PDA

View Full Version : free anti virus download

HibbyAndy
23-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I keep hearing AVG and other various anti virus downloads are free then you click on the link and it wants money from you..Is there ANY free anti virus downloads out there????

Darth Hibbie
23-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I keep hearing AVG and other various anti virus downloads are free then you click on the link and it wants money from you..Is there ANY free anti virus downloads out there????

I use AVG free and never had any problems. If I remember correctly when I downloaded it I had the option to take the free version or upgrade to the "premium" version.

KingFranck
24-02-2012, 11:32 AM
I'd go with Avast used to use AVG but a failed install made me look for alternative ones and Avast ticked all the boxes and free!

McSwanky
24-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Yep, AVG have a free version (although the free version was a little tricky to find last time I looked!)

You could also try Microsoft's free AV, Security Essentials:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/products/security-essentials

HibbyAndy
24-02-2012, 12:34 PM
How do i go about finding out if my laptop has a virus? I clicked on a link the other day on facebook and it was only after that someone told me it was a virus!!..Ever since then my laptop is taking forever and day to load a page, It must be a virus, AVG i downloaded for free and it did a scan but found nowt malicious,Where can i find this virus about?. Ta.

offshorehibby
24-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Used to use AVG but moved onto Avast. I also use Commodo firewall, Malwarebytes & superantispyware, all free down loads and supposed to be as good as any paid for programs.

alhibby
24-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Some good free software here http://www.filehippo.com/ also some good antimalware, used a good few from here without any problems, malwarebytes for me anyway, is the best.

HH81
24-02-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm on avast myself. Decent and FREE. Just what we look for in yorkshire.

DH1875
24-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Microsoft have free security with free virus and spyware protection included. Just comes up automatically with a warning when you get a virus and you just delete it. You can also run a scan witch checks your whole computer for anything that's been missed and then delete anything that crops up. It's quite easy really.

lapsedhibee
25-02-2012, 11:55 AM
How do i go about finding out if my laptop has a virus? I clicked on a link the other day on facebook and it was only after that someone told me it was a virus!!..Ever since then my laptop is taking forever and day to load a page, It must be a virus, AVG i downloaded for free and it did a scan but found nowt malicious,Where can i find this virus about?. Ta.

www.bleepingcomputer.com will help. Slow process and you have to be patient, but they're good.