DaveF
09-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Is back on the telly tonight (SKY)

First round fixtures are:

Andy Hamilton v James Wade
Simon Whitlock v Raymond van Barneveld
Kevin Painter v Gary Anderson
Adrian Lewis v Phil Taylor

For us darters, let's try and tip the winners each week and see how we get on?

Tonight I'll go for Wade, Whitlock, Anderson and Taylor but both Anderson and Taylor could go the other way :greengrin

CmoantheHibs
09-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Ill go for Wade, Whitlock, Anderson and Lewis

I fancy Whitlock to win it this year but obviously hoping Anderson can repeat his success of last year.

HibbyAndy
09-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Wade
Whitlock
Anderson
Taylor ( This is the toughest one to call )

Thank god the Premier league Darts is back!!! Ive missed a Thursday night without the Arry's:agree:

13 weeks of bliss:greengrin

lord bunberry
09-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I fancy wade whitlock anderson and lewis. I really wish they would have it in edinburgh again that was a great night out

Sergey
09-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Hamilton/Wade - Draw
Whitlock - Win
Anderson - Win
Lewis/Taylor - Draw

I'm having 2 bets. Over 5.5 180's in the Hamilton/Lewis match @ 5/6 - Over 7.5 in the Anderson/Painter match @ 11/10.

Calvin
09-02-2012, 03:55 PM
If anyone knows a couple of spare tickets going for next week then I'll be forever in your debt!

I think Wade, Whitlock, Anderson and Taylor. Will be interesting finishing in that final game given their pairs debacle at the world cup last week!

allezsauzee
09-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Wade 8 Hamilton 4
Whitlock 7 Barney 7
Painter 4 Anderson 8
Lewis 7 Taylor 7

hibee81
09-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Is back on the telly tonight (SKY)

First round fixtures are:

Andy Hamilton v James Wade
Simon Whitlock v Raymond van Barneveld
Kevin Painter v Gary Anderson
Adrian Lewis v Phil Taylor

For us darters, let's try and tip the winners each week and see how we get on?

Tonight I'll go for Wade, Whitlock, Anderson and Taylor but both Anderson and Taylor could go the other way :greengrin

im going to go with wade, whitlock, painter and taylor tonight,with anderson struggling to check out but scoring for fun. Out right league winner to be wade.:agree::agree::agree::agree:

lord bunberry
09-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Not one of us picked Hamilton shows how much we know

DaveF
09-02-2012, 06:55 PM

He played well, though it looked like he got to Wade a few times by shouting as he was walking back from the board.

Still, a decent performance from him.

3pm
09-02-2012, 07:05 PM
The burd that walked on with Whitlock is magnificent.

lord bunberry
09-02-2012, 07:20 PM
He played well, though it looked like he got to Wade a few times by shouting as he was walking back from the board.

Still, a decent performance from him.

It was a decent performance but I think wade beats himself sometimes a bit like anderson

Sergey
09-02-2012, 07:25 PM

£120 -£100 sorted me out on the first match on the 180 market.

WHITLOCK IS NOT A GAMBLING MEDIUM

AVOID

DaveF
09-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Anderson :no way:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2012, 08:46 PM
What a shocking effort from Gary!

3pm
09-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Can't be often the walk on girl has had smaller t1ts than a player. Taylor won that contest there.

DaveF
09-02-2012, 09:39 PM
If we were giving out 2 points for a correct tip then in week 1 our guessing was:

allezsauzee - 4 points (Whitlock \ Barney and Lewis \ Taylor)
Sergey - 2 points (Taylor \ Lewis)
hibee81 - 2 points (Painter)
DaveF - Nil Points
CmoantheHibs - Nil Points
HibbyAndy - Nil Points
eh hibees - Nil Points
Calvin - Nil Points

New thread next week!

allezsauzee
09-02-2012, 10:20 PM
If we were giving out 2 points for a correct tip then in week 1 our guessing was:

allezsauzee - 4 points (Whitlock \ Barney and Lewis \ Taylor)
Sergey - 2 points (Taylor \ Lewis)
hibee81 - 2 points (Painter)
DaveF - Nil Points
CmoantheHibs - Nil Points
HibbyAndy - Nil Points
eh hibees - Nil Points
Calvin - Nil Points

New thread next week!

Can't believe that comeback from taylor though, unbelievable performance

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Taylor v Lewis made up for the sub standard effort in the 3rd match, although Painter did provide some outstanding finishes.

Frazerbob
10-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Taylor v Lewis made up for the sub standard effort in the 3rd match, although Painter did provide some outstanding finishes.

Anderson seems to have the attention span of a gold fish. He can't seem to focus, always laughing and joking with his opponent or getting involved with the crowd. Shocking performance last night. Compare him to the greats who just block everything out and get themselves into the zone!

Sergey
10-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I've just had a look back at last nights stats http://www.pdc.tv/page/PremierLeagueDetail/0,,10180~2605523,00.html

Anderson averaged a shade over 80 for his 3 dart average. Taylor was nigh-on 113. That's akin to an extra dart per throw.

I like Anderson but he's really a one trick pony. If he hits 180's then he'll win any leg, if he doesn't, then he's no B game as his doubles and cover-shots are non-existent. He did surprisingly well to win 6 legs as at 5-0 down he was staring at a whitewash.

8 x 180's by Taylor is one to keep in mind for us gamblers. He was an 8/1 shot to be high scorer last night.

DaveF
10-02-2012, 10:36 AM
I've just had a look back at last nights stats http://www.pdc.tv/page/PremierLeagueDetail/0,,10180~2605523,00.html

Anderson averaged a shade over 80 for his 3 dart average. Taylor was nigh-on 113. That's akin to an extra dart per throw.

I like Anderson but he's really a one trick pony. If he hits 180's then he'll win any leg, if he doesn't, then he's no B game as his doubles and cover-shots are non-existent. He did surprisingly well to win 6 legs as at 5-0 down he was staring at a whitewash.

8 x 180's by Taylor is one to keep in mind for us gamblers. He was an 8/1 shot to be high scorer last night.

Not sure about that. His so called 'double trouble' is nowhere near as bad as the commentators make out - It's bad at times, but Whitlock missed 5 darts at a double in one leg last night and it hardly raised a comment. If that was Anderson they'd be screaming about it. In fact, I remember one tournament where Anderson hit the double 1st time of asking about 8 legs in a row - so he is more than capable.

I just think he lacks the desire to the best. He knows he's good enough, he makes very good dough from the circuit and exhibitions and rather disappointly, seems not to want to put in the extra practice to get to the very top.

Sergey
10-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Not sure about that. His so called 'double trouble' is nowhere near as bad as the commentators make out - It's bad at times, but Whitlock missed 5 darts at a double in one leg last night and it hardly raised a comment. If that was Anderson they'd be screaming about it. In fact, I remember one tournament where Anderson hit the double 1st time of asking about 8 legs in a row - so he is more than capable.

I just think he lacks the desire to the best. He knows he's good enough, he makes very good dough from the circuit and exhibitions and rather disappointly, seems not to want to put in the extra practice to get to the very top.

Let's agree to differ, Dave, but if we were to look at the stats from last night, Anderson's checkout success was 21%. That was by far and away the lowest on the night.

Let's also keep tabs on his checkouts through the Premier League as one night isn't a yardstick.

BTW - Whitlock's finishing is also suspect and I've given up backing him in any match.

Sergey
10-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Dave - I've just looked at Anderson's checkout stats for this years WC.

1st round Vs Artut - 29%
2nd Round Vs Lloyd - 45%
QF Vs Whitlock - 26%

Other than the match against Lloyd, he's averaging over 3 darts per double hit, sometimes approaching 4 (and last night 5).

Edit - Looked a bit further back.

Players Championship - Lost to Painter - 20%
Grand Slam - Lost to Heydon - 21%
Euro Championship - Beat Cavan - 55% - Lost to Wright - 26%

Edit 2 - And a bit further...

Grand Prix - Lost to Burnett - 27%
Matchplay - Lost to Hamilton - 29%
UK Open - No Stats

.Sean.
10-02-2012, 12:09 PM
The burd that walked on with Whitlock is magnificent.

The blonde thing? She was at the Ally Pally too. Outstanding!

DaveF
10-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Dave - I've just looked at Anderson's checkout stats for this years WC.

1st round Vs Artut - 29%
2nd Round Vs Lloyd - 45%
QF Vs Whitlock - 26%

Other than the match against Lloyd, he's averaging over 3 darts per double hit, sometimes approaching 4 (and last night 5).

Edit - Looked a bit further back.

Players Championship - Lost to Painter - 20%
Grand Slam - Lost to Heydon - 21%
Euro Championship - Beat Cavan - 55% - Lost to Wright - 26%

Edit 2 - And a bit further...

Grand Prix - Lost to Burnett - 27%
Matchplay - Lost to Hamilton - 29%
UK Open - No Stats

Not disputing he's one of the poorer finishers - The stats above say that, but he's not really been in good form for over 6 months and your stats back that up.

It would be interesting to see his % ages from last years Premier League.

Sergey
10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Not disputing he's one of the poorer finishers - The stats above say that, but he's not really been in good form for over 6 months and your stats back that up.

I did try, Dave, but the result archive is no longer on the PDC site.

FWIW - Anderson is in severe danger of dropping rapidly down the rankings unless he starts to have some sort of decent run in tournaments, as other players are hot on his heels.

Regarding the walk on girls, they're called Sarah Tunnicliffe & Nicola Cowell.

See: http://www.walkongirls.co.uk/tonightsgirls.html

HibbyAndy
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Anderson needs to stop fannying about at the start of matches, Stop playing the crowd who are already giving you it 100% tight and stop being so bloody chatty with your opponent prior to the match starting! Use your 9 practice Darts to get in the zone at the start and keep your trap shut and focus.

Sergey
10-02-2012, 03:01 PM

Doing sod-all today so spent some time tracking the stats down.

Weeks 1 - 3 No info available
Wk 4 - 33% - Win Vs Wade
Wk 5 - 40% - Loss Vs Taylor
Wk 6 - 15% - Loss Vs Lewis
Wk 7 - 56% - Loss Vs RvB
Wk 8 - 44% - Win Vs Wade
Wk 9 - 38% - Win Vs Jenkins
Wk 10 - 36% - Win Vs Webster
Wk 11 - 28% - Win Vs Whitlock
Wk 12 - 30% - Loss Vs Taylor
Wk 13 - N/A
Wk 14 - 27% - Draw Vs Lewis