand on to the gate when we need it most.:agree: For some reason i cant the old " Golden Ticket " Willie Wonka song out my head when reading this thread :greengrin

Charlie! Hold on to that ticket! Run for it, Charlie!Run straight home and don't stop 'til you get there!

http://youtu.be/uNBl_XIUzgQ

macca70
03-05-2012, 08:20 PM
RODS PODS

Lovin it

Big Frank
03-05-2012, 09:01 PM
RODS PODS

Lovin it

RODS PODS MAKES WADS

:cb

Captain Trips
03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
RODS PODS

Lovin it

Rod in his Pod?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/02/Davros_Wisher.png/200px-Davros_Wisher.png

DH1875
04-05-2012, 11:52 AM
No chance they should be getting 2 tickets but you can see why the club have done it (nothing to do with going on your own). A lot of people have bought a ST for next season because it got them a ticket. Bad enough they had a chance with the 500 but extend that to 1000 and there would maybe have been a few unhappy fans.
If they announced this last week there would be no chance we'd have sold so many season tickets for next year.

vein
04-05-2012, 12:08 PM
No chance they should be getting 2 tickets but you can see why the club have done it (nothing to do with going on your own). A lot of people have bought a ST for next season because it got them a ticket. Bad enough they had a chance with the 500 but extend that to 1000 and there would maybe have been a few unhappy fans.
If they announced this last week there would be no chance we'd have sold so many season tickets for next year.

Why should they not get 2 tickets? I dont get why people are getting upset over this. For ST's and Memberships there has been the process where forms have been completed to ensure people are sitting in groups. 2 per head on this golden ticket scheme has everything to do with not sitting on your own IMO.

I would still have been enticed along on Monday had it only been 1 ticket per winner but I can see why the club have gone for 2 per winner instead, as this will entice even more people along.

For the record Hibs have also scored another £20 out of me for a top for my wee lad that I would not have been buying had it not been for this scheme. So in total that's £50 they have got from me for the top and a ticket for me and my son that this time last week they would not have been getting.

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Why should they not get 2 tickets? I dont get why people are getting upset over this. For ST's and Memberships there has been the process where forms have been completed to ensure people are sitting in groups. 2 per head on this golden ticket scheme has everything to do with not sitting on your own IMO.

I would still have been enticed along on Monday had it only been 1 ticket per winner but I can see why the club have gone for 2 per winner instead, as this will entice even more people along.

For the record Hibs have also scored another £20 out of me for a top for my wee lad that I would not have been buying had it not been for this scheme. So in total that's £50 they have got from me for the top and a ticket for me and my son that this time last week they would not have been getting.

Along with my total ST costs of £1000+ they're doing pretty well eh!!!

vein
04-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Along with my total ST costs of £1000+ they're doing pretty well eh!!!

Aye, not too shabbily! Unfortunatley going back to being a ST holder is not an option for me at this point in time. The point I'm making though is I'm sure there will be plenty folk like me spending 30/40/50 quid that Hibs would not otherwise have been receiving.

kenny-55
04-05-2012, 12:47 PM
thats 2 tickets bought at shop today 11 am place empty in and out 2 mins asked name and adddress and tickets have my client number on them
so roll on the hibees lottery next week :wink::greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
:pfgwa:pfgwa

vein
04-05-2012, 12:54 PM
thats 2 tickets bought at shop today 11 am place empty in and out 2 mins asked name and adddress and tickets have my client number on them
so roll on the hibees lottery next week :wink::greengrin:greengrin:greengrin
:pfgwa:pfgwa

I got my tickets from the 'pod' in between the East and FF and didnt get asked for my name and address. Thats me all paranoid now!! :paranoid:

HibeeN
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I bought my tickets for the Dunfermline game online before it was pulled...will the ticket office be open on Monday evening before the game to collect them or is it just these pods? :confused:

kenny-55
04-05-2012, 01:19 PM
perhaps it was because I paid by card and not cash ?? but was on data base anyway from previous games and previous season ticket holder
Lapsed due to working every second weekend :-(

