PDA

View Full Version : Between now and the split

bigwheel
29-01-2012, 12:10 PM
What's your views of what the situation will be at the split?

Weve got

Aberdeen, Celtic, St Mirren, united, Well at home
well, killie, hearts, Inverness away

Im guessing circa 9 points

Dunfermline have
killie, Rangers, Inverness,well. Saint Mirren, hearts at home
st Johnstone, Celtic, united away

Around 9 - 10 points also

It will be neck and neck at the split is my view..,,

Since90+2
29-01-2012, 12:26 PM

Weve got

Dunfermline have

It will be neck and neck at the split is my view..,,

I honestly cant see us picking up ANY points away from home , maybe 1 or 2 if we are lucky.

We will need to win atleast 3 of our home games because if you look at the fixtures Dunfermline's look easier than ours. :worried:

Vini1875
29-01-2012, 12:35 PM
I can see us winning slightly more games than Dunfermline and post split our game v Dunfermline will be enough to keep us up and doom them. I do think it is going to be tight though.

The_Todd
29-01-2012, 12:41 PM

Weve got

Dunfermline have

Us:

Aberdeen - draw 1 point.
Celtic - lose. 0 points.
St Mirren - draw. 1 point.
United - draw. 1 point.
Well - lose. 0 points.
Well - lose. 0 points.
Killie - win. 3 points.
Hearts - lose. 0 points.
Inverness - lose. 0 points.

6 points.

Dunfy:
Killie - lose. 0 points.
Rangers - lose. 0 points.
Inverness - draw. 1 point.
Well - lose. 0 points.
St Mirren - draw. 1 point.
Hearts - lose. 0 points.
St J - lose. 0 points.
Celtic - lose 0 points.
United - draw. 1 point.

3 points.

So, my guesstimate is we'll be awful and stuggle to get points, but Dunfy will struggle even more. And that is very fortunate for us.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2012, 01:23 PM
I honestly cant see us picking up ANY points away from home , maybe 1 or 2 if we are lucky.

We will need to win atleast 3 of our home games because if you look at the fixtures Dunfermline's look easier than ours. :worried:

We've won just one home league game in the past year so I don't see how we're going to suddenly win three over the next couple of months.

Incidentally, I see us getting the following number of points before the split;

Aberdeen (H)-1 point
Celtic (H)-0 points
Motherwell (A)-0 points
Kilmarnock (A)-0 points
St Mirren (H)-3 points (I'll be optimistic here!)
Hearts (A)-0 points
Dundee Utd (H)-0 points
Inverness (A)-0 points
Motherwell (H)-0 points

4 points for me.

I don't see Dunfermline picking up too many points either so I expect the two of us to be in a very similar position to the one we're currently in, by the time the split arrives in April.

I really believe it'll all come down to the final meeting of the season between the two sides at Easter Road during the split.

I wonder if the SPL will schedule it for the final match of the season? :hmmm:

iain nolan
29-01-2012, 02:51 PM
its not about who we play its about how we play .
Am sure the managment team and the new players will keep us up . give the new players time to adjust maybe it take them 2 or 3 games to gel .
lets not foget there never been much between the 10 other clubs and we not been getting hammerd off them and we been poor .
so if some off them just beat us last time due to mistakes in our defence the new players will give every time a harder game when they next player the hibees and we should pick up more points:flag:

offshorehibby
29-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Am sure the managment team and the new players will keep us up . give the new players time to adjust maybe it take them 2 or 3 games to gel .
lets not foget there never been much between the 10 other clubs and we not been getting hammerd off them and we been poor .
so if some off them just beat us last time due to mistakes in our defence the new players will give every time a harder game when they next player the hibees and we should pick up more points:flag:

That's my slant on it as well we've got to hope that the players brought in will make the difference and with another 1 or 2 hopefully to come.

greenlex
29-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Lets not forget that no team will be relegated at the split either. There is plenty points available after it too.

The_Todd
29-01-2012, 05:46 PM
lets not foget there never been much between the 10 other clubs

Well, there's 8 points between us and the team directly above us so I'd disagree with that.

Hibby cal
30-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Hopefully by tomorrow night our near future
Will become clearer . Maybe another signing
Or two will put us in a stronger position , and
We will be able to pull clear of Dunfermline
Before we meet them after the split.
:pfgwa

Septimus
30-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Lets not forget that no team will be relegated at the split either. There is plenty points available after it too.

Trouble is that we don't seem to do too well after the split. Last year was a total disaster.

Hibby 2005
30-01-2012, 08:29 AM
A point a game will be our goal but might not be enough.