PDA

View Full Version : Engagement Party Venue

fordie2
23-01-2012, 12:13 AM
I recently got engaged and need to get an engagement party sorted. I've looked at a few venues on the web but I can't really find anywhere suitable. The venue would need to hold between 100-150 and needs to have wheelchair access, does anybody have any recommendations?

Cheers

MSK
23-01-2012, 02:52 AM
I recently got engaged and need to get an engagement party sorted. I've looked at a few venues on the web but I can't really find anywhere suitable. The venue would need to hold between 100-150 and needs to have wheelchair access, does anybody have any recommendations?

CheersI take it you have tried the Danderhall Miners ..?

Are you looking for somewhere local with decent drink prices..? if so, Jewel Miners Welfare & Social Club main function hall can cater for your numbers comfortably & has access ramp for wheelchair.

Their number is 0131 669 5955 (phone between 0930-1030am weekdays & ask for commitee member)...if you need a club members name or someone to fill in the permissions form gie me a shout, Im more than willing to meet you should you decide.

Oh ..& congrats on your engagement ..:aok:

fordie2
23-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I take it you have tried the Danderhall Miners ..?

Are you looking for somewhere local with decent drink prices..? if so, Jewel Miners Welfare & Social Club main function hall can cater for your numbers comfortably & has access ramp for wheelchair.

Their number is 0131 669 5955 (phone between 0930-1030am weekdays & ask for commitee member)...if you need a club members name or someone to fill in the permissions form gie me a shout, Im more than willing to meet you should you decide.

Oh ..& congrats on your engagement ..:aok:

I haven't tried Danderhall miners because I don't stay there anymore, I stay out at Corstorphine now. I should really update my location on my profile, I have stayed over here for about 4 years now:embarrass

Your offer of Jewel miners club is very kind and I will keep it in mind.

Cheers

Scouse Hibee
23-01-2012, 08:55 PM

Cheers

Prison Officers Club
Bainfield Bowling Club
Forresters Rugby Club

MSK
24-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I haven't tried Danderhall miners because I don't stay there anymore, I stay out at Corstorphine now. I should really update my location on my profile, I have stayed over here for about 4 years now:embarrass

Your offer of Jewel miners club is very kind and I will keep it in mind.

CheersNae worries mate, im sure you will get something ..Scouse has given decent venue's too ...the rugby club is a good bet ...:aok:

Holmesdale Hibs
24-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Congratulations. Mate of mine just got engaged and spent a while looking for venues. He ended up choosing Silverknowes golf club. It's not happened yet so can't tell you if it's any good.

easty
24-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm getting married in the Dominican Rep in November, been looking for places to have reception when we get back. Had considered Forries rugby club and Baberton golf club, but that Bainfield bowling club looks alright. I wouldn't have even thought of that. I'll be looking into it.