PDA

View Full Version : new signings for the summer..........

Tha Cabbage Kid
26-04-2012, 04:21 PM
was reading in the Scotsman:

In recent days, the Irishman has been linked with the likes of Partick Thistle’s Paul Cairney – watching the midfielder score a hat-trick against Dundee at Dens Park last weekend – Dundee United’s Leith-born winger Danny Swanson, Barry Nicholson of Preston North End and Morton’s French youngster Fouad Bachirou.

apart from maybe danny, the other guys are a bit unknown. not really a fan of nicholson.

anyone got any info on these payers? and anyone herd of any other signing we have been linkeed with?

possibility list
johnny hayes
Danny Swanson
John Daly
Fouad Bachirou
Barry Nicholson
Paul Cairney
James McPake
Leigh Griffiths
Sean Dillion
Dean Sheils
Garry Kenneth
Gavan Holohan

Reaper
26-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Nicholson - No thanks too old.
Boy fae partick - Happy to see the club try guys from the lower league clubs, plenty of success stories come from the lower leagues.
Swanson - Yes if his injuries problems are behind him.
Know nowt about the other guy.

Tha Cabbage Kid
26-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Nicholson - No thanks too old.
Boy fae partick - Happy to see the club try guys from the lower league clubs, plenty of success stories come from the lower leagues.
Swanson - Yes if his injuries problems are behind him.
Know nowt about the other guy.

aye look at that guy mackay-stevens for dundee utd.

SteveHFC
26-04-2012, 04:33 PM
was reading in the Scotsman:

Barry Nicholson of Preston North End anyone got any info on these payers? and anyone herd of any other signing we have been linkeed with?

Nicholson was good player at the Sheep i would be happy to take him :aok:

MSK
26-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Nicholson was good player at the Sheep i would be happy to take him :aok:Aw gawd ....:faint:

Billy Whizz
26-04-2012, 04:39 PM
I think we'll be looking at around 8 players for the new season. I think we've got 8-10 players in loan or out of contact at the end of the season.
We really need to secure SPL safety as soon as possible so Pat can go and get his 1st pick signings

Tha Cabbage Kid
26-04-2012, 04:49 PM
I think we'll be looking at around 8 players for the new season. I think we've got 8-10 players in loan or out of contact at the end of the season.
We really need to secure SPL safety as soon as possible so Pat can go and get his 1st pick signings

is there a likelyhood we can sign any of out current on-loan players?

Billy Whizz
26-04-2012, 05:02 PM
is there a likelyhood we can sign any of out current on-loan players?

Possibly 2, McPake and Griffiths, not sure about Francomb but Docherty has made it quite clear that he's going back to Wolves.

PeterboroHibee
26-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Possibly 2, McPake and Griffiths, not sure about Francomb but Docherty has made it quite clear that he's going back to Wolves.

His chances of playing might have improved now that they are relegated, but would like to see Doherty come back for another years loan. Whoever their new manager is is going to have ideas about the team and Doherty is still quite young, would be better playing for us every week than playing in the reserves for Wolves.

As for the players in the list at the top, wouldnt mind any of them. Fenlons got a big job in the summer, needs to get in the right players!

hibee
26-04-2012, 05:21 PM

So was Michael Hart!

Sir David Gray
26-04-2012, 05:23 PM

So was Michael Hart...

Just saying! :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Got nothing against giving guys from the lower leagues a go. But Nicholson is 34 not exactly one for the future and I'm a bit worried after our last PNE offload.

But we must attract some decent SPL players ... If he's out of contract Hasselbaink has got to be a target IMO. I cant see us holding on to McPake I'm sorry to say, so we have to look at CHs as well.

Not to mention a midfield player or two who can pass and move at pace.

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Dean Shiels, Hibs are CRYING OUT for a player with creativity and his calibre, Would be the 1st player on my shopping list.

3pm
26-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Dean Shiels, Hibs are CRYING OUT for a player with creativity and his calibre, Would be the 1st player on my shopping list.

I have been told this is happening. Ask Scoopy or Brooster, they might know!

ancient hibee
26-04-2012, 06:16 PM

Unfortunately his first pick signings may well have other ideas.

Bishop Hibee
26-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Swanson is a possibility if Fenlon wants him given his injuries.

I'd like to see Hibs sign McPake and Griffiths and go for Murray Davidson from St Johnston and Paul McGowan from St Mirren.

We can dream!

HibbyAndy
26-04-2012, 06:33 PM

Would love this to happen, The noises that Kenny Shiels made about us taking players in January that Killie could simply not afford may bare fruit. Lets take Deano hame.

Tha Cabbage Kid
26-04-2012, 11:52 PM
what about zammama? looks like hes no getting a game for the boro. he's creative

jgl07
26-04-2012, 11:57 PM
what about zammama? looks like hes no getting a game for the boro. he's creative

You were not paying attention over the weekend:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17711575

frazeHFC
27-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Morton fans rave about Bachirou saying he is class.

frazeHFC
27-04-2012, 12:28 AM

Well done Zouma :thumbsup:

HoboHarry
27-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Lovely stuff from the wee man....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCgUvTwuxLg

Tha Cabbage Kid
27-04-2012, 08:07 AM

well acctually i did see that but apart from that lovely goal. he hasnt been getting a game all season.

