PDA

View Full Version : (Danny) Lennon Criticises Yams

muzzhfc
20-03-2012, 05:28 PM
gotta agree with him. He has a fair point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17451400

Mikey
20-03-2012, 05:31 PM
He's absolutely spot on. Clubs shouldn't be allowed to play players that haven't been paid.

muzzhfc
20-03-2012, 05:35 PM
i was more agreeing with the fact that they struggle to pay wages yet sign a "big" name. how much in wages is he costing?

EK_Hibs
20-03-2012, 05:39 PM
gotta agree with him. He has a fair point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17451400

Fair play to Danny Lennon, bit of mind games before they knock Hearts out the Cup tomorrow.

The only thing I would say is that I keep reading people saying Hearts "don't pay their players" and I have to keep asking myself if that's true or not?
All the ****s are guilty of us paying their players LATE...

Anyway, f*** them! & f*** Jim Jefferies too.

Haymaker
20-03-2012, 05:40 PM
100% spot on.

AlbertK86
20-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Did the gutless SPL not threaten to punish them if it happened again?
Bottle crashed again!

bod
20-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Did the gutless SPL not threaten to punish them if it happened again?
Bottle crashed again!

i think the players have to make a complant first before the SPL cam do anything

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2012, 05:57 PM
A the thing about Lennon is that he never goes looking for a fight or tries to stir up trouble.

muzzhfc
20-03-2012, 06:07 PM
A the thing about Lennon is that he never goes looking for a fight or tries to stir up trouble.

yeah he leaves that to neil . . .

IFONLY
20-03-2012, 06:11 PM
i think the players have to make a complant first before the SPL cam do anything

You`re right but unfortunately the players need to grow a set before that happens.

Danderhall Hibs
20-03-2012, 06:14 PM

I saw the thread title and like you I was going to automatically disagree with him. Then I read the link and realised it's Danny's quotes. :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-03-2012, 06:14 PM
yeah he leaves that to neil . . .

I didn't as much as jump to a conclusion as plunge headlong. I will take it all back.

muzzhfc
20-03-2012, 06:31 PM
haha knew this would happen. NL doesnt deserve a thread about rants. even about the yams. (watch as at some point in the future i start a thread and back NL against the yams)

Bobby's Cinema
20-03-2012, 06:44 PM
He is 100% totally correct. Its cheating. Blatant cheating.

On a separate note, I find the hype around Beattie absolutely hilarious :aok:

nonshinyfinish
20-03-2012, 06:48 PM
I didn't as much as jump to a conclusion as plunge headlong. I will take it all back.

I read the title and was about to go off on one about how Lennon is broadly held to be full of s***e by people on here, but popular opinion suddenly changes when it's something against Hertz. Fortunately I clicked on the link first.

Mikey
20-03-2012, 06:52 PM
A wee birdie tells me that Beattie has yet to receive a bean from the Yams. No signing on fee, no pay, no nothing.

And the folk who run our league are letting it happen.

Eyrie
20-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I saw the thread title and like you I was going to automatically disagree with him. Then I read the link and realised it's Danny's quotes. :wink:
Threw me as well.

Agree 100% with what Lennon said regarding a team signing players when they can't afford to pay the existing squad, and well done to him for breaking the code of silence to state what should be obvious to the rule makers.

matty_f
20-03-2012, 08:01 PM
He's right. Closer to home we've tried to dign Black, Granger, Barr, Webster and iirc Kyle but lost out to higher wage offers from the Yams.

It is, IMHO, cheating.

PPZPOL
20-03-2012, 08:05 PM
A wee birdie tells me that Beattie has yet to receive a bean from the Yams. No signing on fee, no pay, no nothing.

And yet he has come in there and is playing out of his skin for them, including scoring what was basically the winning goal against us. Hmmmmm maybe we should have taken a punt on him if he is playing for free! What are they doing to keep these idiots happy?

GreenCastle
20-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Lennon is :top marks

How the league let the yams get away with their late payments constantly ?

It's not sour grapes - but you only have to look at Rangers now and it's obvious better financial monitoring should take place to stop the league coming into disrepute.

HFC07
20-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Surely this cannot sit right with the players, their not getting paid and his wage would go along way to paying a couple of lads. But no they all think that this is acceptable. Deluded

The_Todd
20-03-2012, 08:28 PM

More like Beatties letting it happen. If he can't be bothered to complain or signs up fully knowing how Hearts operate then that's his own lookout.

Hibernia Na Eir
20-03-2012, 08:38 PM
More like Beatties letting it happen. If he can't be bothered to complain or signs up fully knowing how Hearts operate then that's his own lookout.

Absolutey spot on and perhaps the very example the SFA/SPL should be using to investigate this crime ridden club.
Beattie and his "people" would have been FULLY aware of past/current tynecastle events, yet decided to sign for them.
Staggering and beggars belief!

Jim44
20-03-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm so disgusted with the players acceptance of being constantly kicked in the goolies that I am beginning to perversely hope that Vlad really turns the screw tighter and tighter till it makes life difficult for the spineless 'yes' men.

ekhibee
20-03-2012, 08:41 PM

Good point. I do get the feeling that when all the Rangers crap has blown over, the media might eventually focus on Hearts and how they can afford that calibre of player with the financial problems they obviously have. And robbing Peter to pay Paul seems to be their policy now, forget the 'greedy' extra players, sign a bigger name to keep the deluded happy.

