PDA

View Full Version : Low Cholesterol diet

DH1875
27-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Need a spot of help. I've just found out I've got high cholesterol so need to go on a low cholesterol diet. Doctor said I need to cut out red meat (unless ALL the fat has been cut off) dairy products, fried foods, eggs, crisps etc..... and I need to watch when it comes to things like sweets or busciuts, tasty treats basically. Went to the supermarket today and honestly couldn't find much I fancy for eating. Doc said I should eat nuts as a snack but when I looked they got more fat in them than crisps :confused:. He said to eat fish but the only fish I like is fried or a tin of tuna. Can't even eat that cause of the oil. Ended up just getting some oranges and grapes, which I eat anyways so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Hiber-nation
27-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Need a spot of help. I've just found out I've got high cholesterol so need to go on a low cholesterol diet. Doctor said I need to cut out red meat (unless ALL the fat has been cut off) dairy products, fried foods, eggs, crisps etc..... and I need to watch when it comes to things like sweets or busciuts, tasty treats basically. Went to the supermarket today and honestly couldn't find much I fancy for eating. Doc said I should eat nuts as a snack but when I looked they got more fat in them than crisps :confused:. He said to eat fish but the only fish I like is fried or a tin of tuna. Can't even eat that cause of the oil. Ended up just getting some oranges and grapes, which I eat anyways so any ideas would be much appreciated.

The doc should have given you diet sheets. Here's some good info.

http://www.heartuk.org.uk/images/uploads/healthylivingpdfs/HEARTuk_dietsheet.pdf