PDA

View Full Version : Countdown

James70
10-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Don't know if this is the right forum to post this, apologies if not!

I'm a bit of a Countdown addict but could be about to shake off my addiction after watching Nick Hewer's debut yesterday.

Jeff Stelling was always going to be a hard act to follow as he is such a natural presenter but Nick just does not seem to fit in somehow.

I know it was his first day but I just don't think he is cut out for the job. As a sidekick to Alan Sugar he does fine but as the main man, I'm sorry. It's a bit like Calderwood who was always going to better as an assistant manager rather than a manager in his own right.

The man seems to have no real personality other than being able to raise an eyebrow now and then and make some trivial comment, also seems to be unable to say anything without reading it off a card.

I'm sure he will improve with time and will no doubt have his own fans but for me the fun has gone out of the programme now.

Not saying that Stelling should have been allowed to withdraw his resignation as no one should be bigger than the show. Carol Vorderman got a bit big for her boots and got shown the door indirectly. Anyway Rachel is much nicer to look at!

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Shisiyawnouctnwodynau

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Don't know if this is the right forum to post this, apologies if not!

I'm a bit of a Countdown addict but could be about to shake off my addiction after watching Nick Hewer's debut yesterday.

Jeff Stelling was always going to be a hard act to follow as he is such a natural presenter but Nick just does not seem to fit in somehow.

I know it was his first day but I just don't think he is cut out for the job. As a sidekick to Alan Sugar he does fine but as the main man, I'm sorry. It's a bit like Calderwood who was always going to better as an assistant manager rather than a manager in his own right.

The man seems to have no real personality other than being able to raise an eyebrow now and then and make some trivial comment, also seems to be unable to say anything without reading it off a card.

I'm sure he will improve with time and will no doubt have his own fans but for me the fun has gone out of the programme now.

Not saying that Stelling should have been allowed to withdraw his resignation as no one should be bigger than the show. Carol Vorderman got a bit big for her boots and got shown the door indirectly. Anyway Rachel is much nicer to look at!

You should have worked out my reply by now then!!!!!:greengrin

lapsedhibee
11-01-2012, 08:13 AM
You should have worked out my reply by now then!!!!!:greengrin

I get "Ya, Countdown, sushi, I yawn" though I'm pretty sure that's more than nine letters.
What's the right answer? You have 30 seconds to spill.

easty
11-01-2012, 09:22 AM
I get "Ya, Countdown, sushi, I yawn" though I'm pretty sure that's more than nine letters.
What's the right answer? You have 30 seconds to spill.

I get "countdown is shiu anyway".

Anyone else worked out what it is???

James70
11-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I thought it was maybe some Scouse expression alluding to Rachel's appeal to the male species.

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2012, 11:15 AM
I get "countdown is shiu anyway".

Anyone else worked out what it is???

HAHA what a clown! (Me that is Easty not you!!!) I have just realised I missed some letters out, the shiu is missing RBB, you win anyway for getting there.

lapsedhibee
11-01-2012, 11:43 AM
HAHA what a clown! (Me that is Easty not you!!!) I have just realised I missed some letters out, the shiu is missing RBB, you win anyway for getting there.

Countdown is shirbbu?

The_Exile
11-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Countdown is rubbish anyway. Have a word! it's genius! Best program oan telly bar none, I sky plus it then watch it when the kids are in bed, I get my cardigan on, pipe fired up, long johns on, and a wee hot toddie, cannae beat it.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Countdown is rubbish anyway. Have a word! it's genius! Best program oan telly bar none, I sky plus it then watch it when the kids are in bed, I get my cardigan on, pipe fired up, long johns on, and a wee hot toddie, cannae beat it.

Cardigan? Long johns?

LTYF.