PDA

View Full Version : Hibs and The Olympics!

Sylar
26-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I notice from the West Lothian Courer that our very own Lawrence Stewart (aka Houchy) has been selected to carry the Olympic Torch!

http://www.westlothiancourier.co.uk/west-lothian-news/west-lothian-news/west-lothian-news/2012/01/26/inspirational-lawrence-chosen-to-carry-olympic-torch-62405-30199419/

Great news my good fellow - chuffed to bits for you!

Golden Bear
26-01-2012, 03:36 PM
I notice from the West Lothian Courer that our very own Lawrence Stewart (aka Houchy) has been selected to carry the Olympic Torch!

http://www.westlothiancourier.co.uk/west-lothian-news/west-lothian-news/west-lothian-news/2012/01/26/inspirational-lawrence-chosen-to-carry-olympic-torch-62405-30199419/

Great news my good fellow - chuffed to bits for you!

Absolutely excellent news.

Congratulations Houchy - you are an inspiration to us all.

:thumbsup:

Sylar
26-01-2012, 03:47 PM
For anyone unfamiliar with Lawrence's amazing story, here are 2 articles linked into the two recent Hibs.net Longest Day of Golf campaigns, which raised funds towards MacMillan Cancer care:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2009/04/03/i-beat-cancer-8-times-in-18-years-86908-21249790/

http://www.westlothiancourier.co.uk/west-lothian-news/west-lothian-news/west-lothian-news/2010/07/08/longest-day-golf-challenge-raises-thousands-for-charity-62405-26804524/

Lucius Apuleius
26-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Bloody brilliant. Well done mate. :thumbsup:

jonty
26-01-2012, 04:31 PM
:thumbsup: Excellent news, congratulations H

Hibs Class
26-01-2012, 07:00 PM

:agree:

Peevemor
26-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Great stuff! :aok:

Pretty Boy
26-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Cracking news and well deserved.

Congratulations.

Houchy
26-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, thanks so much for the kind remarks. I was honored just to be nominated to be honest then months later, I got an email saying I was on the shortlist before being told in December I'd got the job.

The person that nominated me was my personal trainer who had applied to be on the medical team. He got his gig too as a massage therapist. He was disappointed to find out that he would be located at "horse guard", he was happy to get the gig but equestrian wasn't something that excited him. It turns out that horse guard is the name for the Beach Volleyball venue.

Thanks again everyone:thumbsup:

Liam89
26-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Hey guys, thanks so much for the kind remarks. I was honored just to be nominated to be honest then months later, I got an email saying I was on the shortlist before being told in December I'd got the job.

The person that nominated me was my personal trainer who had applied to be on the medical team. He got his gig too as a massage therapist. He was disappointed to find out that he would be located at "horse guard", he was happy to get the gig but equestrian wasn't something that excited him. It turns out that horse guard is the name for the Beach Volleyball venue.

Congratulations! :top marks

Wembley67
26-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Nice one Houchy, really is a tremendous honour :thumbsup:

greenlex
26-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Watch and no drop the ****er. :greengrin Well done Laddie. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
26-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Nice one :thumbsup: Good for you :aok:

I'm_cabbaged
26-01-2012, 07:29 PM

Well done Houchy!! :thumbsup:

Just hope a prominent gentleman like yourself doesn't mind travelling in an Almera :greengrin

The Harp
26-01-2012, 07:32 PM
What an inspiring story. Congratulations Houchy!
Sounds like you thoroughly deserve this honour. Hope it's a day you and your family will never forget.
A' the best.:aok:

I'm_cabbaged
26-01-2012, 07:32 PM

I bet he's walking about with a smile on his face!!! :greengrin

R'Albin
26-01-2012, 07:39 PM
What an inspiring story. Congratulations Houchy!
Sounds like you thoroughly deserve this honour. Hope it's a day you and your family will never forget.
A' the best.:aok:

Well done Houchy:thumbsup:

Houchy
26-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks again guys, If I can inspire just one person to fight that little bit harder, or make someone less scared about facing cancer or chemotherapy, it's job done for me. Hopefully my book (The Drugs Do Work) that i'm currently writing will do just that.:agree:

cocopops1875
26-01-2012, 08:16 PM
You need to get in touch about the book lad ;-)

Jonnyboy
26-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Well done Lawrence. You're inspirational my friend :aok:

Houchy
26-01-2012, 09:06 PM
You need to get in touch about the book lad ;-)

I'm up to chapter 3 and going along pretty well but I wonder if Ted has time to cast his eyes over it and get a professional opinion as to whether its a page turner or not.

Sylar
26-01-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm up to chapter 3 and going along pretty well but I wonder if Ted has time to cast his eyes over it and get a professional opinion as to whether its a page turner or not.

If you'd like any edits carried out, let me know - I've been an editor on a large scientific journal now for a few months and I quite enjoy it.

Houchy
27-01-2012, 08:26 AM
If you'd like any edits carried out, let me know - I've been an editor on a large scientific journal now for a few months and I quite enjoy it.

Thanks S. I appreciate your offer buddy. Ill keep you posted.:aok:

HibeeMassive
27-01-2012, 08:34 AM
It's funny how on online forums such as these, we tend to forget about the people behind the usernames.
Reading Houchy's story, it's truly jaw dropping to think what he's been through - big respect to you sir!

Makes all the rest of the 'worries' we have as Hibby's just now pale into insignificance..

Good luck with the book and well done on your Olympic torch award too! :not worth

Greentinted
27-01-2012, 08:43 AM
We bandy about throwing undeserved accolades at underperforming, overpaid big boys.
Good to see plaudits and rewards dispensed in the right direction for once. Good stuff, well done...:aok:

Lucius Apuleius
27-01-2012, 08:59 AM
As an aside Houchy, let us know which part you are running mate and we will be out in force to cheer you!!!

Houchy
27-01-2012, 09:26 AM
I'll keep you all posted. All I know just now is that its a leg between St Andrews and Edinburgh on June 13th.

Nevi1875
27-01-2012, 01:51 PM

100% hibs class well done mate. Hope all goes well

Carheenlea
27-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Terrific news and a well deserved honour.

As others have said, an inspiration to all of us.

Beefster
27-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Well done, Houchy. Much deserved.

Eyrie
27-01-2012, 08:48 PM
I'll keep you all posted. All I know just now is that its a leg between St Andrews and Edinburgh on June 13th.

Quite some distance!

Congrats on being chosen.