PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for SF

Liam89
10-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale? Also, will they be available through the online e-ticketing system or is there another method?

Cheers in advance!

greenlex
10-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale? Also, will they be available through the online e-ticketing system or is there another method?

Cheers in advance!
No but calm down there will be thousands and thousands of them. :rolleyes:

lyonhibs
10-03-2012, 05:20 PM

Cheers in advance!

Calm yer jets, folk don't know who we're playing yet!!

I imagine they'll only be available to those turning up to the TO in a Flintstones-style car........

:greengrin

Liam89
10-03-2012, 05:22 PM

I imagine they'll only be available to those turning up to the TO in a Flintstones-style car........

hey, hey... I've been waiting for this moment for years now! Don't tell me to calm down :wink:

Mikey
10-03-2012, 05:23 PM

Calm down you two :greengrin

greenlex
10-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Calm down you two :greengrin

I feel a marketing opportunity here.
Free semi final ticket with every season ticket bought.
Its money we didnt have a couple of hours ago. :agree:

Mikey
10-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I feel a marketing opportunity here.
Free semi final ticket with every season ticket bought.
Its money we didnt have a couple of hours ago. :agree:

Get that e-mail sent off to Fife :wink:

Keith_M
10-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Get that e-mail sent off to Fife :wink:

Are there any Fife teams still in the cup?

ShanksSaidNo
10-03-2012, 06:06 PM
******in Yas! Hampden ya bass!

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Everyone buying a semi-final ticket should be guaranteed a ticket for the final.

Liam89
10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Everyone buying a semi-final ticket should be guaranteed a ticket for the final.

Definitely.

Frazerbob
10-03-2012, 06:18 PM

What if we play St Mirren in the semi and take 30k then face Celtc in the final and only get 20k tickets?

greenlex
10-03-2012, 06:20 PM
What if we play St Mirren in the semi and take 30k then face Celtc in the final and only get 20k tickets?
Season ticket holders first dibs every time followed by fans purchasing next years season ticket.:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-03-2012, 06:20 PM

Then we should have a lucky dip but as you need to be in it to win it, a semi final ticket would be the way in.

lyonhibs
10-03-2012, 06:21 PM

Even though, I'll be buying a ticket for the semi-final, but you've not really thought that statement through, much though I would love that to be a cast-iron guarantee

TheEastTerrace
10-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Club members should be next in line after ST holders - is that not one of the benefits of club membership? Correct me if I'm wrong

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Always feel that as his stalwart dedication to the Hibernian easily surpasses that of all chaps aggregated, Dashing Bobby Stewart should be given first dibs regarding any ticketing arrangement. Not that I want to start any uberfan debate.

woodythehibee
10-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Club members should be next in line after ST holders - is that not one of the benefits of club membership? Correct me if I'm wrong

Correct :agree:

Andy74
10-03-2012, 06:34 PM

Cheers in advance!

Is that a record? :rolleyes:

Liam89
10-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Is that a record? :rolleyes:

Yeah.

PaulSmith
10-03-2012, 07:00 PM
No matter who we get at hampden there will still be more than ample amount of tickets available.

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 07:53 PM
No matter who we get at hampden there will still be more than ample amount of tickets available.

Indeed we have never had 15,000 fans at home to my knowledge, suddenly its a problem for the semi?:rolleyes:

The Voice Of Reason
10-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Indeed we have never had 15,000 fans at home to my knowledge, suddenly its a problem for the semi?:rolleyes:

As I have said before, it is totally understandable for a team to take many more fans to a showpiece game (like a semi final) than normally attend. We are certainly not unique when it comes to that !

I would rather that Hampden was full of Hibbys, regardless of whether they go to ER on a regular basis or not.

Hibs Till I Die.

:flag:

Liam89
10-03-2012, 07:58 PM

I'm sorry but who in this thread has said it's a problem? Sorry if i'm mistaken...

Pete
10-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Here we go already with the uberfan stuff.

Personally, I've no time for these arguments....I've got to search my cupboards and drawers to try and find my scarf.

The Voice Of Reason
10-03-2012, 08:08 PM

Personally, I've no time for these arguments....I've got to search my cupboards and drawers to try and find my scarf.

:greengrin :top marks

Hibs Till We Die.

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry but who in this thread has said it's a problem? Sorry if i'm mistaken...