:flag::flag:

jgl07
04-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I bought my tickets for the Dunfermline game online before it was pulled...will the ticket office be open on Monday evening before the game to collect them or is it just these pods? :confused:

There is a window in the ticket office for collections.

vein
04-05-2012, 01:23 PM
perhaps it was because I paid by card and not cash ?? but was on data base anyway from previous games and previous season ticket holder
Lapsed due to working every second weekend :-(

:flag::flag:

That would make sense then, did you try one of the pods first? I was down at the same time as you but headed straight for the pod before going into the shop. I had taken cash with me for tickets as I had it in my head there would be no card sales for this game.

Cheers

HibeeN
04-05-2012, 01:30 PM
There is a window in the ticket office for collections.

Cheers :thumbsup:

kenny-55
04-05-2012, 01:34 PM
That would make sense then, did you try one of the pods first? I was down at the same time as you but headed straight for the pod before going into the shop. I had taken cash with me for tickets as I had it in my head there would be no card sales for this game.

Cheers

yes went to the pod first but only take cash there so had to go to the shop a mere 100 yards away :-)
so it was no problem good luck in the draw (after me that is ) :wink:

J-C
04-05-2012, 03:46 PM
yes went to the pod first but only take cash there so had to go to the shop a mere 100 yards away :-)
so it was no problem good luck in the draw (after me that is ) :wink:
I phoned to get a ticket for me and my daughter, had to go all the way from parkgrove to Easter Ed for them as they werent doing phone or web sales, poor

smack
04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
I phoned to get a ticket for me and my daughter, had to go all the way from parkgrove to Easter Ed for them as they werent doing phone or web sales, poor

That'll be because it states on the hibs website they're not doing phone or web sales now for Dunfermline game

hibee
04-05-2012, 04:12 PM

You could have bought them on Monday when you arrived at the game.

scoopyboy
04-05-2012, 04:26 PM

Sorry, don't know where Parkgrove is.

Is it a lot of miles away from Easter Road?

Houchy
04-05-2012, 05:05 PM
I went in on Wednesday at 12:00 to get my tickets and had to give my name and address.:agree:

DH1875
04-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Aye, not too shabbily! Unfortunatley going back to being a ST holder is not an option for me at this point in time. The point I'm making though is I'm sure there will be plenty folk like me spending 30/40/50 quid that Hibs would not otherwise have been receiving.

I see your point but if you think it's fair for someone who pays 30/40/50 quid to have the chance of getting 4 tickets while the bloke who spent 400/500/600 quid only got one then, in my opinion that's not fair. You have a ticket so you should be in the ballot. Your son has a ticket and is in the ballot. You could end up with 4 tickets, no bad for £50 (and your boy got a top).

J-C
04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Sorry, don't know where Parkgrove is.

Is it a lot of miles away from Easter Road?
Around 6 miles having to drive right through town, what about folk who are working and can't get to the ticket office

J-C
04-05-2012, 05:47 PM
You could have bought them on Monday when you arrived at the game.

Wanted 2 seats together so wanted to make sure I knew where in the east I was sitting

DH1875
04-05-2012, 05:53 PM
Around 6 miles having to drive right through town, what about folk who are working and can't get to the ticket office

Paying at the gate :scarf:.

vein
04-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I went in on Wednesday at 12:00 to get my tickets and had to give my name and address.:agree:

That was before the golden ticket promo was launched though was it not mate

I'm interested to know if anyone else who bought at a pod was asked if they were on the database. Just worried that only folks on the database will enter the draw. I wasn't asked but I'm on the bloody thing! Probably just being paranoid though.

Scouse Hibee
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM
That was before the golden ticket promo was launched though was it not mate

I'm interested to know if anyone else who bought at a pod was asked if they were on the database. Just worried that only folks on the database will enter the draw. I wasn't asked but I'm on the bloody thing! Probably just being paranoid though.

Nah you're okay the draw results will identify the seat you were in so as long as keep your ticket stub you'll be fine.

J-C
04-05-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm dragging my daughter along just to have 2 chances in the draw :)

vein
04-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I see your point but if you think it's fair for someone who pays 30/40/50 quid to have the chance of getting 4 tickets while the bloke who spent 400/500/600 quid only got one then, in my opinion that's not fair. You have a ticket so you should be in the ballot. Your son has a ticket and is in the ballot. You could end up with 4 tickets, no bad for £50 (and your boy got a top).

My own opinion is that one per new st holder is fair enough, I did think existing st holders should have got 2 regardless of if they were renewing or not though.

At the end of the day this is a competition where I'll probably have a 1 in 10 chance of getting drawn out. Hibs get extra cash they would not have been getting and 500 hibbies get lucky and get to buy 2 tickets. It's very unlikely that I will get 4 tickets but even if I do any spares will be going to fellow hibbies at face value.

Billy Whizz
04-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Would suggest anyone buying tickets for the game to get along early
Can see massive queues to get in

cammy1969
04-05-2012, 07:27 PM
can't help but think that rods missed a trick here a few cf tickets in the foil of a steak pie not mince as they're to cheap and he could have made a mint on the extra pie sales when will the man learn :greengrin:pfgwa

Billy Whizz
04-05-2012, 07:28 PM
can't help but think that rods missed a trick here a few cf tickets in the foil of a steak pie not mince as they're to cheap and he could have made a mint on the extra pie sales when will the man learn :greengrin:pfgwa

Hibs dont make money on Pies. They sell the space and the caterer does😄

cammy1969
04-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Hibs dont make money on Pies. They sell the space and the caterer does
its ok mate it was a joke just a play on the charlie and the chocolate post earlier on

Hibs90
04-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Must just be picking random seat numbers surely?

Billy Whizz
04-05-2012, 07:41 PM
its ok mate it was a joke just a play on the charlie and the chocolate post earlier on

Seriously

IberianHibernian
04-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Has anyone who bought tickets online for Dunfermline match not received tickets yet ? A friend who doesn`t post here told me he`d been charged for ticket a couple of weeks ago but still didn`t have ticket today . On official site it said fans who`d bought tickets before would get refund ( difference in prices presumably ) but didn`t say original orders would be cancelled . Bad luck having such an important league match just 2 days after deadline for cup final tickets I suppose .

dp00
05-05-2012, 12:39 AM
After reading a few threads on the draw for final tickets I was wondering, in order to be put in the draw does your ticket need to be used in Monday night ?

Pete
05-05-2012, 12:59 AM
After reading a few threads on the draw for final tickets I was wondering, in order to be put in the draw does your ticket need to be used in Monday night ?

Yes, it has to be apparently.

Bit of a pisser for all those who purchased an extra lottery ticket or any chancers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Quite right too.

Kenny1875
05-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I bought a ticket alone and now a mate wants to come too. Anyone know the chances of him being able to pay at the gate and get a ticket next to me? ie. is it close to selling out?

Togs91
06-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Ive got tickets for me my dad and brother, theyre still going but ive been called back to work today :@, obviously their tickets will be in te ballot but will my ticket count?

Onceinawhile
06-05-2012, 04:11 PM
I bought a ticket alone and now a mate wants to come too. Anyone know the chances of him being able to pay at the gate and get a ticket next to me? ie. is it close to selling out?

It won't be close to selling out. 14-15,000 attendance absolute max, and even that is optimistic.

lyonhibs
06-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Ive got tickets for me my dad and brother, theyre still going but ive been called back to work today :@, obviously their tickets will be in te ballot but will my ticket count?

As far as I know, the ticket has to be used to count.

clerriehibs
06-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Yes, it has to be apparently.

Bit of a pisser for all those who purchased an extra lottery ticket or any chancers.

Especially for those who bought a concession or two with no intention (or ability) to use it!

hibee_girl
07-05-2012, 09:35 AM
I've just been round to get my grandad a ticket for tonight, tickets are now only available from the cash pod just before the FF stand.

