PDA

View Full Version : Strange Voicemail?

SaulGoodman
27-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Basically got a voicemail today from a very distressed sounding person saying "I don't know what's wrong with me" and to "call an ambulance". Obviously, I couldn't call an ambulance so I called the number back to be greeted with the same person, who sounded perfectly fine. I explained to them what happened and they said "Oh I don't know, sorry"

I have no idea what this could be, I actually hope it's some sort of scam because I don't fancy being left with more of these voicemails because I was naturaly quite worried.

Any ideas?

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Basically got a voicemail today from a very distressed sounding person saying "I don't know what's wrong with me" and to "call an ambulance". Obviously, I couldn't call an ambulance so I called the number back to be greeted with the same person, who sounded perfectly fine. I explained to them what happened and they said "Oh I don't know, sorry"

I have no idea what this could be, I actually hope it's some sort of scam because I don't fancy being left with more of these voicemails because I was naturaly quite worried.

Any ideas?

If it sounded serious I'd call the police - not 999, but your local station to ask them.

SaulGoodman
27-01-2012, 03:13 PM
If it sounded serious I'd call the police - not 999, but your local station to ask them.

That's what I was thinking, but when I phoned back the person sounded fine and seemed as confused as I was. If it happens again I'll definitely have to do something about it.

Scouse Hibee
28-01-2012, 10:35 PM

Any ideas?

Sounds like a scam, if you google voicemail scam there are various examples.

Geo_1875
28-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Sounds like a scam, if you google voicemail scam there are various examples.

I'd check the number before calling. You might find you'be been charged £6 for phoning back.

essexhibee
29-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Some people lead very strange lives.