Jim44
20-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Good point. I do get the feeling that when all the Rangers crap has blown over, the media might eventually focus on Hearts and how they can afford that calibre of player with the financial problems they obviously have. And robbing Peter to pay Paul seems to be their policy now, forget the 'greedy' extra players, sign a bigger name to keep the deluded happy.

I don't think they're as deluded as we think they are. They know full well what's going on but they are willing to turn a blind eye to the unprincipled management of their club as long as they are pulling their weight where it really counts ........ On the pitch!

Phil D. Rolls
20-03-2012, 08:55 PM

You don't expect them to get into a place where they would do the same to Rearranged FC do you?

TornadoHibby
20-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Absolutey spot on and perhaps the very example the SFA/SPL should be using to investigate this crime ridden club.
Beattie and his "people" would have been FULLY aware of past/current tynecastle events, yet decided to sign for them.
Staggering and beggars belief!

Maybe he's getting paid 'offshore' tax free under a separate contract not disclosed to the SPL?! :dunno:

Hibernia Na Eir
20-03-2012, 09:00 PM
how can ANYONE feel for Hertz' players now?

they've set their stall out and they can friggin lie in it!!

Baldy Foghorn
20-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Galling for me that their players are regularly paid late, but that does not stop them having pride in their performances against us, and always being more up for the fight....

ancient hibee
21-03-2012, 09:57 AM
A Hearts fan told me that Beattie was so keen to play for them that he's playing for nothing.I pointed out that it was true he was playing for nothing but not because he wanted to.

Cropley10
21-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Then more fool him!!!

Is the Hearts job just a short-term opportunity to resurrect his career. Seems like he can't have had (m)any options....

PatHead
21-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Then more fool him!!!

Is the Hearts job just a short-term opportunity to resurrect his career. Seems like he can't have had (m)any options....

He was offered a contract by St Mirren which I think is the main point in Lennon being peed off by being outbid by a club that can't afford to pay himm on time.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 03:37 PM
He's right. Closer to home we've tried to dign Black, Granger, Barr, Webster and iirc Kyle but lost out to higher wage offers from the Yams.

It is, IMHO, cheating.

Had the misfortune of listening to this piece of dog dirt speak publicly immediately after Sunday's game and remain happy he is not a Hibs player.

Andy74
21-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Had the misfortune of listening to this piece of dog dirt speak publicly immediately after Sunday's game and remain happy he is not a Hibs player.

I couldn't care if he mutilates kittens in his bedroom every night if he was to boss the midfield most games and win football matches for us.

We are generally soft and spineless yet we get all upset if someone who isn't a nice guy gets linked with us. Strange.

brog
21-03-2012, 03:49 PM

I'm not sure that's correct. I believe the SPL have only to be formally advised of the situation ( as Pars did recently ) for action to be taken. The complaint by the players forced SPL hand in Dec/Jan. A statement on the club's website must surely = formal advice that the players have not been paid. I believe SPL have authority to act now, they just don't have the spine. It's like a playground game, SPL raise a complaint & MV jumps back in line. Soon as SPL turn their back he jumps out his den again blowing raspberries - it's pathetic& so are the SPL!! Perhaps if the Compliance Officer stops getting excited over his LG videos he could tackle this rather more important matter.

Hibercelona
21-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Not Lennons biggest fan, but can't argue with any of that.

It boils my blood, because he was always going to score an important goal against us! :grr:

There should be a simple rule in place "Not been payed, can't be played". It just isn't right at all.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 03:56 PM
I couldn't care if he mutilates kittens in his bedroom every night if he was to boss the midfield most games and win football matches for us.

We are generally soft and spineless yet we get all upset if someone who isn't a nice guy gets linked with us. Strange.

Strange? not sure how and when or why he was linked with us. but I am glad he is not playing for us. That OK? He is venal.

Cropley10
21-03-2012, 08:47 PM

Black is a cracking player. By all accounts not a big-mouth round the pubs of Tranent either. He's exactly what we're missing and have been for ages.

Cropley10
21-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Strange? not sure how and when or why he was linked with us. but I am glad he is not playing for us. That OK? He is venal.

Venal? (meaning) Open to corruption or bribery?

Really??

Have you met him?

Or do you just not like the fact he tends to boss every game he plays against us?

We were after him when he was at ICT but couldn't match Hearts wages. He's been a consistently effective player since he joined them.

Meanwhile we've won a single league game in a year at home.

Kato
21-03-2012, 09:27 PM
he mutilates kittens in his bedroom every night

I expect this to appear in The Daily Mail as an exclusive tomorrow.

Iggy Pope
21-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Black is a cracking player. By all accounts not a big-mouth round the pubs of Tranent either. He's exactly what we're missing and have been for ages.

Venal? (meaning) Open to corruption or bribery?

Really??

Have you met him?

Yes
have you?

Or do you just not like the fact he tends to boss every game he plays against us?

Why would I like that. Are you off yer Heid?

We were after him when he was at ICT but couldn't match Hearts wages. He's been a consistently effective player since he joined them.

He is a tosser. Met him. Tosser.

Meanwhile we've won a single league game in a year at home.

Signing dirty wee Hertz tossers would change that how exactly? You rate him as something of a player, evidently. Doubt the man in your user name would agree.