PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Edinburgh

HibernianBohs
04-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Alright lads, I'm a fan of Bohs in Ireland and Hibs and I am visiting Edinburgh between the 7th and 12th of July.
What is there to do other than get pissed, and what pubs are good for getting pissed?
Is it likely that there will be a Hibs pre-season game during the time? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Jack
04-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Alright lads, I'm a fan of Bohs in Ireland and Hibs and I am visiting Edinburgh between the 7th and 12th of July.
What is there to do other than get pissed, and what pubs are good for getting pissed?
Is it likely that there will be a Hibs pre-season game during the time? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I could be wrong here, it happened once before.

There's been talk of a match against Bohemians over there, pre season.

Given you're coming over here between these dates I wouldn’t like to offer you odds you'll be on the wrong side of the Irish Sea :devil: :faf:

... and it depends on what sort of getting pissed you like.

HibernianBohs
04-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah I would not be surprised if we play youse during a pre-season match, we did last season and lost 2-1 in Edinburgh. However I would be surprised if it is around that time, it is just after our 2 week break in the League and AFAIK our European fixtures take place around that time.
As for getting pissed, I would not really be into modern "music" so pubs where I would be likely to meet fellow minded people or Hibs fans would be great :wink:

HibernianBohs
08-04-2012, 03:43 AM
Can anyone on this Forum give me a bit of help, :confused:
A lot of youse lads live in Edinburgh :wink:

bingo70
08-04-2012, 06:08 AM
If your more into the pub scene than clubs I'd recommend heading to Leith and going down the shore, great pubs down there and if u get good weather few beer gardens too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Stay away from the pubs beside the playhouse unless you are a jobby jabber.

jodjam
08-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Head to Grassmarket area. Some good pubs in that area and you are fairly central. Have a great trip.

HibernianBohs
08-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Nice one lads, sound for the help :thumbsup:

danhibees1875
08-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Grassmarket is probabaly the place to go for some drinks. :aok:

If you're running out of dosh and don't mind slumming it a little a wee trip down the road to some of the pubs on the cowgate could be a plan.

If there is a group of you coming over and are all into the Hibs it could be worth seeing if anyone at ER could arrange a stadium tour for your group?

HibernianBohs
08-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Grassmarket is probabaly the place to go for some drinks. :aok:

If you're running out of dosh and don't mind slumming it a little a wee trip down the road to some of the pubs on the cowgate could be a plan.

If there is a group of you coming over and are all into the Hibs it could be worth seeing if anyone at ER could arrange a stadium tour for your group?
Yeah mate, was planning on visiting Easter Road alright, if something could be arranged that would be excellent

HibeeSince85
10-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Yeah I would not be surprised if we play youse during a pre-season match, we did last season and lost 2-1 in Edinburgh. However I would be surprised if it is around that time, it is just after our 2 week break in the League and AFAIK our European fixtures take place around that time.
As for getting pissed, I would not really be into modern "music" so pubs where I would be likely to meet fellow minded people or Hibs fans would be great :wink:

Ahem, 2-1? My memory tells me we scored 5 :greengrin