The opening question was asking when tickets go on sale, the draw not even made yet. There will be thousands of tickets available for Hampden

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:11 PM

:confused::confused::confused:

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2012, 08:15 PM
The most we'll take to a Hampden semi, on previous experience, will be around 17,000. This has the potential to rise to about 25,000 if we play the Yams, depending on how positive/negative we feel about the fixture, and whether its played on a Saturday or Sunday.

Semi finals are generally tense affairs rather than a gala day out, and are usually a coalition of the regularly attending and occasionally attending committed Hibs fans.

For a final, the sky is the limit, and that's where the glory hunters come out. Could be anything between 35,000-55,000 depending on circumstances; opposition, ticket availability, date etc.

Liam89
The opening question was asking when tickets go on sale, the draw not even made yet. There will be thousands of tickets available for Hampden

Yeah, that was my question. I was wondering as I'm excited to get my hands on them, not that I feel it will be a sell-out, sorry for the confusion! :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
:confused::confused::confused:

BF, I thought the same as peterdouglas to be honest !

Glad you didn't mean it the way we thought :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
10-03-2012, 08:17 PM

I have to search my cupboards for new drawers as I'm getting through too many pairs with all this excitement. What happened to our mundane, depressed season? Fenlon!

Billy Whizz
10-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I'm just hoping we get drawn out the hat 1st for the semi-final and I can use my cup top up

The Voice Of Reason
10-03-2012, 08:20 PM
I have to search my cupboards for new drawers as I'm getting through too many pairs with all this excitement. What happened to our mundane, depressed season? Fenlon!

I blame Petrie myself..........the moustached tosser that he is. :grr:

Where did that "Blame Rod Petrie" thread go to ?!? :hmmm:

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Yeah, that was my question. I was wondering as I'm excited to get my hands on them, not that I feel it will be a sell-out, sorry for the confusion! :wink:

If we draw St Mirren/Hearts then we obviously have to wait until that is played...My forecast is tickets will be on sale the last Monday of this month (26th)

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm just hoping we get drawn out the hat 1st for the semi-final and I can use my cup top up

Stop fishing Billy:greengrin

Liam89
10-03-2012, 08:22 PM
If we draw St Mirren/Hearts then we obviously have to wait until that is played...My forecast is tickets will be on sale the last Monday of this month (26th)

Okay, thank you. :aok:

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Okay, thank you. :aok:

I could be utterly wrong though, it has been known

Liam89
10-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I could be utterly wrong though, it has been known

I'll take it with a pinch of salt but it at least gives me a vague idea :greengrin

Billy Whizz
10-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Stop fishing Billy:greengrin

Is it not covered, I say blame Rod😄

down-the-slope
10-03-2012, 08:25 PM

Nope don't agree...St's / Members / those who bought 1/4 final tickets should get priority...not the additional 10,000+ that goto a Semi :na na:

Baldy Foghorn
10-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Nope don't agree...St's / Members / those who bought 1/4 final tickets should get priority...not the additional 10,000+ that goto a Semi :na na:

If we make it to Final, and face Cellic, we would get around 20-22k, other than that gorgie mob, we may get even more, plenty available to go around....

The Voice Of Reason
10-03-2012, 08:34 PM
If we make it to Final, and face Cellic, we would get around 20-22k, other than that gorgie mob, we may get even more, plenty available to go around....

That's far too mature an approach BF......"Down The Slope" would rather it was only the "uberfans" that were there, so please don't spoil it for him !!!!! :wink:

:na na: (Not directed at you by the way !) :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
10-03-2012, 09:39 PM

Those that have been to all 3 cup games should get first dibs IMO :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
11-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Those that might have to fly home from Nigeria should definitely be considered first in my opinion. Along with obviously the other returning expats.

NYHibby
11-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Those that might have to fly home from Nigeria should definitely be considered first in my opinion. Along with obviously the other returning expats.

Expats from other countries should get free tickets for all matches for showing greater dedication to the club by moving to Scotland.

Eyrie
11-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Priority has to go to the armchair fans who couldn't find Easter Road with a sat nav. Might tempt them into becoming regular attenders.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 02:13 PM

Yes but out the woodwork they come.........:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Priority has to go to the armchair fans who couldn't find Easter Road with a sat nav. Might tempt them into becoming regular attenders.

:tee hee:

Liam89
11-03-2012, 02:16 PM

Oh no, more fans to celebrate our success... Wish we could just keep the regular 9k we get at home games for semis/finals. They're the real fans!

Keith_M
11-03-2012, 02:20 PM

I know, it's disgraceful, isn't it.

Personally, I hope we play Celtc and only ask for 10,000 tickets for the really deserving. Stuff everybody else, as they are not real fans and have no right to be there.

:grr:

lucky
11-03-2012, 02:41 PM
If its St Mirren or Motherwell then it might be at the PBS

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 02:42 PM

We won't take 30000 to the semi.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 02:43 PM

lol

Uberfan alert.

lyonhibs
11-03-2012, 02:44 PM

Not on your nelly. Ayr vs Kilmarnock was at Hampden FFS, in front of 25,000 people.

We'd pretty much take that many fans by ourselves to a SC semi-final, plus about half that (possibly slightly less from St Mirren) from Motherwell/St Mirren.

It will be at Hampden - I'd stake my non-existent mortgage on it.

Broken Gnome
11-03-2012, 02:45 PM

They'll both be at Hampden, definitely.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Oh no, more fans to celebrate our success... Wish we could just keep the regular 9k we get at home games for semis/finals. They're the real fans!

Aye. Come out for 1 game then bugger off again. Brilliant for the club right enough.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 02:49 PM
lol

Uberfan alert.

Not at all.

LancashireHibby
11-03-2012, 02:57 PM
We won't take 30000 to the semi.
The semi in 2005 against Dundee Utd got a crowd of 27,000 and at least 20,000 of those were Hibs fans if memory serves me right? I know it was almost a different era compared to these days, but it does show how many could potentially turn up.

hibbytam
11-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Aye. Come out for 1 game then bugger off again. Brilliant for the club right enough.

Because everyone can afford and is able to get to every game right enough.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 03:01 PM
The semi in 2005 against Dundee Utd got a crowd of 27,000 and at least 20,000 of those were Hibs fans if memory serves me right? I know it was almost a different era compared to these days, but it does show how many could potentially turn up.

Where are they now??

LancashireHibby
11-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Where are they now??

Ready and waiting for the next trip to Hampden, I should expect!

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 03:19 PM

As per...

Albanian Hibs
11-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Where are they now??

Sitting at home with my baby.

And yes, I will be arranging a babysitter for semi final day :na na:

Squealing pig
11-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Baby sitter for me that day too,had season ticket for years upto 2005 but had to give up, can't say I miss it terribly with results over the years. Think we will sell our allocation easily , been long overdue a wee trip west to a decent stadium.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Baby sitter for me that day too,had season ticket for years upto 2005 but had to give up, can't say I miss it terribly with results over the years. Think we will sell our allocation easily , been long overdue a wee trip west to a decent stadium.

:faf:

Keith_M
11-03-2012, 03:46 PM
lol

Uberfan alert.

Not at all.

Nope, not in the least. :agree:

Other than deciding who should and who should not be allowed to go to a Hibs game, how could anybody possibly accuse you of that :dunno:

I know what, we should all make applications up with how many games we've been to, whether we hold STs, how many years we've supported the club and how far we have to travel to home games, etc, and you can decide, according to your obviously excellent criteria, whether we're deserving of a ticket.

It's the only fair way :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Because everyone can afford and is able to get to every game right enough.

Where did i say that?

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Nope, not in the least. :agree:

Other than deciding who should and who should not be allowed to go to a Hibs game, how could anybody possibly accuse you of that :dunno:

I know what, we should all make applications up with how many games we've been to, whether we hold STs, how many years we've supported the club and how far we have to travel to home games, etc, and you can decide, according to your obviously excellent criteria, whether we're deserving of a ticket.

It's the only fair way :thumbsup:

9k at ER last week but will take 20-25k to a semi and greet if we don't get more tickets :hmmm:

silverhibee
11-03-2012, 03:57 PM

:agree:

Liam89
11-03-2012, 04:06 PM
I've been to 5 games this season, I would love to go to more but can't afford it as I'm living a student life. I check hibs.net every day keep up with all the news surrounding the club, listen to all the games and interviews. Am I less entitled to go to the semi-final as someone who lives 5 minutes from easter road and has enough money for a season ticket?

Mikey
11-03-2012, 04:08 PM
I haven't read all the way through this thread, but the simple answer is surely to get a membership card. Then you get some sort of priority.

Particularly if we get to the final and we're limited to 20,000 or so tickets.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 04:11 PM
I haven't read all the way through this thread, but the simple answer is surely to get a membership card. Then you get some sort of priority.

:agree:

Sean1875
11-03-2012, 04:15 PM
I've been to 5 games this season, I would love to go to more but can't afford it as I'm living a student life. I check hibs.net every day keep up with all the news surrounding the club, listen to all the games and interviews. Am I less entitled to go to the semi-final as someone who lives 5 minutes from easter road and has enough money for a season ticket?

