PDA

View Full Version : Homeland

Future17
20-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Anybody watch this?

I saw the first episode was being shown on C4 last night. I'm on Episode 5 and it's brilliant.

Damian Lewis is excellent, as is Claire Danes. So far it's shaping up to be a well-observed take on a number of subjects in the CIA/post-Iraq genre which haven't been covered much in mainstream TV drama, as well as being entertaining, suspense-filled and with enough pace to keep you interested.

Hoping it continues in the same manner...

CropleyWasGod
20-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Anybody watch this?

I saw the first episode was being shown on C4 last night. I'm on Episode 5 and it's brilliant.

Damian Lewis is excellent, as is Claire Danes. So far it's shaping up to be a well-observed take on a number of subjects in the CIA/post-Iraq genre which haven't been covered much in mainstream TV drama, as well as being entertaining, suspense-filled and with enough pace to keep you interested.

Hoping it continues in the same manner...

I'm putting you on my ignore list until the series is finished on C4 :na na:

Allant1981
21-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Watched the first episode last night, got it on series link now

Future17
21-02-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm putting you on my ignore list until the series is finished on C4 :na na:

I promise not to spoil it! :greengrin

I'm on Episode 10 now and it just keeps getting better.

derekHFC
21-02-2012, 02:51 PM
I promise not to spoil it! :greengrin

I'm on Episode 10 now and it just keeps getting better.

Where would one find these episodes which you speak about? :greengrin

Killiehibbie
21-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Where would one find these episodes which you speak about? :greengrinProject Free TV

Killiehibbie
21-02-2012, 05:46 PM
It seems to have been removed from Project Free TV. Watched it last year.

Future17
21-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Where would one find these episodes which you speak about? :greengrin

One has sent one a PM. :greengrin

derekHFC
22-02-2012, 10:09 AM

:aok:

Sylar
22-02-2012, 01:12 PM

Could one forward it on to me also? I usually rely on PFTV, and watched episode one on there, but the rest of them have been removed!

*Mumble grumble...*

Future17
22-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Could one forward it on to me also? I usually rely on PFTV, and watched episode one on there, but the rest of them have been removed!

*Mumble grumble...*

Done! :aok:

Matty_Jack04
23-02-2012, 07:18 PM

*Mumble grumble...*

Could one also get in on this? First episode was great the other night
Plus I feel like I'm missing out 😃

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Just watched ep1, looks very promising.

Haymaker
10-04-2012, 11:22 PM
Just finished the series. Wow.

matty_f
11-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Have loved it so far, best series I've watched since Boardwalk Empire finished. So many twists and turns in the story, it really keeps you hanging on for the next episode. Have resisted the temptation to watch the full series so will wait for Sunday's episode...

Cracking series though.:agree:

BroxburnHibee
11-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Aye its pretty good

Thought it slowed for a few episodes after the first but I'm glad I stuck with it

easty
11-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Have loved it so far, best series I've watched since Boardwalk Empire finished. So many twists and turns in the story, it really keeps you hanging on for the next episode. Have resisted the temptation to watch the full series so will wait for Sunday's episode...

Cracking series though.:agree:

I couldmt resist..I watched 5 episodes today and finished the series. Good stuff.:agree:

G B Young
09-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Dug this thread out of the archives.

Has anyone stuck with this for the whole seven seasons? As early posts state, this was unmissable TV in its early seasons but the last couple of seasons saw it take a real nosedive IMHO.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-12-2018, 10:01 PM

Has anyone stuck with this for the whole seven seasons? As early posts state, this was unmissable TV in its early seasons but the last couple of seasons saw it take a real nosedive IMHO.

Aye, like a few of the shows mentioned on the big thread it's dragged on a bit, next series is the final one so, that'll do.

Hibbyradge
09-12-2018, 11:01 PM
I think the last series was pretty good although it seemed to change direction halfway through, probably because Trump got unexpectedly elected.

I'm looking forward to season 8 which, I understand, is closely aligned to season 7.

The president, Elizabeth Keane, and the right wing fake news guy are supposed to be in it.

Alfiembra
10-12-2018, 12:51 PM
I think the last series was pretty good although it seemed to change direction halfway through, probably because Trump got unexpectedly elected.

I'm looking forward to season 8 which, I understand, is closely aligned to season 7.

The president, Elizabeth Keane, and the right wing fake news guy are supposed to be in it.

As likely to see Brodie again in season eight than this guy.

Future17
10-12-2018, 02:06 PM

I've watched all seven seasons. I think Season 5 was a dip, but 6 and 7 have been right back up there for me. Whilst avoiding spoilers, I think Rupert Friend is phenomenal.

Hibbyradge
11-12-2018, 11:07 AM
As likely to see Brodie again in season eight than this guy.

You may be right, but Digital Spy says it's a possibility ;

"Dead certs for the new episodes are Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison and Mandy Patinkin as Saul Berenson, the heart and soul of Homeland.

Other possibilities include... F. Murray Abraham as Dar Adal (behind bars, but still very much alive), Elizabeth Marvel as Elizabeth Keane, Maury Sterling as Max Piotrowski, Linus Roache as David Wellington (White House Chief of Staff), and Jake Weber as right-wing media personality Brett O'Keefe."

matty_f
14-12-2018, 12:07 PM
I've watched all seven seasons. I think Season 5 was a dip, but 6 and 7 have been right back up there for me. Whilst avoiding spoilers, I think Rupert Friend is phenomenal.

I'd agree with that. I think overall it's a great series.