PDA

View Full Version : Slam Dunk Festival

Sylar
03-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm aware my taste in music can be quite obscure, but some others may appreciate this:

One day festival being held on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th of May (2 separate venues but same lineup) at the Universities of Leeds and Hertfordshire respectively. Tickets are either £35 or £40, the latter including access to the VIP afterparty. The lineup so far:

Funeral for a Friend
The Blackout
Taking Back Sunday
Motion City Soundtrack
The Architects
Cancer Bats
Every Time I Die
Mayday Parade
The Audition
Say Anything
Forever The Sickest Kids
MC Lars
Lower than Atlantis
Cartel
The Story So Far (no relation to the username I hasten to add! :greengrin )

And many more, including more "big names" being announced tomorrow afternoon.

Very rare when I get a festival lineup which really excites me but this is one! :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2012, 10:01 PM
I've never heard of any of them!

Haymaker
04-04-2012, 09:12 AM
It's an alright line up - hoping for some big headliners and a mini tour like last year. I was on the merch for anti-flag last year, was great fun getting to hang out with them, less than Jake and goldfinger.

Sylar
04-04-2012, 10:03 AM
It's an alright line up - hoping for some big headliners and a mini tour like last year. I was on the merch for anti-flag last year, was great fun getting to hang out with them, less than Jake and goldfinger.

There is a very small mini-tour, coming to Glasgow and also heading to Cardiff, but with a lot smaller lineups obviously.

More bands being announced at 12pm today - I'd pay the £35 alone to see FFAF, TBS and The Blackout - really hoping that the Lostprophets will be announced today, on the back of their new album and ahead of them leaving for the Vans Warped Tour, stateside.

Haymaker
04-04-2012, 01:01 PM
There is a very small mini-tour, coming to Glasgow and also heading to Cardiff, but with a lot smaller lineups obviously.

More bands being announced at 12pm today - I'd pay the £35 alone to see FFAF, TBS and The Blackout - really hoping that the Lostprophets will be announced today, on the back of their new album and ahead of them leaving for the Vans Warped Tour, stateside.

Yeah they did one down here in Southampton last year, was alright but it didnt sell out which was a shame. Still, I did shots at the bar with Chris from Less Than Jake. If someone said that to me ten years ago I would have told them to bolt!