PDA

View Full Version : 2.5K a week for Sutton? No wonder they are going up the swanny

horseflesh
02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
In the Evening News it states that Hibs and others could not afford 2.5K a week to cover John Suttons wages, no mention of the fact that no sane club would pay him half of that.
Journeyman pro at best

JimBHibees
02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
In the Evening News it states that Hibs and others could not afford 2.5K a week to cover John Suttons wages, no mention of the fact that no sane club would pay him half of that.
Journeyman pro at best

Dont think it is a case of could not rather chose not to.

cocopops1875
02-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Actually no bad by their standards, now Barr on 4-6k a week is mental

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Journeyman pro at best

The fact that they are looking to give him the spanish archer would suggest that they can't afford it themselves.:dunno:

hibee92
02-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Was Nade not on like 10-15k?! sure i read that somewhere :faf:

Gettin' Auld
02-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Journeyman pro at best

Neither could the yams!! :greengrin

R'Albin
02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Dont think it is a case of could not rather chose not to.

My thoughts as well :agree:

CB_NO3
02-02-2012, 07:27 PM
If anyone cant afford it, its them. We just released a right back who I believe was on a crazy 2.7k a week. As someone said, I think its more of a would rather not pay it, rather than not affording it.

Cropley10
02-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Good player. Made an immediate impact in the derby.

The_Todd
02-02-2012, 08:15 PM
2.5k isn't all that much, and not the reason they're skinto.

Brooster
02-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Sutton is on 3k a week, the yams are looking for someone to take him for less whilst still paying a portion. I also think Sutton at £2.5k a week is decent value.

Eyrie
02-02-2012, 08:37 PM
That was his food bill.

Lofarl
02-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Nade was worth every penny.

Albion Hibs
02-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I am actually surprised if that is all he is on, would be surprised if he was not on a decent appearance, win and maybe even one of the other personal bonus structure the hertz offer......but never pay.

Given the cough 8k+2k for Obua it seems like good value, I guess by the same token De Graff at 6k is not anything to be proud of!

.Sean.
02-02-2012, 11:35 PM
I am actually surprised if that is all he is on, would be surprised if he was not on a decent appearance, win and maybe even one of the other personal bonus structure the hertz offer......but never pay.

Given the cough 8k+2k for Obua it seems like good value, I guess by the same token De Graff at 6k is not anything to be proud of!
Hibs.net myth

Dunbar Hibee
03-02-2012, 01:02 AM
:faf: De Graff on 6k my erse.

Winston Ingram
03-02-2012, 08:06 AM

£6k a week. I think one of yer Yam pals is pullin yer plonker

DC_Hibs
03-02-2012, 08:33 AM
I guess by the same token De Graff at 6k is not anything to be proud of!

Arf, Arf.

Was it you that started the one about Riordan getting 30k a week wage in China!!

mein Gott.

bruno
03-02-2012, 08:42 AM
2.5k isn't all that much, and not the reason they're skinto.

Spot on

I quoted this on threads about Sutton at the time a move was first talked about to Hibs. I think many believed he was on far more than that but Hearts by the time he signed had cut their cloth wages wise to realistic levels. Too little too late unfortuntaley and we are still left with big earners Kyle Zaliukas Driver and Obua, with many more on decent wages. These decent wages would be affordable if our squad not too large and we were starting with a blank sheet, however we are clearly not, allied to the massive debt, gross overpayment to some players and too big a squad we will certainly struggle financially to meet day to day costs including wages for the rest of the season.

If we were able to lose 3 or 4 of the highest earners in January it would have helped but can understand why they wouldn't walk away from a lucrative contract and that is Hearts own fault. I think come wages time in February it will be very difficult to pay these and I certainly think Hearts expected to lose some of their high earners and possibly sell templeton for 700k they were allegedly looking for.

While from a football perspective I am delighted players like Kello and Templeton will be here for the rest of the season however I fear from the off field perspective and think there will be more turmoil.

Never mind be positive the Russian transfer window is still open :wink:

horseflesh
03-02-2012, 08:50 AM
Spot on

I quoted this on threads about Sutton at the time a move was first talked about to Hibs. I think many believed he was on far more than that but Hearts by the time he signed had cut their cloth wages wise to realistic levels. Too little too late unfortuntaley and we are still left with big earners Kyle Zaliukas Driver and Obua, with many more on decent wages. These decent wages would be affordable if our squad not too large and we were starting with a blank sheet, however we are clearly not, allied to the massive debt, gross overpayment to some players and too big a squad we will certainly struggle financially to meet day to day costs including wages for the rest of the season.

If we were able to lose 3 or 4 of the highest earners in January it would have helped but can understand why they wouldn't walk away from a lucrative contract and that is Hearts own fault. I think come wages time in February it will be very difficult to pay these and I certainly think Hearts expected to lose some of their high earners and possibly sell templeton for 700k they were allegedly looking for.

While from a football perspective I am delighted players like Kello and Templeton will be here for the rest of the season however I fear from the off field perspective and think there will be more turmoil.

Depends what you regard as value for money, I would be surprised if GOC or Riordan were/are on that money as a basic wage. I know its all about opinions but next to these players Sutton looks like too expensive

Sean1875
03-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Couldnt tell you about Nade but im sure pineapple heed Larry Kingston was on 15k a week :agree:

bruno
03-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Couldnt tell you about Nade but im sure pineapple heed Larry Kingston was on 15k a week :agree:

part of your answer is right 15000 but not £ and not a week

He was on 15,000 Euros a month!!!!

Andy74
03-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Spot on

That's not cutting your cloth to realstic levels!

Realistic levels would have been £0 per week as you alrready couldn't afford the players you had when he signed.

A budget is an overall thing and you can't just say that if you didn't have all those players then what that player is paid would be reasonable.

This is the reason Hearts were signing these players when others were in for them too, they didn't care whether they could afford them or not, it makes no odds that their weekly wage, if you imagined Hearts only had 20 players, would be affordable.

They also just have to make sure they were offering just that bit more than the other clubs would go up to - again, due to not caring about the affordability. So, £2.5 k you may think Hibs could have got to, but if the max we would value him at was £2.4k then you have falsely inflated that value just to get him.

RyeSloan
03-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Think you will find things go DOWN the swanny not UP.

Regards

Mr Pendant.

The Voice Of Reason
03-02-2012, 01:56 PM

Who told you that - the tooth fairy !!!!! :greengrin

I was told that both Hart and De Graaf were on £3.2K a week - even that figure is hilarious/ridiculous !

But £6K......come on ! :aok:

Sas_The_Hibby
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM

Regards

Mr Pendant.

Are you related to Medallion Man? :wink:

Andy74
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM

Regards

Mr Pendant.

What is a swanny?

Edit? Presume the Suwanee river.

In that case things do indeed go down it, however finding yourself up it would be the problem, particularly without a paddle. If you found yourself down it without a paddle it's no big deal.

HibbyAndy
03-02-2012, 02:35 PM
part of your answer is right 15000 but not £ and not a week

Absolute no danger.

Whats that a couple of grand a week?..Im led to believe Pineapple heid was on 12K minimum per week.

GreenOnions
03-02-2012, 02:49 PM
What is a swanny?

In that case things do indeed go down it, however finding yourself up it would be the problem, particularly without a paddle. If you found yourself down it without a paddle it's no big deal.

Surely that depends on what there is "down river"? A massive waterfall with rapids and wall-to-wall crocodiles would undoubtedly be cause for some concern. However, a marina with waterside bars and bistros and beautiful women might allow a little more relaxation?

bruno
03-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Absolute no danger.

Whats that a couple of grand a week?..Im led to believe Pineapple heid was on 12K minimum per week.
Well people will just need to make their own minds up. Bearing in mind where he stayed no disrespect but if i earned 12k a week i wouldn.t choose there. How come everyone one who claims to know how much a player was or is on say it was " at least " rather than being precise with the figure. Suggests guess work to me

HibbyAndy
03-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Well people will just need to make their own minds up. Bearing in mind where he stayed no disrespect but if i earned 12k a week i wouldn.t choose there. How come everyone one who claims to know how much a player was or is on say it was " at least " rather than being precise with the figure. Suggests guess work to me

But isn't that what your saying here?

Isn't this guesswork?

RyeSloan
03-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Are you related to Medallion Man? :wink:

That's ma Da'! :greengrin

RyeSloan
03-02-2012, 06:46 PM
What is a swanny?

Would indeed appear to be connected to the Suwanee river and specifically the slaves who were past their use by date being sent down said river for resale/disposal.