Wasn't a queue but there was a steady stream of people buying tickets

Togs91
07-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Tickets were not scanned on way through the turnstiles so if you havent made it but have tickets for whatever reason keep them!:flag:

Jim44
07-05-2012, 11:56 PM
When and where are the winning numbers to be announced?

7Hero
08-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Just how did hibs work it out then.

My mate mentioned there was a "buy a ticket before 6pm" restriction, yet the cash gates were heaving ?

Did the heaving cash gates get into the ballot ?

Albanian Hibs
08-05-2012, 06:58 AM
I don't think you had to buy a ticket before 6pm to qualify for the ballot. We never got in with a ticket until after 6.30pm.

down-the-slope
08-05-2012, 07:00 AM
no tickets had the stub on them from what I could see - including PATG..presumably its these that will be drawn at 5pm today...

Albanian Hibs
08-05-2012, 07:03 AM
no tickets had the stub on them from what I could see - including PATG..presumably its these that will be drawn at 5pm today...

:agree: all tickets that were bought (either beforehand or at the cash gate) will be put into the ballot this evening. That's why the scanners were not in use, so that the stubs could be collected from all the tickets.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2012, 07:36 AM
So everyone keep their stubs, in it to win :-)

MacBean
08-05-2012, 07:38 AM
You need to take it with you when collecting/buying your ticket

McSwanky
08-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I have a question which I don't think has been answered yet. I went with someone who isn't on the database last night, what if his ticket wins? Does he still need to be on the database to buy tickets for the final?

Jim44
08-05-2012, 07:41 AM
But if you bought a ticket at the cash gate, how do they know who the stub belongs to?

When the winning numbers are published you will have a short period of time to claim your tickets on production of your stub from last night.

hibee
08-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Tickets were not scanned on way through the turnstiles so if you havent made it but have tickets for whatever reason keep them!:flag:

The guy at my turnstile was being shown what to do for the draw when we we're going through, he was told to rip the stubs off the tickets and put them in the box for the draw do it's unlikely you will be in the draw if you weren't there. On saying that our tickets were bought weeks ago so maybe the recent purchases already had their stubs removed before they were sold?

Taz_hibee
08-05-2012, 09:15 AM
I have a question which I don't think has been answered yet. I went with someone who isn't on the database last night, what if his ticket wins? Does he still need to be on the database to buy tickets for the final?

Yes, it was announced last night only people on the data base will be sold tickets

Hermit Crab
08-05-2012, 09:25 AM
You need to take it with you when collecting/buying your ticket

Yeah post edited after I finished having a blonde moment haha.

McSwanky
08-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Yes, it was announced last night only people on the data base will be sold tickets

Unless my ears deceive me, they only said that about the public sale on Wednesday.

Fifer
08-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Unless my ears deceive me, they only said that about the public sale on Wednesday.

How many tickets is there going to be made available in the public sale.
And is there a limit as to how many you can buy ?

Kenny1875
08-05-2012, 09:58 AM

I suppose you could go and buy them for him, I you weren't feeling too jealous at him winning!

Togs91
08-05-2012, 10:08 AM
The 500 winning tickets will be taken from any tickets bought from the cash pods before the game, and the tickets bought att the turnstyles on the night. If your ticket wins you do not need to be on the database, as said on the website. People buying tickets via phone or internet in the public sale tommorow morning however have to be on the database and are limited to buying only two tickets :)

Bristolhibby
08-05-2012, 10:41 AM
If your names not in the database and you have a winning stub. Give it to a mate that is on the database for him to buy your tickets for you.

Problem solved.

J

McSwanky
08-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I suppose you could go and buy them for him, I you weren't feeling too jealous at him winning!

Yeah, that's what I told him. The mug only went and handed me his ticket stub 'just in case'... I may just have forgotten which one's his and which one's mine though.... :wink:

Togs91
08-05-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120508/cup-final-ballot_2262950_2763534

You dont need to be on the database for collecting tickets if your seat is a winning one! Only i your phoning or using the eticket website to buy in the public sale tommorow

cwilliamson85
08-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Anybody know when the 500 ticket numbers will published online? Draw is happening now?