Brooster
27-04-2012, 08:12 AM

I dont know if Hibs are intereseted in Shiels but he would be a great signing. I do know that we were speaking to a Dundee utd player last week who's name was NOT Swanson. The boy Cairnie is also defo on Hibs radar.

Billy Whizz
27-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I dont know if Hibs are intereseted in Shiels but he would be a great signing. I do know that we were speaking to a Dundee utd player last week who's name was NOT Swanson. The boy Cairnie is also defo on Hibs radar.

I wonder if it was the goalie Dusan Pernis, Gary Kenneth or John Daly as they are all out of contact at the end of the season

SneakersO'Toole
27-04-2012, 08:36 AM
I think the Dundee Utd player might be Sean Dillion.

CallumLaidlaw
27-04-2012, 08:47 AM
I wonder if it was the goalie Dusan Pernis, Gary Kenneth or John Daly as they are all out of contact at the end of the season

What about that goalscoring midfielder they have? John rankin :wink:

zlatan
27-04-2012, 08:57 AM
My mate is a Thistle fan and has a deep love for Cairney

Andy74
27-04-2012, 09:42 AM
My mate is a Thistle fan and has a deep love for Cairney

Thistle fan at my work too. He thinks they would miss him but he wasn't sure he could step up. He's played well this year but struggled a bit before that.

Stocky and works hard, good touch and likes to get forward, tricky but not quick was how he summed him up.

Greendub
27-04-2012, 09:45 AM
I dont really care as long as they are actual signings and not loans.

If we go on a loan spell again we're ****ed

IWasThere2016
27-04-2012, 09:45 AM

I know we enquired about a defender - but the reply was a straight no.

LancsHibs
27-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I know we enquired about a defender - but the reply was a straight no.

Garry Kenneth?

Billy Whizz
27-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Garry Kenneth?

He's out of contact do he's free to talk to anyone

just_joe
27-04-2012, 10:32 AM

Just the kind of striker we need in my opinion. Would love a creative player someone who can get the crowd in there feet. A Latapy type (if only!) but there must be someone out there!

PeterboroHibee
27-04-2012, 10:34 AM

I dont think it will be, Im sure Fenlon said that was a short term approach to get us out of the mess we were in and he will make real signings in the summer.

As for the Dundee United players, they have a pretty small squad and throughout the season, most of their players get a decent number of games. Cant see why they would want to come to us for much, if any more money. Theyve also had a pretty good season and will have bigger teams interested in their players.

Tha Cabbage Kid
27-04-2012, 11:12 AM

would rather have a loaned mcpake than a signed murdock

Joe
27-04-2012, 11:32 AM
http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/greg-takes-a-hull-of-a-good-luck-at-young-trialist-gavan-1.948192?referrerPath=/1.49997

Also mentioned in the Scotsman

Joe
27-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Could the Dundee United player be Sean Dillon?

With Fancombe and Doherty leaving we need an exsperienced right back and Dillon would fit the bill. Also didn't Fenlon manage Dillon at Shelbourne?

Pretty Boy
27-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Could the Dundee United player be Sean Dillon?

With Fancombe and Doherty leaving we need an exsperienced right back and Dillon would fit the bill. Also didn't Fenlon manage Dillon at Shelbourne?

We 100% definitely enquired about Dillon in January.

From the horses mouth.

JimBHibees
27-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I think the Dundee Utd player might be Sean Dillion.

That would be my guess played under PF at Shelbourne.

Joe
27-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Contract is up in May http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=3127&cd=2009&cd1=1

hibee-shtuggie
27-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Contract is up in May http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=2&nid=3127&cd=2009&cd1=1

Gavin Gunning

Brooster
27-04-2012, 12:42 PM
No it wasn't Sean Dillon.

CallumLaidlaw
01-05-2012, 08:00 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7720365/

JimBHibees
01-05-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7720365/

"I have told Terry Butcher I plan to speak to Hayes," said Brown in the Daily Record. "I didn't have to do that but believe it is only good manners.

What does he want a round of applause. Brown likes to overuse words like dignity, manners etc. Personally think he is so full of himself it is unreal.

Watched the Livi Morton game on Saturday in what was in all fairness a very poor game and Bachirou certainly didnt stand out in any way. Small player about 5.7. I know it is difficult to judge on one game however would be very surprised if he impressed anyone on that game.

JimBHibees
01-05-2012, 09:02 AM
No it wasn't Sean Dillon.

And .....:greengrin

--------
01-05-2012, 09:26 AM
ALL of this depends upon our staying up.

If we're relegated, none of the loan signings will be likely to stay, and bringing in players of SPL standard (such as that is) will depend on how we're performing around October time. If we don't look fairly certain for promotion by then, we'll have big trouble signing people.

the problem facing us is that somehow we have to stay in the SPL with a team of loan signings who really have no investment in the future of Hibs. Wherever Hibs are next season, they'll be somewhere else, earning more money.

And now it's deja vu all over again, as Yogi Berra would say. Clearing out one team, and frantically trying to sign another in June and July in toime for the pre-season before another relegation struggle. IF we're 'lucky'.

One advantage of relegation from my own personal point of view - no Sunday games in the SFL .... :rolleyes: