Just heard this on TalkSport.

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Is that a branch of the orange order??

:rolleyes:

PaulSmith
07-03-2012, 10:00 AM

Bid all they want, I have no doubt that it won't be enough and even if succesful then the Big Tax Case the following month will send them back to square one.

They'll come back with a bid for a newco Rangers 2012 IMO when the existing Rangers disapears into the abyss

Andy74
07-03-2012, 10:35 AM

They do have a fascination of calling themselves stuff that is linked to that sort of thing. nowt will ever change over there regardless of what company fronts it, who owns it or what league they play in.

Mikeystewart
07-03-2012, 10:38 AM
They do have a fascination of calling themselves stuff that is linked to that sort of thing. nowt will ever change over there regardless of what company fronts it, who owns it or what league they play in.

dunno " a knight in shining armour" is a quite a common saying.

Twa Cairpets
07-03-2012, 11:15 AM

Yes, but it was also explicitly stated by him that it would have a lot of clauses contingent on the outcome of the BTC, so essentially its a bit of a grandstanding.

poolman
07-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes, but it was also explicitly stated by him that it would have a lot of clauses contingent on the outcome of the BTC, so essentially its a bit of a grandstanding.

http://i44.tinypic.com/kaif86.jpg

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Haven't heard the piece, but it's significant for me that they have apparently said they will bid ON 16th March. Sounds a bit like brinkmanship to me...

Steve20
07-03-2012, 12:29 PM
This Blue Knight thing is all talk, imo. I seem to remember reading and hearing in the media about Paul Murray before Craig Whyte took over the Huns. He seems to like alot of talk but nothing else.

The only way this will end is with Rangers going into liquidation, reforming under a new company name and they will be voted back into the SPL. Rightly or wrongly, I just can't see them not getting back in the SPL.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 12:31 PM
This Blue Knight thing is all talk, imo. I seem to remember reading and hearing in the media about Paul Murray before Craig Whyte took over the Huns. He seems to like alot of talk but nothing else.

The only way this will end is with Rangers going into liquidation, reforming under a new company name and they will be voted back into the SPL. Rightly or wrongly, I just can't see them not getting back in the SPL.

Question.

Where would they play?

CentreLine
07-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Question.

Where would they play?

Belter!!!!!!!!!!!!!:not worth

Andy74
07-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Question.

Where would they play?

I'm presuming that whoever is going to put together the new club will have bought Ibrox and Murray Park in the liquidation process.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Belter!!!!!!!!!!!!!:not worth

It's something that has been in my mind more, as the impetus moves towards liquidation.

In a liquidation, the assets would have to be sold to settle as much of the creditors as possible. Which would leave RFC homeless, unless a Blue/White Knight on his King Billy horse actually bought Ibrox and leased it to the new company.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm presuming that whoever is going to put together the new club will have bought Ibrox and Murray Park in the liquidation process.

The liquidator would be duty bound to sell the assets for as much as they could. So, property developers would then be in the game.

I take your point, though.... but it's not as cut and dried as some folk might think.

PaulSmith
07-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Question.

Where would they play?

Murray park sold
Ibrox cannot realistically have a resale value other than a football stadium, therefore agreement reached with receivers
Or
Hampden Park at a rent to the SFA which they vow to reinvest back into grass roots or similar .. They could 'buy' Queens Park come to think about it

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Murray park sold
Ibrox cannot realistically have a resale value other than a football stadium, therefore agreement reached with receivers
Or
Hampden Park at a rent to the SFA which they vow to reinvest back into grass roots or similar .. They could 'buy' Queens Park come to think about it

I have no fixed ideas on this, I was putting it out there for thoughts.

It does seem to me that, either now or in liquidation, a potential buyer would want to buy the properties. So, the only benefit in buying RFC now would be the SPL membership. But with the BTC in the background. Buying it post-liquidation would avoid the BTC, but would have 5 years without European football.

