PDA

View Full Version : Gigs in 2012

Calvin
18-01-2012, 02:38 AM
What does everyone have coming up this year gigwise? I can't think of another year where I've had so little to look forward to, but it is early doors I suppose.

This weekend there are a few good ones though. Frightened Rabbit at Tunnels on Friday, The Xcerts at Drummonds on Saturday and The Maccabees at the Lemon Tree on Sunday.

After that there isn't too much to be hopeful about though. I only have tickets for Frightened Rabbit at the Picture House next month and Discopolis at the Lemon Tree; then Enter Shikari at the Corn Exchange in March with Twin Atlantic in Dunfermline in April. And that's it.

I'm hoping that Maximo Park and Franz Ferdinand might tour in support of new albums this year, especially as it feels like years since I've seen either of them.

Edit: Adam Stafford just announced an Aberdeen date today so I'll be seeing him too. Bwani Junction are playing Tunnels as well in March.

Marty-Hibee
18-01-2012, 08:43 AM
The Cribs in March. Thats the only gig I care about

Also kind of hope Jay-Z and Kanye tour Britain, but I won't hold my breath

H18sry
18-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Noel Gallagher at the SECC and the Castle so far this year along with the Stone Roses in Manchester, and Kevin Bridges in November :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
18-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Snow Patrol at SECC in a couple of weeks

T in the Park

Camden Crawl in May. Not done that before so should be interesting

easty
18-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Noel Gallagher @ SECC in February, The Cribs @ Liquid Rooms in March and Stone Roses in Manchester in June

Calvin
18-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Snow Patrol at SECC in a couple of weeks
Make sure you get along early for Admiral Fallow who are supporting. Fantastic band.

The Cribs sold out a lot quicker than I anticipated :fuming:

.Sean.
18-01-2012, 09:57 AM
The Cribs, The Subways, Stone Roses and I'll end up getting a ticket off eBay for NG at the Castle. Last gig for me was the Pigeon Detectives in November.

PeeJay
18-01-2012, 10:59 AM
The Boss has got a new album out soon and he's touring - I'll be at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin to see him ...

MountcastleHibs
18-01-2012, 12:09 PM
You me at six at the SECC, Blink 182 at the Metro Arena in Newcastle, and Stone Roses at Heaton Park.

Hoping to work at the Noel Gallagher gig at the castle, and want to get to see the Cribs too.

Future17
18-01-2012, 12:59 PM
The Cribs in March. Thats the only gig I care about

Also kind of hope Jay-Z and Kanye tour Britain, but I won't hold my breath

I think he'll be hear again in 2013.

YehButNoBut
22-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Rammstein - Birmingham 25th Feb
Metallica - Paris 12th May
Bruce Springsteen - Lisbon 3rd June

GlesgaeHibby
23-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Dream Theater-SECC Feb 8th
Steve Hackett- Queens Hall Feb 17th
Tommy Emmanuel- Perth Concert Hall March 8th

Hermit Crab
23-01-2012, 08:21 PM
The Cribs, The Subways, Stone Roses and I'll end up getting a ticket off eBay for NG at the Castle. Last gig for me was the Pigeon Detectives in November.

At the Liquid Rooms? I was at that too seen them about 4 times and they were excellent every time. Next big gig for me is the Stone Roses on the OPENING NIGHT in Manchester. Bring it on. :greengrin

.Sean.
24-01-2012, 04:16 PM
[/B]At the Liquid Rooms? I was at that too seen them about 4 times and they were excellent every time. Next big gig for me is the Stone Roses on the OPENING NIGHT in Manchester. Bring it on. :greengrin

Aye mate :agree:

Frazerbob
26-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Not much yet for this year, just Big Country's home gig in Dunfermline in a couple of weeks. Holding back for Depeche Mode's expected World Tour next year.

PeeJay
26-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Not much yet for this year, just Big Country's home gig in Dunfermline in a couple of weeks. Holding back for Depeche Mode's expected World Tour next year.

Without Stuart A.? - Who's in the group now then ??

cocopops1875
26-01-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm sure its the alarms singer now

PeeJay
26-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm sure its the alarms singer now

Cheers - Mike Peters - The Alarm (sure I bought that 1st LP) -
Just checked the website ... see theyr'e in Berlin in March

Speedy
26-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I went to see Justin Currie last night.

I bought tickets for Ed Sheeran in November tonight as well

Steve-O
27-01-2012, 09:13 AM

Is one of their 'world' tours ever going to include Australia / New Zealand again? I looked into it and they haven't been down this way in about 20 years!

Sylar
27-01-2012, 09:24 AM
With a wedding, PhD submission, NFL at Wembley, Honeymoon and moving into a new house, there's very little time/scope for gigs this year.

Having said that, I'm attracted by the Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro and Mumford and Sons as the three headline acts at Rockness this year!

SON OF PADDY
27-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Elvis Costello Clyde Audititorium May 11th " The guy's a Class Act " :not worth

Frazerbob
27-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Is one of their 'world' tours ever going to include Australia / New Zealand again? I looked into it and they haven't been down this way in about 20 years!

They hadn't been to Scotland for 20 odd years until the last tour. Rumours are for a shorter tour thus time, maybe 40 dates, including Oz so fingers crossed for you.

Steve-O
27-01-2012, 11:42 AM
They hadn't been to Scotland for 20 odd years until the last tour. Rumours are for a shorter tour thus time, maybe 40 dates, including Oz so fingers crossed for you.

At least they'd been to England though! :greengrin

Yeah, one of the few older bands left that I've never managed to see.

hermiehibee
29-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Inspiral Carpets in Glasgow in March and Orbital in Glasgow in April.

Betty Boop
29-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Elvis Costello Clyde Audititorium May 11th " The guy's a Class Act " :not worth

:agree: He sure is !

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Make sure you get along early for Admiral Fallow who are supporting. Fantastic band.

The Cribs sold out a lot quicker than I anticipated :fuming:

Did admiral fallow play? I arrived as everything everything started and they were dross.

Snow patrol on the other hand were brilliant. Seen them twice before at T in the park and this was by far the best.

Death in Vegas are the first act announced for Camden crawl in may. Don't know anything about them so will need to have a listen.

Not music, but got Kevin bridges tickets for Dunfermline last week

Hibby_Paul
29-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Got a few gigs coming up.

Saw the horrors at liquid rooms a few weeks ago.

Got Noel Gallagher at secc, Rodrigo y gabriela, the cribs, the Maccabees, florence and machine and Inspiral Carpets coming up in next few months.

Oh and also the Roses on first night at Heaton too! I heard happy Mondays have reformed too (original line up) and rumours of possible roses support!

Calvin
30-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Did admiral fallow play? I arrived as everything everything started and they were dross.
Yeah, they were on just after 7 on the Saturday night.

pacorosssco
31-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Going to go to Benecasim. The Stone Roses, New Order, Noel Gallagher, Miles Kane and rumored Happy Mondays with a beach in the festival site thrown in.

Hopefully Glasgow for Happy Mondays Inspirals New Order weekend 4/5 May

Orbital here in Holland in April .

Maybe T in the Park or Roses at Heaton. Cant decide

Calvin
31-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Going to go to Benecasim. The Stone Roses, New Order, Noel Gallagher, Miles Kane and rumored Happy Mondays with a beach in the festival site thrown in.

Went to Benicassim last year, think we picked the worst year to go line-up-wise! Very tempted to find the cash to go back.

Sick Boy
01-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Got a good run this week 'Down Under'. Plenty festival side shows to take in at this time of year, all with excellent support acts. :thumbsup:Kasabian + The Vaccines on Saturday, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds + Immigrant Union last night, Laura Marling + Husky tomorrow and The Horrors + Allbrook/Avery on Friday.:aok:

pacorosssco
02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Went to Benicassim last year, think we picked the worst year to go line-up-wise! Very tempted to find the cash to go back.

Got any further info mate?. Looking to go for a week and rent a villa near site. Whats around it? Day trip to Valencia. Had a look and good size villas think about ten of us going. Cheers

Calvin
02-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Got any further info mate?. Looking to go for a week and rent a villa near site. Whats around it? Day trip to Valencia. Had a look and good size villas think about ten of us going. Cheers
We stayed in a very nice hotel in Marina D'Or, a town a few miles north of Benicassim itself. It was a Spanish holiday village almost and we had to get a taxi to the festival site but a tent just didn't bear thinking about in that heat. Not too sure about villas I'm afraid - 4 of us went and got a twin room each.

We flew into Barcelona and hired a car for the week, just drove down. Our flight got in on Wednesday evening so the first 4 full days were the festival. Then the Monday and Tuesday we had in the locality (pretty good water park) and spent to day sightseeing in Barca on the Wednesday before flying home.

The festival itself was immense, only downside really was €7.50 for a beer.

pacorosssco
03-02-2012, 11:21 AM
We stayed in a very nice hotel in Marina D'Or, a town a few miles north of Benicassim itself. It was a Spanish holiday village almost and we had to get a taxi to the festival site but a tent just didn't bear thinking about in that heat. Not too sure about villas I'm afraid - 4 of us went and got a twin room each.

We flew into Barcelona and hired a car for the week, just drove down. Our flight got in on Wednesday evening so the first 4 full days were the festival. Then the Monday and Tuesday we had in the locality (pretty good water park) and spent to day sightseeing in Barca on the Wednesday before flying home.

The festival itself was immense, only downside really was €7.50 for a beer.

I was told you can take your own gear into festival?

Cheers for the info though . Much appreciated

Tickets booked the day for Mondays and New Order in Glasgow.

YehButNoBut
03-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I was told you can take your own gear into festival?

Cheers for the info though . Much appreciated

Tickets booked the day for Mondays and New Order in Glasgow.

:smokin

Tyler Durden
06-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Went to see Little Barrie in Shoreditch a few weeks ago. Was pretty decent, venue was great.

Was in Paris over the weekend to see Arctic Monkeys & Miles Kane - amazing as ever. Miles' new stuff sounds brilliant aswell.

Going to the NME Awards show on Feb 29th, think Kasabian, Vaccines and The Horrors are confirmed to play but with Noel Gallagher getting Godlike genius he's bound to play a few tunes aswell I hope.

Otherwise, nothing else in the calendar. Hopefully the 10:04s in London in March if they are playing any dates. Jealous of the Bennicassim visitors - been meaning to go for years but never managed.

Andy74
07-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Stone Roses in Manchester and then Noel Gallagher at Edinburgh Castle.

Hopefully get to see the Vaccines again during the year as well.

Calvin
07-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Went to see Little Barrie in Shoreditch a few weeks ago. Was pretty decent, venue was great.

Was in Paris over the weekend to see Arctic Monkeys & Miles Kane - amazing as ever. Miles' new stuff sounds brilliant aswell.

Going to the NME Awards show on Feb 29th, think Kasabian, Vaccines and The Horrors are confirmed to play but with Noel Gallagher getting Godlike genius he's bound to play a few tunes aswell I hope.

Otherwise, nothing else in the calendar. Hopefully the 10:04s in London in March if they are playing any dates. Jealous of the Bennicassim visitors - been meaning to go for years but never managed.

Pulp are playing the NME Awards show too now as they're getting the Outstanding Contribution to music award. I'm insanely jealous you'll see that.

Admiral Fallow announced a full tour today so I'll definitely be going to that, hopefully catch a few dates. Good Hibees to boot!

I've got tickets for the five shows in the Highlands that Frightened Rabbit are playing in April. First time I've stalked a band to that extent.

AldoHFC
14-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm seeing Miles Kane at the Barras in April and hopefully Happy Mondays at the Glasgow Academy in May.
Hoping that The View tour again as when i seen them a couple of months ago they were absolutely fantastic. Although I would love to go and see NG at the castle and there is still a couple of tickets last time I checked on ticketmaster I'm skint at the moment so can't afford it.

pacorosssco
16-02-2012, 12:25 AM
:smokin

think that was a bad choice of words but you always have to take your own gear in, No?

Mon1875
17-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Skrillex at Corn Exchange in April. I read in the thread someone going to see The Subways. Must try and see them. They were amazing the last few times I saw tehm :greengrin

Calvin
20-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Pulp have just been announced as playing a gig for the Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall on March 31st so I guess I'll have to go down for that. Conveniently Fulham are at home that day which is good news.

Judas Iscariot
23-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Who's all attending the secc later today then :thumbsup:

easty
24-02-2012, 08:20 AM

Aye :aok:

MountcastleHibs
24-02-2012, 09:07 AM

Very jealous of anyone going tonight. He's added one of my favourite Oasis songs, and a song I've always wanted to see live, ('Whatever') to the setlist!

Judas Iscariot
24-02-2012, 10:16 PM
That was ****ing AMAZING :not worth

So, so, so good!!

Epic singalong, Little by little - what a response :top marks

Cannae wait till July for his gig at the Castle :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
24-02-2012, 11:39 PM

So, so, so good!!

Sounds good. Will be sure to catch him at T in the park

easty
25-02-2012, 07:16 AM

So, so, so good!!

It was amazing! I said when we were leaving that it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. The encore was so good!

easty
25-02-2012, 07:19 AM
There was quite a ridiculous amount of wee girls camped outside the SECC last night.....for One Direction tickets!

YehButNoBut
26-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Rammstein - Birmingham 25th Feb
Metallica - Paris 12th May
Bruce Springsteen - Lisbon 3rd June

Rammstein were just awesome last night, one of the best gigs ever.

So good that I have just bought tickets to see them again in Newcastle on Wednesday night, still tickets left if anyone can get there just an amazing show.

This guy has some good vids from last night. :rockin:

http://www.youtube.com/user/secretclown

Betty Boop
26-02-2012, 04:36 PM
My laddie is taking me to see Above and Beyond at the Barrowlands, on the 20th April. Looking forward to this very much ! :greengrin

Calvin
29-02-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm going to go to Brew at the Bog on 5th May. It's a new bands festival where the only beer available is BrewDog (probably my two favourite things!) - http://www.facebook.com/brewbog

YehButNoBut
01-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Rammstein were just awesome last night, one of the best gigs ever.

So good that I have just bought tickets to see them again in Newcastle on Wednesday night, still tickets left if anyone can get there just an amazing show.

This guy has some good vids from last night. :rockin:

http://www.youtube.com/user/secretclown

Rammstein were incredible again last night, audience a bit tame in the seated part (mostly just sat down throughout the whole gig WTF).

Took this video from a small stage in the middle of the arena where they play 3 songs (warning the beginning is a bit naughty) :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z8_KnXgKuA

easty
01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Cribs tonight at Liquid Rooms, looking forward to it!

Set list from 28/02/12 in London.

1.Chi-Town
2.Cheat On Me
3.I'm A Realist
4.Come On Be A No One
5.Anna
6.Women's Needs
7.We Were Aborted
8.Back To The Bolt-Hole
9.Hey Scenesters!
10.Another Number
11.Jaded Youth
12.Be Safe
13.Glitters Like Gold
14.Men's Needs
15.Our Bovine Public
16.City Of Bugs

Calvin
01-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Cribs tonight at Liquid Rooms, looking forward to it!

Set list from 28/02/12 in London.

1.Chi-Town
2.Cheat On Me
3.I'm A Realist
4.Come On Be A No One
5.Anna
6.Women's Needs
7.We Were Aborted
8.Back To The Bolt-Hole
9.Hey Scenesters!
10.Another Number
11.Jaded Youth
12.Be Safe
13.Glitters Like Gold
14.Men's Needs
15.Our Bovine Public
16.City Of Bugs

Very jealous. Missing my favourite track in Mirror Kissers though.

I heard a session on Huw Edwards' show last week by This Many Boyfriends that I thought was fantastic. They're supporting tonight so get down early.

Personally I'm going to see Adam Stafford at Tunnels tonight. An unbelievably talented guy whose album just went right under the radar.

Calvin
04-03-2012, 08:42 PM
How was The Cribs' gig?

easty
05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
How was The Cribs' gig?

It was really good. I love the Liquid Rooms as a venue, so compact. I'm sure you can imagine how mental it went for the likes of I'm A Realist and Hey Scenesters!

Bunter
05-03-2012, 08:45 PM
The Selecter this Friday. :thumbsup:
Stiff Little Fingers 17 March
Brian James & Rat Scabies 8 April
Bad Manners 22 June
Sex Pistols Experience 23 June
Buzzcocks 14 September

Calvin
07-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Looks like I can add The Proclaimers in November to the list.

Togs91
07-03-2012, 02:35 PM
The Acacia Strain this coming sunday, unfortunately its the mrs 21st, don't think shed be too happy with me ditching her for it :L :na na:

Steve-O
11-03-2012, 06:40 AM
Peter Hook and The Light performing 'Unknown Pleasures' - April 18 in Wellington.

seanraff07
14-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Gigs I'm going to this year:

Miles Kane - Barrowlands in April
Happy Mondays - O2 Academy in May
The Enemy - Barrowlands in May
The Charlatans - Barrowlands in June
TITP - July
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Edinburgh Castle in July

Also already seen Noel's HFB last month at SECC, looking like a quality year of music :greengrin

Hermit Crab
15-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Tickets for the stone roses have arrived. Cheesin :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

HibernianBohs
04-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Going to see the Stone Roses in The Phoenix Park on the 5th of July, I cannot wait. Their support has not been yet announced but I would presume it includes Beady Eye as they are supporting them in some other places, hopefully :drunk::drunk:

Calvin
04-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Wednesday - Galleries and Capitals at Bar Bloc. Both bands were phenomenal. 9/10.
Thursday - Ian Siegal at the Borderline. A decent musician but really not my kind of music. Boring. 3/10.
Saturday - Pulp at the Royal Albert Hall. The best I've seen them and they even played My Lighthouse. 10/10.
Tuesday - Glasvegas at the Garage. Really strong set and enjoyed their new stuff. 7/10.
Tonight - The Futureheads at Union Chapel. Their acapella set was so strong I might go and see them at Oran Mor later in the week. 9/10.

Next up is Twin Atlantic in Dunfermline on the 15th before 5 Frightened Rabbit dates the following week.

Sylar
16-05-2012, 07:56 AM
With a wedding, PhD submission, NFL at Wembley, Honeymoon and moving into a new house, there's very little time/scope for gigs this year.

So...

Already had:

Alkaline Trio, Dave Hause and The Dear and Departed on 6th May.

Still to come:

Newton Faulkner - Fat Sams Live, Dundee - next Wednesday

Dara O'Briain - Playhouse - Friday 26th May

Slam Dunk Festival (Lower Than Atlantis, Say Anything, Motion City Soundtrack, Funeral for a Friend, The Blackout and Taking Back Sunday) - Leeds University - 27th May

Wicked, The Musical - London - October 21st

Lostprophets - HMV Picture House - Monday 5th November

Chance of PhD submitted on time? Nada :greengrin

Hermit Crab
30-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Just home from the stone roses gig in Manchester. Too tired to post a full review, but in short the musicians still have it but Ian brown doesn't (did he ever have it?) sound was awful the place was/is a mud bath and it's to pish with rain for tonight's gig. A Bar in the place sold out of booze before 9pm nearly causing a riot. No queuing system it was just a free for all for outlets. Poor organisation by the organisers. My only piece of advice if any of you are going tonight or Sunday is wear a pair of wellies or at very least a pair of boots as trainers plimsoles etc WILL get wrecked in the park.

easty
30-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Just home from the stone roses gig in Manchester. Too tired to post a full review, but in short the musicians still have it but Ian brown doesn't (did he ever have it?) sound was awful the place was/is a mud bath and it's to pish with rain for tonight's gig. A Bar in the place sold out of booze before 9pm nearly causing a riot. No queuing system it was just a free for all for outlets. Poor organisation by the organisers. My only piece of advice if any of you are going tonight or Sunday is wear a pair of wellies or at very least a pair of boots as trainers plimsoles etc WILL get wrecked in the park.

Cannae disagree with any of that. But I still had a brilliant time!

Hermit Crab
30-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Cannae disagree with any of that. But I still had a brilliant time!

Aye it was a brilliant day from start to finish. One of the biggest gig in 20 years and we were there.

MountcastleHibs
01-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Just back to the hotel after an amazing gig. Definitely feel I was part of something special there!

Thought Ian Brown sounded as good as he has for years, and the band instrumently were on another level at times. Place wasn't as muddy as expected, but if you going tomorrow it was much more muddier leaving park. Definitely purchase wellies before you go!

Overall mightly impressed and delighted I was there!

Hermit Crab
01-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Just back to the hotel after an amazing gig. Definitely feel I was part of something special there!

Thought Ian Brown sounded as good as he has for years, and the band instrumently were on another level at times. Place wasn't as muddy as expected, but if you going tomorrow it was much more muddier leaving park. Definitely purchase wellies before you go!

Overall mightly impressed and delighted I was there!

Oh have to disagree there mate Brown is murder live and was pash on Friday but the band were ace.

MountcastleHibs
02-07-2012, 01:26 AM
Oh have to disagree there mate Brown is murder live and was pash on Friday but the band were ace.

Can assure you he upped his game last night. Seen him live a few times and that's the best I've heard him!

Hermit Crab
02-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Can assure you he upped his game last night. Seen him live a few times and that's the best I've heard him!

Well fair enough mate our opinions are different, I'm going to TITP this Saturday so will see what he sounds like then, although I may have had a few refreshments by the time they come on :)

Hibby_Paul
02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Thought the Roses were immense on Friday night, browns singing wasn't great but better than when I saw him solo. Who really cares though when you have Mani, reni and squire in great form. Reni especially on drums was a joy to finally see. If the roses had a singer who could 'sing' it prob wouldn't be the same, browns presence and attitude on stage complete the band. Would love to see them again soon, hopefully indoors next !

CropleyWasGod
02-07-2012, 04:36 PM
I loved the occasion, if not the gig itself.

I think I was one of the lucky ones. Everyone round about me was belting it out, so I couldn't hear the "singer". My boy, who was down the front, told me that Brown was awful, and that he reckoned the sound guy was doing his best to disguise that. By the time the DVD comes out, I bet everything will be overdubbed and Autotuned.

Interesting debate, though. Does a rock singer have to be able to sing, or is it more about the overall sound? I reckon the Blockheads were the funkiest and tightest band of their time, yet Ian Dury couldn't sing. Overall, though, it was the clash of the two styles that made them so good. Mani and Reni are an awesome rhythm section, and Squire is a guitar god... does the awfulness of Brown's singing make them or spoil them?

easty
02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
I loved the occasion, if not the gig itself.

I think I was one of the lucky ones. Everyone round about me was belting it out, so I couldn't hear the "singer". My boy, who was down the front, told me that Brown was awful, and that he reckoned the sound guy was doing his best to disguise that. By the time the DVD comes out, I bet everything will be overdubbed and Autotuned.

Interesting debate, though. Does a rock singer have to be able to sing, or is it more about the overall sound? I reckon the Blockheads were the funkiest and tightest band of their time, yet Ian Dury couldn't sing. Overall, though, it was the clash of the two styles that made them so good. Mani and Reni are an awesome rhythm section, and Squire is a guitar god... does the awfulness of Brown's singing make them or spoil them?

I said at my work that it was amazing but that Browns singing was pretty poor as per usual. They asked why did I bother going then? I said if I wanted to go see a good singer then I'd go see Leona Lewis, but it'd be ****. The Stone Roses gig was exactly how I thought it would be...the only thing that could have made it better was a better organised site, cos the bar situation was a joke.

Hermit Crab
02-07-2012, 05:51 PM
I said at my work that it was amazing but that Browns singing was pretty poor as per usual. They asked why did I bother going then? I said if I wanted to go see a good singer then I'd go see Leona Lewis, but it'd be ****. The Stone Roses gig was exactly how I thought it would be...the only thing that could have made it better was a better organised site, cos the bar situation was a joke.

Too much food vans not enough bars, if you were there on the Friday night then you would have seen the chaos that ensued after the back bar sold out a half 8!! Folk fighting in the queue for bar on the left hand side of the field, fences bust so there was no crowd control, stewards were nowhere too.

BarneyBreslin
02-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Was there yesterday and had an amazing time. Got a wristband for the front pit no problem, never waited more than 15 mins for beer. Musically squire and reni were outstanding, Brown had a couple of wobbly bits as per but in no way was it enough to ruin the occasion. Had heard rumours about a dodgy sound system at Fridays gig but I had no complaints. Never seen any bother either, fair few casualties due to over indulgence but I see that at most gigs/festivals.

Hermit Crab
08-07-2012, 12:26 PM
TITP mud bath yesterday to see the roses and Gallagher's birds. Next up the 80s rewind festival at scone in 2 weeks. Adam ant and lighting seeds are highlights for me.

KingFranck
08-07-2012, 07:49 PM
TITP mud bath yesterday to see the roses and Gallagher's birds. Next up the 80s rewind festival at scone in 2 weeks. Adam ant and lighting seeds are highlights for me.

Thought it was well worth the mud and rain at titp yesterday Stone Roses were brilliant just glad i wasnt camping !

Hermit Crab
08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Thought it was well worth the mud and rain at titp yesterday Stone Roses were brilliant just glad i wasnt camping !

The roses were far better last night than they were last Friday in Manchester but their set last night was 6 or so songs shorter than Manchester.

StevesFamau5
08-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Creamfields 2012, Party in the park and elements 2nd birthday... Trance for life :-D get the feeling il be minority on this one

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

easty
09-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Just back from TITP, for the second time in 3 years I've passed out in a portaloo for about 6 hours. Missed Noel a d the Roses. Amazing weekend though. I am filthy and stinking. Next stop, the shower.

Frazerbob
09-07-2012, 01:17 PM
I was at TITP on Saturday and enjoyed it despite the quagmire.

Emeli Sandé - This young lady is going to be HUGE! Not especially my cup of tea but what a voice.....and her band was extremely tight. Listening in the driving rain sounded like I was listening to a CD in the car. A nice doffing of the cap to Bob Marley at the end of her set.

Simple Minds - On stage when the rain was at it's heaviest made it tough to get the crowd going but the set list didn't help either. Too many of the very old tracks from the current "5x5" tour and not enough classics meaning many of the non SM fans in the crowd lost interest. Sound poor for first few songs with Jim particularly low in the mix......not helped by him breaking the mic during the 2nd sond although it was quite funny. A better set list and this could have been one of those classic perfomances....oportunity lost!

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Stole the show.....end off! I'm not a big fan of either Gallagher but Noel and his band showed the Roses how a band of great mussicians do it. His recent stuff was unfamiliar but thoroughly enjoyed it and the Oasis numbers, as you'd expect, had the crowd eating out his hands. Sone good banter with the crowd as well. 10/10

The Stone Roses - Having seen them 22 years ago on Glasgow Green, I have to say they were very disapointing. No on stage chemistry, a long stretch of low key tracks in the middle and how can they not include "What the World is Waiting For"? Even Mani wasn't his usual ball of fun and was clearly just going through the motions. It was obvious to me that this ressurection is all about the money. I wouldn't expect to see a new album and would expect the come back to be short lived.

The Car Par - 2 hours to get out, total shambles!

CallumLaidlaw
09-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Just back and showered. Top weekend. Caught 21 bands over the weekend. Kasabian, Noel Gallagher, example, being my favourites

hibeesdude
09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Just saw this thread . Doh
Slf - Dundee/Glasgow/London - march
Killing joke - Glasgow
Stranglers Dunfermline
Slf - Dunfermline august
Slf - Belfast/Dublin/Edinburgh/?london - November

Dunbar Hibee
10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Can't actually remember much of the Roses but from what I can remember I was loving it. Noel was brilliant too. Enjoyed the Vaccines. And as always, the Cribs were ****in brilliant. :agree:

Calvin
10-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I wasn't intending to go to T at all but crumbled when the texts and phone calls started coming in on the Thursday night so I got a Sunday ticket. Don't remember that much of it (one of my mates was on the bar) but I went to see Twin Atlantic, Bombay Bicycle Club and Admiral Fallow. Twin were dwarfed by the stage I thought, I really enjoyed Bombay Bicycle Club but Admiral Fallow are in a league of their own. Every time I see them I enjoy it more. Vastly underrated.

I went to see Little Roy too but he didn't play any Nirvana stuff.

Coming up now is a couple of King Tut's Summer Nights gigs. This Thursday is Brazil Exists and The Little Kicks, and next Thursday Galleries are playing. Then it's Morrissey on the 30th, Frightened Rabbit and Discopolis playing a BBC at the fringe show for Vic Galloway on the 6th August then Enter Shikari towards the end of the month. Can't wait to see them at the Liquid Room, just don't know how it'll work!

easty
10-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Can't actually remember much of the Roses but from what I can remember I was loving it. Noel was brilliant too. Enjoyed the Vaccines. And as always, the Cribs were ****in brilliant. :agree:

I've seen the cribs loads of times and that was the worst I've seen them. Still loved seeing them but they werent on form.

Really enjoyed Miles Kane, and thought The Enemy were excellent.

Gala Foxes
10-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Selecter at the Citrus Club and Dexy's at Cotters Theatre in Glasgow were both superb

degenerated
10-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Social distortion at the garage in Glasgow next month. Can't wait, been waiting a long long time to see them.

Hiber-nation
10-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Grandaddy at O2 ABC 30 August. Can't wait for that one.

Squeeze O2 Academy 9 December, should be top notch as per usual.

Dunbar Hibee
10-07-2012, 11:10 PM
I've seen the cribs loads of times and that was the worst I've seen them. Still loved seeing them but they werent on form.

Really enjoyed Miles Kane, and thought The Enemy were excellent.

Opinions, thats the fourth time iv seen the Cribs and I thought that was the best i'd seen them. Mind you I was down the front going crazy and getting chucked about like a rag doll. :greengrin

18Craig75
11-07-2012, 11:06 AM
I've got 2 tickets for the View tomorrow night at the Glasgow o2, face value if anyone is interested?

YehButNoBut
12-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Got tickets for Morrissey at the Usher Hall 30th July. :thumbsup:

HibeeSince82
13-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Rob zombie in Glasgow on the 28th Nov. Motorhead/Anthrax in Dec I think

Wheat Hound
14-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Noel G at the castle this Tuesday......ya dancer!

Hermit Crab
15-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Noel G at the castle this Tuesday......ya dancer!

Seen him at TITP - excellent. Also got squeeze in December but it's 80s rewind next weekend. :)

YehButNoBut
15-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Saw Springsteen in Lisbon in June, he did not come on until after midnight and was still playing at 2:30am.

Last night in London at Hyde Park they pulled the plug on him when he had Paul McCartney on stage with him doing "Twist & Shout" as he was over the curfew time, it was only 10:40pm, this country is crazy. He could not even thank the crowd as the power had been cut off.............madness.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steven-van-zandt-bruce-springsteen-london-concert-curfew-twitter-30092

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/9401129/Hard-Rock-Calling-2012-England-a-police-state-says-Bruce-Springsteen-guitarist.html

https://www.facebook.com/HardRockCalling/posts/10151063219708322

Hibby_G
15-07-2012, 03:24 PM
hi

TheMentalHibees
15-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Rob zombie in Glasgow on the 28th Nov. Motorhead/Anthrax in Dec I think

Assuming thats the gig with Marilyn Manson, have the tickets already been on sale? Can't seem to find any available anywhere so just assumed they hadn't been up yet.

TheMentalHibees
15-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Already seen Noel Gallagher and Joe Bonamassa this year, got The Charlatans, The View, Muse, and Steel Panther all coming up before christmas. Can't wait for them, cannae beat a good gig.

Hermit Crab
17-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Squeeze in December to look forward to now as well.

Wheat Hound
17-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Just back from Noel G at Edinburgh Castle.......what a great gig!! The man is a bona fide legend and had the crowd eating out of his hand. Nice scattering of some Oasis classics (and a couple of lesser known ones).

Littlest Hobo
17-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Just back from Noel G's gig. Fantastic!!

.Sean.
18-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Daddy has got tickets for us 2 to see The Buzzcocks. September 14th, Liquid Rooms.

Andy74
18-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Just back from Noel G at Edinburgh Castle.......what a great gig!! The man is a bona fide legend and had the crowd eating out of his hand. Nice scattering of some Oasis classics (and a couple of lesser known ones).

I was bored stiff. Up in the stand, no atmosphere. I thought he should have kept one or two of his own well know ones for later. The encore was a dull number followed by Oasis songs.

I like the Oasis stuff of course but it's a bit heavy on that for this being a different band.

I didn't think the gig held an outside seated arena too well overall.

Hibbyradge
18-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Just back from Noel G's gig. Fantastic!!

If I'd been to a Noel G gig, I'd think it was fantastic to be back home too. :wink:

Judas Iscariot
18-07-2012, 10:25 AM

Was superb..

Guy is a legend :aok:

Matty_Jack04
18-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Anyone got any or know of someone with 2 spares for morrissey at usher hall? I'm in USA untill the 28th but would come and collect.

Tyler Durden
18-07-2012, 08:20 PM
I potentially have up to 4 tickets for sale for Morrissey. Just need to work out whether certain mates can make it or not. I should know by Sunday, will PM you once sure, cheers.

Hermit Crab
19-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Was superb..

Guy is a legend :aok:

Seen him at TITP bloody good show i must say. He always has been a great singer/songwriter guitarist. :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
19-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Seen him at TITP bloody good show i must say. He always has been a great singer/songwriter guitarist. :thumbsup:

Epic singalong :greengrin

Was at the SECC in Feb to see him, castle was just as good as that and I never thought it'd be matched :top marks

hibeesdude
23-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Sex pistols experience ably supported by the cundeez @pj Molloys Dunfermline 21/07
Well worth the £5 door price

Hermit Crab
23-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Just back from 80s rewind festival today. Bloody brilliant. Recommended.

Tyler Durden
25-07-2012, 07:58 PM
I have up to 4 tickets for Morrissey at Usher Hall this Monday for sale. Face value for anyone interested.

Matty_Jack04
26-07-2012, 11:49 AM
I have up to 4 tickets for Morrissey at Usher Hall this Monday for sale. Face value for anyone interested.

Pm mate

Frazerbob
26-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Just back from 80s rewind festival today. Bloody brilliant. Recommended.

How were Big Country?

Rewind is getting rave reviews, both in the press and from friends who were there. From the photos I've seen it looks like EVERYONE was in fancy dress.

Think I might go next year.

Matty_Jack04
31-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Morrissey gig last night was unreal had a great time big thanks to Tyler durden for the tickets

hibsbollah
31-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Morrissey gig last night was unreal had a great time big thanks to Tyler durden for the tickets

He was magnificent, 'how soon is now' as an encore was just immense. Worth todays hangover :agree:

Calvin
31-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Really enjoyed it. As long as you're prepared to tolerate the ludicrous levels of self-indulgence then you'll have a great time at a Morrissey gig. Then again, given the sheer adulation from most of the crowd, who can blame him? Really a pretty good setlist too.

Matty_Jack04
31-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Thought the set list was fantastic the benefits of him not touring a new album I suppose, a few suprises thrown in like weegie board and no first of the gang but I'm still delighted with it so money well spent

YehButNoBut
31-07-2012, 03:55 PM
First time I had seen Mozza live, he was superb, Every Day Is Like Sunday & How Soon Is Now at the end were worth the ticket alone.

Was in the Upper Circle which was above the lighting rig, not sure the sound is the best up there but nice venue.