PDA

View Full Version : 6 Nations rugby

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Whilst I expect Scotland to lose tomorrow, this day just keeps getting better, England denied a possible try in 2nd half injury time by the video ref to give Wales a 19-12 victory @ Twickers.
I believe Ireland tucked Italy away too.

cocopops1875
25-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I know very little about rugby but how did the "new johnny" get to kick 1 drop goal and 2 penaltys while bleeding from a head knock ? Ps gutted about the result :-)

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Whilst I expect Scotland to lose tomorrow, this day just keeps getting better, England denied a possible try in 2nd half injury time by the video ref to give Wales a 19-12 victory @ Twickers.
I believe Ireland tucked Italy away too.

Was no way the video ref could give that TRY, it looked like it was grounded from one angle but not the others so inconclusive the video ref said and therefore the right decision unfortunately. Just shows that TV replays are not as simple as you think, especially in rugby with the mass of bodies over the ball.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Aye, from all the angles shown is still impossible to tell, unlike Milans goal against Juve earlier this evening where the ball was about 2 feet over the line with the assistant standing next to the corner flag! Doubt we've heard the last of that one!

cocopops1875
25-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Also it was around 3 mins to make the call that would never work in football

--------
27-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I have a small wager on that Scotland (aka the Anglo-Antipodean Rejects XV) will come out bottom this year.

Looks like next game will decide whether I'll be cashing in or not .... :greengrin