PDA

View Full Version : Question Edinburgh Ice hockey

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2012, 08:23 PM
My partner cant bloody stand football ....... Sigh !!!

But she does like ice hockey and went to see the Murrayfield Racers a few times back in the day ( about 20 odd years ago )

We have agreed to go and see the Edinburgh Capitols .. Hopefully against Nottingham Panthers.

I have never been so I need a few tips regarding the following:

Where is the best place to sit ? ......... not £40 tickets though :greengrin

What is the temperature like ? .... she has a medical condition which can be agrivated by too much cold.

What is parking like at the ice rink ?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sylar
15-02-2012, 08:28 PM
My partner cant bloody stand football ....... Sigh !!!

But she does like ice hockey and went to see the Murrayfield Racers a few times back in the day ( about 20 odd years ago )

We have agreed to go and see the Edinburgh Capitols .. Hopefully against Nottingham Panthers.

I have never been so I need a few tips regarding the following:

Where is the best place to sit ? ......... not £40 tickets though :greengrin

What is the temperature like ? .... she has a medical condition which can be agrivated by too much cold.

What is parking like at the ice rink ?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Can't answer specific to Edinburgh, as I'm a Dundee fan, but it's similar to football in terms of seat quality, whereby half-way is probably best. It's obviously cool in the arena, but never punishingly cold.

Only ever been to Murrayfield once, as a visiting fan and I got the train - pretty sure parking shouldn't be too much of an issue - it certainly isn't in Dundee!

NAE NOOKIE
15-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Can't answer specific to Edinburgh, as I'm a Dundee fan, but it's similar to football in terms of seat quality, whereby half-way is probably best. It's obviously cool in the arena, but never punishingly cold.

Only ever been to Murrayfield once, as a visiting fan and I got the train - pretty sure parking shouldn't be too much of an issue - it certainly isn't in Dundee!

Thanks for that

heretoday
19-02-2012, 01:57 PM
It's cold. Wrap up warm.