PDA

View Full Version : Weakened Hearts Side This Weekend

SteveHFC
03-04-2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/sergio-s-game-of-risk-1-2212547

Bloody typical :rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
03-04-2012, 11:53 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/edinburgh/sergio-s-game-of-risk-1-2212547

Bloody typical :rolleyes:

In fairness, if we were in their position we'd do exactly the same.

We'll just have to get on with it and try win our games.

keithkeith
03-04-2012, 11:58 PM
If it was the derby match this weekend, they wouldn't have done this, however...we would do the same and I expected it.

If we do our own part of the bargain and beat Motherwell, we don't need to worry as much about what others do.

Still very much in our own hands...

Greentinted
04-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Is there not still a rule/directive in force that demands clubs field their best team available?
If so this should be deemed at best lacking in sporting integrity (a diet version of their big insolvent pals through-by) and at worst cheating (so unlike them) as it can have a material effect on the outcome of both their own season (potential Euro spot) and that of others in the league.
Surely the SPL would feel aggrieved at having their own competition compromised for that of another?

Jim44
04-04-2012, 06:48 AM
They're still going on about their need to 'guarantee' European football next season, as if there was no questionmark about their eligibility. Are they expecting UEFA to bend the rules for 'big' clubs? :rolleyes:

keithkeith
04-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Difficult one to prove. They just say Beattie is struggling with a knock, so is Black. They also can say "Young guy from U19s looks good in training, knocking at door for ages, deserves his chance, etc".

Scottish Cup is the Yams only chance of silverware, so they will see they are entitled to rotate. Rotation part and parcel of modern football.

More worried about Motherwell being full strength...

keithkeith
04-04-2012, 07:23 AM
They're still going on about their need to 'guarantee' European football next season, as if there was no questionmark about their eligibility. Are they expecting UEFA to bend the rules for 'big' clubs? :rolleyes:

Hmmm. Wouldn't be surprised!

Craig_in_Prague
04-04-2012, 07:26 AM
They can field all the fringe players, who the owner slated for not leaving and picking up wages for doing nowt.

Yep, you can stick the Pars on your weekend coupon!

heretoday
04-04-2012, 07:36 AM
I would still expect Hearts to win.

IFONLY
04-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I would still expect Hearts to win.

Me too, Dunfermline are gash!!!!!!!

SloopJB
04-04-2012, 08:10 AM
I got ripped a few weeks back because I didn't subscribe to the view that Hearts should get beaten in every game they play. I cited this game in particular so be ready for the barrage telling you how wrong and yammish you are for not cheering the fact that Hearts may have to field a weakened team, all for the greater good it appears.

easty
04-04-2012, 08:22 AM
If the Yams want to field a weakened side then I dont have a problem with that. You should be allowed to drop/rest players whenever you want.

Golden Bear
04-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Maybe Vlad should be reminded of the potential financial consequences for his team if, by any chance, Hibs did get relegated.

carnoustiehibee
04-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Sergio is probably finding out what his team will look like next season after they get rid of all the top earners.

Can still see them winning tho, there u19s nearly beat the mighty spurs (also u19s, but the inbreds won't accept it was)

Hibbyradge
04-04-2012, 08:52 AM
If Hearts didn't get their accounts in on time, the last thing they'll want will be a pesky European qualification place to expose them.

If they can also help JJ, shaft us and rest their players at the same time, it's a quadruple whammy.

I've said several times that they'd lie down for JJ and so it comes to pass.

hibsbollah
04-04-2012, 08:55 AM
They're in the same boat as us. The cup is what matters now we're safe.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2012, 09:03 AM
They're in the same boat as us. The cup is what matters now we're safe.

We're not safe.

KeithTheHibby
04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Article writter by a roaster about a team full of roasters incidentally followed by deluded roasters.

Not one direct quote in that article apart from something in early March.

Gutterpress at it's best.

MB62
04-04-2012, 09:21 AM
They're not the brightest lot though are they, especially if the idea is to give J.J. and Dunfy a helping hand over us. A club in their current financial predicament needs all the potential income it can muster so it doesn't help them in any way if we do end up in div one. The difference to them financially between us going down and Dunfy going down will work out around £100,00, enough to pay a lot of their players wages for a month.

Bottom line though is, it is now in our own hands and it doesn't matter how many games Dunfy win if we keep winning too.

Beefster
04-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Is there not still a rule/directive in force that demands clubs field their best team available?

The rule for the Premiership is an absolute nonsense and I wouldn't want to see the same thing here. Managers should be free to use their squad however they want - it's their job on the line.

Hearts are in a position where they can rest several first team players - good for them.

Pretty Boy
04-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Hearts and Dunfermilne can do what they like as far as I'm concerned.

We are 6 points ahead, its what we do that will decide our fate.

If Hearts seriously wish to try and weaken themselves, some might even suggest deliberately lose a game, to cause us problems then that says everything about them really.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
We will win more points than Dunfermline between now and the end of the season. There is no problem here.

Golden Bear
04-04-2012, 10:08 AM
We will win more points than Dunfermline between now and the end of the season. There is no problem here.

I wish I had your confidence ----------- or your current alcohol intake!

:wink:

hibsbollah
04-04-2012, 10:13 AM
We're not safe.

Balderdash. Survival is in the bag.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
I wish I had your confidence ----------- or your current alcohol intake!

:wink:

Just look at it sensibly, they are more pish than us. They need to win 2 and draw 1 of 6 games. We then need to lose all 6. Its not going to happen. :on toast!

Greentinted
04-04-2012, 11:10 AM
The rule for the Premiership is an absolute nonsense and I wouldn't want to see the same thing here. Managers should be free to use their squad however they want - it's their job on the line.

Hearts are in a position where they can rest several first team players - good for them.

Aye, completely agree. I am just unsure if it's contained in the SPL rulebook (or even if such a document exists).

LeithBoozy
04-04-2012, 12:36 PM
The last thing we need is for the pars to get a lift, there first win at home at this stage. It could start them on a run, nothing to lose and all that.:rolleyes:

--------
04-04-2012, 01:41 PM
No more than I expected from them, frankly.

It's the sort of thing that leaves me hoping that they lie down and give the Pars the three points, we beat 'Well, and at the end of the season they miss out on a European place by a point. And we end up playing Celtic in the Cup Final.

Perfection would be winning it. :greengrin

Franck Stanton
04-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Who cares / I , for one don't. I don't want those manky mob from *********** to win ANY game, C'mon the Pars, you can do it. Ram it right up them. As for us, well, we have it in our own hands as to whether we stay in SPL or not. We can afford to lose a game, we will be ok. Don't want any "help" from them. So , once again I say C'mon the pars" , hope you well and truly gub them.

Dashing Bob S
04-04-2012, 02:11 PM
An end of season tussle between two of the smaller east coast clubs, one heading for division one, the other bound for extinction due to its own folly, is of absolutely no concern to me.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Who cares / I , for one don't. I don't want those manky mob from *********** to win ANY game, C'mon the Pars, you can do it. Ram it right up them. As for us, well, we have it in our own hands as to whether we stay in SPL or not. We can afford to lose a game, we will be ok. Don't want any "help" from them. So , once again I say C'mon the pars" , hope you well and truly gub them.

Well said. :top marks

Hibercelona
04-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Who cares what these mugs do.

I'd rather we saved ourselves instead of relying on our rivals.

Lets just focus on beating Motherwell on Sunday.

connerg
04-04-2012, 06:05 PM
No more than I expected from them, frankly.

It's the sort of thing that leaves me hoping that they lie down and give the Pars the three points, we beat 'Well, and at the end of the season they miss out on a European place by a point. And we end up playing Celtic in the Cup Final.

Perfection would be winning it. :greengrin

:faf: That would be the cherry on the icing on the cake.:aok:

O'Rourke3
04-04-2012, 09:44 PM
I always think there are consequences to certain actions. Rest this player for a big game and he then gets injured in training - that sort of thing. Look at Rangers a couple of seasons back, they'd won the league and rested everyone for the last few games then struggled to defeat QOS in the Cup final because on paper all they had to do was show up. So if the Jambos think this helps weaken their rivals and also helps them win a trophy - it will probably backfire (do we have a fingers crossed smiley?).