Exact same boat as yours. Had a season in the East stand for years before having to move to Dundee for Uni and travelling down every other weekend and paying for a season ticket is just not economically possible. I still believe though that if you want a ticket for the semis you'll be able to get one, unless you wait till a few days before it hapens.

blackpoolhibs
11-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I think if there are not enough to go round, those who have seen us most should stand aside and give others a chance for a change.

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 04:28 PM
9k at ER last week but will take 20-25k to a semi and greet if we don't get more tickets :hmmm:

In your wisdom, oh uber one, what should the people who don't go to Easter Road every week do when there's a semi final?

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 04:37 PM
In your wisdom, oh uber one, what should the people who don't go to Easter Road every week do when there's a semi final?

What they normally do. Either sit in their arse grooves or push the trolley round Ikea or Tesco's. :na na:

marinello59
11-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Priority should go to those willing to attend the match wearing a green tutu.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Priority should go to those willing to attend the match wearing a green tutu.

:tee hee: I wonder if he's still in the tin pail??

Nando™
11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Remind me, the last time we played Hearts at Hampden, what was the ticketing arrangements, with regards to how many each ST holder/person on the database could buy?

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
What they normally do. Either sit in their arse grooves or push the trolley round Ikea or Tesco's. :na na:

Good thinking. 9000 Hibbies at Hampden will be some sight. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Good thinking. 9000 Hibbies at Hampden will be some sight. :rolleyes:

Like the last SC semi final we were in against hearts when we struggled to sell our tickets. :rolleyes:

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Like the last SC semi final we were in against hearts when we struggled to sell our tickets. :rolleyes:

That must have made you happy, although the last SC semi was against Dunfermline when we didn't sell all our tickets either.

Gotta love them stay away fans.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 05:07 PM
That must have made you happy, although the last SC semi was against Dunfermline when we didn't sell all our tickets either.

Gotta love them stay away fans.

Why would it make me happy?

Hibbyradge
11-03-2012, 05:09 PM

Why would it make me happy?

lol

Stevie Reid
11-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Then we should have a lucky dip but as you need to be in it to win it, a semi final ticket would be the way in.

As a season ticket holder who is on holiday for the semi, I would obviously be dead against the idea of someone who only turned up for a semi final getting a ticket ahead of me.

Makaveli
11-03-2012, 05:43 PM
No room for doubt for the semi: ST holders get first priority, followed by club members.

I'll be amazed if semi tickets have any bearing on tickets for the inevitable final. Hibs will obviously use our final appearance to sell club memberships. As well they should. :agree:

Nando™
11-03-2012, 05:55 PM
3/4 tickets per person please.

Saorsa
11-03-2012, 05:57 PM
3/4 tickets per person please.why do you want three quarters of a ticket? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2012, 06:14 PM
3/4 tickets per person please.

Why?

Baldy Foghorn
11-03-2012, 06:15 PM
No room for doubt for the semi: ST holders get first priority, followed by club members.

I'll be amazed if semi tickets have any bearing on tickets for the inevitable final. Hibs will obviously use our final appearance to sell club memberships. As well they should. :agree:

That will be the case, and will be the same if we make it to Final

PaulSmith
11-03-2012, 06:27 PM

'Struggled' we sold just shy of 19k out if a total attendance of 42k.

We'll take around 16k to this game dependant on ko time and day. Aberdeen will be similar.

Hopefully there is no 12:30 ko on Sunday.

Sat 12:30 or Sunday at 2 or 3 o clock would be great although I do recall a night Sunday game v Aberdeen in a Scottish semi in 1999

Nando™
11-03-2012, 06:41 PM
why do you want three quarters of a ticket? :greengrin
Aww shoosht you ya toilet! :rolleyes: :greengrin

Why?

Because if I remember correctly, when we played the derby semi, it was one per person, which dealt a catastrophic blow to the opportunity for lapsed supporters and, particularly, new supporters from attending the game with their season-ticket-holding pals because they could sit beside them. This was a big reason why we took a *****y 16,000 (or whatever) to that game.

This may not apply to the Aberdeen game, as people who do really want to go will probably still be able to sit beside their pals as I don't think either side will be sold out, but I would offer at least 2 tickets per ST holder, then 2 per club member. I reckon it could add on a few thousand to this game.

If my memory deceives me then I shall jog on.

IberianHibernian
11-03-2012, 07:44 PM

Particularly if we get to the final and we're limited to 20,000 or so tickets.Probably haven`t looked hard enough but I can`t see anything about membership ( except 2012/13 season ticket membership ) on club site . Maybe it was to boost interest during bad times in winter and won`t be offered again till season ticket campaign is over ( in about September ) .

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Everyone who wants a ticket for the semi will get one. Sales from a week tomorrow or so?

The_Todd
11-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Probably haven`t looked hard enough but I can`t see anything about membership ( except 2012/13 season ticket membership ) on club site . Maybe it was to boost interest during bad times in winter and won`t be offered again till season ticket campaign is over ( in about September ) .

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/ClubMembership/0,,10290,00.html

Thomson1875
11-03-2012, 07:53 PM
So if we get to the final and its vs celtic we will only get 20 odd thousand? shouldn't it be split down the middle...

Since90+2
11-03-2012, 07:54 PM
So if we get to the final and its vs celtic we will only get 20 odd thousand? shouldn't it be split down the middle...

20 odd thousand each would be split down the middle....

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2012, 07:57 PM

What about attendance? How could it be split down the middle when they have five times or so the season tickets holders we have?

Billy Whizz
11-03-2012, 07:59 PM
What about attendance? How could it be split down the middle when they have five times or so the season tickets holders we have?

Let's not even talk about the Final, we have a game before that

Nando™
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM

**** them, half and half or GTF.

IberianHibernian
11-03-2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/ClubMembership/0,,10290,00.htmlThanks . Looks like it has to be done on phone or in office as online link is just for match tickets ( maybe as membership interest will have fallen off since early promotion ) . Have been waiting for years for an overseas membership including Hibs TV and some ticket priority for matches ( obviously after STHs etc ) but club`s abandonement of Hibs TV season tickets makes that extremely unlikely .

cwilliamson85
11-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Was it not the case last time we got to the SC final that if you had a semi final ticket you had priority for the final ticket?

Liam89
11-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Thanks . Looks like it has to be done on phone or in office as online link is just for match tickets ( maybe as membership interest will have fallen off since early promotion ) . Have been waiting for years for an overseas membership including Hibs TV and some ticket priority for matches ( obviously after STHs etc ) but club`s abandonement of Hibs TV season tickets makes that extremely unlikely .

Oh really, i assumed it'd be available to do online. I'll have to look into it further!

marinello59
11-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Was it not the case last time we got to the SC final that if you had a semi final ticket you had priority for the final ticket?

Yes. If you went to the semi against Livi you got priority but no guarentee.

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-03-2012, 08:13 PM

Ever since Aberdeen, rightly, kicked up a fuss in 2000 about Cup Final tickets the split for a cup final is 50/50 unless one of the clubs realises they won't sell 22000 tickets like Killie in the 2007 CIS final then the other club gets more.

marinello59
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Everyone who wants a ticket for the semi will get one. Sales from a week tomorrow or so?

Exactly.

jgl07
11-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Attendances have nothing to do with it.

The tickets were fairly divided evenly when Hibs last played Celtic in the Semi-Final. Celtic did receive slightly more due to the segregation lines.

The SFA will ask how many tickets a team are putting in for. Hibe will request the maximum number and can back this up with past number at finals. There were 35,000 plus at Hampden for the final against Livingston.

down-the-slope
11-03-2012, 08:33 PM

:agree: Mikey bringing the sense that is often needed .....

No one wants to be an old misery accused of uberfan tendancies...but the other side is why should someone who has been to say a few matches this season as a walk up and all the rounds of the cup so far maybe find themselves watching on TV while someone who has not been to a game since 2007 gets a ticket..

The membership scheme is a way of cheaply showing some loyalty to the club...

Also vouchers from next home match should be issued to bump up crowd and give priority..

I would also say that while it would be hard to do due to sounding very dismissive of Dons (rightly so) but it would be good to have SF attenders first in line should we make final....

Keith_M
11-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Seeing as I went to that one, would it offend your sensibilities if I go this time (even though I no longer have a Season Ticket) or should i just stay at home.

I await your permission with baited breath.

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Seeing as I went to that one, would it offend your sensibilities if I go this time (even though I no longer have a Season Ticket) or should i just stay at home.

I await your permission with baited breath.

You can do whatever you like.

Keith_M
11-03-2012, 08:57 PM
You can do whatever you like.
Did everyone read that? From the horse's, sorry Crab's, mouth. I have permission to go to the semi-final :flag:

I'm away to book the flights before he changes his mind.

Woohoo!!! :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
11-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Did everyone read that? From the horse's, sorry Crab's, mouth. I have permission to go to the semi-final :flag:

I'm away to book the flights before he changes his mind.

Woohoo!!! :thumbsup:

:tee hee:

Stevie Reid
11-03-2012, 09:39 PM
:agree: Mikey bringing the sense that is often needed .....

No one wants to be an old misery accused of uberfan tendancies...but the other side is why should someone who has been to say a few matches this season as a walk up and all the rounds of the cup so far maybe find themselves watching on TV while someone who has not been to a game since 2007 gets a ticket..

The membership scheme is a way of cheaply showing some loyalty to the club...

Also vouchers from next home match should be issued to bump up crowd and give priority..

I would also say that while it would be hard to do due to sounding very dismissive of Dons (rightly so) but it would be good to have SF attenders first in line should we make final....

Again, as a season ticket holder who is on holiday for the semi, I would obviously be dead against the idea of someone who only turned up for a semi final getting a ticket ahead of me.

scoopyboy
11-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Again, as a season ticket holder who is on holiday for the semi, I would obviously be dead against the idea of someone who only turned up for a semi final getting a ticket ahead of me.

No chance of that happening though.

ST holders will get first pick.

Liberal Hibby
11-03-2012, 09:53 PM
Anyone know when a decision will be made on when the semis will be played? Not sure if I have enough brownie points for a Fri-Mon trip so need to plan train/plane around the actual game...

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Plenty of tickets for the semi and the final should we get there, we are after all a small club with a small fanbase are we not? Just checked the attendances at Easter Road this season, I can confirm the above statement is correct.

DH1875
11-03-2012, 09:57 PM

We had well over 20k fans at the game against Livi and not everybody got a ticket for the final. You entered into a ballot and was luck of the draw once ST holders got their ticket. There was a lot of fuss at the time as some people who went a lot didn't get a ticket. This was all before the data base though.

Stevie Reid
11-03-2012, 10:00 PM
No chance of that happening though.

ST holders will get first pick.

Yeah, I wasn't worried that it would SB, was just taking issue with the suggestion.

You would hope that after the largely lean times that we've had in the 5 years since we won the league cup that seeing Hibs in a semi final would be incentive enough for people, especially against a team who, like us, has struggled considerably in recent seasons. I'm devastated to be missing the day out.

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Plenty of tickets for the semi and the final should we get there, we are after all a small club with a small fanbase are we not? Just checked the attendances at Easter Road this season, I can confirm the above statement is correct.

No, Mr Scouser, we are not a small club. In the grand scheme of things yes, but in terms of Scottish football we are not small. There are many factors as to why Hibs' attendances are struggling e.g. prices and league position, but we are not a small club in the SPL. We can easily take 30,000 to a final. Look at out stadium - the third biggest in the country. We are not small.

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2012, 10:10 PM
No, Mr Scouser, we are not a small club. In the grand scheme of things yes, but in terms of Scottish football we are not small. There are many factors as to why Hibs' attendances are struggling e.g. prices and league position, but we are not a small club in the SPL. We can easily take 30,000 to a final. Look at out stadium - the third biggest in the country. We are not small.

Wow! Thanks for the "Mr" but no need, I take it from your response that my post went way over your head (whoosh) :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Wow! Thanks for the "Mr" but no need, I take it from your response that my post went way over your head (whoosh) :greengrin

It did indeed. I require a smilie to indicate irony, such is my basic cognition. in 2012 Hibs are to Scotland what are Liverpool are to England - underachievers who live forever in hope! :na na:

Scouse Hibee
11-03-2012, 10:21 PM
It did indeed. I require a smilie to indicate irony, such is my basic cognition. in 2012 Hibs are to Scotland what are Liverpool are to England - underachievers who live forever in hope! :na na:

Not quite unless Hibs win a cup this season! The Scottish cup will suffice :greengrin :na na:

Hibernia&Alba
11-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Not quite unless Hibs win a cup this season! The Scottish cup will suffice :greengrin :na na:

Fair point, Liverpool won the League Cup this seaon. But they are in comparison to Man Utd what we are in comparison to the Old Firm - smaller club with smaller targets. For us the Scottish Cup is massive. it's the context.

scott7_0(Prague)
12-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Anyone who wants a ticket will get a ticket, stop panicking. We no longer have a large fan base, semi finals will attract 15,000 to 20,000.

The final will different and unless St. Mirren knock out Celtic in the semi it will be split 50/50, which i believe to be in the region of 21,000 and 10,000 going to corporate and debentures.