Bad Martini
07-03-2012, 12:44 PM
They could 'buy' Queens Park come to think about it

With what? 5 Magic beans :greengrin

Joking aside, they most probably would (try) to rent somewhere as they couldnt afford to build anything big enough to house the biggots and glory hunters...however, who is gonna give them any kind of credit??? They've got less chance of borrowing money than Greece and are as popular as poke in the eye with a sharp stick covered in jobbies :greengrin

It's sad all this, you know. Talking about their demise....I feel, such, deep...deep pain :aok: :greengrin

...Nothing wrong with an eleven team league...gies us a free week every now and then and vastly increases our chances of 2nd place in due course :flag:

Andy74
07-03-2012, 12:45 PM
The liquidator would be duty bound to sell the assets for as much as they could. So, property developers would then be in the game.

I take your point, though.... but it's not as cut and dried as some folk might think.

I think its biggest value just now would be its current use. I'm involved at work with a number of our property joint ventures that are struggling to shift existing land and developments in that neck of the woods.

New buyers could do pretty well out of this if they can get voted into the SPL, still have about the same crowds with no debt to service and ownership of the stadium at a decent price. They get an asset for their outlay and so effectively pay nothing much out for ownership.

Can't help feel someone has talked Whyte into being the guy to take the hit for this to get the intended outcome.

MB62
07-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Murray park sold
Or

Why would that be the case?
It would take hardly any effort at all for a developer to bulldoze the four stands, it's not as though they are four high rise flats with everything that goes along with them. Possibly changing from sports venue to housing and/or commercial would be a problem with planning permission. The land will be worth more if houses are built on it than a football stadium so the admins should be compelled to get the highest value for any future sale.

Dumpden rental would be an obvious option right enough, unless thre is an SPL rule about having to own your own ground.

Steve20
07-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Question.

Where would they play?

Ibrox.

I'll be stunned if Rangers are not playing at Ibrox in the SPL for years to come. It will be under a new company name. All just in my opinion, of course.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 12:52 PM
I think its biggest value just now would be its current use. I'm involved at work with a number of our property joint ventures that are struggling to shift existing land and developments in that neck of the woods.

New buyers could do pretty well out of this if they can get voted into the SPL, still have about the same crowds with no debt to service and ownership of the stadium at a decent price. They get an asset for their outlay and so effectively pay nothing much out for ownership.

Can't help feel someone has talked Whyte into being the guy to take the hit for this to get the intended outcome.

I hear you on the property value thing.... not a good time to be in commercial property, indeed any property, unless you're a buyer.

That scenario would all work well, though, but the elephant in the room is the BTC.

I have said it before a number of times, but if I were Paul Murray I would be looking at buying the properties, not the club. It's a much safer investment IMO.

Andy74
07-03-2012, 01:04 PM
I hear you on the property value thing.... not a good time to be in commercial property, indeed any property, unless you're a buyer.

That scenario would all work well, though, but the elephant in the room is the BTC.

I have said it before a number of times, but if I were Paul Murray I would be looking at buying the properties, not the club. It's a much safer investment IMO.

Though would the BTC not end with the liquidation of the current company?

The properties and sellable players get sold and they pay whatever that amounts to on to HMRC and other creditors who take a hit on whatever the shortfall is surely?

Buying the properties is about the only way I can see anyone making this work. Why would you buy the existing company with a potential tax laibaility and endless appeals to look forward to? Even buying for £1 and getting the property chucked in for free would still see you make a loss if the BTC went against you.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Though would the BTC not end with the liquidation of the current company?

The properties and sellable players get sold and they pay whatever that amounts to on to HMRC and other creditors who take a hit on whatever the shortfall is surely?

Buying the properties is about the only way I can see anyone making this work. Why would you buy the existing company with a potential tax laibaility and endless appeals to look forward to? Even buying for £1 and getting the property chucked in for free would still see you make a loss if the BTC went against you.

Ah, you're talking about the liquidation scenario. Sorry.

Yes, the BTC would disappear in that event. But, if I have it right, so then would European football for 5 (3?) years.

Andy74
07-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Ah, you're talking about the liquidation scenario. Sorry.

Yes, the BTC would disappear in that event. But, if I have it right, so then would European football for 5 (3?) years.

On what basis? Would a new entity not just be as eligible as anyone else to qualify for Europe and play in it if they were accepted back into the SPL/won the Scottish cup or whatever?

Also, I presume any new Rangers would have zero previous achievements to list? :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 01:14 PM
On what basis? Would a new entity not just be as eligible as anyone else to qualify for Europe and play in it if they were accepted back into the SPL/won the Scottish cup or whatever?

Also, I presume any new Rangers would have zero previous achievements to list? :greengrin

I thought it was the rule, no? Maybe I have been sucked into the philosophy that "if enough people on Hibs.net say it, it must be true." :greengrin

I will do some digging....

This is Derry City's recent experience... it seems that 3 years is the standard ban. They did try to have it "derogated" on the basis that it was a new entity (as it would be with Rangers), but weren't successful.

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2012/02/22/2921516/derry-city-unsuccessful-in-appeal-against-uefa-europa-league

Hibernia Na Eir
07-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Templars/Knights.......I think most know the true meaning behind their name.
Childish and moronic. Guess it sums them up!

BroxburnHibee
07-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Liquidation is looking more likely with every word I read about this.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 01:19 PM

:agree: I am heading that way too.

At least, my professional, balanced head is. But the heart (and the paranoia) is still waiting for King Silly to come galloping along with his £1,690 million.

Dashing Bob S
07-03-2012, 01:50 PM
:agree: I am heading that way too.

At least, my professional, balanced head is. But the heart (and the paranoia) is still waiting for King Silly to come galloping along with his £1,690 million.

I've a feeling they'll be liquidated, with some shadowy company buying Ibrox, threats of 'quality housing' and the new Huns decanting to Hampden for a season or two while Nouveau Hun FC 1690 try to purchase the stadium back. There will be loads of features on this 'tragedy' and pictures of derelict Cathkin Park and the phrase 'superb playing surface' deployed continuously, until by some shenanigans, the Sticky Buns have a triumphant mediafest homecoming.

Captain Trips
07-03-2012, 02:02 PM
The official consortium (http://vladimiramichalkova.edublogs.org/files/2011/03/3-wise-monkeys-1ow9lqf.png)

alfie
07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Yep, I see liquidation as the most obvious solution to their problems. And I cant see any property developer jumping at the chance to buy Ibrox. For a start the main stand is a listed building which would require 'sympathetic conversion' and then there are the costs of clearing the rest of the site before you even start construction of flats, sorry I meant to say penthouse apartments. Anyone want to bet that there isn't any asbestos or other nasties lurking in the bowels of the place? Or just buy one of the many already cleared gap sites in Glasgow?

Which just leaves a bunch of huddies :cb to pick up the place for peanuts and rent it back to the New Hun FC. It's not what I'd like to see happen, but I cant imagine any dream scenario of total annihilation actually happening in this world, not when there is money to be made from Sky TV and thousands of mindless bigots. :bitchy:

speedy_gonzales
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
It would take hardly any effort at all for a developer to bulldoze the four stands, it's not as though they are four high rise flats with everything that goes along with them. Possibly changing from sports venue to housing and/or commercial would be a problem with planning permission. The land will be worth more if houses are built on it than a football stadium so the admins should be compelled to get the highest value for any future sale.

Dumpden rental would be an obvious option right enough, unless thre is an SPL rule about having to own your own ground.
There's has been a lot of fact and fiction flying about, but in the VERY early days of administration(how long ago that seems!) it was mentioned 'somewhere' that Glasgow City Council had put something akin to a protected status on Ibrox whereby it could only be used as a football stadium, putting to bed the Tesco/Asda rumours.
I have no idea if any of this is true, but I know that I read it on the interweb,,,,,along with a lot of other guff!

jgl07
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
There's has been a lot of fact and fiction flying about, but in the VERY early days of administration(how long ago that seems!) it was mentioned 'somewhere' that Glasgow City Council had put something akin to a protected status on Ibrox whereby it could only be used as a football stadium, putting to bed the Tesco/Asda rumours.
I have no idea if any of this is true, but I know that I read it on the interweb,,,,,along with a lot of other guff!

That could be hard to enforce on appeal.

The main stand is a grade 2 listed building and cannot be demolished. However it could be adapted for housing in the same way that Highbury was converted after Arsenal moved to the Emirates. Whether this would be commercially viable in Govan is doubtful.

jdships
07-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Murray park sold
Or

That's been going the rounds with Property Surveyor'e since Monday
Good "prime" development land

Evidently cost to demolish Ibrox and the potential return on capital investment is against that being sold off

:greengrin

Killiehibbie
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Haven't heard the piece, but it's significant for me that they have apparently said they will bid ON 16th March. Sounds a bit like brinkmanship to me...It was going to be the 15th but they were told to beware.

ALF TUPPER
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
It was going to be the 15th but they were told to beware.

Haaaaaa ! Clever ... I see what you did there :)

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
It was going to be the 15th but they were told to beware.

I am sorry, but Classical references are only allowed on the main Huns in Admin thread. :na na:

SkintHibby
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I've a feeling they'll be liquidated, with some shadowy company buying Ibrox, threats of 'quality housing' and the new Huns decanting to Hampden for a season or two while Nouveau Hun FC 1690 try to purchase the stadium back. There will be loads of features on this 'tragedy' and pictures of derelict Cathkin Park and the phrase 'superb playing surface' deployed continuously, until by some shenanigans, the Sticky Buns have a triumphant mediafest homecoming.

Jeez Bob....clever guy....I think you have called this one bang on!:agree:

Onion
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM

Completely Bonkers. Buying a company who may - one month later - be hit by a £75m tax bill :thumbsup:

malcolm
07-03-2012, 06:41 PM
all this 'newhunco' being a dead cert for entry into SPL or SFL leagues kind of assumes some kind of official status to the self annointed new sons of willy.

Seems to risk an 'I'm spartahun' moment as competing odds and sods declare they are the new real deal. If I could buy Messi's boots it would not make me a player. While maybe buying the ground, the training ground, Gordon Smith's hair implants or a trade mark might make one spartahun more credible than another would be spartahun, I don't think you can buy the league membership of a liquidated club?

So could there be more than one dog fighting fror scraps and whining for a seat at the table?

It seems the least other clubs can do if they are going to vote for perceived more money is to get the rules put back to sharing gates home and away and a fair share of TV monies so that the clubs can compete instead of being props for the aggrandisement of the OF. They need reminding that you can't play with yourself (at least not in public :greengrin) and it takes 2 to tango. So the voting rules to favour the OF will be the first to go if the clubs have any common sense!

Bostonhibby
07-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Is Blue "Knights" rhyming slang for something else entirely?:greengrin

They must have deep pockets, or a good credit line.

ancient hibee
07-03-2012, 07:04 PM
The Blue Knights-tilting at Windmills maybe(is Spanish literature OK on this thread?)I thought the original Paul Murray plan when he tried to Gazump(wee play on words there)Whyte was the best deal.

1.Lloyds Bank agree to keep or perhaps reduce the debt.

2.Murray International agree to meet the tax bill regardless of amount.

3.I(Paul Murray)get Rangers for nothing.

With a realist like that in charge how can the Knights fail?

Moulin Yarns
07-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Perth City Hall is also B listed building and is going to be demolished. Where there's a will,, there's a way.

That could be hard to enforce on appeal.

The main stand is a grade 2 listed building and cannot be demolished. However it could be adapted for housing in the same way that Highbury was converted after Arsenal moved to the Emirates. Whether this would be commercially viable in Govan is doubtful.

Cropley10
07-03-2012, 07:10 PM

Bought them from who? Who holds security of the asset exactly?

Ibrox is a listed building.

Ibrox.

I'll be stunned if Rangers are not playing at Ibrox in the SPL for years to come. It will be under a new company name. All just in my opinion, of course.

Their SPL share is non-transferable. Anyone else would be entitled to ask for this share.

Oldco Rangers will end. I think any Newco Rangers will need to make sure they're not a 'phoenix' as that would mean that they can't walk away from the HMRC debt etc.

There is some suggestion that the verdict from the Big Tax Case is out... it will be 5 days till it's made public.

The_Sauz
07-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Bought them from who? Who holds security of the asset exactly?

Ibrox is a listed building.

Their SPL share is non-transferable. Anyone else would be entitled to ask for this share.

Oldco Rangers will end. I think any Newco Rangers will need to make sure they're not a 'phoenix' as that would mean that they can't walk away from the HMRC debt etc.

There is some suggestion that the verdict from the Big Tax Case is out... it will be 5 days till it's made public.

Since when did that happen?
Maybe the main stand is! but is there not a law stating you can't do any external work on a listed building (they added a third tier )

Keith_M
07-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Just to make the situation clear, Ibrox is NOT a listed building.

The facade of the Main stand (maybe about 4-6 feet thick?) is grade B listed but the rest of the stadium could be demolished.

As has been already stated, modifications have already been made to the Main Stand and Rangers made a statement to the effect at the time that they could, if they wanted, have replaced the whole stand except the protected facade. The only reason they didn't was that re-building the way they did, they were able to make use of much of the existing stand and therefore have 20,000 seats (much more than a rebuild, or at least much cheaper).

Hibbyradge
07-03-2012, 08:49 PM

You're too keen to find fault, guys. The name Blue Knights isn't linked to anything other than to Rangers. It's copied from Manchester United.

United have a group of businessmen/fans who want to buy them called the Red Knights because Manchester United play in red.

Rangers have a group of businessmen/fans who want to buy them called the Blue Knights. As far as I know, Rangers play in Blue.

Had it been the Orange Knights or maybe the Blue Volunteer Force or something like that, you may have had a point, but the Blue Knights is an innocent name.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Templars/Knights.......I think most know the true meaning behind their name.
Childish and moronic. Guess it sums them up!

A bit like the Green Brigade, maybe?

Does the same apply to Manchester United's consortium, the Red Knights? :dunno:

PaulSmith
07-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Jim McColl seemingly is the 'silly Billy' who could come to the rescue, est fortune of £800m

ronaldo7
07-03-2012, 09:01 PM
You're too keen to find fault, guys. The name Blue Knights isn't linked to anything other than to Rangers. It's copied from Manchester United.

United have a group of businessmen/fans who want to buy them called the Red Knights because Manchester United play in red.

Rangers have a group of businessmen/fans who want to buy them called the Blue Knights. As far as I know, Rangers play in Blue.

Had it been the Orange Knights or maybe the Blue Volunteer Force or something like that, you may have had a point, but the Blue Knights is an innocent name.

The only ones you've not mentioned are the White Knights.

So we've got the Red, White, and Blue Knights.

Night Night:cb

Amit
07-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that Craig Whyte is the only secured creditor with his 'loans' to Rangers being secured on the assets (i.e. Ibrox, Murray Park?, Players)..

Therefore if current setup is liquidated then Craig Whyte would own the assets which were secured against his 'loan'... which means Rangers would still be playing at Ibrox and training at Murray Park but just under a new company name.

I may be completely wrong but sure I read that in an article...........:confused:

Keith_M
07-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Jim McColl seemingly is the 'silly Billy' who could come to the rescue, est fortune of £800m

As estimated by Keith Jackson, the guy who said Whyte was a billionaire?

:greengrin

tamig
07-03-2012, 09:05 PM

There are a few of their supporters groups that do have names with religious/Orange connotations though; The Rangers Assembly, The Blue Order etc. I see where Andy is coming from with this one.

Killiehibbie
07-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Jim McColl seemingly is the 'silly Billy' who could come to the rescue, est fortune of £800mI knew those Aberdonians were canny but didn't think there was that kind of money in gardening:wink:

EuanH78
07-03-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that Craig Whyte is the only secured creditor with his 'loans' to Rangers being secured on the assets (i.e. Ibrox, Murray Park?, Players)..

Therefore if current setup is liquidated then Craig Whyte would own the assets which were secured against his 'loan'... which means Rangers would still be playing at Ibrox and training at Murray Park but just under a new company name.

I may be completely wrong but sure I read that in an article...........:confused:

Craig Whytes security on those assets is in (major) doubt according to the administrators and some posters who have a better grasp on this situation than me.

Hibbyradge
07-03-2012, 09:14 PM
There are a few of their supporters groups that do have names with religious/Orange connotations though; The Rangers Assembly, The Blue Order etc. I see where Andy is coming from with this one.

Maybe that's because you want to?

There is no religious connotation to the name The Blue Knights.

It's a reference to Knights in white shining armour, except they're blue because they're Rangers.

Jonnyboy
07-03-2012, 09:16 PM

True. Watch out for a left field bid from "The trooser leg rolled up, marching band and flute playing knights" :greengrin

ozhibs
07-03-2012, 09:17 PM

Couls some one explain to me the differnce between liquidation and administration please, not being funny just dumb.

Jonnyboy
07-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Couls some one explain to me the differnce between liquidation and administration please, not being funny just dumb.

Administration means you're ****ed and liquidation means you're totally ****ed :wink:

PatHead
07-03-2012, 09:22 PM

Administration is an attempt to dodge their liabilities by agreeing with creditors to clear the debt by giving them a portion of the debt at a rate of say 15p for every £1 they are owed. Liquidation means they are shut down and their assets sold off. In short they are ******.

EuanH78
07-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Administration means you're ****ed and liquidation means you're totally ****ed :wink:

Yup, with administration theres at least a chance they can get un****ed though, (looking more and more remote in this case) but with liquidation it means that the company ceases to exist and its assets are made 'liquid' i.e. made into cash to pay its creditors as best as is possible,

new company would have to be started if Rangers in some from were to continue.

Cropley10
07-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Since when did that happen?
Maybe the main stand is! but is there not a law stating you can't do any external work on a listed building (they added a third tier )

Just to make the situation clear, Ibrox is NOT a listed building.

The facade of the Main stand (maybe about 4-6 feet thick?) is grade B listed but the rest of the stadium could be demolished.

As has been already stated, modifications have already been made to the Main Stand and Rangers made a statement to the effect at the time that they could, if they wanted, have replaced the whole stand except the protected facade. The only reason they didn't was that re-building the way they did, they were able to make use of much of the existing stand and therefore have 20,000 seats (much more than a rebuild, or at least much cheaper).

I stand corrected :not worth

ozhibs
07-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Yup, with administration theres at least a chance they can get un****ed though, (looking more and more remote in this case) but with liquidation it means that the company ceases to exist and its assets are made 'liquid' i.e. made into cash to pay its creditors as best as is possible,

new company would have to be started if Rangers in some from were to continue.

Thanks for that, so if I understand this properly if they go into liquidation they would have to be voted back into the SFL/SPL unless the SFA bottle it?

snooky
07-03-2012, 10:58 PM
On bbc sport football the admins appear to be making statements which to me,indicate that they are looking for a helping hand to help Rangers " given the extraordinary situation they find themselves in"....Most organisations in that financial mess would find themselves in an extraordinary situation....You seem to be on to this case. Any thoughts on this?
I'm dead keen on Rangers not being able to wriggle out of this.

I don't have a problem with RFC (or any aliases) coming back to the SPL, IF it's done legitimately and there's no underhand deals or bending of rules.
Now's the time for the "other 10" to put the boot in and get the fair share of SPL monies that have been denied - nay, stolen, since the outset.

Reel 'em in, Rod et al.

CropleyWasGod
07-03-2012, 11:02 PM

You're wrong :wink:

There is no loan, so the security is useless.

There is another security, though, which is over the catering equipment and contracts.

EuanH78
08-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks for that, so if I understand this properly if they go into liquidation they would have to be voted back into the SFL/SPL unless the SFA bottle it?

Pretty much, any new company (though in real terms would still be the Rangers we know and dislike) are legally a different entity and should be treated as such, what actually will happen though is not easy to predict.

Andy74
08-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Maybe that's because you want to?

There is no religious connotation to the name The Blue Knights.

It's a reference to Knights in white shining armour, except they're blue because they're Rangers.

Yeah and they all wage Union flags because we happen to be in Britain.

Of course Knight is a term that has been used elsewhere but it's dead cert it was chosen because it fits right in with the types of names used throughout the club and support.

Loyal is a regular word, as is order. Some use them more than most though.

ancient hibee
08-03-2012, 11:03 AM
It can only be a matter of time before a creditor goes to court to complain about the conduct of the administrators who appear to be totally out of their depth and are the only group benefitting financially at the moment.

RamblingJack
08-03-2012, 04:09 PM
One of the "Blue Knights" is Dave King* !

Dave King has (Allegedly) 322 charges of Tax Evasion,Fraud,* Money laundering and Racketeering against him in South* Africa. His assets are currently frozen !

He joined* the Rangers Board in the year 2000.

I wonder if he* will pass the "Fit and Proper Person" test*

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Dave King has (Allegedly) 322 charges of Tax Evasion,Fraud,* Money laundering and Racketeering against him in South* Africa. His assets are currently frozen !

He joined* the Rangers Board in the year 2000.

I wonder if he* will pass the "Fit and Proper Person" test*

No allegedly about it. He has the charges against him.

He has also asked the SFA to rule on his eligibility.

heidtheba
08-03-2012, 04:15 PM
So how does this look for us? Whilst part of me looks on Rangers demise with a little bit of joy, how many of their 'fans' might change allegiance to a certain 'diet' brand nearer to us...

Although I've hated Rangers for years I do feel a certain amount of sympathy for the real, non-bigoted, non-religious order types who support the club. Both of them.

Hibbyradge
08-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah and they all wage Union flags because we happen to be in Britain.

Of course Knight is a term that has been used elsewhere but it's dead cert it was chosen because it fits right in with the types of names used throughout the club and support.

Loyal is a regular word, as is order. Some use them more than most though.

It's a dead cert that it was copied from Manchester United because that group captured the imagination of their club's support, something this new consortium will want to happen too.

Also, I'm not an expert in this particular area, but I've never heard the word Knight used in connection with Rangers or the Orange Order etc etc.

In fact, the Knights usually most commonly associated with religious connotations are the Knights of St Columba and they don't really fit the Rangers profile.

Or maybe the Knights Templar, whose allegiance was also to the Pope.

However, you will believe what you want to, of course.

Onion
08-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Master of the understatement :green grin The Huns are in as big a mess as you could get. Even if someone comes along and reforms the club, they will start with zero assets and even less credibility. What's astonished me in all of this, is the general acceptance by the media of Rangers flagrant abuse of tax laws, immoral business practices, deception (2 contracts anyone ?) of the football authorities and general abuse of their position in Scottish Football to the detriment of all other SPL clubs. Lets not forget that the other SPL clubs are trading companies and businesses which have been seriously and negatively impacted by Rangers Football Club over a number of years if not decades. Do these companies really want to start doing business again with people who have proven themselves to be cheats and thieves?

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2012, 06:40 PM
So how does this look for us? Whilst part of me looks on Rangers demise with a little bit of joy, how many of their 'fans' might change allegiance to a certain 'diet' brand nearer to us...

Although I've hated Rangers for years I do feel a certain amount of sympathy for the real, non-bigoted, non-religious order types who support the club. Both of them.

... which would be lovely, especially if they get shafted twice in the one year. :top marks

CropleyWasGod
08-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Master of the understatement :green grin The Huns are in as big a mess as you could get. Even if someone comes along and reforms the club, they will start with zero assets and even less credibility. What's astonished me in all of this, is the general acceptance by the media of Rangers flagrant abuse of tax laws, immoral business practices, deception (2 contracts anyone ?) of the football authorities and general abuse of their position in Scottish Football to the detriment of all other SPL clubs. Lets not forget that the other SPL clubs are trading companies and businesses which have been seriously and negatively impacted by Rangers Football Club over a number of years if not decades. Do these companies really want to start doing business again with people who have proven themselves to be cheats and thieves?

:agree: My standard answer now to anyone who trots out the line "Scottish football needs Rangers" is "Scottish football doesn't need cheats."

Irish_Steve
08-03-2012, 07:33 PM
:agree: My standard answer now to anyone who trots out the line "Scottish football needs Rangers" is "Scottish football doesn't need cheats."

And my stock answer to "Scottish football needs Rangers" is that "Rangers didn`t want Scottish football when they were wanting to join the EPL"

grunt
08-03-2012, 08:14 PM
What's astonished me in all of this, is the general acceptance by the media of Rangers flagrant abuse of tax laws, immoral business practices, deception (2 contracts anyone ?) of the football authorities and general abuse of their position in Scottish Football to the detriment of all other SPL clubs. Lets not forget that the other SPL clubs are trading companies and businesses which have been seriously and negatively impacted by Rangers Football Club over a number of years if not decades. Do these companies really want to start doing business again with people who have proven themselves to be cheats and thieves?Good points, all.

grunt
08-03-2012, 08:20 PM

This quote is taken from the ruling by Justice Southwood in his judgement on King's appeal against the South African Revenue Service tax assessment against him:

We saw Mr. [Dave King] testify in chief and in cross-examination for four days and are unanimous in finding that he is a mendacious witness whose evidence should not be accepted on any issue unless it is supported by documents or other objective evidence. It was remarkable that Mr. [Dave King] showed no sign of embarrassment or any emotion when he conceded that he had lied to the Commissioner in a number of his income tax returns. In our assessment he is a glib and shameless liar.

Jones28
08-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Not as simple as that even, the Main Stand at Ibrox is a listed building. So they wouldn't be able simply bulldoze the land, they would have to do something akin to Highbury in London. Except it's in Govan. Which is *****hole. Also can't imagine the SPL/SFA being too happy with 2 teams renting Hampden.

Blue Knights?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-rbLjfX1eiGA/TxQ2WixQENI/AAAAAAAAGKM/w0dqupSTTcE/s1600/mp1.jpg

tamig
08-03-2012, 08:47 PM
It's a dead cert that it was copied from Manchester United because that group captured the imagination of their club's support, something this new consortium will want to happen too.

Also, I'm not an expert in this particular area, but I've never heard the word Knight used in connection with Rangers or the Orange Order etc etc.

In fact, the Knights usually most commonly associated with religious connotations are the Knights of St Columba and they don't really fit the Rangers profile.

Or maybe the Knights Templar, whose allegiance was also to the Pope.

However, you will believe what you want to, of course.

Bit in bold - in 12th-13th century times perhaps. However, in modern times, the Knights Templar is associated with Freemasonry. Now you can't argue against a hun association with that organisation surely?

Hibbyradge
08-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Bit in bold - in 12th-13th century times perhaps. However, in modern times, the Knights Templar is associated with Freemasonry. Now you can't argue against a hun association with that organisation surely?

"Is the Organisation an Order of the Catholic Church?" - No. Our members hail from different Christian denominations and the Order is an ecumenical organisation.

"Are Templars Freemasons?" - No, our Order is not a Masonic organisation, but we have no issues with Christian Freemasons applying for Membership.

"Will you teach me your secrets if I am allowed to join?" - There are no secrets! Please beware of ANY Templar organisation that offers you secret teachings or knowledge in return for membership or fees!

http://www.scottishknightstemplar.org/