I am in London and using my phone to keep an eye on the Hibs site but without flash I am missing the revolving image.

Will somebody post the info on here when it goes live?

smack
08-05-2012, 04:13 PM
1st ticket just drawn.

West stand upper AA 87

cocopops1875
08-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Anybody know when the 500 ticket numbers will published online? Draw is happening now?

I am in London and using my phone to keep an eye on the Hibs site but without flash I am missing the revolving image.

getting listed on hibs website tonight :wink:

Togs91
08-05-2012, 04:20 PM
The guy at my turnstile was being shown what to do for the draw when we we're going through, he was told to rip the stubs off the tickets and put them in the box for the draw do it's unlikely you will be in the draw if you weren't there. On saying that our tickets were bought weeks ago so maybe the recent purchases already had their stubs removed before they were sold?

Yeah i got called away but my mrs took the ticket and went along, i think your right but hey i suppose we will find out soon enough

The_Todd
08-05-2012, 04:52 PM

The stubs were torn off. I think it's a case of nae luck if you bought a ticket but didn't go. By the way, I understand SOME people doing that (work, prior commitments), but I wonder how many people paid for a ticket then sat at home and watched on TV?

steviehibsleith
08-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes think u r right as the guy at turnstile pulled off my stub put it in a bucket and said keep ticket u r in the draw . Fingers crossed and everything else

Togs91
08-05-2012, 05:01 PM
The stubs were torn off. I think it's a case of nae luck if you bought a ticket but didn't go. By the way, I understand SOME people doing that (work, prior commitments), but I wonder how many people paid for a ticket then sat at home and watched on TV?

I was one of the unlucky got called back to work which is in the south of england so i had noooo chance of going, but i made the mrs go so it wasnt wasted and there was an extra voice!! :aok:

NthCarolinaHibs
08-05-2012, 05:10 PM
1st ticket just drawn.

West stand upper AA 87 Source :confused:

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 05:35 PM
1st ticket just drawn.

West stand upper AA 87

:wink: Those in the West Upper know the score!

iwasthere1972
08-05-2012, 05:47 PM

Hope it's not like the Champions League draw where we have to put up with dancers/singers and long drawn out speeches.

Seriously I would expect a list of the "winners" to appear in the next hours once it's typed up.

KWJ
08-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Hope it's not like the Champions League draw where we have to put up with dancers/singers and long drawn out speeches.

Seriously I would expect a list of the "winners" to appear in the next hours once it's typed up.

gonnae change thon profile pic :greengrin:slipper:

HibbyDave
08-05-2012, 05:57 PM
2 hours later and still nothing on the fishul site.

Come on Petrie.........GET IT SORTED!!!!!!

bod
08-05-2012, 06:00 PM

heard the tash is quiet a trendy dancer as for the /swinger :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Just had a call from the club telling me i have won 2 tickets in the draw, you did put your name address and telephone number on the back?

Aldo
08-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Just had a call from the club telling me i have won 2 tickets in the draw, you did put your name address and telephone number on the back?

Well done BH.

HibbyDave
08-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I must have put your name , address etc on my ticket BH. Please send me the claim details ASAP:greengrin

eezyrider
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
I think that's the result of the draw up. The site has crashed for me.

Scouse Hibee
:confused:My ST seat must have been put in the draw by mistake! What a result 2 more tickets woo hoo :flag:

hibee_girl
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120508/cup-final-ballot-results_2262950_2764244

Jack
It took the best part of an hour to read all the stub numbers out. Shouldn't be long now.

Hibs.net had a rep there who will be providing a report on what happened.

Results will also be the the EEN tomorrow.

Gatecrasher
08-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Aw well my bros tickets didn't come up, just as well we all have them ready for us

HibbyDave
08-05-2012, 06:11 PM
7000 entries......where do all these "walk up" types go to on normal match days?

Edinburgh Green
08-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Looks like nearly everyone who was in the South stand got a ticket! Should of stayed for that extra pint :grr: