PDA

View Full Version : Nhl

twiceinathens
24-02-2012, 07:57 PM
While visiting my son in Raleigh North Carolina went to see Carolina Hurricanes v Washington Capitals this week. While the 'Canes have been performing like Hibs recently they ran amok in a five nil triumph. Reasonably priced tickets, able to have a beer during the game and a few decent punchups ( a standard part of any game) made for a most enjoyable experience. A positive sporting experience. Almost forgotten what this is:greengrin

Sylar
25-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Was fortunate enough to make it to one of the Stanley Cup Final games in 2008 when my Wings were playing against the Penguins in the Joe.

Great game, cracking atmosphere and a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

If you enjoyed that, you should check out the Elite League when you get back to the UK - Edinburgh, Fife, Braehead and Dundee all have teams and whilst not quite as good as the NHL, it's an enjoyable experience nonetheless.

DH1875
26-02-2012, 06:20 PM
You get tickets as cheap as pie during the season because of the amount of games they play :agree:. Same goes for the baseball if it's not a big game.

GhostofBolivar
27-02-2012, 05:59 AM
You get tickets as cheap as pie during the season because of the amount of games they play :agree:. Same goes for the baseball if it's not a big game.

That's not strictly true.

You might get tickets cheap for Carolina. Fairly or not, Carolina aren't a big draw.

I can assure you that tickets for any game involving Toronto are not cheap.

DH1875
27-02-2012, 06:52 PM
That's not strictly true.

You might get tickets cheap for Carolina. Fairly or not, Carolina aren't a big draw.

I can assure you that tickets for any game involving Toronto are not cheap.

I'm not an expert or anything but that must be to do with the Canadian dollar or something. A quick look on stubhub and there's loads of tickets on there for the likes of the Devils, Capitals, Columbus, Dallas Stars, Tampa and the Blackhawks for well under $20. And that was only a quick look. If anything, most teams have tickets under $20 depending on who their playing.
Actually, a quick look also sees that you can get tickets for the Maple Leafs against the Devils for as little as $28 which is what, £18. Is that no cheap enough? It's the top tier, but still :greengrin. Even better, if you fancy a trip to Florida you can see the Leafs for as little as $10 :wink:. See what you mean about Carolina though, they selling tickets for the game against Nashville for $1.98 :faf:.

GhostofBolivar
28-02-2012, 04:43 AM
I'm not an expert or anything but that must be to do with the Canadian dollar or something. A quick look on stubhub and there's loads of tickets on there for the likes of the Devils, Capitals, Columbus, Dallas Stars, Tampa and the Blackhawks for well under $20. And that was only a quick look. If anything, most teams have tickets under $20 depending on who their playing.
Actually, a quick look also sees that you can get tickets for the Maple Leafs against the Devils for as little as $28 which is what, £18. Is that no cheap enough? It's the top tier, but still :greengrin. Even better, if you fancy a trip to Florida you can see the Leafs for as little as $10 :wink:. See what you mean about Carolina though, they selling tickets for the game against Nashville for $1.98 :faf:.

The Devils are notorious for low attendance, Phoenix have massive financial problems, Columbus are terrible, so are the Islanders and the Florida Panthers fan is a mythical beast on a par with dragons.

I'd only go and see the Leafs in California, Vancouver or Toronto. The only one of them where tickets would be cheap is California.

Tickets to see Toronto in Toronto are a minimum $60 for top tier standing room tickets that probably have an obstructed view. Lower bowl tickets will set you back well over £100. The same will apply for any Leafs game in Buffalo, Ottawa or Montreal.

twiceinathens
28-02-2012, 10:12 PM
We got our tickets for $29 dollars each - less than half price on a resale site. One thing the crowd could do with is a bit of variation in chants. Their one effort was a repeated "lets go canes". Noticed the same style when I went to see the Carolina Railhawks "soccer" team(Stephen Glass was on their roster) playing Montreal last year. While the atmosphere at this game was fairly low key there was an epic pitch invasion by the Montreal bench at the end of the game which saw the local police having to rescue the assistant referee:greengrin.