PDA

View Full Version : Fixture changes

Hibs90
17-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Hibernian has received confirmation that three Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League matches will now have revised kick off dates and times.

The next Edinburgh Derby will be staged at Tynecastle on Sunday 18 March, kick off midday (televised live on ESPN).

Our big trip north to the Highlands has now changed; away at Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Sunday 1 April, kick off midday (televised live on ESPN).

On Sunday 8 April, Hibernian take on Motherwell at Easter Road (kick off 12.30pm, televised live on ESPN).

Inverness midday on a Sunday:confused:

JimBHibees
17-01-2012, 02:23 PM

That is a shocker. Sunday lunchtime games are awful IMO.

H18sry
17-01-2012, 02:24 PM
The SPL today announced the next batch of Clydesdale Bank Premier League games to be covered live on Sky Sports and ESPN through to the split on the weekend of April 7/8.

Sky Sports will screen the third Old Firm derby of the season at Ibrox on Sunday March 25, kick-off 1pm, while the capital clash between Hearts and Hibernian is live on ESPN the previous Sunday.

Saturday March 17
Dundee United v Rangers
Live on Sky Sports, 12.45pm

Sunday March 18
Hearts v Hibernian
Live on ESPN, 12 noon

Sunday March 25
Rangers v Celtic
Live on Sky Sports, 1pm

Saturday March 31
Motherwell v Rangers
Live on ESPN, 12 noon

Sunday April 1
Inverness CT v Hibernian
Live on ESPN, 12 noon

Saturday April 7
Kilmarnock v Celtic
Live on ESPN, 12 noon

Sunday April 8
Hibernian v Motherwell
Live on ESPN, 12.30pm

SteveHFC
17-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Not happy with any games being moved. Inverness at 12pm on a Sunday they can **** right off with that one.

PaulSmith
17-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Tin hat on here but it will inconvenience the few hundred that would've made the trip but it will allow the several thousand back home to see the game 'live'

Although I can see a Sat night stopover and Johnny Foxes for a few of the younger team :pfgwa

SMAXXA
17-01-2012, 02:31 PM

3 Sunday early kick offs out of 4 weeks thats crazy. Mind good for me cause I play on a Saturday, delighted with the derby get in there! :greengrin

JustSimplyHibs
17-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Not happy with any games being moved. Inverness at 12pm on a Sunday they can **** right off with that one.

Maybe they should have big screens at ER and open the gates for us, charge a fiver a head...would be funny to see a higher attendance at ER than in the Inverness ground :wink:

Twa Cairpets
17-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I really loathe fixture changes.

I now have to miss either the derby (which I've not missed home or away for 27 years or so) or my kids game.

Midday Sunday for Motherwell? Woop de f***ing doo.

Out of all the things that TV brings, this mucking about with kick offs is the one that really, really gets on my t!ts

patlowe
17-01-2012, 02:38 PM
The Inverness fixture change is brutal but just about every SPL club suffers because of the crowd-killing, atmosphere-sucking, OF-favouring TV deal the SPL not only agreed to but positively celebrate.

PatHead
17-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Sure Hibs Hearts game is on Mothers Day which will go down really well. BTW same day as League Cup final so it won't get any build up on BBC.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Another game off my season ticket. :rolleyes:

PatHead
17-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Another game off my season ticket. :rolleyes:

You got a season ticket for Tynecastle?

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2012, 02:55 PM

Why would i have one of those? :confused:

The Sea-gull
17-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Anyone from the Inverness area or recent experience of going out up there on a Saturday/Sunday?

I have been out up there on a Saturday night a couple of times, not for 5 years or so now, and a lot of pubs closed quite early.

What is it like these days?

What about staying up for a bevy on the Sunday, are there plenty pubs open on a Sunday afternoon/night?

SMAXXA
17-01-2012, 02:56 PM

:faf:

Hibs Class
17-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Sure Hibs Hearts game is on Mothers Day which will go down really well. BTW same day as League Cup final so it won't get any build up on BBC.

It is, as was our league cup win in '07 and what seems a fair number of OF matches over the last few years. It means I will miss my first tynecastle derby for several years as I keep a promise I made in '07.

The Sea-gull
17-01-2012, 02:58 PM

Sure the 2-2 "Vaz Te" derby last season was Mother's day too.

Jay
17-01-2012, 03:08 PM

And the Motherwell one is now Easter Sunday. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
17-01-2012, 03:41 PM
The bad news for the Inverness game is that the first train on a Sunday morning to Inverness is not until 09:36 and it doesn't arrive in to Inverness until 13:15 so that's the train scratched off the cards as an option for fans going up.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2012, 03:52 PM
The bad news for the Inverness game is that the first train on a Sunday morning to Inverness is not until 09:36 and it doesn't arrive in to Inverness until 13:15 so that's the train scratched off the cards as an option for fans going up.

:bitchy: The football fan who actually likes to go to games, is the last person they think of when arranging dates and times these days. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
17-01-2012, 03:58 PM
:bitchy: The football fan who actually likes to go to games, is the last person they think of when arranging dates and times these days. :rolleyes:

Thats been evident for seasons now as we've been shafted season after season with away games to either Aberdeen or Inverness with either crazy kick off times or moved to a Sunday with a crazy kick off time or a midweek game over the festive period or just a midweek match away to either of the 2.

Baldy Foghorn
17-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Sunday midday in Inverness is a shocker, fans really are being shafted.....

Our Bus will be leaving at 07.30 on the Sunday, that seems mad....

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Thats been evident for seasons now as we've been shafted season after season with away games to either Aberdeen or Inverness with either crazy kick off times or moved to a Sunday with a crazy kick off time or a midweek game over the festive period or just a midweek match away to either of the 2.

:agree: When the league and clubs are looking at ways of attracting more fans through the doors, who in their right mind sanctions these fixtures? I mean Inverness away on a sunday, at 12. Why, just why?:confused:

PatHead
17-01-2012, 04:08 PM
So let me get this right.... They have moved our games to Mother's Day and Easter Sunday at 12 noon. My mum and my wife -2 separate people btw as I'm not a Hearts supporter- will be delighted at that. The Inverness game moved to a time when supporters can't get the train there before kick off.

Who plans these things?

yorkshire hib
17-01-2012, 04:12 PM
bloody espn:bitchy:

Hermit Crab
17-01-2012, 04:15 PM
:agree: When the league and clubs are looking at ways of attracting more fans through the doors, who in their right mind sanctions these fixtures? I mean Inverness away on a sunday, at 12. Why, just why?:confused:

I wouldn't have been so bad if it was the Saturday 12pm. Fixture changes like this should be restricted to derbys/teams close to each other geographically imo. The TV rules over the SFA because they have no balls and wont stand up to Sky or ESPN but then again they need the money from the TV deals so its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place :grr:.

Baldy Foghorn
17-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I wouldn't have been so bad if it was the Saturday 12pm. Fixture changes like this should be restricted to derbys/teams close to each other geographically imo. The TV rules over the SFA because they have no balls and wont stand up to Sky or ESPN but then again they need the money from the TV deals so its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place :grr:.

Agree wholeheartedly, but once again fans are last ones that are considered.....:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Agree wholeheartedly, but once again fans are last ones that are considered.....:rolleyes:

:agree: Although i actually will see the game now, and wouldn't have if it was not on telly. The paying public those who like attending live football, are kicked in the baws one again.:bitchy:

.Sean.
17-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Tin hat on here but it will inconvenience the few hundred that would've made the trip but it will allow the several thousand back home to see the game 'live'

Although I can see a Sat night stopover and Johnny Foxes for a few of the younger team :pfgwa
:greengrin :party:

Not a fan of midday games. We've quite often played away to Aberdeen early doors recently and it spoils the occassion if you plan on a day out.

JustSimplyHibs
17-01-2012, 04:38 PM

It's just pure mental...

I have always said that Inverness or Aberdeen should never have noon or evening kick offs due to location, length of time and lack of services to the North...so i agree the location must come into consideration.

Why doesn't the Infirm negotiate their own TV deal with SKY or ESPN as they seem to be on a different planet to the rest of Scottish Football and let's face it the TV companies are only interested in them (see tv fixture list) which will allow the rest of Scotland to kick off at 3pm on a Saturday.

Kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday may increase season ticket sales as there will be some form of structure to the league with everyone knowing when their teams are playing. Would it increase walk up fans...maybe if they reduced ticket prices.

With the Old Firm negotiating their own deals and just say they wanted to play us outwith the fixture date they would have to seek permission firstly from us and the league to play on a day outwith the fixture calander. They would also have to give us 60% of the TV cash for that day, that is for the privilage of playing us at ER, 40% if we play them in their lego stadium...NO DEAL if they don't agree and we force a 3pm kick off on saturday.

SneakersO'Toole
17-01-2012, 05:18 PM
This will surely be the first derby at Tynecastle in living memory where we can't get a booze at the Roseburn. It doesn't open until 12.30pm on a sunday like most pubs.

Hermit Crab
17-01-2012, 05:22 PM
It's just pure mental...

I have always said that Inverness or Aberdeen should never have noon or evening kick offs due to location, length of time and lack of services to the North...so i agree the location must come into consideration.

Why doesn't the Infirm negotiate their own TV deal with SKY or ESPN as they seem to be on a different planet to the rest of Scottish Football and let's face it the TV companies are only interested in them (see tv fixture list) which will allow the rest of Scotland to kick off at 3pm on a Saturday.

Kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday may increase season ticket sales as there will be some form of structure to the league with everyone knowing when their teams are playing. Would it increase walk up fans...maybe if they reduced ticket prices.

With the Old Firm negotiating their own deals and just say they wanted to play us outwith the fixture date they would have to seek permission firstly from us and the league to play on a day outwith the fixture calander. They would also have to give us 60% of the TV cash for that day, that is for the privilage of playing us at ER, 40% if we play them in their lego stadium...NO DEAL if they don't agree and we force a 3pm kick off on saturday.

:agree: 100%

Albion Hibs
17-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Farce, get shot of this TV deal. Any club out with the old firm that thinks they / their fans are better off are kidding themselves. It is killing crowds and it is killing the consistancy of any fan base.

Derbys on a Sunday is just pash, I cant remember the last Saturday one, and to be honest it is really pi$$ing me off!

As for Inverness on a Sunday, they have to be kidding themselves. It restricts a lot of things you may normally do of a saturday for traveling reasons the next day, and rules out the whole sunday by the time you are up and down the road.

I really hope the dictators of the league have a good look at this, once they have finished wetting themselves in a room about what they are NOT going to do to hertz.

andrew70
17-01-2012, 05:40 PM
This will surely be the first derby at Tynecastle in living memory where we can't get a booze at the Roseburn. It doesn't open until 12.30pm on a sunday like most pubs.

The Murrayfield Hotel will be open at 9am. I'd also imagine the Roseburn will attempt to get an early licence

Barney McGrew
17-01-2012, 05:44 PM
The Murrayfield Hotel will be open at 9am. I'd also imagine the Roseburn will attempt to get an early licence

They won't get one for a Sunday. Edinburgh Licensing Board are a shower of *****, and unless you had an old style hotel licence there's no chance they'll grant it before 12.30.

Eyrie
17-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Three games in four weeks on ESPN? Might be worth taking a short subscription out, or trying to blag a free month's trial from Virgin.

KWJ
17-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Maybe they should have big screens at ER and open the gates for us, charge a fiver a head...would be funny to see a higher attendance at ER than in the Inverness ground :wink:

I remember being at the ER beamback when Hearts beat us 4-1 at Tynie. That was the game they could've got 7 but took their foot of the gas. What a relief that was. Still, put me off ever going to a beamback again!

Sas_The_Hibby
17-01-2012, 07:55 PM
So let me get this right.... They have moved our games to Mother's Day and Easter Sunday at 12 noon. My mum and my wife -2 separate people btw as I'm not a Hearts supporter- will be delighted at that. The Inverness game moved to a time when supporters can't get the train there before kick off.

Who plans these things?

:greengrin I'm sure it's legal in Arkansas...........

Jamesie
17-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Think this has just confirmed that there will be no season ticket for me next season. I'm throwing money away.

Hibby-Nessie
17-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Anyone from the Inverness area or recent experience of going out up there on a Saturday/Sunday?

I have been out up there on a Saturday night a couple of times, not for 5 years or so now, and a lot of pubs closed quite early.

What is it like these days?

What about staying up for a bevy on the Sunday, are there plenty pubs open on a Sunday afternoon/night?

Asked my 21 year old daughter for bars and clubs open maybe past 1am and got Foxes, hush, hoots, love2love, nova, Miami, and a new one opening soon called aces.

Hope this helps.

The Sea-gull
18-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Asked my 21 year old daughter for bars and clubs open maybe past 1am and got Foxes, hush, hoots, love2love, nova, Miami, and a new one opening soon called aces.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for that, sounds like a fair few places.

monktonharp
18-01-2012, 01:54 PM

Hope this helps. sounds like Miami up there. is it warm this time o' year?:confused:

PatHead
18-01-2012, 02:43 PM

Hope this helps.

Was there a couple of years ago and am sure the pubs/clubs in Inverness have a curfew whereby you can't go from one club to another after a set time, if memory serves me 11pm. Still a great time to be had though!

The Sea-gull
18-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Was there a couple of years ago and am sure the pubs/clubs in Inverness have a curfew whereby you can't go from one club to another after a set time, if memory serves me 11pm. Still a great time to be had though!

Aye, think you have to be in the place you intend finishing the night in by 11 or maybe midnight as nowehere will let anyone in after this time. Not sure if this is a weekend thing or applies every night.

Sergeant Hibs
18-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Sunday afternoon the exact time my son plays football and I'll miss them :no way: