PDA

View Full Version : I Hope McPake Signs Up

CentreLine
25-02-2012, 06:33 PM
The man is a rock and could be a legend in green and white. Best CH since John McNamee IMHO

ancient hibee
25-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Nowhere near as good as George Stewart.

CentreLine
25-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Nowhere near as good as George Stewart.

Is that you George. Yep, good player but I think McPake has a bigger heart. he goes in where it hurts every time.

King Paddy
25-02-2012, 08:02 PM
The man is a rock and could be a legend in green and white. Best CH since John McNamee IMHO

Steady pal i remember Big John he was a collosus best header of a ball seen at ER, Big Jocks best
signing IMO. Mcpake's got a lot to live up to. :confused:

essexhibee
25-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Should defo go for him. If it costs a bit then it costs but its a pivitol position that needs investing in.

Cocaine&Caviar
25-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Free agent in the summer

hibsbollah
25-02-2012, 08:09 PM
I could say the same for O'Donovan, or Griiffiths, or Francombe (who despite having had his critics is a decent player with a wicked deadball delivery) or :doh:erty, or Soares. I am convinced with some of the obvious quality thats come in we are going to escape relegation, and im hoping at least half of our loan signings stay on. Its easy to forget that without them we're back to relying on the likes of Sproule, Hanlon, O' Hanlon and Wotherspoon week in week out.

S.sct
25-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Free agent in the summer

I thought he had signed an extension at Coventry. Would certainly be happy to sign him if not.

Onion
25-02-2012, 08:20 PM
I could say the same for O'Donovan, or Griiffiths, or Francombe (who despite having had his critics is a decent player with a wicked deadball delivery) or :doh:erty, or Soares. I am convinced with some of the obvious quality thats come in we are going to escape relegation, and im hoping at least half of our loan signings stay on. Its easy to forget that without them we're back to relying on the likes of Sproule, Hanlon, O' Hanlon and Wotherspoon week in week out.

Thought this boy was tremendous today. Might yet make a decent CB with someone like McPake alongside to help him along.

hibsbollah
25-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Thought this boy was tremendous today. Might yet make a decent CB with someone like McPake alongside to help him along.

och i didnt want my post to turn into a player battering exercise, that wasnt reallt the point of it although reading it back it does read like that i suppose. Hanlon is capable of the odd good performance, i admit.

stoneyburn hibs
25-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Really hope we can get him permanent as he really is a leader that we have been craving , depends on his own ambitions ie: championship ,only team who can rob him up here would be celtic.

yekimevol
25-02-2012, 08:32 PM
emm le god :sauzee:

http://p4.focus.de/img/gen/t/_/ext_sid_178732_Pxgen_r_300xA.jpg

PeterboroHibee
25-02-2012, 09:36 PM
If McPake can go until the end of the season injury free then we should go all out to get him. Not only is he a steady, experienced defender, but hes a leader and someone who brings out the best from those around him (Hanlon, who has been getting alot of stick, has improved no end since he came in). Thats invaluable and something we havent had in a long time.

coco22
25-02-2012, 09:37 PM
he is definitely a step up from what we have had recently, impressive and solid. do any of our loan signings have a sign on clause, sorry if i may have missed this info previously?

Beefster
26-02-2012, 08:03 AM
I agree that we need to try and keep McPake but he was getting slaughtered on here as 'pish', woeful' and all sorts during the week and, exactly one game later, he's being hailed as potentially the best CH for decades!

BEEJ
26-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I agree that we need to try and keep McPake but he was getting slaughtered on here as 'pish', woeful' and all sorts during the week and, exactly one game later, he's being hailed as potentially the best CH for decades!
By the same posters?

just_joe
26-02-2012, 02:20 PM

Exactly mate. You read 1 thing then the complete opposite after the next game. Lets not get too carried away with McPake.

Sammy7nil
26-02-2012, 02:50 PM
I think we need a wee reality check.

McPake played at Ibrox and looked like a lumox, against Celtic he was worse.

McPake is better than we have had recently and may be a decent player no more.

frazeHFC
26-02-2012, 03:11 PM

His performance during the week was both of those, but in his first 2 games and from what i hear of yesterday he is definately a terrific player. Would love us to sign him permanantely.

Alfred E Newman
26-02-2012, 03:57 PM

For us a decent centre half is a great centre half.

Hibercelona
26-02-2012, 04:00 PM
For us a decent centre half is a great centre half.

Any centre half is a great centre half for us. We haven't had very many. :wink:

PeterboroHibee
26-02-2012, 04:15 PM

He, along with the entire team, were a shambles against the OF, so what?

He looks a more than solid CB and a leader, with a bit of confidence and some results the whole team will pick up. If he plays well against the other 9 teams then that would be good enough for me!

Beefster
27-02-2012, 07:08 AM
By the same posters?

I've no idea. My point was about the collective lack of perspective on here. Just like it's madness to be writing him off as 'pish' after a game or two, to claim that he could be the greatest CH in decades is nonsense too. As with all reality-based situations, the real position is generally somewhere in the middle (i.e. he's a decent CH, who occasionally has a bad game).

Septimus
27-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Plenderlieth fan myself from the days when centre halfs were actually that and not centre half/halves. The plain fact is that you pays your money and you takes your choice. If Hibs want class in any position they will have to pay.

Don Giovanni
27-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Even 4 down against Celtic (not McPakes finest hour) he was still shouting, organising and. demanding better from his team-mates. As well as being better at the basics than most of our recent centre backs, McPake is a leader, a winner, and we've not had too many of those in recent years.

I hope we can hold onto him (and Griffiths) in particular.

Part/Time Supporter
27-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I think he struggled against Celtic due to Stokes' pace and movement. There were a couple of situations in that game (eg the second goal) where Stokes drifted out to the left, lost McPake and then cut inside him. I think he is stronger in the air and a good organiser. Against most of the SPL that is what you are looking for really. Jones was more than useful against most SPL forwards but sometimes struggled against one or two of the better OF forwards.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2012, 10:13 AM
I think he struggled against Celtic due to Stokes' pace and movement. There were a couple of situations in that game (eg the second goal) where Stokes drifted out to the left, lost McPake and then cut inside him. I think he is stronger in the air and a good organiser. Against most of the SPL that is what you are looking for really. Jones was more than useful against most SPL forwards but sometimes struggled against one or two of the better OF forwards.

:agree: A decent centre half, who does most things right.

basehibby
27-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Even 4 down against Celtic (not McPakes finest hour) he was still shouting, organising and. demanding better from his team-mates. As well as being better at the basics than most of our recent centre backs, McPake is a leader, a winner, and we've not had too many of those in recent years.

I hope we can hold onto him (and Griffiths) in particular.

:agree: :top marks McPake has shown terrific attitude to add to his defensive skills and his presence in the team alone has lead to a marked improvement IMO.

Like you, I would be delighted if he, along with Griffiths, could be signed up to longer term deals - they are the sort of players which Fenlon could build a team around and that's exactly what we need rather than the endless stream of journeymen to which we have become far too acustomed over the last 5 years.

--------
27-02-2012, 12:33 PM

Erm, no.

John Madsen, Jim Black, George Stewart, Gordon Hunter, Tam McIntyre, Roy Barry, John Hughes, Paul Fenwick, Franck Sauzee.

He's better than O'Hanlon - that's true. But who isn't?

And there's the potential for a partnership developing between him and Paul Hanlon, and if that happns we may see a real improvement at the back of the team.

Like blackpool says, a decent centre-half who does most things right.

Best since BBJ? You're having a laugh. But we could do worse than sign him on a longer deal.