As for who plays, if they are in the first team squad at the start of the season, you can't be putting out a weakened team in my view....

macca70
04-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Blackpool were fined last year for fielding a weakened team, not so sure the same rules apply up here though:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackpool/9378679.stm

frazeHFC
04-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Makes no difference to the table after we pick up our 3 points on Sunday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Mad Vlad will want them to lose so that he doesna have to dig deep for win bonuses. Don't think it has anything to do with us.

Emerald
04-04-2012, 10:35 PM
As soon as JJ was anounced as Dunfy manager I had a look at when they were playing the cheats because I knew they would have yam flu or injury or whatever. I think its the biggest stick on bet of the season at the 7/2 price I took for a dunfy win. If I loose my money, I'll be delighted, if dunfy win then I'll be a good few quid richer. If Hibs beat Well and hertz get beat then fine. :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
04-04-2012, 11:06 PM

It's even worse down there when you consider that the Premier League brought in the 25 man squad rule for last season, Blackpool named players from that 25 man list in a game last season and then they were fined for not fielding their strongest team!

Within that 25 man list, a club should be able to name any combination of players that the manager likes.

The fine that Blackpool got last year was ludicrous.

Septimus
05-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Our interest should be in overhauling ICT rather than in a team below us scrabbling about for a few points.

Sammy7nil
05-04-2012, 11:29 AM
As soon as JJ was anounced as Dunfy manager I had a look at when they were playing the cheats because I knew they would have yam flu or injury or whatever. I think its the biggest stick on bet of the season at the 7/2 price I took for a dunfy win. If I loose my money, I'll be delighted, if dunfy win then I'll be a good few quid richer. If Hibs beat Well and hertz get beat then fine. :thumbsup:

Yip Hibs & Pars double 13/1 LUMP on :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2012, 03:54 PM
If Hearts didn't get their accounts in on time, the last thing they'll want will be a pesky European qualification place to expose them.

If they can also help JJ, shaft us and rest their players at the same time, it's a quadruple whammy.

I've said several times that they'd lie down for JJ and so it comes to pass.

Oh dear Hibbyradge - "I've said several times that they'd lie down for JJ"

Another crazy conspiracy theory bites the dust ! :aok:

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Now that it's over I really have to laugh at this Yam "big team" stance, a weakened team?, FFS who do they think they are?, Real Madrid?, they are struggling to stay in the top six not resting a team for the Champs league semi final!!!

You cannot make this comedy gold up that seeps outa tynie these days, I really really f*****G hate them :agree:

Hibs Class
07-04-2012, 05:30 PM
[/B]

Maybe Hearts did try to lie down but Dunfy are so utterly, superlatively pish they still couldn't take advantage? :devil:

Hibbyradge
07-04-2012, 06:01 PM
[/B]

Oh dear you.

Not only did they field a weakened team, they scored an own goal to try to encourage Dunfermline.

In fact, I'm told that there was no real danger when Zaliukas headed into his own net, but that he was heard to shout, "****** the Hibs" before bulleting it past a gleeful McDonald.

Tell me that's no real. Ya bam.

Nowt wrong with a crazy conspiracy theory.

BroxburnHibee
07-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh dear you.

Not only did they field a weakened team, they scored an own goal to try to encourage Dunfermline.

In fact, I'm told that there was no real danger when Zaliukas headed into his own net, but that he was heard to shout, "****** the Hibs" before bulleting it past a gleeful McDonald.

Bam!!!!!!

IFONLY
07-04-2012, 06:26 PM
As soon as JJ was anounced as Dunfy manager I had a look at when they were playing the cheats because I knew they would have yam flu or injury or whatever. biggest stick on beI think its thet of the season at the 7/2 price I took for a dunfy win. If I loose my money, I'll be delighted, if dunfy win then I'll be a good few quid richer. If Hibs beat Well and hertz get beat then fine. :thumbsup:

Not very good at football predictions are we!!!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
07-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Oh dear you.

Tee hee :tee hee::tee hee: